Author Topic: Looking for keycaps for my build  (Read 2523 times)

Offline DonnyD

Looking for keycaps for my build
« on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:53:59 »
I am building Tada68 + numpad keyboard, but unfortunately Starry Night R2 [GB] had problems and i cant wait 3 months. So can you suggest any keyset ? It can be a GB, if i will get them in less than month :D Prefferably DSA, XDA profiles.

Offline MrDongblaster

• Diet Dr. Pepper Enthusiast
Re: Looking for keycaps for my build
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 00:47:24 »
What's your budget? Do you like that colorway that starry night? XDA canvas can get pretty close to that with beige alphas and grey-blue mods. They're in group buy right now on massdrop, but they won't be ready in a month. You can keep an eye on the classifieds here. It pops up semi frequently.

Offline DonnyD

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 06:50:14 »
My budget is up to 90 USD. Not much for premium set, but enough for nice PBT one. I configured XDA canvas on massdrop and it came around 100 USD, thats a bit too much for me. Set is nice tough.
I like semi-retro look with light muted colors. On Amazon.com i found KBDfans DSA dey-subbed pbt keycaps, as on kbdfans website they ar not available. Off-white alphas and grey mods looks decant and it has compatible keys for my layout.
For now, i am sticking with this decision, but until i make purchase, you can give other suggestions.

Offline MrDongblaster

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 11:57:00 »
My budget is up to 90 USD. Not much for premium set, but enough for nice PBT one. I configured XDA canvas on massdrop and it came around 100 USD, thats a bit too much for me. Set is nice tough.
I like semi-retro look with light muted colors. On Amazon.com i found KBDfans DSA dey-subbed pbt keycaps, as on kbdfans website they ar not available. Off-white alphas and grey mods looks decant and it has compatible keys for my layout.
For now, i am sticking with this decision, but until i make purchase, you can give other suggestions.

Gotcha! If you're willing to try another profile, IMO EnjoyPBT makes the nicest PBT sets in that price range. Great classic colors as well.

Offline MrDongblaster

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 15:33:17 »

For the money, kbdfans makes some pretty solid. Stuff. DSA can just be tricky sometimes even for the most established manufacturers. Especially in space bars in terms of twisting and what not.