geekhack Community > Off Topic

Anybody into vtubers?

(1/4) > >>

sasukex9x9x9:
Recently got into Vtubers (ie https://dereproject.com/vtuber/whats-a-vtuber/ FYI) and have been thinking more and more about getting some custom keys 3D printed with my top pics. Suisei is of course going to be there x2...

Anybody else thought of this?? I can't be the only one  ;D

Findecanor:
I watch Ki-bo-do nyu-su every week ...
That counts as Vtubers, right? :)

noisyturtle:
No, I absolutely hate the entire concept of people hiding even further for a 'job' that basically already requires zero skill and overhead. Not even having to put their real face on cam, the epitome of being nothing for a living, you can't even be you.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Sun, 28 August 2022, 15:39:59 ---No, I absolutely hate the entire concept of people hiding even further for a 'job' that basically already requires zero skill and overhead. Not even having to put their real face on cam, the epitome of being nothing for a living, you can't even be you.

--- End quote ---

Not everyone is born with a Famous-able face though.   This evens the playing field a bit for streaming, it's not totally bad.

In Kpop it's not enough if you can sing and dance,  you also need cosmetic surgery to compete.   

1 ladder down,  what if you can't afford cosmetic surgery ?

Findecanor:
Then there's Ironmouse, who in real life has a medical condition that keeps her in bed.
While her Vtuber persona is supposedly fictional, now and then she slips a dark tidbit from her real life. I don't blame her for using a fake face.

(I don't follow her, but I often watch a couple youtubers two degrees away or so, so The Algorithm keeps feeding me her videos ..)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version