geekhack Community > Off Topic

How did you first come to geekhack?

(1/9) > >>

erricrice:
Alright, so I'll go first.

I had already bought the DAS and was using it for a few months, but then I saw that the ABS had dropped way down in price and wanted to try it, but I wanted to be sure that it was a decent keyboard to try(if they had actually solved the N-key problems, but it didn't end up mattering anyway)
Every time I searched something the first result was always a thread from here.
I decided to join up and have some fun!

...Now the addiction has spread to the rest of my body, and every day I wish I had never learned of geekhack...tragic story really...

itlnstln:
I was looking for a mechanical ergo 'board.  I found the Northgate Evolution, and I ended up sticking around.

timw4mail:
I was already interested in mechanical keyboards, and decided to see if I could learn more.

wellington1869:
I was shopping for a keyboard and wondered if the ibm keyboard -- which I remembered fondly -- from 1984 that came with our first ibm "PC" was still available.

It was!!! :) Though I discovered that by trial and error and learned with surprise that there was a whole industry (and community) dedicated to mechanical keyboards.

I'm sure I landed on geekhack from googling, like most people. Back then (about a year ago) geekhack was still a fairly small site :)  Once I realized there were different types of mechanicals I had to find out which one was right for me :)  So the shopping spree and comparison analysis began.  And then the modding kicked in. Ugh. 12 months later I'm still here ;)

The nice thing about entering the keyboard world is you get these little self-contained procrastination projects with each keyboard, lol.

ironcoder:
Another deja vu thread....here goes:

I saw Manyak's excellent keyboard thread on a not-to-be-mentioned overclocking site just about the time I smashed 2 Chiconys in a row all over my office floor for jamming and dead keys. I realized I needed some good keyboards quick or I would be out of a job.

Of course this site has so much information and so many opinions I still haven't bought a new keyboard yet. I'll have to soon, my only serviceable one is starting to cake up again and I write code for a living...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version