Author Topic: [IC] GMK Nord (GB June 10th)  (Read 260705 times)

Offline Starston3

Re: [IC] GMK Nord
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:59:02 »
Into this.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 17:21:01 »
Nice job capturing a very handsome color scheme.

Given how many kits are in the Oblivion and Dracula ICs, maybe this would be a good candidate for a "small and cheap" style of kit design, like what they did for GMK Minimal.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline thearctican

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 18:00:13 »
Sold. Send it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline rfbabeheer

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 11:50:38 »
The icon mods for both shift and capslock key not vertically aligned are bothering me. both of the icons should be aligned just like tab, enter and backspace's icons.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 17:09:56 »
The icon mods for both shift and capslock key not vertically aligned are bothering me. both of the icons should be aligned just like tab, enter and backspace's icons.

This is probably a mistake in the render. Those are standard GMK icon modifiers
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline andino

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 16:40:32 »
Didn't notice for my form entry but can you add super/meta 1u keys for WKL layout instead of FN?

Offline BinaryOwl

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 06:36:15 »
Would love to see vim navigation keys added either in the base kit or through a separate kit. Having vim keycaps seems so fitting for this colour scheme especially since it is based off of an IDE Theme. Would also appreciate a 1.5 Fn or 1.5 Alt Gr key.

I'm absolutely digging the colour scheme and wish you the best of luck with the group buy in the future.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 07:30:06 »
Would love to see vim navigation keys added either in the base kit or through a separate kit. Having vim keycaps seems so fitting for this colour scheme especially since it is based off of an IDE Theme. Would also appreciate a 1.5 Fn or 1.5 Alt Gr key.

I'm absolutely digging the colour scheme and wish you the best of luck with the group buy in the future.

Agreed on Vim keys and 1.5 AltGr. IMO there's no reason not to include arrow sublegends on HJKL in base kit, but I know someone will complain about it.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 09:46:45 »
I've bee very keen on this set ever since your first reddit post. It's like if you took Oblivion and made it more blue and replaced those silly text only mods with icon mods, and those are both positives in my opinion!  :thumb:

LightningXI gave a lot of great feedback, but I'd also like to mention specifically for me alpha colored spacebars are a must (if not in the base kit, maybe in another) and R5 bottom row would be nice to see as well.
R5 bottom row would be pretty cool ;)

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 12:01:37 »
Nice job capturing a very handsome color scheme.

Given how many kits are in the Oblivion and Dracula ICs, maybe this would be a good candidate for a "small and cheap" style of kit design, like what they did for GMK Minimal.

That's a pretty interesting idea honestly.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 12:03:17 »

I was planning vim arrow keys, but I don't really want to add any more kits to nord... Maybe I'll add it to the main kit...

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 12:08:28 »
Nice

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 15:35:41 »
I like this, but it could use some tweaks IMO.

To match the simplicity and sophistication of icon mods, I'd change the two line legends to one, like "Num" instead of "Num lock", "Print" instead of "print sc", "Pause" instead of "Pause break" and "scroll" instead of "scroll lock". Then I would also change the legends for multiply and divide to the alternate ones.

I can see you now incorporated all of this, nice!

Will buy. :)

Offline 8BitDuck

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 16:22:09 »
Any chance of adding the UK keys to the NorDe kit and making it a NorDeUK kit?

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 16:47:53 »
Nice looking design. As others have said, reminiscent of Oblivion.
Would be nice to see single color legend mods.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 16:49:40 »
Interested, but please pull out the numpad as separate kit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline te_dulce

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 17:26:23 »
Spacebar matching alphas made this more appealing to me. On my radar now.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 03:57:11 »

I’ve been thinking about that honestly. IC form shows that 60% of people want the numpad to branch off into its own kit. I’m going to decide after consulting with a vendor, but as of now, it’s going to remain in the main kit.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 03:58:04 »
Nice looking design. As others have said, reminiscent of Oblivion.
Would be nice to see single color legend mods.

A NorDeUk kit is already in the works :). Its going to replace the current NorDe kit

Offline mburrows

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 05:06:08 »
I would be definitely interested if it included the following kits:

• Ergodox
  • Ortholinear
  • Colevrak

Offline raphaelf

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 05:30:02 »
The updates are awesome! The spacebar the same color as the alphas looks pretty good.

Are you planning any accents (for esc, enter and/or arrows)?

Offline BinaryOwl

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 06:10:32 »

I was planning vim arrow keys, but I don't really want to add any more kits to nord... Maybe I'll add it to the main kit...

That's great to hear, hopefully it will become a reality. If you are not to intrigued in adding more keys to the main kit you could always add the vim arrow keys into an already planned kit rather than introducing a new one. Such as adding the vim arrow keys the the spacebar kit or they numpad kit if you go down that route. It could be away of bolstering the other kits.

Offline Ch0pin02

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 09:16:48 »
Interested!

Offline Kaktus

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 10:08:51 »
ignore this please^^

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 10:01:13 »
What he said + icon mods.

Icon mod is about preference; kit design is about compatibility. You can't just ask for icon mods and assume that will be treated the same as asking for specific kit configurations. Unless you want a separate icon mods set that definitely will not hit MOQ.

Modern Dolch icon kit hit MOQ. As did many others. I don’t quite follow your reasoning.

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 15:59:13 »
Very nice, interested! Hopefully there are plans to have a 40% kit?
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline Gabbzan

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 16:40:53 »
this set is really nice, kinda gives the same vibe as oblivion but more nice

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 25 May 2019, 17:05:22 »
I like this more than any of the other IDE themed sets. Would join  :thumb:

Offline Nvmbra

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 08:52:22 »
Is there a specific reason you chose muted blue colors for the alphas and their legends instead of the usual white/gray-ish legends like the other IDE themed keysets?

I prefer the Nord theme over the other IDE themes but I find this keyset a bit lacking, at least visually, compared to them and I think that's mainly because of the legends.
The Nord theme has a nice muted colorway but with the mods, alphas and legends being a muted blue, it just looks a bit too pale? Not sure if that is the right word.
But that could just be me given how popular the reddit post was and you mentioned that it's just inspired from the theme.

Nonetheless, it's still a good keyset and I'm sure it will hit MOQ.

Offline Yonben

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 05:48:14 »
Is there a specific reason you chose muted blue colors for the alphas and their legends instead of the usual white/gray-ish legends like the other IDE themed keysets?

I prefer the Nord theme over the other IDE themes but I find this keyset a bit lacking, at least visually, compared to them and I think that's mainly because of the legends.
The Nord theme has a nice muted colorway but with the mods, alphas and legends being a muted blue, it just looks a bit too pale? Not sure if that is the right word.
But that could just be me given how popular the reddit post was and you mentioned that it's just inspired from the theme.

I can see what you mean. IMO, OP chose to stay 100% true to the color palette, but iy would be interesting to see it with the "usual white gray-ish" as well!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 08:32:10 »

I can see what you mean. IMO, OP chose to stay 100% true to the color palette, but iy would be interesting to see it with the "usual white gray-ish" as well!

I actually disagree, I wouldn't want another boring, medium-dark mono set with some color accents. Stick to the color scheme, because it's a handsome color scheme.

Offline Nvmbra

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 17:18:02 »
Is there a specific reason you chose muted blue colors for the alphas and their legends...

I would love to see a render of that as well!
Maybe make one and see if people like it more?
Unless he chose the colors deliberately like that of course.

It would still be 100% true to the color palette, I would have just preferred the Snow Storm instead of the Frost colors from the Nord theme for the legends.

Is there a specific reason you chose muted blue colors for the alphas and their legends...

I actually disagree, I wouldn't want another boring, medium-dark mono set with some color accents. Stick to the color scheme, because it's a handsome color scheme.

I mean it would still stick to the official color theme and given the bigger interest in the other ICs of the IDE themed sets I'd say it's worth a try to follow their sets with lighter legends and monochrome mods set to see what people think about it then.

It's an IC after all.

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 09:27:42 »
Yeap, I will probably buy this kit because I was looking for a dark GMK kit with NORDE support for while, the only thing that bothers me that the alphas a bit "too muted", some lighter color would probably give the kit a fresher look.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 30 May 2019, 10:20:53 »
Awesome, I want this!

Offline ubmit

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 09:39:05 »
I want this! Any info on when the GB is gonna start?
Lyn Whale | KFE CE | Frog | Singa | Dolice | Haus | Kei | Polaris | Prophet | Bongoneko

Offline hfLIgThRdC4o

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 23:10:21 »
Interested!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 01:08:04 »
I want this! Any info on when the GB is gonna start?

Yeah interested to know if there are any plans to take the next step. Would really like to see this one hit GB stage and not fizzle out.

Offline Yonben

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 05:14:56 »
I don't understand why the IC wasn't updated, but I saw on IG that Candy Key will run it!

Here is a link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxsIUCCoXNd/ :)

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 03:59:36 »
Oh that is great news! Glad to hear it's going to make it to GB.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 21:52:08 »
Intereste

Offline Magik

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 10:06:00 »
GMK Dracular or Nord....

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 23:48:01 »
Team Nord, Dracula can suck it.

Offline melikewater

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 23:49:41 »

Offline Abec13

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 00:02:17 »
45-ATS | Adelie | Gentoo | Volcano 660 | Think 6.5 v2 | SKOG | 7V | Hello M0110
[/url]

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 01:42:31 »
Super interested. Currently my IDE theme and I'm loving it. I'd also have liked to see the Snow colours worked in as well as the Aurora ones, but I'll likely get this set either way :)

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 05:28:05 »

The bottom row keys being different colors between alt, control, super, meta, etc. kinda triggers me on this set. Also, why Super keys for one bottom row and Meta for the others?
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2019, 05:37:10 by wholypantalones »

Offline ian13

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 09:20:40 »
I also like the muted look of Nord more than Dracula. Not saying that the other one is not good, both are looking awesome! I just prefer the muted and pastel color choice of Nord. I wish for this gb to be successful :)

Offline TooniSkyy

• fi
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 10:31:01 »
Interested +1

Lähetetty minun VOG-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Offline briano1905

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 09:45:11 »
https://i.imgur.com/bMmlYFp.png

After seeing the color comparison from GMK Dracula's IC thread I think I like Nord's colours the best but I prefer the monochrome modifiers offered in Dracula. Please consider adding something similar to Nord :D

Offline jaang

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 02:47:09 »
https://i.imgur.com/bMmlYFp.png

After seeing the color comparison from GMK Dracula's IC thread I think I like Nord's colours the best but I prefer the monochrome modifiers offered in Dracula. Please consider adding something similar to Nord :D

Second this. Would love to see renders with monochrome modifiers to see how it’d look and in a separate kit if you think it looks good!