Author Topic: [GB] GMK Space Cadet, CLOSED, production finished, photos on page 4  (Read 60210 times)

Offline darthzero

Re: [GB] GMK Space Cadet, CLOSED, waiting for production
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 02:28:40 »
They finally got back to me, orders been sent already and there is nothing that can be done. Really upset I missed this kit, if someone is having second thoughts and/or impulsively jumped in on the buy shoot me a PM if you would like to sell your kit.
I get that it's not entirely their fault (they share that with Pp) BUT if that happens every drop i would just wait 2 days to submit that order and give at least one day for support issues to be cleared. If it was the first time, ok, can happen... but this needs to change sooner then later.
To be clear, this never happened to me but only because (SA Oblivion i.e.) i resubmitted my order in the last few hours and cancelled my previous one, but they absolutely CAN NOT expect that people do this and a super late price drop would have ruined that too... Even though it's partly Paypals fault too (not even sure anymore^^), massdrop are the only ones who can make a change for the better.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:18:39 »
They finally got back to me, orders been sent already and there is nothing that can be done. Really upset I missed this kit, if someone is having second thoughts and/or impulsively jumped in on the buy shoot me a PM if you would like to sell your kit.
My order was cancelled as well. Used Massdrop a dozen times and never had an issue. Usually always pay with PayPal with items that have had multiple drop points in the prices along the way. Never once have I had a "payment issue". If there are multiple people that have experienced this issue with this drop, then why are we basically $#!& out of luck..? I sent in a few customer support requests and the only responses I've gotten are the auto generated "we're busy and will get back to you soon", "We're looking into the issue and we'll get back to you soon", and "they've placed the order with the vendor and there's nothing they can do, hit request and hope that it drops again if ever". Sorry just unbelievably frustrated and needed to vent. Like the other poster that got screwed said, if anyone has an extra set or one that don't want, I would gladly grab that from you or trade for it. Desperate to grab a base kit :(

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 23:54:41 »
My order was cancelled as well. Used Massdrop a dozen times and never had an issue. Usually always pay with PayPal with items that have had multiple drop points in the prices along the way. Never once have I had a "payment issue". If there are multiple people that have experienced this issue with this drop, then why are we basically $#!& out of luck..? I sent in a few customer support requests and the only responses I've gotten are the auto generated "we're busy and will get back to you soon", "We're looking into the issue and we'll get back to you soon", and "they've placed the order with the vendor and there's nothing they can do, hit request and hope that it drops again if ever". Sorry just unbelievably frustrated and needed to vent. Like the other poster that got screwed said, if anyone has an extra set or one that don't want, I would gladly grab that from you or trade for it. Desperate to grab a base kit :(

I don't think its a massdrop issue, its easy to blame massdrop but truthfully think its crappy paypal. Paypal most likely flags random accounts when there any type of price change.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 00:05:57 »

I don't think its a massdrop issue, its easy to blame massdrop but truthfully think its crappy paypal. Paypal most likely flags random accounts when there any type of price change.
I’d say it’s a paypal issue but if this has happened many times before, then why keep Paypal as an option for the GBs? If it’s been a problem in the past, then why continue using it? Or at the very least, why not figure out exactly why this keeps happening and fix it? Instead of allowing it to happen and just saying screw you to the customers that it happens to.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 10:36:13 »

I’d say it’s a paypal issue but if this has happened many times before, then why keep Paypal as an option for the GBs? If it’s been a problem in the past, then why continue using it? Or at the very least, why not figure out exactly why this keeps happening and fix it? Instead of allowing it to happen and just saying screw you to the customers that it happens to.

Two things:

1) People want to use Paypal.  I'd be a bit miffed if they just removed it.
2) The problem is on Paypal's side.

I wish it would be fixed, or at least why it was happening could be found so it could be avoided.  But I definitely don't want them to remove it.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 12:23:39 »
Two things:

1) People want to use Paypal.  I'd be a bit miffed if [Massdrop] just removed it.
2) The problem is on Paypal's side.

I wish it would be fixed, or at least why it was happening could be found so it could be avoided.  But I definitely don't want them to remove it.

I'm not a PayPal user, but I wonder if anyone has had success solving issues like this using PayPal's discussion board?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 12:27:41 »
I know I haven't.  But I haven't had the problem at all, either.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 22:25:34 »
Hey Oblotzky, do you happen to know what the pantone equivalent for the gray modifiers is?

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 22:28:04 »
If anyone ordered the Spacekeys set, I would love to buy it off you (for double the price you paid cuz I'm desperate!) when it arrives. If anyone can, let me know over PM here or on reddit (same username) or over discord: @simonjl#3794.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 September 2018, 22:39:54 by GeneriksGiraffe »
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 19:49:06 »
Hey Oblotzky, do you happen to know what the pantone equivalent for the gray modifiers is?

It's color matched to SP's GD code, so no idea what Pantone might be closest to it. RGB would be about 99/105/106, so slightly cold as the red component is reduced.

In other news, work behind the scenes is going great. The first legends will already start having their legend plates carved for this week!

GMK renders for production for Base Kit and Symbols have been green-lit, rest to come soon. Alphas took a bit of tweaking but I'm very with them now

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 06:43:59 »
Hi Oblotzky, the GMK render, as I am seeing, blue looks a bit off from your original render, is it true? Thank you for your update, btw. Can't wait to have them on my hands :p

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 07:12:36 »
Hi Oblotzky, the GMK render, as I am seeing, blue looks a bit off from your original render, is it true? Thank you for your update, btw. Can't wait to have them on my hands :p

Yeah, don't worry. GMK is not so precise when it comes to color accuracy in renders. I've seen way worse. What matters is the actual color samples I hold in my hands, and those are perfect!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 09:17:22 »
Good stuff, sir.  Those colors look really nice.  I love the blue. 

So, I think that the closest Pantone equivalent would have to be Cool Gray 10:
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/Cool-Gray-10-C

Going to see if I can get my 268 done in this color

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 19:46:10 »
If anyone is willing to part with their 40s kit I'd love to take it off your hands. LMK, I'd be willing to trade you the base space cadet set for it (not 1:1 but still) or buy it outright
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 06:29:55 »
All kit renders are now in and approved, production schedule is on track  :)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 10:50:37 »
Oh yeah! Those looks superb!

Congrats on getting most (all?) of the kits through to production.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 10:58:45 »

Yeah, don't worry. GMK is not so precise when it comes to color accuracy in renders. I've seen way worse. What matters is the actual color samples I hold in my hands, and those are perfect!

Show Image

Love this color scheme, sample keys in this shot look perfect, now the waiting game is on.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 11:09:55 »
I am surprised, that took ~5weeks to get payment confirmation.  :eek: :eek:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 11:12:24 »
I am surprised, that took ~5weeks to get payment confirmation.  :eek: :eek:

What do you mean? This set was on track since the GB closed, we then sat down to work on the production renders and make sure everything is good. GMK has a lead time of about 16 weeks for any keyset so we had plenty of time to make sure everything is right. I now stated that this process has concluded and next step is starting production whenever it is time for our turn.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 13:24:18 »
Hi Oblotzky,

Any upcoming drops in pipeline after SC? Oblivion R2 perhaps???

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 13:43:35 »
Hi Oblotzky,

Calm Depths is next. Oblivion not before 2019, working on that too though no worries

Offline Taques

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 20:22:30 »
Calm Depths is next.

So hyped for this.

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 12:42:17 »
Hi Oblotzky,

Calm Depths is next. Oblivion not before 2019, working on that too though no worries
Hi Oblotzky,
Thanks for the great set. Will patiently wait for mine to arrive. Also do you have any plan for any SA set in the future? Would love to see more SA coming around the corner! Too many GMK's lately.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 03:20:41 »
Hi Oblotzky,

Hi Oblotzky,
Thanks for the great set. Will patiently wait for mine to arrive. Also do you have any plan for any SA set in the future? Would love to see more SA coming around the corner! Too many GMK's lately.

Problem with SA was there backlog was like over a year for production. I mean there were some caps sold in like April/may that won't be finished till like January/February or later next year. I think a lot of people don't want to take that kinda wait/risk on as group buy runners. People buying in don't want that sorta risk either. A lot can happen in a year

Offline dimo

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 21:21:56 »
Hi Oblotzky,

Any estimates on when Crimson Cadet will drop? (if it still is, fingers crossed) I'm hoping Q1 :x

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 07:39:00 »
Any estimates on when Crimson Cadet will drop? (if it still is, fingers crossed) I'm hoping Q1 :x

I'm not Oblotzky but I find Q1 to be extremely ambitious, I think maybe 8 to 10 months from now may be more realistic.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 10:16:07 »
The same artwork used for the GMK sleeves are now available for a GB on deskpads. Design was done by Outraged Pudding.

https://novelkeys.xyz/products/space-cadet-deskpad-gb

Its also available on Mykeyboard and Daily Clack. Soon to be up on zFrontier.

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/space-cadet-deskpad_116/
https://dailyclack.com/collections/products/products/novelkeys-space-cadet-deskmat

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 10:35:06 »
Any chance for a mousepad version?

I love my camping mousepad.

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 26 October 2018, 16:44:06 »
Any plans for artisan collabs? Rama X Space Cadet or something of the like? Spill the beans ;)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 08:33:22 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7R2OZH-z3/

Banderoles arrived, everything is being packed up and prepared to be shipped out to Massdrop this week.  :thumb:

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 08:37:56 »

Banderoles arrived, everything is being packed up and prepared to be shipped out to Massdrop this week.  :thumb:

Awesome news! :cool:

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:53:15 »

Oh boy! That looks pretty awesome!

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 12:33:14 »

So....might one expect these to arrive before the expected delivery date of January 11?!?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 12:49:03 »

So....might one expect these to arrive before the expected delivery date of January 11?!?

I can't really comment on that. The shipment has to go through US customs, then inspected by the warehouse staff and if everything checks out they'll start packing and shipping out the orders. I have no idea how long that process takes, so I would just keep expecting it for early Jan

Offline qq

• A daydreamer of possibilities
Re: [GB] GMK Space Cadet, CLOSED, production finished
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 14:56:46 »

So stoked! Very nice box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 04:21:40 »
QC time

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 05:10:49 »
looks really nice! :p
now I regret not joining the GB  :'(

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 05:13:58 »
Oof... will this be my first GMK set?  :eek:

Offline mimalik

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 08:01:58 »
Do I see red caps at back?? When is Red Cadet happening???

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 08:24:48 »

Just some of the goodies that came with the care package

Red Cadet has been canceled, it's Crimson Cadet now! Will have to see when exactly though

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 09:30:24 »

Red Cadet has been canceled, it's Crimson Cadet now! Will have to see when exactly though

Would you be able to make it Hydro colors? Or else a Hydro child pack?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 09:40:38 »

Crimson Cadet in Hydro colors would not be very Crimson

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:09:11 »

Good luck with your GB, then.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:13:19 »

lol...what a passive-aggressive comment.

It's a red keyset. Why on earth would they add a blue colored kit to an all-red set?

If you want Hydro, go buy Hydro. You can get it on Keyclack right now.

Offline dimo

[GB] GMK Space Cadet, CLOSED, production finished
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:14:04 »

that wording gave me a spook

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:24:54 »

Thank you  :)

Offline megaforce

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:27:20 »
ne hiragana avial
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:27:59 »

lol...what a passive-aggressive comment.

It's a red keyset. Why on earth would they add a blue colored kit to an all-red set?

If you want Hydro, go buy Hydro. You can get it on Keyclack right now.

You clearly don't know my humor.

Thank you  :)

>:D

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:31:00 »
Looking forward for Hydro Cadet with crimson colors.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 10:52:46 »
Looking forward for Hydro Cadet with crimson colors.

Can we also get some Godspeed and Danger Zone kits thrown in, too? I feel like there's huge potential here for expansion.