Author Topic: [Order Thread] Titanium Spacebar (Closed)  (Read 109560 times)

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Re: [Order Thread] Titanium Spacebar (Updates: SP profile available)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 22:03:17 »
Hm... sorry guys. The producing of 6.25x spacebars already got started, so we're not able to change the thickness at the time.

We just came out with the idea of openning another group buy for THICK Ti spacebar maybe after the group buys for Ti modifiers.

Offline mm87

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 22:32:57 »
Feng, when you said that you're not sure if there will even be another round of this, I assume the first round isnt just the first order that you sent to the producer a while ago so even the rest of the orders all the way till the 10th September will be definitely made? (ordered 1 spacebar in the first wave but thinking about ordering 1 more just before deadline)

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 23:33:49 »
Feng, when you said that you're not sure if there will even be another round of this, I assume the first round isnt just the first order that you sent to the producer a while ago so even the rest of the orders all the way till the 10th September will be definitely made? (ordered 1 spacebar in the first wave but thinking about ordering 1 more just before deadline)

The 10th September is the deadline, but it doesn't really mean when they will be made because each steps will take some times.

For example, after sending the first batch of order to Hammer, he needed to buy the materials first which takes a few days. And then he needs to do calculating and sending them to the CNC process.

He said the 6.25x spacebars are still in the process of producing. And they will be all done by the end of September.

Offline mm87

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 23:46:25 »
Yeah I just meant if the orders sent between the first wave and the deadline will be made at all :]

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 23:47:05 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 00:06:02 »
Hm... sorry guys. The producing of 6.25x spacebars already got started, so we're not able to change the thickness at the time.

We just came out with the idea of openning another group buy for THICK Ti spacebar maybe after the group buys for Ti modifiers.

WHY did he decide on his own to make them thinner?! So you're saying I would have to pay for ANOTHER spacebar to get a thick one?!...
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 00:22:35 »
I'm a little bummed out too. I read it as 28g so I ordered. :(

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 00:29:21 »
WHY did he decide on his own to make them thinner?! So you're saying I would have to pay for ANOTHER spacebar to get a thick one?!...

Because he needs to control the weight. It will be really heavy by making them thick. If you've tried these 17g-18g ones, you would know they are heavy enough. The thick spacebar is not guaranteed yet. And I'm sure you can easily sell the thin one here. :/

The next Ti group buy will be R4s.

@Feng, any chance there could be thick Ti modifiers too, 1.5x also? I'd get in for 7x thick spacebar, but only it mods would be thick too. I just like uniformity. Oh, and any change modifiers will also be present in different profiles? (I want Cherrys)
Not sure yet. Our plan for the first modifier group buy is enter, backspace, left and right shift. Since they all have 3 stems. Modifier will come in different profiles for sure.

I'm sorry man but I don't think you will not like the 17g. Really, 17g is already pretty heavy. T_T no one believes me on that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2012, 00:44:17 by feng »

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #258 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 00:37:10 »
I also remember the 28g quote... WHY does he NEED to control the weight when there are heavier spacebar switches to counteract the weight?... And what does "The next Ti group buy will be R4s." mean?

FusRoDah - I have 6 extra Grey 39 right now, but if someone wants them I have to let them buy them. I believe 7bit has a fixed $5 shipping, so it would be cheaper to get 1 through me. And I think he is going to use the phantom extras to cover the current GB.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline balanar

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 03:53:31 »

I'm sorry man but I don't think you will not like the 17g. Really, 17g is already pretty heavy. T_T no one believes me on that.

I think its not so much about the question whether people will like the 17g and more about the fact that they aren't getting what they ordered. Whether they would be able to sell what they bought is totally besides the point.

Edit: One more thing that would make this good GB into an excellent one would be if you could provide information with more certainty. Like for example I don't know if I should order this spacebar or wait for the thicker one that might not happen. I don't know if there will be thick modifiers etc.

Not trying to knock anyone but trying to share the difficulties of many here in trying make decisions on what and when we should buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2012, 03:58:56 by balanar »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 06:12:25 »
Yep, finally paid up for my two space bars.

I know I should hang my head in shame but like a drunken fool in a cat-house,  threw money away on just about everything I set my greedy eyes on.

And these two fine looking babes will be ever so loved.......and cherished, ..........for a couple of hours.  :p ;D :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2012, 06:37:53 by Elrick »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 10:10:32 »

No problem. I'm sure I'll be happy with the thinner one.

I mean, it's still Titanitum, still a spacebar, and I don't need to worry about changing my springs. 17 grams will be enough for me.

Thanks for the update!

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 04:43:50 »
6 stems spacebar
3909-0

4 stems spacebar
3911-1

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 10:15:56 »
Are those OEM Profile or Cherry? Cherry is shorter, so I imagine it would probably weigh a bit less.

Either way, they look weighty enough for me. I'm so excited!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 10:50:02 »
Since they are going to stop making the Poker can you plant the seed that we need a 1.75x right shift? Then potentially the key to the right of it on the Pure. OEM profile for me personally.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 11:59:09 »
Agree on the pure compatibility. Need 1.75 right shift and extra key
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 12:03:23 »
They look awesome feng!

Please make the ANSI modifiers Cherry profile!

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #267 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:34:33 »
There better be a THICK titanium spacebar GB after this! The thin one will have to placate me until then... (Can I just pay him to make me a THICK one now?...)

That being said, is the finishing all that's left to be done? I will probably have to use a black instead of a grey 37 for my spacebar switch, as these will probably be too light... I expect the thin-ness will make them simply clack instead of THOCK...

I prefer cherry DS, so I won't be ordering any zinc (2nd) or titanium modifiers.
R.I.P.ster

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: [Order Thread] Titanium Spacebar (Updates: SP profile available)
« Reply #268 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:39:09 »
There better be a THICK titanium spacebar GB after this! The thin one will have to placate me until then... (Can I just pay him to make me a THICK one now?...)

That being said, is the finishing all that's left to be done? I will probably have to use a black instead of a grey 37 for my spacebar switch, as these will probably be too light... I expect the thin-ness will make them simply clack instead of THOCK...

I prefer cherry DS, so I won't be ordering any zinc (2nd) or titanium modifiers.

They aren't thin they are perfectly fine, you really think that 11g of material is going to make this spacebar sound like a normal plastic one?

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:45:48 »
Asperger's makes me anal-retentive... I can't help it... I wanted thick, so I'm gonna whine...

On a side note - my credit card just increased to $2500 today. Does that mean I buy too many POS boards?...
R.I.P.ster

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: [Order Thread] Titanium Spacebar (Updates: SP profile available)
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:47:13 »
Asperger's makes me anal-retentive... I can't help it... I wanted thick, so I'm gonna whine...

On a side note - my credit card just increased to $2500 today. Does that mean I buy too many POS boards?...

Have you owned metal caps before?

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:50:29 »
Not metal, but other thin plastic. Therefore my mind has been set on all keycaps being thick, whether plastic or metal.
R.I.P.ster

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 16:55:57 »
Metal doesn't need to be thick to sound awesome :D

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 17:00:07 »
I'll be the judge of that when I get my thin one in the mail.
R.I.P.ster

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 17:03:52 »
I hope that your board is plate mount!

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 17:21:57 »
I HATE platemount! It's so harsh to bottom out on a plate. PCB mount is where it's at. My titanium spacebar will be going on my 3494.
R.I.P.ster

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 17:24:16 »
Plate would give you a much better thock! I don't think that I bottom out so I have no preference between PCB / plate.

Offline The_Ed

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 17:42:22 »
Maybe, but the THOCK would probably hurt after a while on a plate-mounted board. I have a feeling that a THICK titanium spacebar would have a noticeable difference to a thin one on a PCB mounted board. And that the THOCK would be much softer and pleasant to type on with PCB-mount.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 18:48:49 »
Maybe, but the THOCK would probably hurt after a while on a plate-mounted board. I have a feeling that a THICK titanium spacebar would have a noticeable difference to a thin one on a PCB mounted board. And that the THOCK would be much softer and pleasant to type on with PCB-mount.

True, the Filco setup will hurt after a while, but the G80 Cherry setup is more comfortable.  I thought of installing a ghetto-plate mod to the G80 but now I've grown to love it just the way it is.

PCB mount maybe my fave after using Filco's for so many years.  I'm not trashing Filco's god-forbid, it's just more comfortable to sit in front of a G80 and type for hours.  Maybe the German's got it all right when they made these keyboards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2012, 18:57:48 by Elrick »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 18:53:22 »
I just wanna see the sandblasted finishing already =(

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 08:42:13 »
I HATE platemount! It's so harsh to bottom out on a plate. PCB mount is where it's at. My titanium spacebar will be going on my 3494.
O-rings.

I want to see what the sandblasted looks like, so I can regret my choice to go shiny.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 11:01:23 »
17g is heavy as crap for a spacebar. samples look awesome. please thank hammer for me feng; these are looking awesome!

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mm87

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 11:22:02 »
Yeah I wouldn't call them too thin, they look great and not any thinner than feng's sample in the OP, so people can't really say they're not getting what they ordered. IMO whoever is saying they aren't thick and heavy enough will change their mind once they have them. I sure can't wait to get mine :]

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #283 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 21:23:21 »
17g is heavy as crap for a spacebar. samples look awesome. please thank hammer for me feng; these are looking awesome!

Yes, they are going into my Coffin with me when I die.  They're just too beautiful to leave behind.

Offline Quadrupliplex

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 21:29:24 »
Put my order in earlier.  Can't wait.  Yeah I guess I was just worrying too much about the thickness.
They do look wonderfull.
Since they are titanium I'm sure paper thin would still be as strong or stronger than plastic of regular girth.

Offline mm87

« Reply #285 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 07:13:53 »
Ordered another spacebar, hope it's still in time :P.

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 09:38:14 »
i ordered. thanks. :)

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline mm87

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 10:30:53 »
Aand paid for the 2nd one as well.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
Re: [Order Thread] Titanium Spacebar (Last day!)
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 21:26:26 »
I'll stop taking orders tomorrow morning. This group buys went more further than I thought. I was expecting about 20 orders at first. :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 21:36:29 »
I'll stop taking orders tomorrow morning. This group buys went more further than I thought. I was expecting about 20 orders at first. :)

The man is right.  This is the absolute best Space bar that is currently available.  This baby will out last you.  Imagine buying something that you can tap on for the next 50 years of your life, the switches on the keyboard would melt and collapse, but this space bar will remain intact.

I have a feeling that you could launch it from Cape Canaveral and as it floats past Pluto into deep space, Aliens will come across it and ask....what is this?  They would probably detect that it might be several million years old and we as a species have disappeared, yet this Space bar will look like it came out of the factory yesterday.

The ONLY decent thing that mankind has ever made in it's existence.  8)
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2012, 21:38:38 by Elrick »

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:08:35 »
Will there be a round 2? I should have ordered two cherry profiles instead of a cherry and a OEM.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:11:39 »
It's very nearly as impressive as the 22 ton forgings ALCoA used for the F22 frame.

Wow, there are 40 orders? Sweet. I'm surprised there are more brushed than sandblasted. I almost went with sandblasted myself.

Offline zzspectrez

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 23:48:13 »
Order placed and payment sent!

6.25 6 stem shinny

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 23:59:14 »
Will there be a round 2? I should have ordered two cherry profiles instead of a cherry and a OEM.

If you can't change your order, I'll order a cherry and we can do a swap Beast?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:12:08 »

If you can't change your order, I'll order a cherry and we can do a swap Beast?

If you don't mind the "6.25x, OEM, 3x, Shiny" that I ordered, I'd love too :D

I'd like the "6.25x, cherry, 3x, Shiny"

Offline gijay

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:23:28 »
paid and sent order.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #296 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:23:58 »
If it fits my poker/ducky then I'm fine with that, although would prefer sandblasted if that can be changed.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:28:02 »
If it fits my poker/ducky then I'm fine with that, although would prefer sandblasted if that can be changed.

You don't have to do this, I'm sure I can sell it recoup most of my money and then buy a round two if there is one.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:28:59 »
Too late, already ordered a shiny cherry 6.25 3x hah.

Feng! Hope you read this, switch my cherry with The_Beasts OEM please, and if you can, make the OEM sandblasted!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:31:31 »
Ohh you :D