Author Topic: Keycap combination/color Suggestion  (Read 5314 times)

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
Keycap combination/color Suggestion
« on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 03:48:56 »
Hi Guys,

I recently painted my CM QFR to a shade of blue (photo attached). Just want to get ideas for keycap color combination. If you got photos or link to a photo as a sample would help much. Thanks  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keycap combination/color Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 04:22:56 »
Yellow would go very well with that!

Or blue.  Or blue and yellow!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 08:24:28 »

I am trying to imagine how it would look hahaha you have any photos you can refer me too.. too bad wasdkeyboards does not allow changing the board color so I can test it huhuhu

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 20:41:07 »

I am trying to imagine how it would look hahaha you have any photos you can refer me too.. too bad wasdkeyboards does not allow changing the board color so I can test it huhuhu

No, sorry, but yellow goes with everything :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 02:34:45 »
Too bad ain't got friend who uses yellow keycaps I would like to try before I buy..

Well I did have some extra caps around and tried them on with several combination and something like this I came up with. Thoughts?

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 03:26:08 »
GMK hydro would look awesome on this build

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:36:35 »
Too bad ain't got friend who uses yellow keycaps I would like to try before I buy..

Well I did have some extra caps around and tried them on with several combination and something like this I came up with. Thoughts?

Is that case together properly?  Or are they especially low profile keycaps?  My QFR keycaps stick out a lot higher above the case than that.

I prefer \| and `~ to be the same colours as the alphas, but otherwise it's a nice combination :)

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:38:17 »
Nope this is how it looks with the top case properly put

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:38:45 »

Hey thanks do you have photos of that?

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:41:40 »

Oh nevermind I think I know that set unfortunately I wasn't able to get into the gb

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:42:04 »
i got it off the IC page of hydro but the GB just ended tho.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83881.msg2234441#msg2234441

:thumb:

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:42:55 »

Oh nevermind I think I know that set unfortunately I wasn't able to get into the gb

lol too late. posted it.

anyhow you could check out my IC on gmk black lotus haha but i dont think that would fit right with the color of your case haha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:47:25 »
The Filco yellow keycaps are great, but don't look quite this yellow in real life, unless you happen to get the lighting right ...

149924-0

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 04:47:36 »
i got it off the IC page of hydro but the GB just ended tho.

Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83881.msg2234441#msg2234441

:thumb:

Yeah but when I go to pre order they are still accepting from keyclack.com

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 05:47:46 »
Ok I may still have a chance for the hydro set

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 09:29:40 »
Ok I may still have a chance for the hydro set

Go for it!

Offline seville57

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 10:29:28 »

Blue and Yellow, the Swedish flag.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 04:03:07 »

Blue and Yellow, the Swedish flag.

Your next task is to design a keyboard with this pattern made from its keycaps.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:21:54 »
GMK Dolch + CMYK Mods all the way :eek:

like-a-dis by Mr. Hoff. Except for that spacebar. What's up with the orange spacebar? :-X

Chris Schammert

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:26:52 »

like-a-dis by Mr. Hoff. Except for that spacebar. What's up with the orange spacebar? :-X

Show Image

Looks ok just not sure if it will match the paint

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:36:39 »

Show Image

Welp. How about Skidata? I think the pic is by JaccoW

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35672.150
Chris Schammert

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 06:56:46 »

Show Image

Welp. How about Skidata? I think the pic is by JaccoW

Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35672.150

Hmm I think I saw someone selling that set in the classifieds section

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 07:03:05 »

This too bad its missing 1 key

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 07:05:52 »
Show Image

aw nuts :(
Chris Schammert

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 08:05:18 »
Show Image

Yup too bad.. I did fine another possible set.. do you know what these keycaps are called?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 09:49:21 »
Show Image

Yup too bad.. I did fine another possible set.. do you know what these keycaps are called?

Hmmm,  I can't place it with a EU/US vendor. At first, I thought Skydolch but the set in your picture is the same color as Skydolch modifiers which is weird. So strange to see the cyan/black without the light gray alpha keycaps. Surely someone will recognize it
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 09 October 2016, 20:37:59 »
Show Image

"Begin" instead of "Home" - haven't seen that before!

Offline benderkey

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 10:52:55 »
Try looking at Keypuller for color schemes.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 15:01:24 »
Show Image

"Begin" instead of "Home" - haven't seen that before!

Haha that is less confusing imo
Chris Schammert

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 22:15:10 »
It is not a custom wasd set is it?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 00:36:18 »
It doesn't appear to have the UV coating that WASD places on their keycaps. I suppose someone could have sent in a fully custom .svg keyset design for WASD to print and the designer later stripped the keycaps of the UV coating. That seems very unlikely, though.
Chris Schammert

Offline MJL

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 05:39:33 »
Blue modifiers and white letters?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Double-Shot-Keycap-104-Set-for-Chery-MX-Keyboard-Key-Caps-Blue-White-/271608725745?hash=item3f3d2440f1:g:AZYAAOSwnDZUGFAJ

I have not got mine yet but am thinking about navy modifiers and blue letters (sorry no picture).

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 22:29:04 »
Blue modifiers and white letters?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Double-Shot-Keycap-104-Set-for-Chery-MX-Keyboard-Key-Caps-Blue-White-/271608725745?hash=item3f3d2440f1:g:AZYAAOSwnDZUGFAJ

I have not got mine yet but am thinking about navy modifiers and blue letters (sorry no picture).

Hey thanks for the suggestion

Hmm I might check and consider that.. so far I have tested these
152728-0152730-1