Author Topic: [s]Feb-Mar-Apr[/s] batches of Matias_Mini all gone. Now it's MAY!!!  (Read 1217 times)

Offline BucklingSpring

Just got a nice email from Matias - My order in Jan might ship in MAY.

Now that really sucks - I think I'm going to cry.

Thank you for pre-ordering one of our new Matias mini mechanical
keyboards. As per the product description on the order page, this is a new
product not yet in stock. As a pre-order customer, you are entitled to
FREE shipping, and will be one of the first in the world to get one of
these keyboards.

There has been overwhelming demand for this product, and pre-orders have
far exceeded our anticipated numbers -- our first production run was
completely sold out by people who ordered even earlier than you, and those
orders have been fulfilled.

We had hoped that all remaining pre-orders would be shipped by now, but
due to the high demand, and some unanticipated parts supplier delays, the
remaining pre-orders will be shipped from our next production run, which
is finishing in late April.

We apologize for the delay. Your order will be shipped as soon as stock
arrives in May.

We greatly appreciate your patience.
Regards,
Barbara
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: [s]Feb-Mar-Apr[/s] batches of Matias_Mini all gone. Now it's MAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 00:27:40 »
Lol man these mini keyboards really is popular eh?  Good thing I got the full size one which = instant delivery  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline iri

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 03:28:16 »
why not? successful form factor, more or less successful layout. i think nobody of those who ordered the board knew it's a bad quality product.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 09:54:35 »
I played with one at MechanicalKeyboards.com a couple of weeks ago and found it to be a pretty nice board. I don't have much experience with ALPS, but if that's what you're after, it was pretty nice.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 17:43:55 »
I saw one guy here who's not happy with the one he got.
He attached pictures of keys not properly aligned.

Other that that, Mathias keeps getting raving reviews for their boards.

And my full size QP doesn't have any of the problems he describes.

why not? successful form factor, more or less successful layout. i think nobody of those who ordered the board knew it's a bad quality product.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 March 2013, 17:48:50 »
Yeah, I have a fullsize Quiet Pro and I absolutely love it.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music