Author Topic: Headphone Thread.  (Read 1316185 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: Headphone Thread.
« Reply #3450 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:38:28 »
I have had a lot of time to listen to the Audeze LCD XCs and they sound great! Completely changed my opinion on closed-back headphones.

I wish I didn't have to sell mine.

I still want them.. I just can't justify it at the moment..

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3451 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:39:36 »
I have had a lot of time to listen to the Audeze LCD XCs and they sound great! Completely changed my opinion on closed-back headphones.

Why is TJ selling all his audio goodies?

Because I realized while I like amps and dacs and $1500 headphones, I was listening to music way louder than my ears needed and also because I'm kinda falling out of interest with summit-fi gear.  Esp when I can have a bunch of different mid tier gear to try (I enjoy the chase more than having perfection, I think) and keep and still have money for things like cheese.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3452 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:48:16 »

Because I realized while I like amps and dacs and $1500 headphones, I was listening to music way louder than my ears needed and also because I'm kinda falling out of interest with summit-fi gear.  Esp when I can have a bunch of different mid tier gear to try (I enjoy the chase more than having perfection, I think) and keep and still have money for things like cheese.

Cheese is good.  :)

I am currently interested in the HE-400S. Going to go down to my local headphone shop next week to check them out and compare them to the he-400i and 560s.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3453 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:49:24 »

Exactly why I cant justify buying LCD's over the HD650s for marginal improvement.  :(

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #3454 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 13:51:54 »
Cheese like cheese whiz?

And I guess the TH900 is sold? =P

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3455 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 14:28:07 »

Cheese is good.  :)

I am currently interested in the HE-400S. Going to go down to my local headphone shop next week to check them out and compare them to the he-400i and 560s.

You should consider some Fidelio x2s! ;)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3456 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:27:35 »
I would love to consider the x2s, however my local headphone shop (headphonebar.com) sells pretty much everything except Philips! As I can try most other headphones, I will probably pick something that I have tried and enjoyed over something I cannot.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3457 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:28:35 »
I would love to consider the x2s, however my local headphone shop (headphonebar.com) sells pretty much everything except Philips! As I can try most other headphones, I will probably pick something that I have tried and enjoyed over something I cannot.

So lucky...

I wish we had a good retailer like that.

Offline Axollott

« Reply #3458 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:09:00 »

So lucky...

I wish we had a good retailer like that.
I'm in stupid Mexico where there isn't much at the stores and the little there is they don't let you test it. So I bought the Fidelio X2 and waiting for my package to arrive hopefully this weekend. I've been using HD25's for 8 yrs now. I love them but I recently decided to get some other headphones with more bass extension. After the X2 I might buy the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ. WubbWubb.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3459 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:21:21 »

Pretty sweet being able to try the headphones out in person before you buy them.. I just had to decide based on reviews

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3460 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:00:36 »

Pretty sweet being able to try the headphones out in person before you buy them.. I just had to decide based on reviews

I hate reviews
I have to read so many before I find one that's applicable to my tastes.

JH Roxanne reviews were very misleading and the Beyer T5p even more so.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3461 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:01:19 »
Agreed with GL1TCH3D, I'd rather test drive before I buy....with anything. Reviews don't know me.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3462 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:21:00 »
Reading a variety of reviews is better than nothing.. and Amazon's return policy is pretty good if they turn out to be terrible :P

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3463 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 18:48:55 »
Canadian retailers don't accept returns on headphones.

Even bestbuy that has a pretty open return policy doesn't accept returns.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3464 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:00:35 »
#blameCanada

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3465 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:46:24 »

I hate reviews
I have to read so many before I find one that's applicable to my tastes.

Funnily enough there was a small review on /r/headphones yesterday from a dude that moved from dt990 pros to he-400S, which is the exact change that I am planning to do. It was a nice review to read since I could relate so well. But I agree that most reviews are hard to understand and don't show the true sound of the headphone.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #3466 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:16:15 »
I'm thinking of getting a JHA Roxanne Universal, so I'm curious about this, care to elaborate?

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #3467 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:01:45 »

I'm fairly sure Amazon accepts returns on headphones. Sure, it's not a retailer in the strict sense, but it is a viable option.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3468 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:46:28 »
I'm thinking of getting a JHA Roxanne Universal, so I'm curious about this, care to elaborate?

It was supposed to be released in Jan 2014 and shipped at the end of the month. I preordered it through Moon Audio in mid Jan.

I got it early April with all the delays.

They wouldn't even announce why there were delays. I would only hear it from Moon Audio that there was a delay and that's why he wasn't shipping me anything yet.

He even gave me free 2 day shipping to Canada for the long wait (Good Guy Drew)

I got it and I was hearing a distinct imbalance when I first got it but thought maybe it was the tips or something. Obviously my other audiophile friends wanted to hear it. I showed it to one and he heard something weird but I convinced him that it was probably the tips or something. When I showed it to my other friend and he heard the same imbalance I knew something was up. By then I had them for about a month and I still heard the imbalance a bit even after trying different eartips.

I played around with the balance shift on the Fiio x5 and had to shift it left to fix the balance issue but even then there were problems in the treble. I tried switching the cable sides around but still heard the imbalance in the left side. The drivers / earpiece was defective. I called them using Andy's personal line and he guaranteed me that he'd inspect a brand new pair and ship them out to me. This was about in May. I emailed him my personal info which he requested and waited patiently. A month later I had received nothing in the mail and no email reply. I call back and Angie tells me that he's on vacation and that he hadn't left anything to be sent for me. He went on vacation without sending me the new Roxannes, something that came defective on arrival and that cost $1300 before shipping and taxes.

By the time he finally got back and shipped me the new pair it was July.

Here's a quote from my review over at headfi:

Why did I give this 1/2 a star? Simply because the experience with these has been absolutely awful.
I found out after talking to a few audiophiles about my pair that the left earpiece may be broken in some way. Basically the mids were muffled and sounded off. Very noticeable if you paid attention to it/ know what to listen for. Otherwise it would just sound like something is off overall. This coming in after all the cosmetic defects and delays is REALLY disappointing. I send emails with no response. I call and get connected to Andy who listens to me and tells me he'll send me a pair first thing Monday morning (Monday being May 19th) and that he would quality check it himself. Well here I am updating this on June 12th with no further response and no replacement after confirming by email that he would send me a replacement on May 19th. This has been an overall awful experience dealing with JH for a $1300 pair of earbuds.

I got to try both the new and old pairs and compare them. It really shocked me to see that the build had been completely changed. While the old ones had darker plastic and a more formed look, the new ones were more bulbous with a more transparent plastic and a bulbous look. They sounded like opposites. With the new driver on the left and the old one on the right, the sound on the old one was dark and veiled with the new one being brighter.

They either changed the way they were making the earbuds or they changed the design without telling anyone hoping that they would be rare enough for no one to notice. Either that or my first pair was REALLY screwed up but my initial impressions matched a lot of the initial impressions.

Another thing worth noting is that JH claimed that these Roxannes were going to be the top of the line for the new series. It took some people a year to get their custom versions. Less than a year after the Roxannes were announced, the Angie and Laylas come out. My friend who ordered his custom roxannes (the first friend that I let try my Roxannes) on Black Friday waited until July / August of 2014 to get them and was obviously pissed when he saw them release a "better" model.

Yet another one of my friends visited JH in person before the Freq Phase came out and he asked them "Do you guys have something else coming out soon? I'm going to be pretty pissed if I buy these JH13s and something else comes out."

Literally a month after he got his 13s done, the FP version came out.

Ah that's my rant about JH for now.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3469 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:49:11 »

I'm fairly sure Amazon accepts returns on headphones. Sure, it's not a retailer in the strict sense, but it is a viable option.

Meanwhile from Amazon.ca the M50x is $200CDN

http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619625&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x

Something that runs 25% less on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619661&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x

Or the HD650

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619688&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650

http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619703&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650

Even if it's getting better, amazon.ca isn't remotely competitive for pricing.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3470 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:59:49 »

Meanwhile from Amazon.ca the M50x is $200CDN

http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619625&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x

Something that runs 25% less on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619661&sr=8-1&keywords=m50x

Or the HD650

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619688&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650

http://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437619703&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650

Even if it's getting better, amazon.ca isn't remotely competitive for pricing.

I think that has a lot to do with the exchange rate. The price on .ca is equivalent to the price in USD on .com. Also, a percentage of that cost is due to the great return policy.

Sure, I tend to order from brick and mortar shops like Headphone Bar. But amazon does have good deals when things go on sale. HD598s were 149.99 a while back. And Amazon is pretty damn good when compared to most retailers in Canada that offer the robust return policy it does. AFAIK Headphone Bar does not offer strict returns, only exchanges, and earphones aren't even up for exchange.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3471 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:14:57 »
The prices were even worse when the Canadian dollar was better. It's only now that the CDN dropped 15% in value that the prices are even coming close.

The only thing I ordered from Amazon.ca EVER was a single book in 2014.

I use Amazon.com more than I do amazon.ca even if I have to use a proxy or wait for family to pick it up for me.

I might start browsing it more since the Canadian dollar is so crappy right now but in the past it was awful for purchases

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3472 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 22:25:08 »
Well we'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't share your hate of amazon, I find that the prices for what I tend to buy are pretty reasonable, maybe a few bucks more on amazon, but I prefer that to dealing with smaller entities with not guaranteed customer service.

Anyway, tl;dr canadians get shafted in general for esoteric hobbies - keyboards, cans, shipping.

all in the name of free health care which I never use. [/oversimplification]

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #3473 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 03:09:25 »

It was supposed to be released in Jan 2014 and shipped at the end of the month. I preordered it through Moon Audio in mid Jan.

They wouldn't even announce why there were delays. I would only hear it from Moon Audio that there was a delay and that's why he wasn't shipping me anything yet.

I got it and I was hearing a distinct imbalance when I first got it but thought maybe it was the tips or something. Obviously my other audiophile friends wanted to hear it. I showed it to one and he heard something weird but I convinced him that it was probably the tips or something. When I showed it to my other friend and he heard the same imbalance I knew something was up. By then I had them for about a month and I still heard the imbalance a bit even after trying different eartips.

I played around with the balance shift on the Fiio x5 and had to shift it left to fix the balance issue but even then there were problems in the treble. I tried switching the cable sides around but still heard the imbalance in the left side. The drivers / earpiece was defective. I called them using Andy's personal line and he guaranteed me that he'd inspect a brand new pair and ship them out to me. This was about in May. I emailed him my personal info which he requested and waited patiently. A month later I had received nothing in the mail and no email reply. I call back and Angie tells me that he's on vacation and that he hadn't left anything to be sent for me. He went on vacation without sending me the new Roxannes, something that came defective on arrival and that cost $1300 before shipping and taxes.

Why did I give this 1/2 a star? Simply because the experience with these has been absolutely awful.
I found out after talking to a few audiophiles about my pair that the left earpiece may be broken in some way. Basically the mids were muffled and sounded off. Very noticeable if you paid attention to it/ know what to listen for. Otherwise it would just sound like something is off overall. This coming in after all the cosmetic defects and delays is REALLY disappointing. I send emails with no response. I call and get connected to Andy who listens to me and tells me he'll send me a pair first thing Monday morning (Monday being May 19th) and that he would quality check it himself. Well here I am updating this on June 12th with no further response and no replacement after confirming by email that he would send me a replacement on May 19th. This has been an overall awful experience dealing with JH for a $1300 pair of earbuds.

I got to try both the new and old pairs and compare them. It really shocked me to see that the build had been completely changed. While the old ones had darker plastic and a more formed look, the new ones were more bulbous with a more transparent plastic and a bulbous look. They sounded like opposites. With the new driver on the left and the old one on the right, the sound on the old one was dark and veiled with the new one being brighter.

They either changed the way they were making the earbuds or they changed the design without telling anyone hoping that they would be rare enough for no one to notice. Either that or my first pair was REALLY screwed up but my initial impressions matched a lot of the initial impressions.

Another thing worth noting is that JH claimed that these Roxannes were going to be the top of the line for the new series. It took some people a year to get their custom versions. Less than a year after the Roxannes were announced, the Angie and Laylas come out. My friend who ordered his custom roxannes (the first friend that I let try my Roxannes) on Black Friday waited until July / August of 2014 to get them and was obviously pissed when he saw them release a "better" model.

Yet another one of my friends visited JH in person before the Freq Phase came out and he asked them "Do you guys have something else coming out soon? I'm going to be pretty pissed if I buy these JH13s and something else comes out."

Oh my, this makes me quite leery of getting the Roxanne, thanks for the headsup. I think I'd be better off with an Heir Audio 8a CIEM, thought I don't like the idea of CIEM's....but seeing that someone is selling his pair of 8a for about 500USD, perhaps I'd be better off with it. Or, I might not get any more IEM's/CIEM's and shift my focus back to getting some cans I'd promised myself.....like the HE4S and a Shure 1540 for example.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #3474 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 13:13:52 »
Any thoughts on gungnir and moljnir from schiit?

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3475 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 15:09:03 »

Oh my, this makes me quite leery of getting the Roxanne, thanks for the headsup. I think I'd be better off with an Heir Audio 8a CIEM, thought I don't like the idea of CIEM's....but seeing that someone is selling his pair of 8a for about 500USD, perhaps I'd be better off with it. Or, I might not get any more IEM's/CIEM's and shift my focus back to getting some cans I'd promised myself.....like the HE4S and a Shure 1540 for example.

Not trying to scare you away.

I'm generally considered the unluckiest person in a lot of groups for just negative random occurances. In video games my RNG equates to just about nothing. I can't get a good roll for my life. I can have 95% chance of success and fail consistently.

In real life it's not quite as bad but still very bad. I don't remember reading about any other defective Roxanne's. (Though there are still a lot of people mad about the stunt of hiding the Laylas / Angies until everyone's ordered the Roxanne's).

I've had my T5p break, the Roxanne came defective.

Luckily I've never had anything lost in the mail, though customs has opened and held my last 4 international purchases. They've also held every single fountain pen purchase for inspection.

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3476 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 15:10:54 »

I'm generally considered the unluckiest person in a lot of groups for just negative random occurances. In video games my RNG equates to just about nothing. I can't get a good roll for my life. I can have 95% chance of success and fail consistently.

In real life it's not quite as bad but still very bad. I don't remember reading about any other defective Roxanne's. (Though there are still a lot of people mad about the stunt of hiding the Laylas / Angies until everyone's ordered the Roxanne's).

Luckily I've never had anything lost in the mail, though customs has opened and held my last 4 international purchases. They've also held every single fountain pen purchase for inspection.

Don't play XCOM  :p

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3477 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 16:05:36 »

Don't play XCOM  :p

I play enough games with RNG.

Smite the MOBA has a chance based critical hit system and even with a 90% chance I can't seem to crit for **** resulting in my death. No matter how much better my accuracy is I can't put out the damage out.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3478 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 18:55:00 »
I was tossing up whether to get the Roxanne's or the Angie but decided on se846's instead and after reading your experiences I'm kinda glad. Saved on money and hassel.

SE846 with zx2 = Boss btw :)

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3479 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:13:29 »
I was tossing up whether to get the Roxanne's or the Angie but decided on se846's instead and after reading your experiences I'm kinda glad. Saved on money and hassel.

SE846 with zx2 = Boss btw :)

While the Shure house sig works for me my tiny little ears don't fit the 846 =[

Gratz on the purchase

Offline ttzhou

« Reply #3480 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:47:23 »
Can anyone comment on RHA MA750 vs Vsonic GR07 vs Fostex TE-05, i.e. experiences with any of these?

IEMs are so much harder to pick...

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3481 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 21:58:32 »
The GR07's have a cult following and apparently have exceptional bass but unfortunately that is all i can chime in on haha.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #3482 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 08:59:46 »
I've more or less dropped the Roxanne Yniversal......an Heir Audio 8a has caught my eyes. The cost of the *a plus reshelling would cost me about 580USD, so I'm thinking I might just go for it.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3483 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 10:28:58 »
I've more or less dropped the Roxanne Yniversal......an Heir Audio 8a has caught my eyes. The cost of the *a plus reshelling would cost me about 580USD, so I'm thinking I might just go for it.

Well $1080 total is still less than a Roxanne =P

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #3484 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:14:05 »
Well $1080 total is still less than a Roxanne =P
No, the cost of reshelling and the earphones themselves would total 580usd.....a good deal.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 23:11:21 by PadawanGeek »

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #3485 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:25:33 »
This is a really old thread but I'm rocking some HD600's and a M & M Schiit stack with a custom Cardas cable.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3486 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 11:49:15 »
This is a really old thread but I'm rocking some HD600's and a M & M Schiit stack with a custom Cardas cable.

How are the magni/modi working for you? I've been thinking about getting the m&m version 2 myself.. soon as I can get them through the W.A.P. (wife approval process)

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #3487 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 13:48:54 »
They're awesome and probably the best bang for your buck on the market. The sound is just phenomenal and so clear.  I know you can spend significantly more on dacs and amps but I can't imagine I'd ever need anything more than these.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3488 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 16:28:09 »
They're awesome and probably the best bang for your buck on the market. The sound is just phenomenal and so clear.  I know you can spend significantly more on dacs and amps but I can't imagine I'd ever need anything more than these.

^ Agreed.  For all but the rare ultra inefficient headphone, that pairing is more than enough for anything in my opinion.  Especially the uber versions.

Now to decide if I want a pair of prime day returned x2 on amazon...
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2015, 16:32:17 by tjcaustin »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3489 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 23:21:36 »

All of this, plus my own experiences with jh for 2 different pair of CIEM, is why I'm going UE or noble (probably noble) when I get back into the CIEM game.  Like night and day difference talking with Brannon than whoever chooses to open the email at JH since I'm not a multi-platinum rock star.

In talking to someone on head-fi, I realized I've owned a total of about 30 pair of headphones in the past 2.5 years.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2015, 23:26:34 by tjcaustin »

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3490 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 23:45:59 »
Jeez I counted about 25 in the same time frame

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #3491 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 23:55:47 »
Glad I heard that about the JH stuff. I was really considering getting a pair of JH ciems in the future.  So you think Noble is the way to go? What about Hidition?

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #3492 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 00:08:11 »
Glad I heard that about the JH stuff. I was really considering getting a pair of JH ciems in the future.  So you think Noble is the way to go? What about Hidition?

Brannan is SUPER responsive to concerns. It's usually same day during the week.

I've organized to ship my CIEMs back by talking to him over facebook. It's a much more relaxing experience.

Unfortunately because I'm the center of bad luck I will not be buying CIEMs again.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #3493 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:51:45 »
HD600 or DT880 250/600 Premium, which would you choose ?   

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #3494 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 02:58:58 »
HD600 because I've already been in the position of making that choice and I don't regret going with the 600s at all.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #3495 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 03:58:36 »
HD600 because I've already been in the position of making that choice and I don't regret going with the 600s at all.

They sound great, but the construction has me considering "side" grade.       :(

Offline jerr

« Reply #3496 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 04:00:36 »
My HD600's are amazing, get them :)

Offline Axollott

« Reply #3497 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 05:04:34 »

HD600 Sennheiser knows what they are doing.

Offline jamster

« Reply #3498 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 08:34:28 »
Anyone had good experiences with IEM build quality over an extended period?

My pair of Shures have had a couple of problems, one where the cable just keeps splitting at the jack (I've read numerous reports of this issue with Shures) and another where one of the earpieces just fell apart and needed to be glued back in.

So... I like IEMs but am leery of Shure. I've owned Etymotics a long time ago, which have been great, but they came with a ridiculous 6' cable which was a hassle to manage.

I'm okay spending maybe 150-200 on headphones, with a preference to clarity and a disinterest in bass (so IEMs are a good fit).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3499 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:42:07 »
Just had to put £600 aside for my house for the first time, it's going to be a while before I can afford my Vali and Modi, so a long time before I can use my 990s :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin