Author Topic: [IC] The Keyboard Coffee Table Picture Book  (Read 108281 times)

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
Re: [IC] The Keyboard Coffee Table Picture Book
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 11:37:07 »
I absolutely love this idea!! I'm crap with a camera so i definitely will not be contributing but i'd love to buy one!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 11:39:48 »
whew i'm actually so dumb. Replied again instead of editing my first post.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 November 2018, 11:42:41 by Acereconkeys »

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 12:28:49 »
Glad you're here!  The idea is still alive even if the work on it is at a turtles pace...

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 12:34:57 »
Glad you're here!  The idea is still alive even if the work on it is at a turtles pace...

I'll be honesty had no idea thread was necro when I posted hope this happens sometime!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 13:02:29 »

I'll be honesty had no idea thread was necro when I posted hope this happens sometime!

This thread pops it's head up every so often. SamirD has a better idea of it's status, but I think we're mostly looking for picture submissions/legal work.

We also hope is happens sometime. Soon(TM)
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 21:56:30 »

This thread pops it's head up every so often. SamirD has a better idea of it's status, but I think we're mostly looking for picture submissions/legal work.

We also hope is happens sometime. Soon(TM)
Yep, this was my baby right before all hell broke lose in my work a few years back and I haven't gotten any personal free time since then to dedicate to any task. :(  But that doesn't affect one of the largest parts of job--getting enough great photos submitted. 

The legal agreement is pretty much done, but I'd really like a legal review of it before we start getting it executed.  It will be one of the core binding agreements, and I'd rather us not have to change it anytime down the road for any reason if we can avoid it.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 20:00:03 »
Wasn't aware you were still looking for pictures and the rights to them, I'd be happy to provide a few of mine.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 15:00:44 »
If I have anyhitng worthy you can have any pictures I posted  ;D

Offline dimo

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 15:26:28 »
“invalid login” error when uploading

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 11:52:50 »
I love this idea!
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 22:42:13 »
Wasn't aware you were still looking for pictures and the rights to them, I'd be happy to provide a few of mine.
Most definitely!  The more the merrier!  It will be nice to have a wide gamut of the keyboarding hobby represented.  :thumb:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 22:42:56 »
If I have anyhitng worthy you can have any pictures I posted  ;D
Awesome!  Just hit the upload link:  :thumb:
http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.com/upload/T4dgzJ/UL

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 22:43:45 »
“invalid login” error when uploading
Oh no!  I just saw this post.  :'(

I just tried it and it seems to be working fine.  If you try it again and it doesn't work, feel free to post here again and I'll see what's going on.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 19:01:23 »
I just looked through the gallery again and got all excited about this project even though I can't even think of working on it right now. :(

That being said, one thing that I had thought about earlier but never put down on paper was the idea of having editions--this way, the culling process isn't as tough since great submissions that don't fit into one year's edition can go into the next, and editions allow this project to continue into perpetuity becoming a visual archive of the hobby for generations to come--hopefully becoming easier to produce with each edition.

As always, I'd love to hear feedback on this as well as anything else related to the project, even though the progress can be measured in microns.  :-[

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #264 on: Thu, 11 July 2019, 21:19:50 »
This would be so dope.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 00:19:48 »
I know it's been a long time in the making, but I think I know someone for design who will make this a stunning project and a recurrent project. :)  Stay tuned!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 05:34:44 »
Marcin Wichary is putting his finishing touches on the "Shift Happens" book about the history of keyboards. Releasing hopefully soon!

https://mwichary.medium.com/shift-happens-5b049f5a93a8

Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 11:48:19 »
I know it's been a long time in the making, but I think I know someone for design who will make this a stunning project and a recurrent project. :)  Stay tuned!

Glad to see you back around here! And very excited for this project to pick up again. I was just thinking yesterday about starting to plan my own iteration of this project - funny timing. If you could use a partner or some help in getting things rolling, let me know!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 13:27:52 »
Marcin Wichary is putting his finishing touches on the "Shift Happens" book about the history of keyboards. Releasing hopefully soon!

https://mwichary.medium.com/shift-happens-5b049f5a93a8
Very cool!  Definitely one for the library for those of us that love this stuff.  :)
Glad to see you back around here! And very excited for this project to pick up again. I was just thinking yesterday about starting to plan my own iteration of this project - funny timing. If you could use a partner or some help in getting things rolling, let me know!
As I heard in a movie somewhere, 'I never left'.  :D  Most definitely could use a partner--let me know what you're thinking and let's see if we can't pick this back up.  :thumb:

Offline .jan

• keebsta
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 15:17:37 »
Any chance to get a discord going for this project? Would love to follow this more closely!

I also remember you commenting on one of my reddit posts to submit my photos :)

Offline VictorPerkeys

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 16:55:07 »
Hey from Australia
I’m sure a lot of us aussies would also love this. I’m from Victoria, also some Aussie vendors that may pick it up would be daily clack, switch keys or allcaps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:12:46 »
Any chance to get a discord going for this project? Would love to follow this more closely!

I also remember you commenting on one of my reddit posts to submit my photos :)
I didn't think of it, but sure why not?  I've noticed that my post here has spread to other sites.

Sweet!  I think I saw your submissions in the gallery too. :)  Either that of there's so much awesome stuff there that I keep on losing myself in them.  :cool:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:16:07 »
Hey from Australia
I’m sure a lot of us aussies would also love this. I’m from Victoria, also some Aussie vendors that may pick it up would be daily clack, switch keys or allcaps :)

Ooooo...I never even thought about using vendors for distribution!  That's a great idea!  We could get the orders directly and then bulk ship to the vendors for in-person pickup if they have a retail location and are cool with allowing that to happen.  I think the idea of selling to vendors for resale would just drive costs up since there would be another level of markup necessary for vendors to stock the books.  But then again, I don't think the original cost of $20-25 can be hit now anyways thanks to everything changing how it has in the last 6 years.  :-[

Offline VictorPerkeys

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:18:51 »
Hey from Australia

Ooooo...I never even thought about using vendors for distribution!  That's a great idea!  We could get the orders directly and then bulk ship to the vendors for in-person pickup if they have a retail location and are cool with allowing that to happen.  I think the idea of selling to vendors for resale would just drive costs up since there would be another level of markup necessary for vendors to stock the books.  But then again, I don't think the original cost of $20-25 can be hit now anyways thanks to everything changing how it has in the last 6 years.  :-[
I think allcaps is the only Australian vendor with an actual store. But looking forward to this

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:24:04 »
Hey from Australia

I think allcaps is the only Australian vendor with an actual store. But looking forward to this

Good to know!  You mind reaching out to them and see what their thoughts are about being a pickup point?  Then we could just ship a pallet or a big box versus having to ship to each person individually down under. :)

Offline VictorPerkeys

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:25:45 »
Hey from Australia

Good to know!  You mind reaching out to them and see what their thoughts are about being a pickup point?  Then we could just ship a pallet or a big box versus having to ship to each person individually down under. :)
Will do I’ll post in here once they reply :)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 17:38:43 »
Hey from Australia

Will do I’ll post in here once they reply :)

Awesome, thank you!

Offline Nuap

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 16:54:19 »
+1 for AllCaps being an Australian vendor.

I uploaded a couple of photos for your consideration and I'll upload a few more. What's the current state of the project? Do you need any help?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 19:22:41 »
+1 for AllCaps being an Australian vendor.

I uploaded a couple of photos for your consideration and I'll upload a few more. What's the current state of the project? Do you need any help?
Thank you!  The current state of the project is as posted in the OP (I try to keep it updated), so we're needing work on submissions, legal release, layout and publisher.  Can always use more help especially if you know of any resources in any of these areas. :)

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 13:51:26 »
i very much like this idea!

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #280 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 00:38:42 »
Will this still be a thing?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #281 on: Sat, 10 June 2023, 17:47:32 »
Still getting submissions for this, which is great!  Going to be getting this great one from geek-keey on reddit: :D

Take a look at the submission gallery and let me know what you think--love to hear some feedback on what's been submitted so far.  :thumb:

Offline masje

• Your neighborhood keyboard designer.
    • masjewerke
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 11 June 2023, 03:26:26 »
Interested!! Following very closely!