Author Topic: Nothing in Sent Items  (Read 10804 times)

Offline Dark_wizzie

Nothing in Sent Items
« on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 04:49:11 »
Hi,

I PM'ed somebody but it doesn't show up under Sent Items. I'm afraid my message never got through. When I clicked 'send', it says the message was sent successfully, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks.
Beep Boop

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Nothing in Sent Items
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 04:52:15 »
Just under where you type the message is a checkbox "Save a copy in my outbox - is it checked?

If not, a copy will not be saved.

And if you happen to UNcheck it, it will remain unchecked for all subsequent PMs until you deliberately check it again.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dark_wizzie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 04:56:56 »
Ahh, thank you. I thought such an option would be checked by default. Other forums I've been to show a copy of sent posts by default.

Beep Boop

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 05:04:18 »
I'm also given to understand that you can send a PM to yourself if you want to test it.

Talking to yourself via PM :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:13:19 »
Hi,

I PM'ed somebody but it doesn't show up under Sent Items. I'm afraid my message never got through. When I clicked 'send', it says the message was sent successfully, so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks.

You can also check the "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default." box under Personal Messaging in your Acc Settings >> Modify Profile >> Personal Messaging
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Acerk

• I pay attention to details!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 14:07:10 »
I wish this was a default feature, and people instead removed things from their sent category. Similar to an inbox. I always forget to check this box before sending.

Thanks for the settings advice ;)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 14:14:55 »
I wish this was a default feature, and people instead removed things from their sent category. Similar to an inbox. I always forget to check this box before sending.

Have to agree with you. Makes no sense to me why it isn't the default setting.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 03:38:57 »

Once you set it, it should stay checked for all subsequent PMs (until you uncheck it again).

Offline Philister

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 14:51:20 »
Sorry for being a clueless Necro, but I can't figure out how to get to my outbox / sent items list for personal messages (yes, I have ticked the box to save them). Thanks!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 14:54:58 »

Offline Philister

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 02:49:47 »
Got it. Many thanks!