Author Topic: Coz Caps: Wrist Rest Sale, US Proxy. Sent!  (Read 219587 times)

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
Coz Caps: Wrist Rest Sale, US Proxy. Sent!
« on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:07:51 »
Update 09/05: All sent! You should of got tracking to your PayPal email.

Update 07/05: Unpaid wrist rests reraffled. Check your PayPal guys. Number 3 went unloved. If anyone wants it send me a PM.

Update 06/05: Sale Closed, Invoices out!

Hey guys!

For a year or so now I've been promising a few community members I'd get some wrist rests to a proxy in the US so I can get some of these to you awesome Americans.

If you are in Canada or Europe and want one of these you can enter, but postage WILL be more expensive. This sale is mainly aimed at getting some of these on some US desks, but feel free to enter. If you live in Australia or South East Asia, I'll aim to have a sale for you guys on my website sometime. These take me AAAAGES to make so won't be super soon.

All wrist rests are made from reclaimed scrap wood, Jarrah and Marri are Australian hard woods.

They are hand finished and sealed with a high quality wax. They will age and wear with the oils from your skin. I feel this gives them more charm. If you want a high gloss shiny wrist rest these aren't for you. These have a more natural feel.

Please Read The Sale Form Carefully!

Sale is a raffle style sale. It will be open for 24 hours.

Zanduby is Proxying these for me. A lot of you will know him, he's an awesome community member, thanks so much for doing this man. If you have any concerns please contact me and not him.

Wrist Rests

Form

Hope you guys like them!

All the best

Coz

Giveaway: Check over on MechMarket for giveaway
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 May 2019, 22:31:46 by cozmonort »

Offline evd198111

Re: Coz Caps: Sale Preview
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:31:00 »
I won some of your caps in the last sale and the look realy good.

Will this be a random draw or can we select the caps we want?

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:33:28 »
Hey man!

It'll be a raffle, but I'll let people select as many caps as they want in preference. As each cap is different I feel it's only fair. There will be a limit each person can win but you'll be able to nominate for many caps. I'll just slowly work my way through the nominations.

I'll also let people nominate a style, so if you want a Volkeyno, you can put your top preference in style, then just "Any Volkeyno" and I'll put aside whatever is left for you.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:37:08 »
MX only I'm assuming?

Looks like you have a ton of designs going on too o_o

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:40:24 »
No, I have some topre blanks. Esc and Fn. But VERY few.

Yeah I kind of went nuts with my sculpts. I'll probably whittle them down for my next sale. But I've really enjoyed making a variety of caps this time round :)

Edit: What's pictured is not everything for my sale, just a selection of it. If people saw my first sale (over on reddit, https://redd.it/46k4wm) then they can also expect a few gilded caps, and gaming kits.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:42:12 by cozmonort »

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:44:15 »
Hey CoZ! Looks like you've really stepped up your game with these which I'm very happy to see. What a difference proper equipment and practice make eh! I'm egg-cited to get in on a couple :D
More

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:49:46 »
Thanks ETF! Yeah it's been a learning experience, but the pressure pot is a huge help. Thanks for the fantastic advice :)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:14:37 »
those caps in the picture... reminds me of

good luck with sales!

Offline Mattc777

• Lost Keys
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:22:18 »
Someone has been busy! Cool to see such a varied range of options and colorways. Nice work! Excited to enter the raffle!  :thumb:

Offline biocalves

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 15:34:09 »
So many choices!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 15:36:34 »
I really could use a topre esc + fn with some nice splats as a gift. Make more! And change your damn logo from that mx stem!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:10:51 »
Haha yeah I've gone a bit silly with different styles/effects this salr. Heck, it's been fun though!

My wife has been offering to change my logo. Haha it's definitely on the cards.  :)

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:33:48 »
I've got 3 of your blanks! Love those guys :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 20:47:12 »
Sweet blanks!

Offline olieatstofu

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 00:48:27 »
I was thinking "I need some mad coloured gaming/moba sets" and then saw your post on Reddit.

I just had to post, these look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 03:28:25 »
Thanks guys!

Yeah I'm actually sorting out the gaming sets at the moment. I should have quite a few. Will post pics on here as soon as the sale goes live. Just keep in mind the gaming sets are hand made, and will look as such, but I'll photograph each set on my B.87 so you can see how they sit before you enter the raffle :)

Offline NoahNHP

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 03:36:44 »
So beautiful....
Dolphin V2 | LZ CLS | 356 mini

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:48:10 »
Holy cow.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:56:26 »
Great work coz, these look fantastic. Will you have individual pictures?

Offline wilsones15

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:28:42 »
looks cool
gonna join the raffle hope can got 2/3

Offline rurushu

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 10:56:30 »
Coz, saw your gaming sets, damn this particular one is awesome!!!

And the price is very wallet-friendly too!  :thumb:

will you have this gaming set for sale this time around? In MX or Topre?

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 11:02:51 »
Hot damn. We need more neon and black caps. These look great, you've had tons of improvements since the last caps I saw!

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 21:19:01 »
Hot damn. We need more neon and black caps. These look great, you've had tons of improvements since the last caps I saw!

Hahah yeah, I stumbled across them just playing around with multi shots, and absolutely love it. My mate calls them my Fresh Prince Caps :)

Show Image

Thanks Rurushu! That set is not available, all new colours this time, I think I have one a bit similar, but my sets are never the same :/

Gaming sets are still only OEM this sale. An absolutely awesome guy (cottonsox!) sent me a bunch of Cherry MX blanks so my next sale will have cherry profile gaming sets along with the OEM.

Still no topre gaming sets, but I'm hoping to purchase a topre board soon, and if I do I will get a bunch of blank caps and definitely aim to produce a gaming kit or two in topre. I'm still pretty new to this so I've got to take it slowly with my catalog, can't afford to grab everything at once, Kids come first  :D

Thanks Bro!! Been a while, hope all is good! The sale will have LOTS of photos. I plan to photograph each Gaming Kit individually, so you can see how it sits on the board before you buy, I will also photograph each cap in batches, in the grid style many artisans use, so each cap will be labeled. I'll probably also do some individual pics of my favs, or ones that are hard to photograph in the group. I just have WAY too many to photograph them all this time.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 21:40:44 »
I really like the colors on the blanks man, will definitely get in on this raffle!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 22:13:52 »
I really like the colors on the blanks man, will definitely get in on this raffle!

Thanks man! appreciate it! :)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:18:16 »

Hahah yeah, I stumbled across them just playing around with multi shots, and absolutely love it. My mate calls them my Fresh Prince Caps :)

Show Image

Thanks Rurushu! That set is not available, all new colours this time, I think I have one a bit similar, but my sets are never the same :/

Gaming sets are still only OEM this sale. An absolutely awesome guy (cottonsox!) sent me a bunch of Cherry MX blanks so my next sale will have cherry profile gaming sets along with the OEM.

Still no topre gaming sets, but I'm hoping to purchase a topre board soon, and if I do I will get a bunch of blank caps and definitely aim to produce a gaming kit or two in topre. I'm still pretty new to this so I've got to take it slowly with my catalog, can't afford to grab everything at once, Kids come first  :D

Thanks Bro!! Been a while, hope all is good! The sale will have LOTS of photos. I plan to photograph each Gaming Kit individually, so you can see how it sits on the board before you buy, I will also photograph each cap in batches, in the grid style many artisans use, so each cap will be labeled. I'll probably also do some individual pics of my favs, or ones that are hard to photograph in the group. I just have WAY too many to photograph them all this time.

I see, then will the new gaming sets following the same design pattern as the last one?
Also, from the pics of your previous sale, it seems that the gaming sets' keys are rough textured, will this also be the same in this sale?
I think it is nice to have them textured, because it is for gaming after all  ;D

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:34:18 »

Show Image

I see, then will the new gaming sets following the same design pattern as the last one?
Also, from the pics of your previous sale, it seems that the gaming sets' keys are rough textured, will this also be the same in this sale?
I think it is nice to have them textured, because it is for gaming after all  ;D

Yeah some are along similar lines, pattern wise, some are pretty out of left field too. The old sets were taken from my Ducky Shine 5 stock caps, they were a little textured, but only as much as the masters were. The big problem I ran into with them was that even though the double shots felt flat, with a raking light you could still see the legends on my gaming kits, ever so faintly. To combat this I had to move to other blanks that my mate lent me, they are thick PBT so they are really nice and solid, but they are not really very texutred. They feel very different from other keys, so I personally quite like them, because even though you can still feel the difference, it doesn't really get in the way of the overall feel of the keyboard when typing. I kind of wanted to stay away from putting a designed texture on them, because many artisans have done that in the past and I didn't want to step on any toes.

Also I personally quite like the slight difference in the feel, before I made my own kits I had aluminium gaming keys on my board, and so I'm used to homing my fingers on a slightly different feeling key. 

Also now my gaming kits will include 8 keys, so you can either put them on WASD or MOBA binds, the last sets were limited to MOBA as you only had two r3, now you get 3 :)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:29:29 »

Show Image

Yeah some are along similar lines, pattern wise, some are pretty out of left field too. The old sets were taken from my Ducky Shine 5 stock caps, they were a little textured, but only as much as the masters were. The big problem I ran into with them was that even though the double shots felt flat, with a raking light you could still see the legends on my gaming kits, ever so faintly. To combat this I had to move to other blanks that my mate lent me, they are thick PBT so they are really nice and solid, but they are not really very texutred. They feel very different from other keys, so I personally quite like them, because even though you can still feel the difference, it doesn't really get in the way of the overall feel of the keyboard when typing. I kind of wanted to stay away from putting a designed texture on them, because many artisans have done that in the past and I didn't want to step on any toes.

Also I personally quite like the slight difference in the feel, before I made my own kits I had aluminium gaming keys on my board, and so I'm used to homing my fingers on a slightly different feeling key. 

Also now my gaming kits will include 8 keys, so you can either put them on WASD or MOBA binds, the last sets were limited to MOBA as you only had two r3, now you get 3 :)

one word to describe my feelings now:

EXCITEMENT!

Thank you for taking your time to reply to inquiries from the community, that helps alot!

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 22:26:56 »
Thanks for the support rurushu! Nice to know people are keen!! :)

I am always happy to reply to any questions from the community, a massive reason why I am doing this, and still enjoy doing it so much, is the fantastic community. At the core I'm just another member of the community and an artisan fanboi myself. I'll always do my best to answer any queries, and never feel hesitant to drop me a PM also :)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 03:52:08 »
Thanks for the feedback coz, can't wait for the pics! yeah mate, FINALLY getting back into the game :) (have been away for work for a little while).

Offline stratzi

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 20:09:08 »
Stoked for this weekend! Just a few more days!

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:16:37 »
Thanks Stratzi, ugh only a few more days... still got so much to do!!!  :eek:

Welcome back Glenmael! Hopefully you get some chill time at home soon!

Added some pics of a selection from the Gaming Sets on my board in OP :)

Offline jabronni

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 11:35:53 »
These look amazing. Very unique color combos you went with.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 23:20:08 »
I want that teal volcano hhhhhnnnnnggggggg
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 02:03:39 »

Thanks man! I absolutely love my volkeynoes too.. The green/teal was cursed, sooo many failures this was the only good one :)

These look amazing. Very unique color combos you went with.

Thanks man! Appreciated the kind words :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 April 2016, 06:02:54 by cozmonort »

Offline Liam

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 11:25:20 »
Back off! It's mineeeeee  :p :p :p
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
Re: Coz Caps: Sale Is Live!
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 21:56:18 »
Sale is live and running for 48 hours. :)

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 22:01:35 »
entered the sale!! hope i win the topre keys :D
Realforce 87U

Offline xredman

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 22:02:49 »
Holy constabulary! This is an amazing sale! :D

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 23:00:47 »
Coz - these are really nice and fun looking caps. PLS make more dot blanks!!
More

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 23:14:53 »
woooo 1st coz raffle! ENTERED!

Offline Kruzada

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 23:28:18 »
The Constabulary has gathered it may seem. I must have them all!

Great caps Coz! Really digging the blanks.
Dat Thock

Offline raijin

• Location: Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco - constantly on the move
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 23:49:59 »
Dude, wtf did you do with my constabulary?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 13:20:15 by raijin »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 00:49:34 »
With so many choices this took a while to fill out, but I've done and submitted it!
Let me know if there are any issues, Coz! Don't wanna miss out.

Dude, wtf did you do with my vestibule?

There's a vestibule cap?

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 01:11:55 »
Romevi, that's why I gave people 48 hours ;)

I'll try keep my future sales a bit more sane.

If there are any problems I'll get in touch!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 01:16:53 »

Offline NoahNHP

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 01:53:15 »
i think i already fall in love with the golden snitch  :-[
Dolphin V2 | LZ CLS | 356 mini

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 03:52:47 »
I had some comments about the reference pictures not showing the hieght/profile of the caps properly. Please look at the "Some shots from more angles" link at the bottom of the OP, I just didn't want to make the first post any longer than I had to so put the extra shots in an imgur album. I'm sorry for the confusion, hopefully this helps!

Offline totallycaked

• You wouldn't like me when I'm angry
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 17:57:01 »
These keys are awakening my constabulary, I must have them!