Author Topic: Question about TMK and GCC ARM  (Read 1778 times)

Offline MrCyprus

• SunStruck Magazine
Question about TMK and GCC ARM
« on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 11:57:30 »
Hey guys,

Where exactly do I put the GCC ARM toolchain when installing it for use with ChibiOS and TMK firmware?  I'm trying to get the teensy-lc-onekey example working and everytime I run the makefile it can't find the toolchain.  I'm getting this error:

Code: [Select]
make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: No such file or directory
make: *** [build/obj/crt0_v6m.o] Error 1

Currently I have it in my user directory as was recommended here https://gnu-mcu-eclipse.github.io/toolchain/arm/install/#macos , but I'm wondering if I need to place it somewhere specific like inside the tmk_core folder

I checked all the docs and they only pointed me to where I could download the toolchain.  It seems they all assume I would know where to put it after the fact. Hoping someone could clear this up for me, as I'm pretty sure this is a really simple problem that I can't seem to figure out. 

I'm on macOS.

Thanks!

Offline joey

Re: Question about TMK and GCC ARM
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:00:25 »
In the shell you can type 'export PATH=/path/to/the/arm/gcc/bin/folder:$PATH'. Then try running make.

Offline MrCyprus

• SunStruck Magazine
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:07:59 »
In the shell you can type 'export PATH=/path/to/the/arm/gcc/bin/folder:$PATH'. Then try running make.

This worked.  Thanks.  Knew it had to be something simple.  Now on to the next compilation error.  Lol!

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 12:10:05 »
You can add that line to the ens of your .bash_profile. That way it'll always be available.