Author Topic: Realforce mouse  (Read 44681 times)

Offline sleepy

Realforce mouse
« on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 12:49:16 »
Realforce twitter posted this, looks pretty interesting. Says it uses topre switches for the mouse clicks, what do you guys think?

https://twitter.com/TOPRE_REALFORCE/status/1235394649243541505?s=19

Offline Findecanor

Re: Realforce mouse
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:34:58 »
Google-translated from press release (cut):
Provides a feather touch finger-friendly push feel and quietness not found in mice. Capacitive contactless switch The system features a gentle click that does not give the finger strong repulsion or vibration, which reduces fatigue on the finger. You. The production is Made in Japan, which is produced at the Sagamihara factory in the same way as REALFORCE.

The shape of the mouse is designed to be easy to hold with your right hand, and the elastomer on the left and right sides is not slippery due to sweat etc. By arranging the side buttons a little higher, the space for the thumb is widely secured, holding the mouse and It is compatible with a design that makes it difficult to accidentally press the side button when grasping quickly. In addition, the mouse weighs only 83g, but the inside has a double case structure to increase the rigidity of the body.

1. Feather touch, the best click feeling that is gentle on the fingers and less tiring. Topre's proprietary capacitive contactless switch prevents chattering and switches more than 50 million times The durability and quietness of the switch are achieved, and the capacitive contactless switch is a gentle clip that does not give a strong repulsion or vibration to the finger. The feeling of clicks can reduce the fatigue of fingers and provide the best click feeling.

2. Uses the PixArt PMW3360 sensor, which has been proven by professional gamers, as a high-performance sensor. Ideal for professional use of gamers and CAD / CAM / CG designers who value performance and accuracy

3. The report rate and DPI can be switched with the mouse switch. Report rate changeover switch: 3 stages of 125/500/1000. DPI switch: 4 stages of 400/800/1600/3200. * Each DPI can be customised in the range of 100 to 12,000 DPI by dedicated software. Report rate switch DPI switch REALFORCE MOUSE software screen

4. Uses a 2.8mm diameter ultra-fine cable to pursue operability. By floating the base of the cable coming out of the mouse upward, the grounding of the cable is reduced and further operation is performed. Achieving improved performance.

Will be available on March 19.

news.mynavi.jp has more images, including the internals. Some tidbits:
* Price estimated at 18000-20000 Yen (That's including the Japanese VAT, which I think is at 10% now)
* The idea had come from salesmen at Topre (...) but developed with input by gamers who worked at Topre
* New Topre switch, made to replicate the feel of a keyboard
* 0.9 mm travel
* The mouse wheel uses a "silent" but simple electromechanical rotary encoder with detents. The middle mouse button looks like an ordinary microswitch though.
* Windows-only software (for now).: macros, liftoff distance, stepless DPI,
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:36:42 by Findecanor »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 16:25:01 »
Realforce twitter posted this, looks pretty interesting. Says it uses topre switches for the mouse clicks, what do you guys think?

Show Image

Sorry, but i'll be sticking with my G203/g305 with grip tape and hyperglides for now.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 18:27:45 »

Show Image

hell yes, this really has me interested. might be time to replace the zowie finally

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 18:49:56 »
I'm assuming this isn't 4mm worth of travel ?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 20:05:21 »

I wondered this as well, but looking at the side profile, there doesn't look to be any abnormal gap under the left/right click area.

237188-0

So I'd imagine it's closer to a standard mouse in terms of travel distance, but then what kind of room does that leave for a rubber dome to collapse?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 21:31:00 »
At this point, I'm too interested not to say no!

I've really fallen for wireless mice though, so this mouse has to _really_ be something to get me to switch my daily.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 21:38:52 »
It is 0.9 mm.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 21:56:24 »
At this point, I'm too interested not to say no!

I've really fallen for wireless mice though, so this mouse has to _really_ be something to get me to switch my daily.

the only downside is the price... 18000-20000 yen :(

Offline E3E

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 21:58:22 »
tiny rubber dome

Offline Sniping

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 03:09:14 »
yeah why the hell is that $200. i love drinking the topre kool aid but this is a bit hard to swallow. the shape just looks like a deathadder

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 14:36:59 »
Would buy... if $150 cheaper.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 15:01:06 »
This is prolly gonna be a Jpn only product, they would have to compete on tracking with logitech in the west.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 15:12:43 »
It looks cool, but why would someone want a Topre switch in a mouse? Doesn't everyone like clicky mice? I had once thought of linear and tactile mice, but I'm not sure it would really work well. I imagine it would be like pushing a Game Boy button (or any console controller button, I guess).

I thought Topre keyboards were generally considered sluggish in games too (I have no experience with them, so I don't actually know).

Not criticizing it necessarily, just questioning.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 21:20:58 »
Hyped, a lot
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 21:31:49 »
I hate the logo!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 22:05:42 »
lul $167
https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kitcut-ps/item/482222/

that's before reshipping costs too.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline btctopre

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 19:38:39 »
taeha types guy released a teardown/mod video of it today-

switches are pretty ghetto imo, basically a nipple on the underside of a dome that presses into some sort of contact plate that presses against the pcb to activate the click. also appears to use the cooler master mount setup for the mousewheel (which you have to take apart and clean every 6-12 months and it's super fragile), so looking like a hard pass from me. i hate that if it doesn't sell well, they'll probably not make a second/improved iteration, but they pretty much doa'd it themselves by slapping two rubber domes in a cm storm alcor and pumping the price up by $130+.

if you're someone that's buying it regardless, i'd recommend waiting until amazon.co.jp has direct shipment offerings since you can usually get the cashless purchase discount (5-10%), and then global express shipping on something like this would be under 10 bucks.

Offline subcat

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 20:33:40 »
i’ve had mine for about a week and i have to say i’ve been enjoying it quite a bit. the difference in switch-feel is subtle enough that i didn’t feel like i needed to adjust, but different enough that it’s a lot of fun to use. they feel great, nice and soft but still crisp and sharp. the lack of noise is very nice at night/while focusing on work. the materials feel premium enough that, in combination with unique switches, leave me with no qualms over paying the high retail (even if from an objective standpoint it’s disproportionate). i’ve been playing quite well with it in games, but i also find topre keyboards to be perfectly suitable for gaming, so maybe more of a preference thing there. the software is easy to use and intuitive.
my only real complaint is that the dpi switch is on top of the housing rather than underneath a la EC2-A - i have no reason to be switching sensitivity on the fly, keep that **** on the underside of the mouse please

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 23:55:32 »
Yea, the use of mechanical encoder is Kind of Lazy.

Logitech had the best optical encoder implementation, but they also went cost-cutting.

Overall, we knew it was gonna be gimmicky, buh... I felt like they didn't have enough Heart on this one..

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 09:28:41 »
$200 is steep with all the competition in the market, especially at an 83g Ergo Mouse.  I would love to try one out and compare it to my current line up as it's dimensions hit the size that I prefer to use.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:24:34 »
taeha types guy released a teardown/mod video of it today-

switches are pretty ghetto imo, basically a nipple on the underside of a dome that presses into some sort of contact plate that presses against the pcb to activate the click. also appears to use the cooler master mount setup for the mousewheel (which you have to take apart and clean every 6-12 months and it's super fragile), so looking like a hard pass from me. i hate that if it doesn't sell well, they'll probably not make a second/improved iteration, but they pretty much doa'd it themselves by slapping two rubber domes in a cm storm alcor and pumping the price up by $130+.

if you're someone that's buying it regardless, i'd recommend waiting until amazon.co.jp has direct shipment offerings since you can usually get the cashless purchase discount (5-10%), and then global express shipping on something like this would be under 10 bucks.

lmao nipple mouse

Offline kekstee

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 14:17:00 »
So I've had the RFM01 for a while now as well.

switches are pretty ghetto imo, basically a nipple on the underside of a dome that presses into some sort of contact plate that presses against the pcb to activate the click.
How are they ghetto? A single dome provides tactility and the metal plate with relief cuts lowers towards the pcb for a change in capacity. It's a cool way to produce the desired effect with such a short travel distance. They could build a low profile Topre keyboard with these :D

Compared to my Zowie FK1 it feels really well built and the more silent click is unusual but kind of cool. So far great for office and gaming use. I managed to press my mouse button without intending to, which is probably down to the way I used to rest my hand on the Zowie. I feel like I need to use it a lot more to reach some conclusion. The glide feet are on the small side, I guess.
Also didn't even bother to install the software yet, dpi button on the top, usb rate selector on the bottom, logo light off on mine.

The sides are rubberized, which is a bit of a red flag in terms of longevity, usually. Can't tell what plastic the shell is made of.

Is it worth the price and proxy shipping? ....eeeh, difficult sell. I'll probably still recommend a Zowie if someone asked me for a mouse. Then again everything Topre is rather on the expensive side and offers its very own feeling you don't quite get anywhere else.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 15:23:50 »
This looks fuego 🧐

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline blighty

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 17:56:06 »
After 13 months of usage, my Realforce mouse's left click just infinite clicks.  As in you click once, and it just keeps clicking until the things lock up or it's unplugged.  I hope others have better luck with it.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline kizuna

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 21:04:46 »
After 13 months of usage, my Realforce mouse's left click just infinite clicks.  As in you click once, and it just keeps clicking until the things lock up or it's unplugged.  I hope others have better luck with it.

Thank you for the heads up!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 02:31:57 »

f