Author Topic: KBC Poker O-Ring Mod & PBT Keycaps  (Read 119289 times)

Offline ViciousXUSMC

• http://www.ViciousComputers.com
KBC Poker O-Ring Mod & PBT Keycaps
« on: Fri, 06 April 2012, 17:25:58 »
Did a little video to show the after thoughts of doing a o-ring mod on my Poker and also having installed the blank PBT keycaps as compared to the stock ABS ones.

I really like the o-ring mod on the MX Reds.  I tend to like it on all switches I have tried (blue, brown) but red's I think are the best so far.  It really changes the way the keyboard feels and performs when you use large o-rings like this and its for the better in my opinion.

Did a sound sample of course so you can hear how it sounds and its all in the video on YouTube.

YouTube Link - http://youtu.be/PhXwDpRv2DM

[video=youtube;PhXwDpRv2DM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXwDpRv2DM[/video]

Offline jblack801

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 April 2012, 17:48:47 »
Thanks for the video. Keyboard looks slick with the blanks. Just out of curiosity who/where did you order them from? Was it a full 104 set?

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 April 2012, 20:20:50 »
Great video Vicious. Those white keys look so nice. Funny they blow out on the camera in the beginning they're so bright solid white. Forgot to mention, you do a crazy thing with your right thumb on the space bar. It's not a straight downward motion it's like a wriggle haha! I bet your space bars shine like mad.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 April 2012, 20:40:25 by Awful »
I hate everything.

Offline ViciousXUSMC

• http://www.ViciousComputers.com
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 22:30:13 »
Quote from: Awful;569441
Great video Vicious. Those white keys look so nice. Funny they blow out on the camera in the beginning they're so bright solid white. Forgot to mention, you do a crazy thing with your right thumb on the space bar. It's not a straight downward motion it's like a wriggle haha! I bet your space bars shine like mad.

Aww man, now that you said that I cant help but notice it.  For me since the thumb curls inward its just more natural and ergonomic.  I tried to force myself to press straight outward and it messes me up big time.  I also cant use the left thumb.

I had a ton of lighting in there, just bought the day before this video 2 500w halogen's that I had bouncing off the ceiling for light and I had a clamp light on the wall for a fill light, those white keys really reflected a lot of the light.

P.S. Super Metroid Avatar = Awesome

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 23:18:04 »
haha nice touchpad! ;) I also lucked out and got one for $99.

back on topic, I'm left handed and can't use my right thumb.

Offline sordna

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 09:58:40 »
Nice video. I added it inline using video tags, the article looks better now :-)
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline sordna

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 10:14:50 »
This wiki is under modifications, not reviews. Hmm, yeah I did find weird some of your wiki contributions like "yoohoo, ripster was here" or something like that :-)

EDIT: Yup, here it is.

And that IS someone's REVIEW wiki that you edited !!!  

Anyway, have you tried any high quality o-rings like wasdkeyboards.com 40A's ? I remember you tried dental bands a while back and didn't like them.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 April 2012, 10:21:01 by sordna »
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Armegadon

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 14:47:23 »
Quote from: jblack801;569319
Thanks for the video. Keyboard looks slick with the blanks. Just out of curiosity who/where did you order them from? Was it a full 104 set?

I'm wondering this also, did you buy a full 104 set? I don't see any sets with just enough keys, all of them are either 37 sets or full sets,
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 April 2012, 14:50:11 by Armegadon »