Author Topic: [IC] GMK Pacific | Launching July 6th!  (Read 63007 times)

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

Re: [IC] GMK Pacific
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 02:50:02 »
This looks really dope, those novelties are wicked! love it! Same with the deskmats. My only suggestion would be just removing the numpad on the base kit.

It's makes the Base Kit Cheaper. And given how popular 65% and 75% is, a lot just don't need another numpad please consider this.
This is an ask that I've seen quite a bit. The problem with kitting like that is it really screws over everyone else, and even moreso with a set that's not that popular. You end up paying way more for simple compatibility for anything else. Unfortunately, this will be something that we will not be doing. We hope you understand.

I understand, it is what it is. We'll see, i might still get this who knows. GLWIC

Offline MidnightSnek

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 01:15:16 »
Since you are basing this kit off of the pacific theater of WWII, I seriously think you need to do more research on the planes that were used during that time. I feel like a Corsair (not the dreadful company) would be the perfect representation for this set

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 01:38:32 »
Since you are basing this kit off of the pacific theater of WWII, I seriously think you need to do more research on the planes that were used during that time. I feel like a Corsair (not the dreadful company) would be the perfect representation for this set

I'm assuming it's a P-40 Warhawk in the novelties and such, which was also pretty iconic as something easily recognizable as a WWII fighter.
But yeah, the Corsair was probably the most formidable and prolific fighter in the war, although I think the Hellcat had the most enemy kills of any allied naval aircraft.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 04:04:51 »
great set, definitely waiting for it

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 06:09:08 »

I'm assuming it's a P-40 Warhawk in the novelties and such, which was also pretty iconic as something easily recognizable as a WWII fighter.
But yeah, the Corsair was probably the most formidable and prolific fighter in the war, although I think the Hellcat had the most enemy kills of any allied naval aircraft.
The shark teeth are meant to represent the P-40 because the Flying Tigers were technically in the Pacific Theatre. We do plan on changing up one of the novelties to help represent the reverse gullwing of the F4U Corsair. We do thank you guys for your input and your interest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline koolaidpapa

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 20:18:40 »
Literally love everything about this set/kits

Offline mainmorbix

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 02:20:36 »
May I see a render of this one on a black keyboard?

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 08:06:03 »
Literally love everything about this set/kits
Thank you for your support!
May I see a render of this one on a black keyboard?
We'll get in a wider variety of colors into the next round of renders that will incorporate all of the changes that we're making.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 02:04:03 »
just lifting the post up

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 02:26:52 »
London Spitfire go zoom zoom

Offline Pylon

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 07:58:25 »

The shark teeth are meant to represent the P-40 because the Flying Tigers were technically in the Pacific Theatre. We do plan on changing up one of the novelties to help represent the reverse gullwing of the F4U Corsair. We do thank you guys for your input and your interest.

P-40s were strictly land-based though and mostly used in the earlier part of the war (and were best known for their use in China). There's a stronger case for including carrier-based fighters like the F4F Wildcat or F6F Hellcat, which have a recognizable "fat" profile, and were also much more widely used than the F4U Corsair. The carrier-based fighters also actually wore the blue color scheme of the set, while P-40s, being land-based, were mostly painted brown and green.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 11:18:49 »

P-40s were strictly land-based though and mostly used in the earlier part of the war (and were best known for their use in China). There's a stronger case for including carrier-based fighters like the F4F Wildcat or F6F Hellcat, which have a recognizable "fat" profile, and were also much more widely used than the F4U Corsair. The carrier-based fighters also actually wore the blue color scheme of the set, while P-40s, being land-based, were mostly painted brown and green.

Show Image

Definitely appreciate the feedback. You are correct in that the P-40s did not dominate the Pacific theatre and that the role that they did play were over in China. We still included the sharktooth novelties to pay homage to the Flying Tigers since they did represent the Americans in the earlier stages.
We are choosing to incorporate the inverse-gullwings in one of our novelties because even though the Corsair did not serve as a carrier based aircraft until late-1943, it was still quite the iconic aircraft just as the P-51 is seen as a more iconic aircraft than the P-47 even though less were made.
While we are not tying to incorporate exact models of aircraft on the novelties, we are trying to present some iconic designs that were used on those aircraft.
I hope this makes sense and I definitely love that we're getting some more advanced feedback like this.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 18:14:28 »
Makes sense. Definitely in for this, of course. Shark teeth mandatory of course.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:26:11 »
Makes sense. Definitely in for this, of course. Shark teeth mandatory of course.
Hmmmm I think I just might see why...

Offline kibou store

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 04:31:13 »
<3 nice set

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 08:57:26 »
Update: Vendors Announced

Offline fropsie

Re: [IC] GMK Pacific | Vendors Announced
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 12:13:22 »
Love the way this set looks! Novs are great too :)
GLWGB!

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 15:43:02 »
Colors have been updated. Updated renders and other small adjustments are to follow.

Offline mrvco

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 21:15:56 »
Color choice looks great.  I need to sort out whether I can make the novelty kit work on a Zenith.... somehow.

Offline DERBS

• N E 3u bars avail?
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:42:36 »
N E 3u bars avail?

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 19:29:54 »
Color choice looks great.  I need to sort out whether I can make the novelty kit work on a Zenith.... somehow.
If you want to go all stars, you'd have to with two novelty kits to fill up that macro collumn.
N E 3u bars avail?
Unfortunately, at this point in time, there just aren't enough boards that support/require a 3U backspace to throw that in to the spacebars kit.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 21:21:03 »
Yoniwolf and the Treeleaf are friends
I guess i need to support this then huh  :rolleyes: (Jk, it's good)
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 00:31:07 »
The alpha color arrows in base kit are intentional, right? Normally if we have 2 sets of arrow keys, on in mod color and the other in accent color imo.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 13:02:51 »
Yoniwolf and the Treeleaf are friends
I guess i need to support this then huh  :rolleyes: (Jk, it's good)
:thumb: Glad to hear it's treeleaf approved!
The alpha color arrows in base kit are intentional, right? Normally if we have 2 sets of arrow keys, on in mod color and the other in accent color imo.
Look out for the kitting changes in the next update. You'll see some changes pertaining to the arrows.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 06:09:58 »
Nicely done Ill put this on my watch list! Glwic and hoping for the best for you on this project!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 14:14:24 »
Nicely done Ill put this on my watch list! Glwic and hoping for the best for you on this project!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Hey man. You gotta slow down on the comments. It seems like you are trying to up your post count

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 23:34:29 »
Update: Collabs Announced!

Offline Zeelobby

Re: [IC] GMK Pacific | Collabs Announced!
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 06:06:10 »
Welp. Naturally I'm sure I want them all. Realistically I'll take an L on all except maybe one, haha.

Offline gilbert

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 07:39:34 »
Hey man. You gotta slow down on the comments. It seems like you are trying to up your post count
  :thonk:
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 07:57:33 »
  :thonk:
Lol. That exchange is gold.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 08:50:24 »
Welp. Naturally I'm sure I want them all. Realistically I'll take an L on all except maybe one, haha.
Just pray do Jollibee and you'll get more RNG luck, right?

Offline of_sam

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 08:51:15 »
263059-0
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 15:05:10 »
Brilliant. Add a white alphas variant w/ blue lettering and it's top tier

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 18:38:31 »
Brilliant. Add a white alphas variant w/ blue lettering and it's top tier
Unfortunately the colors are finalized but we will have some beautiful new renders coming along to show the set in all of its glory!

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:33:06 »
I love as is. Last thing we need is another set with white alphas.

Offline bigern302

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 20:00:50 »
Pretty pretty please add 3 keys 40 support.  I want this set so bad, but i need the compat.  Just 3 keys.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 20:46:25 »
Pretty pretty please add 3 keys 40 support.  I want this set so bad, but i need the compat.  Just 3 keys.
I've seen this enough on both here and the IC that we'll go ahead and quote the new base with and without those keys before we make that decision. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in the interest form but we'll have to weigh the options with those quotes.

Offline bigern302

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 22:49:03 »
I've seen this enough on both here and the IC that we'll go ahead and quote the new base with and without those keys before we make that decision. There seems to be quite a bit of interest in the interest form but we'll have to weigh the options with those quotes.

TYSVM for the consideration.  Excited for this set doesn't say the half of it.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 06:05:18 »
Love it!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 16:49:11 »
Hi, I have some recommendations for this set:
_ 1 set of arrow keys are better in accent color rather than alpha.
_ Adding 1 R3 1u "\|" key to base kit so you can support both basic ISO et UK ISO.
_ Replacing 2 mod color spacebars in the space kit with accent color.

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 09:43:35 »
Hi, I have some recommendations for this set:
_ 1 set of arrow keys are better in accent color rather than alpha.
_ Adding 1 R3 1u "\|" key to base kit so you can support both basic ISO et UK ISO.
_ Replacing 2 mod color spacebars in the space kit with accent color.
Thank you for your feedback. Please fill out the interest check form if you can. Also, look out for the kit changes coming very soon.

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 03:19:08 »
Love the theme and Stunning deskmats. looking forward to it. Cheers!  :)

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 12:34:48 »
Love the theme and Stunning deskmats. looking forward to it. Cheers!  :)
Thank you and Sour really did his magic with the deskmats. Can't wait to share an update on this soon!

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 14:09:44 »
Update: Added zFrontier as the Chinese vendor
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 April 2021, 22:47:12 by yoniwolf1202 »

Offline wynects

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 05:42:53 »
-

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 20:37:23 »
Update: Added Wrist Rest Collab
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:08:55 by yoniwolf1202 »

Offline yoniwolf1202

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:18:59 »
Update: Added New Renders from Pwade, Changed Kitting (Now Textcon as well), Added Wrist Rest collab pictures and narrowed down deskmats for the most requested ones. Hope you guys like it!

Offline yoniwolf1202

Re: [IC] GMK Pacific | Running in July!
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 13:03:37 »
Update: GMK Pacific will be running in July. We are also making some changes to the novelties after some feedback from GMK. Those will be showcased soon. Thank you everyone for your support!

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 07:40:25 »
Update: GMK Pacific will be running in July. We are also making some changes to the novelties after some feedback from GMK. Those will be showcased soon. Thank you everyone for your support!

Great!!! look forward to it

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 08:19:26 »
Set looks good and would fit my think6.5 pretty well however I already joined GMK 80082 bl00 which has just has darker latin keys.