geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK CYL 1520

<< < (2/5) > >>

mr_foggy:

--- Quote from: NoFace on Sun, 10 March 2024, 06:48:12 ---Fun fact, shop which is the closest to the factory where keycaps are made, is the most expensive (148,98$ for the base kit, based on current exchange rate, excluding shipping)..
I am wondering, why GMK is not able to give shops in Germany better deals to support their local market.

--- End quote ---

because VAT

hard to offer good prices if you have to factor in 19 to 25% of the item value in the final price

_rubik:
I bricked a board today and jumped on GH for the first time in months to get help...

If there is a higher power out there, they work in weird ways. I would have missed this if not for my bunk firmware. So happy to see this running!

NoFace:

--- Quote ---There's other factors at play here, I don't think GMK charges any more or less for any of the vendors, but you have to factor in the cost of labor.
The vendors that run the GB's do a lot behind the scenes, and that requires labor. Someone who's in Germany will therefor charge a bit more than someone in say Singapore, where the labor prices are lower.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---because VAT

hard to offer good prices if you have to factor in 19 to 25% of the item value in the final price
--- End quote ---

All of those are fair points, but from business perspective, it should not happen, that item produced literately next door, is more expensive locally, than the same exported item.
Every seller has to deal with additional costs, but GMK margins are high enough, from my point of view, so they can make sure, that regular price is equal or lower on local market, in comparison to foreign market.

What is the point of publishing pricing, which at the end might be 25% more...

Neely_12:

--- Quote from: NoFace on Wed, 13 March 2024, 12:59:43 ---
--- Quote ---There's other factors at play here, I don't think GMK charges any more or less for any of the vendors, but you have to factor in the cost of labor.
The vendors that run the GB's do a lot behind the scenes, and that requires labor. Someone who's in Germany will therefor charge a bit more than someone in say Singapore, where the labor prices are lower.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---because VAT

--- End quote ---

All of those are fair points, but from business perspective, it should not happen, that item produced literately next door, is more expensive locally, than the same exported item.
Every seller has to deal with additional costs, but GMK margins are high enough, from my point of view, so they can make sure, that regular price is equal or lower on local market, in comparison to foreign market.

What is the point of publishing pricing, which at the end might be 25% more...

--- End quote ---

VAT is legally necessary within Europe for Oblotzky. There is literally nothing they can do about it. If you take off the VAT, and use the current exchange rate, it is actually 80 cents cheaper for the base kit.

Neely_12:

--- Quote from: _rubik on Tue, 12 March 2024, 00:38:58 ---I bricked a board today and jumped on GH for the first time in months to get help...

If there is a higher power out there, they work in weird ways. I would have missed this if not for my bunk firmware. So happy to see this running!

--- End quote ---

So happy the Geekhack gods brought you here in time  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version