Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon  (Read 334380 times)

Offline diqkiq

Re: [IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:08:39 »
Is it possible to get large font legends and centered on the key? I've never seen it for cherry profile but perhaps GMK can do it.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 15:38:49 »
Is it possible to get large font legends and centered on the key? I've never seen it for cherry profile but perhaps GMK can do it.

No, its gonna require new tooling to make the legends centered. That's a big investment for the 100+ different keys out there
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 16:31:06 »

At MOQ of 500 units and with a price tag of 500$ per set probably  :)) But in such case if i could find 500 fools (including me), which are ready to throw 500 bucks at a keyset, then i'll do most probably double shot - double legend latin/cyrillic instead of centered  ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 April 2016, 16:34:57 by T0mb3ry »

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 19:11:13 »
Well I like the legends just as they are then.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 07:01:32 »
I'd be in
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 11:41:04 »
You can hit MOQ w/ a batch order from China. People are already talking about it and SA Carbon is also highly sought-after here.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 12:18:01 »
You can hit MOQ w/ a batch order from China. People are already talking about it and SA Carbon is also highly sought-after here.

Interessting. If i understand it correctly someone makes a single batch order on MD. Basically to save the shipping costs.

By the way the estimated pricing for Base kit (not the extended version) is similar to Triumph Adler at 150 moq. Still waiting for the pricing and moq for extended version. If i got it i'll post my decision here and we'll work out the final version for GMK Carbon.

Offline need

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 13:52:22 »

Interessting. If i understand it correctly someone makes a single batch order on MD. Basically to save the shipping costs.

By the way the estimated pricing for Base kit (not the extended version) is similar to Triumph Adler at 150 moq. Still waiting for the pricing and moq for extended version. If i got it i'll post my decision here and we'll work out the final version for GMK Carbon.
Totally psyched about this, not very fond of SA profile...
I can also imagine carbon being highly sought offer, especially in China.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 14:38:24 »
Please please push for the add ons, who cares if they don't reach MOQ, we just drop those and still have the extended version.  You would have one of the most amazing sets GMK has ever produced :eek:

Offline need

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 15:10:40 »
Please please push for the add ons, who cares if they don't reach MOQ, we just drop those and still have the extended version.  You would have one of the most amazing sets GMK has ever produced :eek:
Great GMK sets have been a rarity somehow...

+1 please please push for the add ons

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:09:06 »
I need this set in my life  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:12:46 »

It has been stated that the set will run on MD? Sorry if this has been clarified, already.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 23:59:17 »

It has been stated that the set will run on MD? Sorry if this has been clarified, already.

Nope. I am currently in negotiations with MD. However after so many GMK drop fails i personaly got doubts they'd like to make a drop for it. If they don't i have to look for another way to make this real.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 02:15:34 »

Nope. I am currently in negotiations with MD. However after so many GMK drop fails i personaly got doubts they'd like to make a drop for it. If they don't i have to look for another way to make this real.

The other ones weren't as sought after as Carbon is...

but no matter how it happens, I'm in :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 07:15:00 »

MD members appear to like PBT and colored sets under $100 better than GMK, maybe it would not be the best venue for Carbon anyway. In the other hand its colors are very attractive, who knows, maybe Carbon brakes MD trends on key caps preferences.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 08:45:54 »
The problem with PBT is that we are limited on the color choices with SP but SP should have the molds, the thing T0mb3ry was working towards is to have this run as a GMK set.  Massdrop's keyboard community is finicky mostly for colorway and price.  This set will give MD participants the colorway so that won't be the issue for Massdrop.  The heavy question is the price that GMK wants for what T0mb3ry wants for keys which is what he is working on with GMK right now.  If Yanbo and Alex P agree with what the price comes back for him, we could very well make this one popular set. 

We just need to run the same post across the pond at RMK to drive up the awareness this one is coming.  It also really makes a difference when the group buy "drop" leader announces the new keyset with a preview announcement on Massdrop. 

Offline hoanglh94

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:10:35 »
Personally, I love this colourway. Moreover, it's gonna be a GMK set. I guess the colours would be CR, N9, U9, V1?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 11:39:53 »
The problem with PBT is that we are limited on the color choices with SP but SP should have the molds, the thing T0mb3ry was working towards is to have this run as a GMK set.  Massdrop's keyboard community is finicky mostly for colorway and price.  This set will give MD participants the colorway so that won't be the issue for Massdrop.  The heavy question is the price that GMK wants for what T0mb3ry wants for keys which is what he is working on with GMK right now.  If Yanbo and Alex P agree with what the price comes back for him, we could very well make this one popular set. 

We just need to run the same post across the pond at RMK to drive up the awareness this one is coming.  It also really makes a difference when the group buy "drop" leader announces the new keyset with a preview announcement on Massdrop.

Personally, I do not like PBT; but, on my space bar only; however, people that have not tried an OG Cherry or a GMK set have a very hard time understanding why an ABS set should costs over $100 USD, when it does not have novelties nor cute colors. I just hope, as you said, that Carbon helps to entice more people to get into GMK goodness, at least if it does not get way too overpriced.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 12:06:18 »

Personally, I do not like PBT; but, on my space bar only; however, people that have not tried an OG Cherry or a GMK set have a very hard time understanding why an ABS set should costs over $100 USD, when it does not have novelties nor cute colors. I just hope, as you said, that Carbon helps to entice more people to get into GMK goodness, at least if it does not get way too overpriced.

I am a huge SA Profile fan. I got some boards with cherry profile and still i prefer SA profile (espeically on topre) over cherry...

Despite that i went fullhouse into karuras SKIDATA+. It was very succesfull. You know why? Because colors and theme (legendary skidata board). As i said previously quality is not enough. You have to make right colorcombination and on top of that it has to be special. SKIDATA+ is both - it is just epic! Still waiting for my SKIDATA+  :(

However as i said if you prefer Carbon colors but not SA Profile, GMK Carbon is the keyset you need :)

Personally, I love this colourway. Moreover, it's gonna be a GMK set. I guess the colours would be CR, N9, U9, V1?

Nope. All 3 Carbon colors are going to be custom colors.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 12:41:16 »

I am a huge SA Profile fan. I got some boards with cherry profile and still i prefer SA profile (espeically on topre) over cherry...

Despite that i went fullhouse into karuras SKIDATA+. It was very succesfull. You know why? Because colors and theme (legendary skidata board). As i said previously quality is not enough. You have to make right colorcombination and on top of that it has to be special. SKIDATA+ is both - it is just epic! Still waiting for my SKIDATA+  :(

However as i said if you prefer Carbon colors but not SA Profile, GMK Carbon is the keyset you need :)

Nope. All 3 Carbon colors are going to be custom colors.

I like Carbon colors a lot, but I do not like SA, so this may be the one for me, unless my wallet cry loud enough for my wife to notice it,  :p

Offline ryptide11

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 13:50:06 »
I'd be in for this.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:05:02 »
Some AWESOME GMK renders from Zambumon! Damn i find em hot!

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:32:00 »
Holy crap, what a beaut  :-*

It looks really good!! Starting not to miss those novelties as much  :p
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #173 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 17:41:08 »
I was in before, but I may need to get more than one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xiaodian317

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 04:07:11 »
In,

With my GMK Monkey kit.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 08:58:31 »
Woahhh sick render.... I want it

Offline zaarx

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 09:30:33 »
I'd rather pick up another Carbon set in SA-profile honestly. All the addons and all orange caps is what makes Carbon my favourite set atm and this has none of that. I do understand why GMK enthusiasts would want a Carbon set though.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 09:34:24 »
I'd rather pick up another Carbon set in SA-profile honestly. All the addons and all orange caps is what makes Carbon my favourite set atm and this has none of that. I do understand why GMK enthusiasts would want a Carbon set though.

Do you mean that the people that like the Cherry profile do not like nice color combinations? I really do not understand.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 11:32:14 »

Why not Cherry profile? The kits of this set has not been done completely yet AFAIK.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 17:13:18 »
New renders from Zambumon!

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 17:36:32 »
Those renders look great, will definitely be following the developments for this set.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 17:41:29 »
Just one question - when????

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:04:39 »

If everybody votes enough then might be soon :)

You can vote here: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/GMK-Carbon

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:51:48 »
I am confused. What are the different sets on massdrop? Also, has this thread been posted on reddit?
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:53:31 by _joe_king »

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:53:14 »

Voted!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 18:57:23 »
I am confused. What are the different sets on massdrop?

Hmmm? What do you mean exactly? I just submited the renders as options. Each option is just to show how its going too look like and it has nothing to do with the kits. If you want to vote, then just vote for any option you like.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 15:22:40 »
Hmmm? What do you mean exactly? I just submitted the renders as options. Each option is just to show how its going too look like and it has nothing to do with the kits. If you want to vote, then just vote for any option you like.

Yeah I thought you were just kidding around with the extra IC GMK Carbon vote buttons.  MD sets that up so that if you as the thread starter wanted people to vote for which option is their favorite, then that is how people would vote. 
Another way to set the vote option is for the community to start a poll on which item they would like to see most on massdrop and then community members can add different items to the poll.

I'm going to add the custom stripe you suggested just to see what happens  :p

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:23:59 »
good color-way and mock-up. dose this set contain customize-color? we need 500 set to reach MOQ, maybe this customize-color is included in new GMK color card then we don't need so high MOQ.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 20:52:58 »
Just one question - when? ???

DONE   8) .

Nice to see this Colour-way applied onto the Cherry Profile.

Remember to keep it conservative because it shall be another "Classic" key-set, released into the input world.....

Offline Jedi

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 21:07:18 »
For everyone interested in this set and willing to vote it up on MassDrop, choose the first pic first then choose the minimal or extended edition then just to get an idea, choose the stripe if you would buy it and to see whether T0mb3ry was on the right track.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 23:15:46 »
Just wondering... does that mean there won't be a round 2 SA set?

Offline rioc

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 01:55:50 »

Offline duylinh_89

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 03:27:49 »
I just accidentally saw this picture on FB and immediately reg an account in this forum to vote for this set. :P
What a wonderful keycap set !

Offline need

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 05:34:00 »
voted !

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 07:38:56 »
voted as well.  :thumb:
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline salasource

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:01:18 »

Why not Cherry profile? The kits of this set has not been done completely yet AFAIK.
Yeah, but he probably means ISO international kit which has never happened with GMK sets and probably never will if they don't change their default MOQ. While SP SA sets has much more realistic MOQ values for these kind of kits.

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:40:48 »

Yeah, but he probably means ISO international kit which has never happened with GMK sets and probably never will if they don't change their default MOQ. While SP SA sets has much more realistic MOQ values for these kind of kits.

I do understand why he suggested SP SA owing to your explanation. I feel empathy for ISO users' opinions. However, that's too bad SP SA can't satisfy my taste.  :(
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 10:46:23 »

This.

MOQ kills every kind of child deals.

I just accidentally saw this picture on FB and immediately reg an account in this forum to vote for this set. :P
What a wonderful keycap set !
Thank you! Welcome to GH!

I get some kind of feeling, somebody is watching us from far east :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2016, 14:48:05 by T0mb3ry »

Offline rioc

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 01:17:27 »

GMK Triumph Adler set came fully extended with ISO, Tsangan, etc. etc.... and it was actually not too expensive either...

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 04:26:48 »

GMK Triumph Adler set came fully extended with ISO, Tsangan, etc. etc.... and it was actually not too expensive either...

What do you mean by "fully extended ISO"?

For reference, this was Triumph Adler's Base kit.