geekhack Marketplace > GMK/UNIQEY

New Trays: Eco Friendly and More Compact!

(1/3) > >>

GMK_Andy:
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to announce that we have finished our new tray design and would like to share it with you!

Here is the full announcement on our website: https://uniqey.net/en/blog/detail/sCategory/8/blogArticle/16

Furthermore, here is the manual for dimensions and design elements of the new banderole: https://uniqey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012762000-Manual-to-create-custom-banderoles

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Andy

Sagan:
This tray update is awesome! When do you start shipping keycaps in the new packaging? Will there also be a protective cover to go over the top tray so keys dont fall out like the current packaging version?

GMK_Andy:

--- Quote from: Sagan on Sat, 28 March 2020, 23:17:17 ---This tray update is awesome! When do you start shipping keycaps in the new packaging? Will there also be a protective cover to go over the top tray so keys dont fall out like the current packaging version?

--- End quote ---

They start with 8008 by DixieMech and will continue from there. People that have already placed orders should be aware what trays they will be using as they would have designed a banderole and will know if it is the old/new trays from that size!

kidpid:
I'm not a fan of these new trays. I'm happy that they're more eco-friendly, but other than that they're strictly worse. The keys do not stay still during shipping. I opened my set of 8008 and a bunch of keys were all over the place. The other issue is that the cardboard topper does not prevent particulates from getting on the keycaps. The top tray of keys had a bunch of dust and grime on it when I opened it up. Overall I don't like the new trays.

GMK_Andy:

--- Quote from: kidpid on Wed, 08 April 2020, 17:24:39 ---I'm not a fan of these new trays. I'm happy that they're more eco-friendly, but other than that they're strictly worse. The keys do not stay still during shipping. I opened my set of 8008 and a bunch of keys were all over the place. The other issue is that the cardboard topper does not prevent particulates from getting on the keycaps. The top tray of keys had a bunch of dust and grime on it when I opened it up. Overall I don't like the new trays.

--- End quote ---

We are already working on solutions to ensure the caps stay put better during shipping. Like the original plastic trays when they first shipped (Triumph Adler on Massdrop for those that remember) there were issues as well that were quick to get a fix, notably the white clips that held the trays together. We definitely stand by our trays in that they are eco friendly, something very important to us, as well as the new size format. We think the size is just a much better format than the older trays. So we are aware of some of the downsides of the new trays and continuing to work on a solution to make sure they are as good as the old trays were, but with the notable improvements as well.

Thanks for your input, it is very much appreciated :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version