geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] KBM Vibrant Nights

(1/5) > >>

adi:
KBM Vibrant Nights

A dual gradient navy set themed after the night sky

IC FORM

To keep up to date with development and news about this set, join my discord server.
Additionally, feel free to follow my Instagram.

This set is the brainchild of a unique idea I had; a dual gradient, one captured within the base keycap color, and another within the sublegend colors. The color scheme and naming is partially derived from the Tokyo Nights IDE theme, but the idea has since grown past an IDE set as we have seen before. I chose to go with simplistic kitting for this set, only a base kit, alpha kit, minimal spacebar kit (this kit will have MOQ integrated with the base kit), 40s kit, and a possible novelty kit.

NOTICE: I am aware that this set is full reverse-dye sub. I have chosen Keybee as my manufacturer because they have assured me that they will be able to produce crisp reverse dye sub without any warping. Before any of you keeb weebs give me your money, I will be receiving a full set of samples of this set in order to ensure that they can live up to this promise. If it is not up to my expectations (I hate misalignment and warping just as much as you!), we will figure it out from there.

Profile: Cherry
Material: Dye sublimated PBT
Manufacturer: Keybee

Kitting

Thoughts behind kitting
More I went simple with this one. I didn't find an accent color that I liked for this set, so I instead opted to try to fit as much compatibility in the base kit as possible. The tiny-ass spacebar kit is just for those weird people who like things like 6u, dual 3u (dual 3u is based ngl) and need a few blanks for their spacebar kit. I anticipate it to be cheap and the MOQ will be integrated with the base kit in order to make sure that it is produced.

Board Renders

Credits, Haus by Hand Engineering, Phoenix by Cable Car Designs, MB44 by melonbread, Dalco 959 by Hand Engineering, OGR by Alchemist Keyboards,

Deskmat- TBA? Possibly?

GB Date/Timeline

Keybee's production has been said to take roughly 3 months after the GB ends. This is because there is sampling that is done before the group buy. Please read the note above about my expectations for these samples.

Vendors

US: TBA
CAD: TBA
CN: TBA
AU: TBA
PH/SEA: TBA
EU: TBA
UK: TBA
JP: TBA

To-do list:

Finalize kitting
Recieve and appove samples
Figure out if y'all want deskmats and novelties
Get all vendors
Collabs?
GB Date
Profit

Collaborations: TBA

Contact

Please ping me in my server instead of DM'ing me if you have questions, feel free to DM me if you have collabs, want to reach out to vendor, etc.

Thank you to:

Ben from Otakeebs for helping me with everything
hali and Nopun for helping with kitting
MVKB for helping with some renders
John for wishing me luck

Change log:

6/29/2022: Posted IC

scantron:
You're a star in my night sky Adi <3, Sign me up for 3!

adi:
reserved

zhol:
alright buddy i don't know what this "ide" crap is but which waifu is this based off of

NovaRMK:
I love it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version