geekhack Marketplace > CM Storm

NovaTouch o rings

(1/2) > >>

colomb:
Anyone know the size and density of the o rings that ship with the NovaTouch. I have two NTs, and one came without any o rings. I've tried several different kinds, but none seem to match the feel of the rings that shipped with the board. Thanks,

need:

--- Quote from: colomb on Fri, 10 June 2016, 07:36:37 ---Anyone know the size and density of the o rings that ship with the NovaTouch. I have two NTs, and one came without any o rings. I've tried several different kinds, but none seem to match the feel of the rings that shipped with the board. Thanks,

--- End quote ---
don't use those orings, they are useless on a NT

colomb:
I wholeheartedly disagree. It really all comes down to a matter of taste, but I find them to have the best feel when paired with my caps. If you dislike yours, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

need:
Apart from adding a little bit of weight to the keycaps, I don't see any effect that o-rings might have.

Let's not resolve to the "It's a matter of taste." conclusion.

colomb:

--- Quote from: need on Fri, 10 June 2016, 10:45:59 ---Apart from adding a little bit of weight to the keycaps, I don't see any effect that o-rings might have.

Let's not resolve to the "It's a matter of taste." conclusion.

--- End quote ---
With the rings, the keys have a different (damped) sound and feel when bottoming out. The goal is to mimic the feel of a stock HHKB type-S and using the o rings that ship with the NT get me closer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version