Author Topic: [IC] GMK Omega  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
[IC] GMK Omega
« on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 03:38:15 »
Good morning/evening(depending on the time you're reading this) everyone! I am Kasterborous, a relatively new member of this community based in Singapore. I am here today to bring you all a Wrestling themed keycap set, GMK Omega. Feel free to throw me as much feedback and criticism as you'd like, as I personally want this set to succeed.

This set was done in collaboration with TheRayginAsian.

Ok, enough talk, here are some pictures.

First, the set itself.

KLE Image

Now for some Lumina Renders (Thanks Tes!)

Now that you've seen what I've done so far, here's the feedback form link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEOODT9kxB0bIsnQ5WSXa1Ri2Rl3wDUXEqrLKzdgVw-jABVQ/viewform

I hope to see your responses and bring you this 7 star worthy keycap set!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
Re: [IC] GMK Omega
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 04:37:19 »
Well this is certainly very interesting. I'm curious, what was your inspiration for this set? Unusual combination of colors.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline rachel

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 05:24:46 »
Well this is certainly very interesting. I'm curious, what was your inspiration for this set? Unusual combination of colors.

I’m curious too! Can you share a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 06:03:48 »

From the set name and IC form, I'm guessing Kenny Omega? But imo, the colors are quite a way off...

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 06:57:02 »

The inspiration for this set is from a wrestler named Kenny Omega. The colors in question were taken from the outfit he wore when he won the IWGP championship recently.

Here is the picture for reference.

From the set name and IC form, I'm guessing Kenny Omega? But imo, the colors are quite a way off...
Yes you are right, the colors I used were based off his Dominion outfit (see above). Befoire this, I wanted to do a Bullet Club themed set as it was easier and far more straightforward, but there are too many White on Black or Black on White sets at the moment so I feel that if I did run GMK BC it would just be "another BoW copy". Personally I had a really hard time matching the colors and getting them to look right, so I'm definitely open to suggestion esp from another wrestling fan such as yourself, to make this set better. Do pm me on geekhack or discord @kasterborous#6969
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:29:05 by Kasterborous »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 11:29:52 »
the idea is there, but the execution needs some work

try moving some of the colors around and see how that works out
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 12:01:55 »
the idea is there, but the execution needs some work

try moving some of the colors around and see how that works out

Will do!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 16:07:26 »
I have to agree with puddsy. I think there's a cool set here hope you keep iterating and find it.

Maybe experiment with darker colors on the mods instead of alphas? I think sets with lighter mods vs alphas don't look good.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 16:39:01 »
RKO outta nowhere :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 23:54:25 »
I have to agree with puddsy. I think there's a cool set here hope you keep iterating and find it.

Maybe experiment with darker colors on the mods instead of alphas? I think sets with lighter mods vs alphas don't look good.

I am currently! I currently have 2 ideas in mind, one is to darken the mods, to match the alphas tone, and the second is to swap around the colours so they better synergize with each other.

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 00:07:50 »
beautiful
G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline equalunique

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 15:43:42 »
Beautiful. I'll join if there is an ergo-plank kit like what GMK Royal Navy R2 or GMK Space Cadet did. Don't be like GMK Carbon R2 expecting people to pay $270 for the minimun necessary to cover a 40% board. :)

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline rachel

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 09:06:07 »

The inspiration for this set is from a wrestler named Kenny Omega. The colors in question were taken from the outfit he wore when he won the IWGP championship recently.

Here is the picture for reference.
Show Image

Yes you are right, the colors I used were based off his Dominion outfit (see above). Befoire this, I wanted to do a Bullet Club themed set as it was easier and far more straightforward, but there are too many White on Black or Black on White sets at the moment so I feel that if I did run GMK BC it would just be "another BoW copy". Personally I had a really hard time matching the colors and getting them to look right, so I'm definitely open to suggestion esp from another wrestling fan such as yourself, to make this set better. Do pm me on geekhack or discord @kasterborous#6969

Interesting...

Offline redjarojam

• Instagram
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 09:23:31 »
Looks more like Invincible from Image comics. I am not against that haha.