Author Topic: IBM Model F F122 Reassembly  (Read 728 times)

Offline diazel

IBM Model F F122 Reassembly
« on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 18:30:31 »
Okay, so I disassembled my F122 to clean it up, rid the backplane of the rust spots, and generally get rid of 30+ years of gross human grime.

I took the backplane off and had to remove a lot of the foam with IPA because it was so old it was either crumbling or melted into the PCB. Got it all cleaned up. Sandblasted it and primed it black. It was looking good! Ordered a new foam piece from Joe @ ModelF and got it in. Got all the buckling springs into the barrels. Tried to put the PCB back on and there's zero chance that I can somehow apply the proper force to the proper spots and also slide it back into the slots.

Does anyone have any suggestions or best practices for reassembling? Seems to be a number of videos on youtube of people taking them apart but I can't seem to find a single one where they put it back together again. There's one where it's put back together off camera (grrrr) and then another video where the youtuber said reassembly would be in the part 2 video and then he never published a part 2.

Thoughts?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Model F F122 Reassembly
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 18:36:06 »
Clamps. Use spring clamps on the sides and a long clamp to pull it in.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"