Author Topic: Rate Their Avatar Picture!  (Read 41499 times)

Offline TexasFlood

Rate Their Avatar Picture!
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 17:35:53 »
Thanks clickclack. I'm partial to the Texas outline water ripple myself.

As for yours, well it a classic original.  It goes to 11 :rockon:

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 17:40:49 »
As for yours, well it's a classic original, and I'll rate it... 11 :rockon:

Yup, that one goes to 11

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #152 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 17:46:15 »

-

Nigel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know.
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel: [pause] These go to eleven.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 July 2011, 17:48:25 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 17:48:46 »

-

Nigel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel: Exactly.
Marty: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty: I don't know.
Nigel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 18:21:21 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;385603
I have no idea but it reminds me of old video games so 8/10 :)

It is from old video games. :smile: Two of them, actually.

Quote from: TexasFlood;385990

Seconded. Move to adjourn?
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 18:48:43 »
Quote from: clickclack;385977
K, I'm gunna go with 9/10 for ya TexasFlood  =)

You get a solid score for having a keyboard in your avatar and for having an animation pounding away at the keys.
I would have given it a 10/10 but I dig when the user name relates in some way to the avatar. Perhaps a keyboard in the sink, tub, puddle (drowning)? Maybe a keyboard sitting on some cracked earth (for the irony I suppose). =P

I also liked the Texas outline one on the water ripple background. That was a solid one as well.

=)

ClickClack, haven't seen you in a while buddy! Where are my candy corn and clear Topre keys? ;)

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 19:24:25 »
Quote from: Bilbin;367477
It's a red pill, I want to eat it so I stay in Wonderland and be shown how far the rabbit hole goes. 8/10

If you get tired of that, take the blue pill & the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Offline Hydroid

• http://justin.tv/hydr0id
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 00:11:22 »
10/10 - although its sad that it's true.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Help me support and grow e-sports below!!!
What Happens in Starcraft -- Vlogs -- Twitter

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 00:19:27 »
Probably the best "cute Korean girl" avatar I've seen at GH.  10/10

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 00:38:21 »
Quote from: hashbaz;390248
Probably the best "cute Korean girl" avatar I've seen at GH.  10/10

She's a cutie all right.
Yours in interesting, although I know little able Marceline so 8/10 might be higher if she meant more to me.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 00:38:51 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;386002
It is from old video games. :smile: Two of them, actually.

Seconded. Move to adjourn?

OMG! I think I know what that's from... Dynamix (Jeff Tunnel) incredible toon machine or whatever (the goofy spinoff from the incredible machine).

The blue orb kind of reminds me of hexen or doom or something...
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 07:57:10 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;390255
She's a cutie all right.
Yours in interesting, although I know little able Marceline so 8/10 might be higher if she meant more to me.

Does she ever open her eyes?  ;-)

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 10:23:13 »
Quote from: litster;390344
Does she ever open her eyes?  ;-)

Yes.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22868[/ATTACH]
and here
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22870[/ATTACH]
or even here
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22871[/ATTACH]
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 11:13:31 »
Damn...move over Taeyeon!

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 16:02:30 »
^^ I still like Taeyeon too, but she is a bit older than me. Minah is around 6 months younger than me...so there's still hope for if I go become a famous pro SC2 player in Korea and plus, who can resist that. *points to avatar* :P
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 July 2011, 16:07:30 by Hydroid »

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 15:57:35 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;390256
OMG! I think I know what that's from... Dynamix (Jeff Tunnel) incredible toon machine or whatever (the goofy spinoff from the incredible machine).

The blue orb kind of reminds me of hexen or doom or something...

You're eerily close. :faint2: I was expecting someone to figure out the blue orb, since that game was fairly big(not Hexen or Doom, though), but no way would someone know the mouse from the Incredible Toon Machine!

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 16:01:25 »
Is the blue orb from Descent?

I didn't play Descent much, but I keep thinking of that for some reason.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 18:29:27 »
You are correct, sir. It's a Descent shield orb that, for some reason or another, has a mischievous cartoon mouse floating around in it.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 21:02:43 »
... and I only played Descent a couple times in 1996. How's that for obscure game memories?

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 21:27:22 »
Quote from: mr_a500;391299
... and I only played Descent a couple times in 1996. How's that for obscure game memories?

Visual objects are a lot more memorable and stimulating :)

I actually heard of descent before, but never analyzed the front cover art (or actually played the game to see that blue orb). OMG I'M MISSING OUT. Time to fire up the 300PL.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 21:55:15 »
I give EverythingIBM 8/10 for the rainbow avatar - because (appropriately) everything in the picture is by IBM and I've always liked rainbows created by prisms. (and at least it gives colour to boring beige computers)

1 point is lost because of the beige wall in the background. If that was a different colour, it would emphasize the beige computer and make it stand out more.

Edit: 1 more point lost because the picture is blurry. It should be sharpened to bring out the logos.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2011, 22:02:38 by mr_a500 »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 22:07:17 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;391319
Visual objects are a lot more memorable and stimulating :)

I actually heard of descent before, but never analyzed the front cover art (or actually played the game to see that blue orb). OMG I'M MISSING OUT. Time to fire up the 300PL.

Descent was amazing in its time.  It was the first fully 3D game I ever played (as opposed to semi-3D hacks like the equally amazing DOOM).

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 23:01:04 »
Well, if anyone's interested in playing the game you can get Descent 1 and 2 for $6 at GoodOldGames. Descent 3 with it's expansion is another $6. To tap into the Descent community(yes, there's still something around), you'll want to hit up Decentbb.net.

I should play it again myself. Can't imagine how bad I'd be at this point.

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 23:41:28 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;391387
Well, if anyone's interested in playing the game you can get Descent 1 and 2 for $6 at GoodOldGames. Descent 3 with it's expansion is another $6. To tap into the Descent community(yes, there's still something around), you'll want to hit up Decentbb.net.

I always love playing a good game of DOOM or STRIFE now and then. But does descent have good music? The visuals certainly are nothing to brag about.

I'm not purchasing anything from goodoldgames. I don't believe in downloadable media. I need a physical copy with manuals and box.
Although I'd use it as a last resort.

Quote from: mr_a500;391339
I give EverythingIBM 8/10 for the rainbow avatar - because (appropriately) everything in the picture is by IBM and I've always liked rainbows created by prisms. (and at least it gives colour to boring beige computers)

1 point is lost because of the beige wall in the background. If that was a different colour, it would emphasize the beige computer and make it stand out more.

Edit: 1 more point lost because the picture is blurry. It should be sharpened to bring out the logos.

The wall *should* be white, but the camera I took it with was sucky (you also can't really see the lavender strip that well). Since I rearranged my room, probably won't be able to take another picture like that; the light came in at exactly the right angle, and I happened to have a MS-DOS CD-ROM which accidentally reflected some colour, so, I took a picture.

I'm going to have to give you a 10/10 because... amiga goats are awesome.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2011, 23:47:49 by EverythingIBM »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 01 August 2011, 23:45:29 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;391406
I always love playing a good game of DOOM or STRIFE now and then. But does descent have good music? The visuals certainly are nothing to brag about.

The visuals were AMAZING in 1995.  Just sayin.  I remember some sweet MIDI music.

woody

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 15:47:01 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;391406
I always love playing a good game of DOOM or STRIFE now and then.
Was STRIFE ever popular? It was one of the finest games built around Doom engine. It even had alternate endings.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 17:17:50 »
Quote from: woody;391790
Was STRIFE ever popular? It was one of the finest games built around Doom engine. It even had alternate endings.

Man I loved those games.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 17:30:55 »
You should really play D2X-XL.

An updated engine to use the old game under modern windows, with updated graphics and shadow/light effects.

It's free and it still works perfectly under  Win7 x64 (obviously you still need the original DOS game, because the maps/sounds/ and so on.)
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 22:05:08 »
Quote from: woody;391790

It was a highly modded doom engine; the only game to modify it as much as it did.
And it was one of the first games to sport alternative endings.

I don't know... not a whole lot is said about STRIFE anymore. It's a great game, cool story, and such. It was a moderate success, but if you weren't looking for more DOOM-styled games with emphasis on storyline, probably would have walked right past it. I only know about it from my cousin (lol, I remember back in the day when he was editing it and making his own levels and such, and changing around the graphics). Good times.
There's a lot of trivia regarding the game. You'll notice the graphics resemble that from "raptor: call of the shadows" cause the guy who made that, started work on strife --> then handed it over to rogue software, and it continued from there. Then when rogue software folded up, they lost the original code for the game.

Quote from: hashbaz;391409
The visuals were AMAZING in 1995.  Just sayin.  I remember some sweet MIDI music.

I'm not the biggest fan of 3D graphics stuff. I found games with hand-drawn art (like that of James D. Sachs) more vibrant.

Quote from: The Solutor;391887
You should really play D2X-XL.

An updated engine to use the old game under modern windows, with updated graphics and shadow/light effects.

It's free and it still works perfectly under  Win7 x64 (obviously you still need the original DOS game, because the maps/sounds/ and so on.)

Gosh! That's almost like an entirely different game. Cool though!

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 22:25:51 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;391989
You'll notice the graphics resemble that from "raptor: call of the shadows" cause the guy who made that.....

I know you where just saying something, but Raptor: Call of the Shadows completely sidetracked my train of thought. Now that was a good game. That's another one GoG has, updated to work on modern machines. I hear you on the physical copy of a game thing, it's something I've stuck to so far as well, but since GoG updates games to work on modern machines and doesn't use any DRM, it's about as good as you can get. Better, in some cases. Old physical copies of Descent 2 require the CD in the drive.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 August 2011, 22:28:04 by Mr. Perfect »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 02 August 2011, 23:45:12 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;391999
I know you where just saying something, but Raptor: Call of the Shadows completely sidetracked my train of thought. Now that was a good game. That's another one GoG has, updated to work on modern machines. I hear you on the physical copy of a game thing, it's something I've stuck to so far as well, but since GoG updates games to work on modern machines and doesn't use any DRM, it's about as good as you can get. Better, in some cases. Old physical copies of Descent 2 require the CD in the drive.

I'm one of the worst people to have a discussion with (well, that is, if you can actually get me to spill my real personality), I cause side-tracking all the time ;)

Yeah... I love the style of graphics... the game was fun. I see strife as a spiritual successor.

I was very happy when I seen GoG appear --> this helps revive the oldies. But for my *own* personal collection, I'm sticking with physical media. Plus I *enjoy* playing these on my old gaming computer. The old tube and hardware has a certain atmosphere to it. I need the dynamic scaling, I hate LCD smudging. I HAAAAATE it. Some of the old games are so pretty... especially in 640x480 with 60Hz, it REALLY brings out the colour and carefully hand drawn graphics (like in Rayman, Heroes of Might and Magic 1, Lands of Lore, Kyrandia, Drilling Billy, Age of Empires 1, Return of the Incredible Machine, etc).

As for the CDs, I'm so used to swapping discs it doesn't even phase me. My 24x sony CD-ROM drive opens very fast (although after 14 years of heavy use, it probably could use some fine tuning and cleaning).

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 03 August 2011, 09:43:53 »
And I though I was off topic with the pics of 방민아...o.O ohwell, rating eachother's avatars was getting old anyway...retro games thread it is.

Offline bluecar5556

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 06 August 2011, 00:21:08 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;391387

Man... I used to have a Microsoft sidewinder, the old school ones and got it off craigslist for 5 bucks.  Then royally pissed off my sister and now it "disappeared."  The sidewinder was only bought to kick it with Descent I and II just like the old school days.  One day i'll blow my nostalgic fantasies all over the wall, one day...

Words of wisdom, don't piss off your family.  It ain't worth it.

Offline bluecar5556

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 06 August 2011, 00:28:10 »
Quote from: Mr. Perfect;391999
"If the game is started when the computer's internal clock matches one of several predetermined dates (for instance, December 25, one of the programmers' birthdays, etc.) additional objects or enemies will appear on each stage which take the form of cows, monkeys, lizards, etc. This also changes the opening title screen and sound effects.

One can also activate these additional enemies by pressing all the buttons that appear at the bottom of the loading screen (to do this using the keyboard, not the mouse, press the 'S' key, then the '1', '2', and '3' keys at the episode selection screen)."

Not much to say other than pointing that out from wikipedia and thought it was worth mentioning other than Raptor gave me enough fond memories to play it again.

Offline Engine

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 21:59:19 »
Ancient Greek water fountain statue...The hands are fish and water comes out of the mouth...Or, it's an ancient ship "lady on the front of the ship.
I would rate this a 8/10 if that's true.

Edit: This was for hydroid's avatar but someone else commented while I was typing.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2011, 22:01:46 by Engine »
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline bluecar5556

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 22:14:56 »
Ctrl-F5 refreshes the cached page in case F5 doesn't do the trick  ;)

Is that a game?, looks interesting.

Offline Engine

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 22:23:23 »
Yeah, "Thinktanks" from "garagegames.com".  I took this pic whilst in game.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2011, 22:32:17 by Engine »
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 10 August 2011, 01:16:08 »
Quote from: Engine;396230
Ancient Greek water fountain statue...The hands are fish and water comes out of the mouth...Or, it's an ancient ship "lady on the front of the ship.
I would rate this a 8/10 if that's true.

Edit: This was for hydroid's avatar but someone else commented while I was typing.

Haha, I didn't know Ancient Greeks looked like k-pop stars...o.O

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 10 August 2011, 18:56:23 »
Korean girls is always a good avatar! Odd pose only makes it better ofc :) 10/10.
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline liist

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 01:35:59 »
5/10. Don't really care for it. Surprised to see a change after a while being gone.
Kinesis Advantage, Filco Majestouch-2 104, Unicomp Spacesaver with blank keys, Several IBM Model M\'s, two Microsoft keyboards (forever retired)

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 05:37:46 »
I'd like to rate ripster's avatar, if I may...

2/10: I don't know where you get your avatar ideas - going from German transsexual in a LensCrafter's commercial to Russian lesbian working for SPECTRE. At least put a keyboard in there somewhere.

Every time I see your avatar, I think of her saying, "If you do you will be SHOT!"

I don't want to rate liist's avatar. His teeth look too sharp. He might bite.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2011, 07:11:45 by mr_a500 »

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 06:22:55 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:42:23 by mr_a500 »

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 07:09:24 »
Quote from: mr_a500;396926
I like Korean girls (I married one), but it's only good to have a Korean girl as an avatar if you are one. I don't want to be talking somebody, thinking they're a cute girl, then find out it's just a guy with a girl avatar. That is very disturbing.

Haha, I look it the other way around. I see it as an almost sure sign of a guy. Girls who have girls in their avatars usually make no mistake to let it be known they are girls. Just sayin haha. But my avatars usually reflect my trending obsession which right now just happens to be k-pop. I've done my time with the video game avatars, computer photo avatars and animated gifs.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 07:21:44 »
The whole concept of an avatar is that it is a representation of your own persona. Having a female represent the persona of a guy is somewhat.... gay. (...not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 10:47:34 »
:focus:

Since you're Ripster I'll give your avatar a 0.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 11:06:21 »
With extreme apprehension, I tried to view ripster's video, but got this:

...and thank GOD for that!

Offline csm725

• I BLEED RED AND GOLD
    • http://csm725.com
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 11:17:29 »
Who DOES like Canadians?

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 11:26:19 »
Quote from: csm725;397036
Who DOES like Canadians?

Ha! Maybe you should ask, "Who likes Americans?" The #1 travel tip for Americans visiting countries around the world is to put a Canadian flag on their luggage, so that people will be friendlier to them.

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 11:41:13 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:40:50 by mr_a500 »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 11 August 2011, 13:13:46 »
Quote from: mr_a500;396926
I like Korean girls (I married one), but it's only good to have a Korean girl as an avatar if you are one. I don't want to be talking somebody, thinking they're a cute girl, then find out it's just a guy with a girl avatar. That is very disturbing.

Quote from: mr_a500;396935
The whole concept of an avatar is that it is a representation of your own persona. Having a female represent the persona of a guy is somewhat.... gay. (...not that there's anything wrong with that...)

When was the last time you saw someone use their own photograph as an avatar on a discussion forum?  Or even a photo of someone that physically resembles them?  Your avatar is a goat inside a computer.  I don't immediately understand how that represents your persona, but I'm sure it has meaning to you.  I don't assume that you like goats, or keep goats, or even that you own an Amiga.  A female avatar says nothing necessarily about the gender or sexual preference of the person behind it.  This is the Internet after all.  I think your crankiness on this issue is misplaced.

I chose my avatar because it expresses several things about me at once.  I'm fascinated by animation, figure drawing, and character design.  I also love the TV show Adventure Time, and in particular this character.  I also just really love looking at this drawing.  When I get sick of it, I'll change it.