geekhack Community > Input Devices

Opinions on the Finalmouse Starlight-12?

<< < (2/2)

Tastenplatte:
189$ for a mouse, is it really that special?

Findecanor:
When I saw it, I thought it looked too ornate and fancy. My first thought was that it would be fitting to put rhinestones into those hexagonal holes.
... but, bwahaha, someone put diamonds in those: price: $100'000.

Personally, I don't like peripherals of metal because of how they tend to be cold to the touch.

Tastenplatte:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Fri, 25 February 2022, 03:24:26 ---When I saw it, I thought it looked too ornate and fancy. My first thought was that it would be fitting to put rhinestones into those hexagonal holes.
... but, bwahaha, someone put diamonds in those: price: $100'000.

Personally, I don't like peripherals of metal because of how they tend to be cold to the touch.

--- End quote ---

First they are cold, but I love the feel after some minutes.

Stupidface:

--- Quote from: bonzi on Fri, 26 November 2021, 02:27:07 ---I'm personally waiting for other companies to copy finalmouse but make it much cheaper. That's why I rock a Hyperx Pulsefire Haste mouse that's kinda like those Finalmouse mice that have the holes in 'em but it was 50 dollars.

--- End quote ---

Did the manufacturer give you a two-year warranty with that?  I ask because some of the boxes I saw online listed a 2-year warranty on the front of the box, but then I saw one that did not, so I paid a visit to the manufacturer's site to see whether they are offering a 2-year warranty or were offering one and decided to stop doing so.

The website talks up how great the Pulsefire is, but the only warranty information I could find is a "Limited Warranty Statement " that gives (or seems to give) a 90-day warranty.  So if I am reading this right, the Hyperx folks did offer a two-year warranty at one time, but currently offer a mere 90-day one.

Is this correct?  I don't know how long ago you bought yours, but your information may be better than mine.

Slywanin:
Nope! Just another mouse from an engineer's perspective!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version