Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766549 times)

Offline Marvellion

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #800 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 19:13:19 »
Will parts produced by the factory get QC before shipping? X60's issues seem quite sad, it would suck if the same thing happened with the Exent since our factory is new too. ( If I'm wrong about this ignore this part)

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #801 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 22:22:42 »
Will parts produced by the factory get QC before shipping? X60's issues seem quite sad, it would suck if the same thing happened with the Exent since our factory is new too. ( If I'm wrong about this ignore this part)

Naw I think that's a reasonable concern. Would be interested in hearing what Juanhenza has to say on the matter.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #802 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 23:57:24 »

Naw I think that's a reasonable concern. Would be interested in hearing what Juanhenza has to say on the matter.

What key set do you have planned for Exent in your pixel signature?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #803 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 01:01:58 »

What key set do you have planned for Exent in your pixel signature?

Maxkey SA Ashen.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #804 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:42:06 »

Shhhhhhhhh.  The gods will hear you.   >:D

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #805 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 16:50:43 »

Oh sh..., It was a bait for the unfaithful, I swear.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #806 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 10:40:28 »

Oh sh..., It was a bait for the unfaithful, I swear.

I bet they weren't listening anyway.  They drink too much.

Looking forward to seeing the ano job regardless.  I'm stoked for some bezel.  GET HYPE.  :eek:

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #807 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 22:21:16 »

YES, QC will be done prior to shipping. Plus we will have quite a bit of extra, in case of anything.
How are you guys doing?
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #808 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 22:36:54 »
How are you guys doing?

Well, you know, using a framed printed picture of the black Exent prototype to cry myself to sleep at night until it arrives.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #809 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 22:43:36 »
How are you guys doing?

Well, you know, using a framed printed picture of the black Exent prototype to cry myself to sleep at night until it arrives.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Except my framed photo is of the silver version.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #810 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:53:24 »

YES, QC will be done prior to shipping. Plus we will have quite a bit of extra, in case of anything.
How are you guys doing?

Are there extras in all the colors? I'm totally think I may have to try and buy more than one lol. The more I look at the renders the more I need this keyboard

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #811 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 03:18:02 »
How are you guys doing?

Thanks juahenza, all good here, how are you? I might actually be happy with the delay since I won't have to solder in this summer heat :D

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #812 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:18:11 »

Would it be possible to add an extra color case to the order in that... case?

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #813 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 06:59:57 »

How are you guys doing?

If you have such an amount of extras is it possible to change the color or buy an extra case?

Offline Gettys

« Reply #814 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 11:24:22 »

How are you guys doing?

If you have such an amount of extras is it possible to change the color or buy an extra case?

I am interested in this as well.  In other news, I had to laminate my printed out picture of my extent because tears kept ruining it.  Hope all is wells with you guys.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #815 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 11:35:19 »

How are you guys doing?

I am interested in this as well.  In other news, I had to laminate my printed out picture of my extent because tears kept ruining it.  Hope all is wells with you guys.

I bought a black case...  Had Terminal waiting for it, then saw that the MOD switches I bought for it are Cyan...  might change my keyset to Pulse or something to match.  What to do, what to do?!?  Good thing I have a little time.  Can't wait!  Thanks to the dudes at TARO.

Offline juahenza

« Reply #816 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 23:04:33 »

Would it be possible to add an extra color case to the order in that... case?
Possible. We can talk about that later.  :thumb:
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline pvd

« Reply #817 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 05:25:09 »
Will any of these extras be put up for sale at the conclusion of the GB?  :thumb:

I think this board is very attractive. Sad I wasn't around to join it in january.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #818 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 09:30:10 »
Will any of these extras be put up for sale at the conclusion of the GB?  :thumb:

I think this board is very attractive. Sad I wasn't around to join it in january.
I'm quite sure you should be able to snag one when extras come.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Offline juahenza

« Reply #819 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 21:34:31 »

Yeah I wouldn't want to keep the extras. They will be up for sale when this GB is concluded.

Offline alexfry

« Reply #820 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 05:30:24 »
Pretty keen to see some more update photos...

Aluminum being milled?
Parts being polished?
Feet in Sandles?

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #821 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 22:05:22 »
Any updates about the bottom?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #822 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 07:40:45 »
Any updates about the bottom?

I'd like to see some update pictures if there are any  :D
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline juahenza

« Reply #823 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:24:05 »
Just some quick updates before I off to bed. The factory has already started working on the polycarbonate bottom, they will send me some progress pic later. We should be expecting some of the anodized parts this week, I will post the photos as soon as I received them.

Thank you  ;D

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #824 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 12:08:51 »
Just some quick updates before I off to bed. The factory has already started working on the polycarbonate bottom, they will send me some progress pic later. We should be expecting some of the anodized parts this week, I will post the photos as soon as I received them.

Thank you  ;D

Given work is just starting on the bottoms, can we still expecting an August delivery?

« Reply #825 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 16:15:59 »

Thank you  ;D

Excited for more pictures. Would rather have delays than any compromises on quality/finish

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #826 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 18:21:48 »

Thank you  ;D

Does that mean that those of us who opted for the anodised bottom as opposed to polycarbonate might get our Exents sooner?
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

« Reply #827 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 19:33:58 »

Thank you  ;D

Does that mean that those of us who opted for the anodised bottom as opposed to polycarbonate might get our Exents sooner?

Or later?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #828 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 22:18:09 »
Is it possible to add a aluminum bottom case to my order?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #829 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 10:44:43 »
Met RAMA in Seattle over the weekend.  He said he saw his first EXENT in the bay area and that it looked dope in person.  Can't wait! 

THE HYPE IS REAL.

Offline eddible

« Reply #830 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:31:49 »
Met RAMA in Seattle over the weekend.  He said he saw his first EXENT in the bay area and that it looked dope in person.  Can't wait! 

THE HYPE IS REAL.
That's exciting!

Offline merutz

• @merutz
« Reply #831 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:33:31 »
Looking forward to this week's photos  :eek:

QFR R-i/DSA Dolch   |   MX Master
     + yellow Esc

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #832 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:36:43 »

THE HYPE IS REAL.
That's excitingg!

Exent in the wild and our glorious leader is keeping it a secret? :O

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #833 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:04:48 »

THE HYPE IS REAL.
That's excitingg!

Exent in the wild and our glorious leader is keeping it a secret? :O (Attachment Link)

It was in a video of the LA meetup posted on reddit. I'm reserving judgement until I see it in person, and in silver.

Offline juahenza

« Reply #834 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 20:03:07 »

Thank you  ;D

Later. There isn't many who ordered the aluminum bottom. So the manufacturer will run it after the polycarbonate bottom.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #835 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 07:34:35 »

Thank you  ;D

Later. There isn't many who ordered the aluminum bottom. So the manufacturer will run it after the polycarbonate bottom.

Ah, I thought all anodised parts would be done together. That makes sense. I can't wait for mine ;D
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #836 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 21:57:53 »

Thank you  ;D

This makes me both very happy and a bit sad at the same time... What's a little wait?  I'm just very happy!  Woohoo!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #837 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 12:18:21 »
Who should I contact in order to have my delivery address changed?

Offline RocketGruntJake

• Brb, gotta grow some flowers
« Reply #838 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 15:35:03 »

Need to do this as well

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #839 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 17:38:29 »

Need to do this as well

I PM'd juahenza to change my shipping address.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #840 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 23:15:50 »

Thank you for confirming that! Yea PM'd him a few days ago, he's probably been busy hence I figured there may be a good chance at reaching out if I bump the thread instead.

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #841 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 11:29:15 »

Need to do this as well

I did the same. Then I was told to send an email to the address listed on the PayPal order and that is where I got mine changed.
  ///    /// 

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #842 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 18:37:30 »
Is there any chance for a Alps plate? There is an EXENT compatible (I believe) Alps %65 PCB available already, it would be awesome if someone could design a compatible plate too. Going between Cherry and Alps easily with just changing the plate/PCBs sounds nice.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #843 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 00:36:03 »
Is there any chance for a Alps plate? There is an EXENT compatible (I believe) Alps %65 PCB available already, it would be awesome if someone could design a compatible plate too. Going between Cherry and Alps easily with just changing the plate/PCBs sounds nice.

I asked about a plate file back in the IC phase but never really got a reply that I remember.  In any case, I planned on reverse engineering it and getting a couple other plates made myself.  Issue with that is I don't want to sell anything without proper permission.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #844 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 04:25:11 »

I asked about a plate file back in the IC phase but never really got a reply that I remember.  In any case, I planned on reverse engineering it and getting a couple other plates made myself.  Issue with that is I don't want to sell anything without proper permission.
I would definitely get one. Juahuenza will answer hopefully.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #845 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 07:48:25 »

What Alps 65% PCB has a centre USB port? A Korean custom one?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #846 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 09:56:34 »

Dang it, I forgot about that, lfk78 had some %65 Alps PCB, but its not a centre port as you've guessed.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #847 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 10:11:12 »

I can send you the plate and PCB layout file. Just PM your email.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #848 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 11:09:18 »

Dang it, I forgot about that, lfk78 had some %65 Alps PCB, but its not a centre port as you've guessed.

You're also forgetting that the LFK follows Varmilo's interpretation of the 65% form factor, with two additional rows that is spaced away from the main alpha cluster. I don't think you really thought your plans through...
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #849 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 13:21:51 »

You're also forgetting that the LFK follows Varmilo's interpretation of the 65% form factor, with two additional rows that is spaced away from the main alpha cluster. I don't think you really thought your plans through...

There's also a standart %65 layout PCB like EXENT's.