geekhack Community > Reviews

Anker Vertical Mouse, a.k.a., the BingeMouse

(1/2) > >>

lcs:
Welcome to my second review: the Anker Vertical Mouse, with even more crappy pictures!

POTATOES!
This is it:

Soon.
As you guys can see, it's a little 'taller' than regular mouses!

That is because it's verical!
Let's begin with it's technical specs:
Resolution: It has two: 1000 and 1600 DPI, which are changeable by pressing a button.
OS capability: I've tried it in Linux, but Amazon swears it works on Mac and Windows too.
Life: 1 million dollars clicks. Therefore, not Cherries in it.

Now, let's compare it with a regular mouse, in this case my Razer DeathAdder:

Holy crap, that mouse is dirty!
As you can see, it's way taller. That has a bad aspect: I keep karate chopping the mouse when I move my hand to use it. It is kinda fun but also annoying.

You may ask, what is the difference? Is it just taller? Nope. You hold it differently:
You hold the reg. mouse with your palm down...while you hold the Anker with your palm to turned to side.
That makes it more ergonomic. It is more comfortable to move your hand that way than moving it sideways with the regular mouse. It took me a while to get used to move the mouse up and down, however, because you actually need to move your arm a bit or hold it with your fingers flexed and unflex them. That made it a bit awkward to use the mouse with 1000DPI, as I needed to move it too much to get a decent displacement of the cursor.

Moving it sideways is amazing, nevertheless. It is much better than twisting my wrist.

TL;DR

The BingeMouse is quite comfortable, but it takes a while to get used to. It can be used to do (regular non professional for fun) gaming just fine (I played Dota and Klondlike). Karate chopping the Anker is a bit annoying, though. I highly recommend it, though. It's more ergonomic than a regular mouse, and way cheaper than a decent trackball (as it costs 12 bucks).

Puddsy:
Good use of gifs

Neat product that I'd actually consider buying if I didn't play so much dota

8/10 review

PointyFox:
I have one.  It hurts my wrist and isn't as accurate as horizontal mouse. 
Instead having the surface under the mouse help you press the buttons on it because you're pushing downward, the vertical design requires you to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if you don't squeeze it with symmetrical enough force, the mouse will move slightly when you're clicking.

lcs:

--- Quote from: TacticalStache on Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:15:42 ---Good use of gifs

Neat product that I'd actually consider buying if I didn't play so much dota

8/10 review

--- End quote ---

As I mentioned, you can use it pretty fine for Dota. It has the same amount of buttons than my DeathAdder.

--- Quote from: PointyFox on Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:26:10 ---I have one.  It hurts my wrist and isn't as accurate as horizontal mouse. 
Instead having the surface under the mouse help you press the buttons on it because you're pushing downward, the vertical design requires you to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if you don't squeeze it with symmetrical enough force, the mouse will move slightly when you're clicking.

--- End quote ---

That is true, you do need to squeeze it. Perhaps in the long run it'll also hurt my hands. And the not symmetrical force is true, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.

Anyway, I still think it's a nice mouse and a decent (and cheap) midway between a reg. mouse and a trackball.

Binge:

--- Quote from: PointyFox on Mon, 25 November 2013, 16:26:10 ---I have one.  It hurts my wrist and isn't as accurate as horizontal mouse. 
Instead having the surface under the mouse help me press the buttons on it because I push downward, the vertical design forces me to squeeze the mouse to press the buttons, since there's no table under the buttons to resist the force.  This constant squeezing made my hand hurt.  Also, if I don't squeeze it with enough symmetrical force, the mouse will move slightly when I clicking.

--- End quote ---

FTFY

Vertical mice are not everyone's cup of tea.  For others the invention is a godsend

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version