Author Topic: [GB] Campine mk. III milled aluminum case kit Group Buy  (Read 20357 times)

Offline regionfree

Re: [GB] Campine mk. III milled aluminum case kit Group Buy
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 23:05:24 »
i've got no hand in knowing whether or not this case is good, but i can say that the 5deg is possibly the worst quality case i've ever seen in person

felt like i could crush it like a can if i wanted to

haha it is polarizing. but it think it wasn't bad for the price and the quality. design, I agree that it's not up there. you should've tried crushing it. see how long it'll take :D cheap to pay for one anyways.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:23:27 »
i've got no hand in knowing whether or not this case is good, but i can say that the 5deg is possibly the worst quality case i've ever seen in person

felt like i could crush it like a can if i wanted to

haha it is polarizing. but it think it wasn't bad for the price and the quality. design, I agree that it's not up there. you should've tried crushing it. see how long it'll take :D cheap to pay for one anyways.

thought about it tbh

i'd rather have one of these than a 5deg

not too much more expensive, anyway
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 09:41:43 »
I feel the need to express my dissatisfaction. Obviously the pre‐order period needs no elaboration, but the product I received I was unhappy with. The powder coating on the plate and top were night and day, the coating on the top is thin all over such that it is very granular (more so than the bottom plate) and this is most visible on the blockers where the coating is so thin as to appear slightly discolored (I got white but the blockers appear faintly bluish‐gray). Your own photos of white coating look much better to my eye. Also there was a nasty chip on the bottom plate straight out of the box. Another small nitpick is that the screws that I assume were intended to fix the stand offs to the backplate were so small that they barely function. All in all this GB was not so inexpensive that I can gloss over the issues, for the price I paid for just a case and feet I could very nearly have bought a Tokyo60 missing nothing but keycaps.

I ended up sticker bombing it, which I felt was a waste since I bought this with the finish in mind when there were very few powder coated options. Here's a little photo.

Show Image

Unfortunately I don’t really have any photos of the finish before sticker bombing it since I had no hope of doing anything about it except sticker bomb it so I did that the day I got it. Anyway, while I am unhappy with it I do still hold some hope for it in light of the replacement bottom and a fresh sticker bombing, (I ****ed that up myself, no faulting you there :)) ) so I haven’t dispensed with it yet.

Repainted kit is just about ready!