Author Topic: [IC] GMK Rouge - *GB THREAD UP*  (Read 74956 times)

Offline biothermal

• Art
Re: [IC] GMK Rouge
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 16:36:33 »
This is a great take on accent keys that I'm blown away by. Very happy to see innovative little twists like this starting to pop up more and more! Keep at it dude!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 16:54:16 »
ISO is unfortunately unlikely to change, this is how I like to kit ISO within 4 keys restriction because of mentioned reasons. Sorry to everyone wanting a different version!

What's the reason for keeping the tertiary | legend? Just wondering. Seems kind of unnecessary and also inconsistent.

One day we shall convince Emir of the wrongness of this particular quirk of his.  :D

Offline noorejji

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:50:38 »
M-muh repressed feminine tendencies.

Why is it not red?
Red is inferior.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:58:44 »
It's like a more feminine Firefly, I like it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 18:00:41 by lakeboredom »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 01:32:13 »
ISO is unfortunately unlikely to change, this is how I like to kit ISO within 4 keys restriction because of mentioned reasons. Sorry to everyone wanting a different version!

What's the reason for keeping the tertiary | legend? Just wondering. Seems kind of unnecessary and also inconsistent.

One day we shall convince Emir of the wrongness of this particular quirk of his.  :D

I'm stubborn and stupid 😘

Thank you for the support everyone! 🙏❤️

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:24:41 »
I think the heart on top of the two would look much more aesthetically pleasing if it would have a filling/if it would basically just have an outline

Offline Bulliba

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:32:59 »
Would you consider including the '*-key, the <>-key, the small left shift and the ISO enter in the base kit? 4 more keys wouldn't bring the price up too much and it would give ISO support :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:56:00 »
Would you consider including the '*-key, the <>-key, the small left shift and the ISO enter in the base kit? 4 more keys wouldn't bring the price up too much and it would give ISO support :)

While I agree that having basic ISO compat in the base kit is generally good, putting it in an add-on kit incentivizes people to buy that kit, which helps it reach MOQ. Numpad-only kits have a tendency to sell poorly and sometimes don't meet MOQ (e.g. GMK Yugo).

Offline Ozero

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 12:31:09 »
These keycaps look absolutely gorgeous!

Is there a chance that you'll have another Kit with the same Keycaps but with the letters and numbers in a purple colour?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 13:52:23 »
Really like the colors. Do you have physical samples to confirm that they look this nice?
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 15:58:38 »
Really like the colors. Do you have physical samples to confirm that they look this nice?

Yes. :D

These keycaps look absolutely gorgeous!

Is there a chance that you'll have another Kit with the same Keycaps but with the letters and numbers in a purple colour?

Sorry to say, but unfortunately no. Maybe GMK taro R2 would be a good suggestion if you're after that look?

As of right now, it does not look bright. :/ Like contexpr mentioned, that is one reason - but also small increases in quote pricing can end up turning off a lot of people at retail. It is not simple and not easy choices to make, but as of right now I believe this kitting is good

Offline lunr

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 16:54:58 »
i'm most likely being salty here because i will be buying this set and spending an extra $30 - $40 USD on an extra kit just for @2 keys is silly but in a way, i sort of understand the other end of the spectrum on the reasoning behind it.

why not a make an novelties set so it includes the heart/2 keys instead of including it in the main kit?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 17:09:42 »
i'm most likely being salty here because i will be buying this set and spending an extra $30 - $40 USD on an extra kit just for @2 keys is silly but in a way, i sort of understand the other end of the spectrum on the reasoning behind it.

why not a make an novelties set so it includes the heart/2 keys instead of including it in the main kit?

The whole set is inspired by, and built around the heart legend.

I understand that my sets are niche and not for everyone, firefly was the same way. In a way, that means forcing my vision on you, and if it was up to me then @2 wouldn't be part of any kit st all as it kills the main idea for the set. The deaccent kit for firefly was the same way, completely against the whole idea of that set. However, I understand people are not always looking for exactly what I want them to look for, so compromise is necessary. At the end of the day, it's up to people to use the Keyset how they want to, and if that means omitting the heart legend then by all means! ❤️

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 08:14:47 »
I think the heart on top of the two would look much more aesthetically pleasing if it would have a filling/if it would basically just have an outline

It'd be an interesting look for sure! But for this specific set, I am keeping it the OG way. :O

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 09:47:56 »
This is so nice, has some phantom vibes, dunno if it's the deep purple or color shift, but I like it.

Offline kalayna

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 09:56:10 »
<3 this set.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 12:10:54 »
Very interesting stuff  :cool:

Offline luxecables

• Luxe Cables - Hand-made luxury cables.
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 12:56:07 »
Ohhhh weeee. I have spent far too much money on keycap sets this year and it's only March.

But yes, I will be buying if these release. <3

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 14:43:43 »
I can't not see the misaligned heart unfortunately :( It's like one of those pictures meant to trigger ocd people. Seems like a polarizing design choice

Offline cryworm

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 15:42:32 »
suuuuuper nice kit! if the '2' key is aligned with the rest of the num row I will definitely be in the GB. My brain will physically not allow me to buy this set if the 2 key stays misaligned.

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 16:22:04 »
Wonder how many more 2<3 key related comments we'll have to see.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 16:25:44 »
Wonder how many more 2<3 key related comments we'll have to see.

❤️2
suuuuuper nice kit! if the '2' key is aligned with the rest of the num row I will definitely be in the GB. My brain will physically not allow me to buy this set if the 2 key stays misaligned.

Sorry, best I can do for you is the normal 2 legend in numpad :/

Offline Full

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 17:19:58 »
Show Image

glad i can see what the keyset will look like next to my make up brush and flowers

also make the heart the same height as the other sublegends on numrow thanks

Hi!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 18:03:26 »
Show Image

glad i can see what the keyset will look like next to my make up brush and flowers

Show Image

you don't like color reference balls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Full

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 18:12:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

you don't like color reference balls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inception!
Hi!

Offline asianfork

• Alice
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 19:53:07 »
I feel like the name is getting to everyone.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 12:02:37 »
Courtesy of Rayndalf over from my discord, we now have some amazing photos of the OG legend:

Full gallery: https://imgur.com/a/fzwEGhH

Offline farmisen

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 19:39:43 »
Hi
Thanks for reminding me of how much a basic b* I am. I'm in.

Ma Boi 😍

<3

❤️2

Also regarding the name: yes I am aware that Rouge means red in French as stated in the OP. It's meant as a reference to Rouge make up palettes as depicted in the images, and yes I am aware they're most often in different shades of red (but not exclusively). I was never good with names, but That's the reference. Hope that clears things up! :)

I confirm, you can definitely have rouge à lèvres that is not red. Here is some rouge à lèvres bleu: https://www.cosmopolitan.fr/,cap-sur-la-tendance-des-levres-bleues,1974132.asp

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 20:01:55 »
love this new take on accent keys!

i was looking at the renders again, have your tried starting the accent colors from the first key (i.e. ESC or ~) rather than the 2nd key from the left? suspect it could look better this way.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 00:20:10 »
Hi
Thanks for reminding me of how much a basic b* I am. I'm in.

Ma Boi 😍

<3

❤️2

Also regarding the name: yes I am aware that Rouge means red in French as stated in the OP. It's meant as a reference to Rouge make up palettes as depicted in the images, and yes I am aware they're most often in different shades of red (but not exclusively). I was never good with names, but That's the reference. Hope that clears things up! :)

I confirm, you can definitely have rouge à lèvres that is not red. Here is some rouge à lèvres bleu: https://www.cosmopolitan.fr/,cap-sur-la-tendance-des-levres-bleues,1974132.asp

Thank you for the reference! 🙏

love this new take on accent keys!

i was looking at the renders again, have your tried starting the accent colors from the first key (i.e. ESC or ~) rather than the 2nd key from the left? suspect it could look better this way.

Yes! Actually it's worse than 1-4 in more ways the one, both in aesthetic and logic 😂

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 10:48:03 »
Yes! Actually it's worse than 1-4 in more ways the one, both in aesthetic and logic 😂

ok il take ya word for it :)

Offline theasian

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 15:26:52 »
I'm in on this one

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 22:46:04 »
The base kit needs a R3 1.75U control to support HHKB. It makes no sense to have the R2 1.5U backspace in the kit without it.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 02:07:27 »
The base kit needs a R3 1.75U control to support HHKB. It makes no sense to have the R2 1.5U backspace in the kit without it.

Sorry, for this set there won't be a control legend there as the base strives to be as minimal as possible. Most   people use the icon regardless if a control is included or not on their hhkb. I understand not everyone is the same, but unfortunately it won't be added.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:50:16 »
Fine man, you do you. :D By the way, I may have spoken too soon about the kitting: I just noticed that the 40s kit has one 1.75u spacebar. I believe there should be two, as one of the very few 40% keyboards that use that size actually needs two 1.75u spacebars.

Rather just remove it. :D All 40s kit feedback is most welcome, I have no really limited information about them. This is basically the firefly 40s kit without accents.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 16:30:19 »
Rather just remove it. :D All 40s kit feedback is most welcome, I have no really limited information about them. This is basically the firefly 40s kit without accents.

I would say removing it is the better course of action since it's so rarely used, but I'm not a 40s kit expert by any means, so I'd suggest getting a second opinion either way :)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:05:49 »

I would say removing it is the better course of action since it's so rarely used, but I'm not a 40s kit expert by any means, so I'd suggest getting a second opinion either way :)

Yes, thank you for pointing it out! If no one objects, it's gone in the next kit revision.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:15:20 »
love it

Offline julianlamme

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 18:10:49 »
I like the number keys for sure.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 01:29:34 »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 03:23:58 »

accents with alpha color is a possibility?

I know it is obvious and it is often seen, but in this case I see it very well imho

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 17:36:16 »

I know it is obvious and it is often seen, but in this case I see it very well imho

Sorry, not looking like I'll be adding it. :(

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 15:59:48 »

ok il take ya word for it :)

Well, it's subjective in the end - but def was off for me and this is the way to go! :P

Offline L8T

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 12:58:31 »
This looks awesome! Is there a chance u will add an accent kit with swapped legend/base colors?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 00:43:26 »
This looks awesome! Is there a chance u will add an accent kit with swapped legend/base colors?

Unlikely right now I'm afraid. :(

For 40s users:
I want to remove 1.75u space and apostrophe, any feedback on that before I do it? Thank you!

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 01:35:42 »

Sorry, not looking like I'll be adding it. :(

:thumb:

Offline yuuS0cut3

• Stay young
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 06:59:31 »
Deskmat plz <3

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 04:27:54 »
Deskmat plz <3

I don't have a good design idea so no plans on it right now. If I come up with something good, then maybe. :)

Offline sourmk

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 04:42:30 »
I don't have a good design idea so no plans on it right now. If I come up with something good, then maybe. :)

Hit me up if you want to collab on some deskmat ideas and designs :thumb:
Some Work: GMK Wasabi | GMK Pono | GMK Dandy | ePBT DuO | GMK Hooty | Petals Sixty

Some Collabs: ePBT Ivory | GMK Deep Navy | GMK Fundamentals | GMK Polybius | GMK Blurple | GMK Deepwell | GMK Fuji | GMK Pacific

Some Boards: Daji Seis Cinco, Ocho Quattro, Seis Cero | MatrixLab 2.0 ADD + CP, 2.0 Xmas + CP, 1.2OG | Keycult 1/60 | Hiney Ladybird | QXP | Noxary 268.2

Discord - https://discord.gg/j3PxfJ4rBC | Instagram - https://instagram.com/sourmk | Web - https://www.sourmk.com/

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 18:40:47 »

Hit me up if you want to collab on some deskmat ideas and designs :thumb:

Thanks for the offer! Probably not as things are looking right now though!