Author Topic: Robosculpt's Artisan Adventures  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Robosculpts

Robosculpt's Artisan Adventures
« on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 08:09:17 »
Ordered the $ynth sculpting form to make artisans. So far, I am in love with this thing. Here's my first little WIP of a memento mori inspired design. Just a quick little skull and some flowers. Still lots to do on it. Only a couple hours in. Thanks for checking it out.  :)

https://imgur.com/fl2In0V

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Robosculpt's Artisan Adventures
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 08:45:18 »
Ordered the $ynth sculpting form to make artisans. So far, I am in love with this thing. Here's my first little WIP of a memento mori inspired design. Just a quick little skull and some flowers. Still lots to do on it. Only a couple hours in. Thanks for checking it out.  :)

Looking good so far! Keep us updated on the progress, just from the looks of your rough draft (I guess I could call it that?) I'd be 100% down to buy a finished product. I love artisans that have a darker theme so this is right up my alley!

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 09:21:37 »

Looking good so far! Keep us updated on the progress, just from the looks of your rough draft (I guess I could call it that?) I'd be 100% down to buy a finished product. I love artisans that have a darker theme so this is right up my alley!

Hey thanks man! Appreciate it! Yeah, this is pretty rough and to tell the truth this one might not make it to a full production as it's my first one. This dude will most likely be to understand the pipeline from sculpt to working keycap. I can already tell you that I want to make bigger size artisans like 1.5u & 2u. But yeah, this thread will be for all my progress shots.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 06:18:29 »
Here's some progress shots

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2019, 22:13:35 by trizkut »

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 20:46:27 »
I'm really liking sculpting at this scale. I'll end up going smaller for the next one. few more things to resolve then I'll mold this dude up.

EDIT Sorry, I use a potato for a camera.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2019, 20:51:03 by Robosculpts »

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 09:45:06 »
Got the holes filled up and ready for molding. I'll try to get around to actually molding it up this weekend.  Don't know why the pic is sideways.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 09:54:18 »
Has there ever been any bronze cast keycaps? I'm thinking about trying to cast this in jewelers wax.