Author Topic: Happy to find a new hobby  (Read 1325 times)

Offline GreyMan

• Always drinking coffee
Happy to find a new hobby
« on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 20:33:11 »
Hi everyone!
The name's Grey. I like coffee and keyboards. Current US medical student so I get a fair amount of use out of both coffee and keyboards. Happy to hop aboard! Sorry I'll see myself out now...
How it started: RedDragon K552
How it's going: SMKeys Custom 60%, DZ60RGB, Brass Plate, NK Creams, GMK Plum

Offline jamster

Re: Happy to find a new hobby
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 21:02:55 »
Welcome to geekhack. As long as you keep the coffee out of your keyboard you'll be happy here :)

What are you using, board-wise?

And what's your preference, coffee-wise?

Hmm... it does occur to me that this forum is missing a coffee thread. Gotten into home roasting thanks to this pandemic.

Offline GreyMan

• Always drinking coffee
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 16:51:44 »
I'm currently typing on a DZ60+brass plate with lavenders all tied up in a grey Tofu with GMK Plums - loving life with this and have a few goodies coming in (SM custom acrylic, Drop x MiTo caps), but wanted to break in some creams for that build! Trying to get my hands on a nice 40% too, just to try the layout.

Coffee-wise? I'm a classic guy, so I brew with a chemex, and lately have been a huge fan of Ethiopian single-origin - depends on the season. Most days recently have been french pressed blends for ease of use!

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 17:38:03 »
Had you joined a year ago, you could have gotten GMK Cafe. But there will probably be another GB.

Offline GreyMan

• Always drinking coffee
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 18:10:33 »
*vehemently stares at RAMA Bean cap on desk*

What. Ever. Do. You. Mean.

I'd be stoked for another run of it, not of fan of the SA Espresso GB right now either, but might get the cap just based on principle.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 18:25:02 »
Yeah, I almost got GMK Cafe, and it ended up looking as good as the renders.

I didn't want to be reminded of coffee all the time, though, so I skipped it. Plus, it was sort of a Brown Honeywell.

Next run might be a good time to get it, GMK should have improved its molds since the last run.

Offline jamster

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 22:07:49 »
I'm currently typing on a DZ60+brass plate with lavenders all tied up in a grey Tofu with GMK Plums - loving life with this and have a few goodies coming in (SM custom acrylic, Drop x MiTo caps), but wanted to break in some creams for that build! Trying to get my hands on a nice 40% too, just to try the layout.

Coffee-wise? I'm a classic guy, so I brew with a chemex, and lately have been a huge fan of Ethiopian single-origin - depends on the season. Most days recently have been french pressed blends for ease of use!

I've just roasted an Enthiopian, but as the owner of a manual grinder, am reminded of why I don't usually drink them. It's like grinding pebbles.