Author Topic: Custom display case (By: u/0rangeNinja)  (Read 7120 times)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
Custom display case (By: u/0rangeNinja)
« on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 12:55:55 »
Wanted a display case that had some pazazz so I messaged a guy that won "first price" in my last giveaway. He was posting some pics of 3D printed keychains and asked if he could make something larger, with more switches to be used as a display case. A few weeks later this beautiful piece showed up <3
This is almost my full collection, only a few select few caps didnt make it.

Wasnt sure where to put it but since its closest to key caps I put it here. Mods please move if a better sub is more suitable

Clean

With switches

HotKeyProjekt

GasMask in the sunlight

KRytone

Honorable mentions

End result

In place

In place 2
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 February 2015, 18:39:16 by GenKaan »
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Custom display case (By: u/0rangeNinja)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 13:35:11 »
Dang, that's one purty case :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline drewba

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 13:52:10 »
Great pictures Genkaan! Did you make the switch plate yourself?

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 15:11:57 »

Thanks a lot man, borrowed the wifu's camera. So many phone camera pics with bad lightning over at Reddit. People should invest in better cameras because it makes the pics so much better :)

Everything is made by 0rangeNinja (a Reddit user) who I got in contact with when I held my first giveaway around Christmas. He posted some pics of the same case as that but with one switch, as a key chain. I asked him if he could modify it and he said yes. Wanted a 4x4 with the same design as a display case since I loved the simplicity in the design.
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 15:15:40 »
I'm a fan of this.  Wouldn't mind having one myself.  Too many artisans are just sitting in the drawer. :(

Offline drewba

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 15:58:21 »

Thanks a lot man, borrowed the wifu's camera. So many phone camera pics with bad lightning over at Reddit. People should invest in better cameras because it makes the pics so much better :)

Everything is made by 0rangeNinja (a Reddit user) who I got in contact with when I held my first giveaway around Christmas. He posted some pics of the same case as that but with one switch, as a key chain. I asked him if he could modify it and he said yes. Wanted a 4x4 with the same design as a display case since I loved the simplicity in the design.
Cool, I'll look him up. I've been putting my artisan keys on a 4x2 switch tester but am out of room. I'd like to make something larger with a variety of switches.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 20:20:05 »
Where is the GB, that frosted finish is so nice
Really need this since I don't have enough board to properly display all the novelties
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 06:12:15 »
Where is the GB, that frosted finish is so nice
Really need this since I don't have enough board to properly display all the novelties

The guy who made it was focusing more on making key chains, or at least that was his intention. Im sure he could make more and they are fairly inexpensive :)
Ill let him know there are some interest here, maybe he show up here and setup shop?

I'm a fan of this.  Wouldn't mind having one myself.  Too many artisans are just sitting in the drawer. :(

You monster! They dont even get to see the sun?! Blasphemy

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 23:13:25 »
Yea, I'd love one of these, guess I'll have to PM him. Looking good Gen!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 04:18:38 »
Yea, I'd love one of these, guess I'll have to PM him. Looking good Gen!

Yeah and it seems like he is interested in making more :)

Offline vmod

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 10:24:46 »
Lovely. I am so jealous right now. They are so dope.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 08:27:44 »
For you who missed it, the user 0rangeninja at Reddit is currently taking orders. Not 1000% there are still spots left, he told me he is going to take 30 of them initially.

Here you can find his thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/2z1w7v/sale_custom_acrylic_display_cases_now_on_sale/

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 16:11:23 »
I ordered one... Sigh...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:40:47 »
For you who missed it, the user 0rangeninja at Reddit is currently taking orders. Not 1000% there are still spots left, he told me he is going to take 30 of them initially.

Here you can find his thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/2z1w7v/sale_custom_acrylic_display_cases_now_on_sale/

Wow thats very tempting!  :thumb:
Thx for sharing again GenKaan as I totally missed out theres an order form for your custom display!  :eek:

Definitely have to order one now, but all those option! Decisions... xD
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 01:44:00 by FoC_Tow »

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 06:54:30 »
I ordered one... Sigh...

Sorry (not sorry)

Wow thats very tempting!  :thumb:
Thx for sharing again GenKaan as I totally missed out theres an order form for your custom display!  :eek:

Definitely have to order one now, but all those option! Decisions... xD

Sehr gut mein fräulein! Yeah he really make it easy to gain interest but hard to make a decision :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 17:31:19 »
Genkaan I saw your post on reddit and ordered one about 10 days ago so thanks again for the heads up. I got one 4x4  frosted acrylic with a black bottom and I have a bunch of new gaterons I think I'm going to mount clear red black and clears with 62 gram springs 8) now I just need to find an artisan to sell me some caps lol  @ #takemymoney
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 05:34:38 »
Genkaan I saw your post on reddit and ordered one about 10 days ago so thanks again for the heads up. I got one 4x4  frosted acrylic with a black bottom and I have a bunch of new gaterons I think I'm going to mount clear red black and clears with 62 gram springs 8) now I just need to find an artisan to sell me some caps lol  @ #takemymoney

Niiiiice :)

Ive got a GiveAway with a GasMask in the balance. Check it out: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2zu9bp/giveaway_gasmask_key_cains1one/

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 06:42:50 »

Niiiiice :)

Ive got a GiveAway with a GasMask in the balance. Check it out: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2zu9bp/giveaway_gasmask_key_cains1one/
I entered only for a key chain give the artisan to someone who needs more than me.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Belfong

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 06:45:35 »
it's nice - but wouldn't the JD40 be more practical? One can put more caps and hey, it functions as a keyboard too :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 07:04:11 »
it's nice - but wouldn't the JD40 be more practical? One can put more caps and hey, it functions as a keyboard too :D
That's why I got a jd40 :P

Offline ROFLmonstar

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:38:52 »
/u/0rangeNinja here from Reddit, just stopping by to say that there's still a week to place your order, and we're at 14 so far. So if you don't know what to do with all the Gateron switches some of you just ordered, I think it came in a pretty good timing.
Production (and hopefully shipping) will start on the beginning of next week.

Reddit post for more details:
http://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/30mufq/sale_last_week_to_order_your_custom_acrylic/
And the form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/119UVKUbbcuYl27y_yXeoDAY6NhMhkmjy9dJQzh4R6lM/viewform?c=0&w=1

Thanks for your interest!
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:40:41 by ROFLmonstar »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 05:21:16 »
Sehr gut mein fräulein! Yeah he really make it easy to gain interest but hard to make a decision :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 05:32:31 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is much cheaper than a JD40. This only cost me $50 something bucks shipped for a 16 switch display case and they look very polished. I too would prefer a JD40 to display my caps but how much does one cost. Adding switches and shipping ?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 March 2015, 05:59:25 by Sed8op8 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 06:29:57 »
Can vouch for this guy as well. Good communication when I screwed up my order form, and sent me a mockup of how my case would look along with my Paypal receipt :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 08:51:44 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is much cheaper than a JD40. This only cost me $50 something bucks shipped for a 16 switch display case and they look very polished. I too would prefer a JD40 to display my caps but how much does one cost. Adding switches and shipping ?

I'm sure an assembled jd40 would cost more but it's also a fully functional keyboard.

But if you just wanted it as a cap display you could just buy a jd40 case maybe? I'm not sure what they are selling for now but probably less than $50 shipped.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 March 2015, 08:53:42 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 09:28:04 »
No doubt there was zero sarcasm I'm mearluer response as I had no clue. Regardless for the price I like these display cases and also like to support new projects and seeing genkaans case I'm sure I'm going to be very happy with mine. As to the jd40 I've been tempted to buy one a couple of times as its so damn cute especially With custom sets (hyperfuse looks great on it) I just am barely getting proficient with 60% boards a 40% seems a bit too small for me. Cute as all hell though!

Offline HiddenPower

• i trusted you and you betrayed me.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 13:10:18 »
i hope that my design keycap can be full fill your display case  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:45:39 »
Update!

So I picked up some Gateron Clear switches and some clear housings. They fit soooo nice, tip for anyone who picked up one :)

Pics:

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 03:06:52 »
Sexy! :cool:
| ISO |

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 06:50:44 »
Managed to get my hands on some Zealio switches and updated the layout!

With artisans in place

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2015, 17:29:12 by GenKaan »

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 10:46:39 »
fack. the GB is sold out. hope there's another one.

Offline clochette

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 02:31:53 »
we need another one of this, pronto

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 07:54:47 »
we need another one of this, pronto

fack. the GB is sold out. hope there's another one.

Your prayers have been answered! Lots of options, customize it how you like it :)

Still time left to enter /u/0rangeNinja's newest sale: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3zv3sn/il_h_custom_acrylic_display_cases_w_paypal/