Poll

Banhammer or boredom?

arakawa will get bored and go play with himself somewhere else
6 (23.1%)
Mav will get bored with warakawa\'s **** and bring down the hammer of ban
6 (23.1%)
arakawa will become a thoughful, productive member of the GH community
4 (15.4%)
veryone will realize how right warakawa\'s postions are and stage a coup d\'état, forcing out iMav.
10 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Banhammer or boredom?  (Read 18003 times)

Offline itlnstln

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:07:41 »
Quote from: xsphat;175622
Wow, this thread got interesting.

Truth is, I like some of the trolls. I think webwit is a smart and stand up guy. Many people have bought stuff from him and he has given a lot of stuff away for free. He has strong and sometimes not popular opinions, and he seems to have bad days, but the guy has balls. That is a trait that used to count for more here in America ...

So no, I'd never ban or ignore him because if you look past what his wording, there is a certain logic which I find appealing.

This.  As much as some people hate him, I think he is one of the best members here.

Offline pfink

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:17:56 »
Quote from: JBert;175548
@pfink: posting personal things like that in a discussion is pretty harsh.
Then again, I guess you found it by searching on Google?

Yeah, Google search for "warakawa australia". I thought it provided some useful insight into the thought process of our new friend.

If it's posted on a public forum it's fair game. It ain't like I ran a background check on the guy, if it's even the same guy.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:21:11 by pfink »

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:35:50 »
Quote from: itlnstln;175807
This.  As much as some people hate him, I think he is one of the best members here.

er, i asked xs about that love message which seemed a bit out of character. turns out xs likes to play a little.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:36:32 »
Quote from: ripster;175816

QFTing can get annoying though.

whats really annoying though is when one member stalks another.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:38:39 »
Quote from: ripster;175825
What happened to the PRIVATE in PM?

what PM? I QFT'ed a PUBLIC message, if you're talking about me. Want the link to it?

I wouldnt QFT a private message. Never have, thats not my style.

(I actually prefer a private conversation to settle disputes, as you and I once had, successfully).

Rippy you seem to assume the worst about me. First this assumption, and before you assumed I called kishy an asshat when i didnt. I only fight against repeated provocation; i dont go around being mean for its own sake. Thats what our "much loved" trolls are for.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:56:42 by wellington1869 »

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:46:39 »
Quote from: wellington1869;175821
Quote from: itlnstln;175807

er, i asked xs about that love message which seemed a bit out of character. turns out xs likes to play a little.

incidentally, in case anyone didnt notice, xs also "friended" warakawa. Yea, he plays.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:52:59 by wellington1869 »

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 10:54:33 »
Quote from: ripster;175831
Hahahaha!  That was a good one.

:) I thought so too

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 11:01:23 »
And yea, I think the ignore list is the greatest invention for social harmony since the constitution, and I think everyone should take advantage of it.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 17:28:45 »
what's the beef, Wellington?

Bwah ha ha.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 19:20:12 »
I tried to friend webwit but it seems he has that feature turned off. And I really do like webwit unless he's just out to be a king D-Bag or attacking me in particular.

Offline elbowglue

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 22:20:55 »
Quote from: webwit;175384
I don't think anyone should be banned. The scary parts are the people that do the banning, only topped by the people who cry for it. Those are the only people who should be banned because they suck. You know, people like elbowglue. Be very afraid of those, with their pitch dark souls. Also he's not a troll but just an angry little boy with no argument, which is just totally unimpressive. Yeah sure democracy is broken as hell, but not as broken as a regime that executes people without trial. He defends these executions without trial, so he's just a blackhearted giant turd. Game over for him, his opinion has defined him. I wish him "justice" without trial.

And this is what I get for taking you off ignore list to read about what happened with the M15.

(insert your own choice of expletive personal attack here)

Whatever dude. Jackass.

EDIT:  I tell you what.  If you think this board is so "Scary" for the people who call for banning and the people who do the banning, GTFO.  What happened to warakara?  He was banned.  Do you think this is unjust?  Do you think this is censorship?  Well great then get THE **** OUT OF THIS FORUM THEN.  Honestly webwit, if everyhing I do and say makes you so angry you need to attack me at any chance you get you need to get a ****ING LIFE.  My god man.

I honestly feel that you are upset about people being banned and people being called for banning not because of some moral belief in freedom of speech, but because you yourself are the target of dislike and ill wishes from so many of us here at geekhack.  If you could be voted off the island survivor style, you would be voted off for sure.  Why do you think so many people have you on ignore?  Is it because there is some great american conspiracy against you? Is it because americans are so closed minded and prejudiced?  Or could it be because you are so offensive and grating to me and I'm sure many others?

I'm sure you're gonna come back with some pithy response about my walls of text or some ****.  Just rest comfortably that I hate you, and I feel strongly that others here do to.  When everyone is dumping **** on you, maybe it's not because everyone else is crazy eh?

And my whole time here at geekhack I have tried to keep it light, keep it on subject, keep it focused on keyboards and whatever we are talking about.  You get angry at me because when I first started here, I see you piling on the **** at wellington, and I felt that you are going a little overboard, and make a comment, and ever since then you are piling the **** on me left and right without provacation!

Honestly, how many members here are afraid to speak out against you in any way as to not incur your wrath?

Listen webwit, I don't care for you and I know you don't care for me.  I promise not to intentionally offend you in the future, if you will promise not to sling **** at me in the future for anything that isn't directed at you.  Sound good?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 April 2010, 22:45:41 by elbowglue »
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 25 April 2010, 23:56:59 »
Listen webwit, I don't care for you and I know you don't care for me.  I promise not to intentionally offend you in the future, if you will promise not to sling **** at me in the future for anything that isn't directed at you.  Sound good?

lol, elbow, i already tried to make that exact same deal with him. He ignored my PM to him and ignored the offered deal.  Besides, he's got 'admirers' here, what incentive does he have to stop? None.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 00:07:38 »
Darn. I love you both so much; how can I decide? Please don't make me decide!

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 00:14:39 »
Quote from: ricercar;176009
Darn. I love you both so much; how can I decide? Please don't make me decide!

its okay ricer, you can just get the popcorn and keep score.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 00:19:22 »
:grouphug:

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 00:59:54 »
What's become of our quaint little den of lunatics? God, it used to be cool around here.

Offline hyperlinked

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 01:38:31 »
Quote from: wellington1869;176005
lol, elbow, i already tried to make that exact same deal with him. He ignored my PM to him and ignored the offered deal.  Besides, he's got 'admirers' here, what incentive does he have to stop? None.

He's been a pretty decent guy lately. I took him off my ignore list a few weeks ago and don't regret it.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline zXWF

• http://www.gnu.org
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 05:15:09 »
I'm new here so I problably have nothing to say since I don't know the situation, but what I've read from webwit he seems kinda grumpy. That said, if you are "plugged in" online and you don't expect some bashing you are at the wrong place. It's just online, not real life.
:: Lemote YeeLoong / FuLoong :: Loongson :: gNewSense ::
Free Software Foundation Europe
Free Software Foundation
GNU Operating System

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 10:02:42 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;176031
He's been a pretty decent guy lately. I took him off my ignore list a few weeks ago and don't regret it.

we took him off our ignore list and regret it badly.  i'd wager its only a matter of time before you regret it again :)  Whats interesting is that you had to put him on the ignore list to begin with.  So I'm hardly the only one.

Quote from: zXWF;176039
but what I've read from webwit he seems kinda grumpy.

try "sociopathic stalker" and you'll be in the ballpark.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 10:37:03 by wellington1869 »

Offline kriminal

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 10:55:31 »
well welly as far as im concerned from what ive red, i saw some post from you claiming that you've had a change of heart, and that keyboard buying was an addictive issue (well duh) that should be rid of. but now your all-over the forums buying up rubberdomes. webwit isnt a troll but he can be cocky at times, you are old enough that you should'nt be affected by stuff like this.

plus you have him on your ignore list and you still reply to his comments? O.o
if anything id say webwit is like spawn and the devil - a necessary evil  :-)
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline itlnstln

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 11:49:03 »
I have never joined Facebook.  I don't really get into social networking.  That, and I don't really get on the computer at home, anyway, so I would never devote any time to checking it, or whatever.  I have the app on my phone, however, as my GF wants me to get an account.  It's still not going to happen.  That said, failbook.com is pretty funny.

Offline didjamatic

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 11:55:13 »
"You should all argue naked."  - $300/hr therapist.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline Rajagra

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:14:25 »
"A Monster of Creation's Dawn Breaks Loose in Our World Today!"

Offline erricrice

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:33:16 »
Quote from: Rajagra;176150
"A Monster of Creation's Dawn Breaks Loose in Our World Today!"

Love it.

That is all.
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Mañana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:41:23 »
all i can say is look in this thread to see who started it. yea, we're going to finish it.

if you're worried about innocent bystanders, probably you should pm the guy who's been on more ignorelists than anyone else at geekhack, and for good reason.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:45:57 by wellington1869 »

Offline erricrice

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:53:32 »
Quote from: webwit;176179
Show Image

F-ing lol dude.

Love that move/book.

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:55:54 »
Quote from: kriminal;176100
you are old enough that you should'nt be affected by stuff like this.

kriminal, i'm old enough to stand up to a bully and say thats enough.  I was an 'innocent bystander' myself.  In every single case where we've clashed, it was webwit who came at me first, not vice versa.  I"m not going to apologize for standing up and responding to repeated provocation.  The hijacking of my classifieds ad was just one extreme example in the normal pattern. Now he wants to start up again.

Everyone thinks its great until they become his target. Then they find GH'ers who dont want to get involved and become a stalking victim, or who just bring out the popcorn and watch the 'fun'.  Its great fun until he targets you, and then your choice is basically to leave the forum or shut up. Thats my definition of a bully, and in the face of it I'm neither going to leave nor shut up.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 13:59:40 by wellington1869 »

Offline elbowglue

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:12:24 »
Quote from: webwit;176107
I love ignore list people. They keep repeating that they did it like it is some kind of punishment. And then it takes only a single random insult to troll them right out of it - they were not ignoring in the first place. Yes you, elbowglue. That was way too easy and obvious.

Whatever jackass. "you win".  ****ing moron.  If you are trying to fish me out of the ignore list so I can yell at you since you trolled me, go and play with yourself and enjoy it.  You are a piece of **** and now I feel happy to respond to all of your bull**** posts since you try to attack me for no apparent reason.
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:14:21 »
I'm a bystander too, I just happen to be one thats fighting back.  Elbowglue was a bystander until post #33.  

We were both bystanders. All elbowglue asked for was to be left the f*ck alone by webwit, which is all i'm asking for.

SO many people in this thread keep saying the onus is on the bystanders to ignore the troll. How about the responsibility of the troll to not be a troll? Or is he so childish that we cant even expect him to have that much self discipline?  ANd how do you 'ignore' him when he, say, hijacks your classifieds? Even when that happened I had people telling me that I should be the one to let it go? Why!?!?!!?! ANd How? The fact is when that thread was hijacked, and I had an investment and a responsiblity to respond. Its not possible to always blame the bystander-victim. At some point the troll has to be held responsible.

Offline elbowglue

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:25:13 »
Quote from: webwit;176201
Elbowglue's post seems strangely out of character with earlier posts were he attacked a stranger he never spoke to. The victim roles work much better with less aggression and more fake tears.

Ya know what, I shouldn't have made a comment because if I DID I would have incured your wrath so you would **** on me forevermore on this forum.

But honestly, you were being a huge douchebag.  I call it as I see it.  I didn't know wellington or webwit from a ****ing hole in the wall at that point.

Next time I'll be sure to side with the less mature person, in fear of being perpetually harrased forever because you have NOTHING ****ING BETTER TO DO.

Offline elbowglue

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:42:49 »
How about instead of you trying to call me out to get angry at you I just call you a ****ing retard every chance I get without provacation to save you the trouble?  Then you can be amused without needing to post anything?  It will save you some time.

****ing retard.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:43:53 »

Offline erricrice

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:47:10 »

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline kriminal

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:48:31 »
um welli? the difference between you and me is that i really dont give a damned if somebody "calls me out" or trolls me.

you just need to cool down... thats all cool down...
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Rajagra

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:58:22 »
Quote from: webwit;176170
needs more duck.
"Report any sightings of the enemy, men."
"Duck!"
"Why? Whaa... AAAARRGGHH!!!"

Offline erricrice

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 14:58:34 »
Try any more or we fire arrows at the tops of your heads and make castanets out of your testicles!

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline erricrice

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 15:00:51 »
At this point we should really just change the title of the thread to "Relevant Movie Quotes"

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline itlnstln

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 15:04:31 »
That's awesome, ripster.

Offline JBert

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 15:33:04 »
This thread looks like a nice bonfire, somewhat like the "receive a free Topre" thread.

Some might find solace with applied Buddhism though. Try it, no ignore list needed.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline elbowglue

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 16:10:06 »
How the **** does this thread need more calmness?  Webwit you started this by slinging **** at me for no apparent reason.  

One thing geekhackers need to be sure to do, never offend Webwit because he will continue to **** on you for the rest of your life.

Sure we can all let this go and try to be cool in the future but you know what?  Webwit's going to start it up again.  Because he has nothing better to do with his life than to try to get some amusement by making other people angry.  I thought this was fun to do... when I was 11 years old.

Grow the **** up.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 17:34:17 »
Man, I love this thread! I get home from work and fire it up just to read about all you *****es belly-aching like a bunch of ladies.

Here's a tip everyone can take — **** off! Just forget all this ****, lock this tread and put all us "trolls" on a deserted island to fight it out Lord of the Flies style. That seems fitting since we're all been called babies by some sucker-punching little ***** or another in the past few days.

But I ain't mad at ya, no. This is too interesting and fun.

Offline kriminal

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 18:25:37 »
*runs of to get popcorn*
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 19:29:35 »
Quote from: kriminal;176211
um welli? the difference between you and me is that i really dont give a damned if somebody "calls me out" or trolls me.

you just need to cool down... thats all cool down...

bro, honestly, lets see if you still feel that same way after you've been stalked for a year and just about every single thread you open is hijacked and you finally put him on an ignore list only to find he's used that opportunity to personally attack you behind your back the whole time -- it just doesnt end.  Being cool is great, but I'd like to see how long you could do it if you were in some of our shoes. These frustrations didnt happen overnight.

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 19:46:44 »
Quote from: elbowglue;176245
How the **** does this thread need more calmness?  Webwit you started this by slinging **** at me for no apparent reason.  

I'm pretty sure webwit owes elbowglue a public apology.  

Sure we can all let this go and try to be cool in the future but you know what?  Webwit's going to start it up again.  Because he has nothing better to do with his life than to try to get some amusement by making other people angry.  

I wonder if we counted up webwit's trolling posts against his normal posts, what the balance would be. I'm guessing 80-20. Yea, he lives for this cuz he apparently gets off on it.

warakawa calls mental hobbit a racist **** and all of us called him on it. So, some of the folks here think maybe she should have 'sucked it up' and maybe we should have just been 'cool about it'?  No thanks.

I called warakawa out and i'll call webwit out.  Same reasons for both.  So warakawa used strong language; maybe if he hadnt been banned he would have lightened up? With webwit we already have a looooong track record of hijackings, ad hominems, picking fights, picking on people, disrupting every possible thread, and occasionally saying "datahand!!!".  He can say datahand all he wants but the other 80% is going to be called out and should be.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 19:52:41 »
webwit, if I was a chick and you were a man, I'd so do you!

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:01:18 »
lol

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:05:12 »
I want to change my vote to boredom.

Offline Rajagra

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:17:49 »
Quote from: ricercar;176350
I want to change my vote to boredom.

Sorry - the train has already passed that station. :smile:

Guys, this has gone on long enough and is getting too personal/rude. I think a lot of us would just like it to stop.

Webwit can be too outspoken for no good reason. We get it. Really we do. But if he insults you for no good reason, then the rest of us don't take him seriously. So if you're worried he's making you look bad, stop worrying. We can tell when webwit is going OTT.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 20:21:01 »
Quote from: Rajagra;176364
We can tell when webwit is going OTT.

When he posts?

Offline wellington1869

Banhammer or boredom?
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 26 April 2010, 21:00:37 »
Quote from: Rajagra;176364
Sorry - the train has already passed that station. :smile:

Guys, this has gone on long enough and is getting too personal/rude. I think a lot of us would just like it to stop.

Webwit can be too outspoken for no good reason. We get it. Really we do. But if he insults you for no good reason, then the rest of us don't take him seriously. So if you're worried he's making you look bad, stop worrying. We can tell when webwit is going OTT.

To be clear, this isnt about the occasional good-natured insult or occasionally drifting off-topic; those are normal things on a wide ranging forum; The problem with webwit is when he targets you, they are endless, are intended to produce a derail, and he wont quit till the derail happens. They're nasty and personal and relentless because his goal is to produce a reaction at any cost and produce the derail. He'll stalk you from thread to thread and makes it imposible to just be left alone. (and apparently he has that kind of time on his hands). Thats the problem. Thats what makes him a bonafide troll on the site. If you havent experienced that yet, you will. Its just a matter of time.

The last time we clashed I assumed we had an agreement: we stay out of each others faces and everyone coexists. I kept up my end of the bargain diligently. Yea, he was the one who broke it, big surprise there.  It lasted all of 2 weeks, if that.

and yea, he owes elbowglue an apology.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 April 2010, 21:32:43 by wellington1869 »