Author Topic: [IC] Sindarin (elven) set - Group Buy Coming on 14-Dec-2012  (Read 87981 times)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
Re: [IC] Sindarin (elven) set
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 19:55:12 »
90% complete version using the "English Mode of Beleriand Consonants and Vowels,  (Version 2 - as used in the Hugh Brogan, Book of Mazarbul, and First and Third Copy of the King's Letter inscriptions)"

[edit]

I made this post in a rush last night, and now I see it deserves some explanation.

The keymap I've prepared, with any compatible Hangwar (Elvish) font and a keyboard with or without Elvish legends does the following:

1) All letters (except the missing Q and X) are in their normal places on a QWERTY keyboard.

2) Pressing any key will give you the phonetic equivalent of the character.  For example, pressing G will give you "ungwe", which makes the "G as in Guy" sound.

3) Pressing any number key will give you the decimal equivalent in Hangwar, although you should be aware that Elvish numbering goes right-to-left, e.g. 1984 = 4891.  (Big-endian?)

4) Pressing Mod1 and a vowel gives the long form of the vowel.

5) Pressing Mod1 and a consonant gives a common modification of the consonant, e.g. "t" becomes "th".

6) Where available, pressing Mod2 and a key gives a less-common variant.  The vowels need these for sure.

7) I've reserved the Shift for creation of upper-case letters, which are not typically used but are available.

8 ) Using this "mode" of Hangwar and a full keyboard space means that all of the modifications can be made WITHOUT using AltGr combinations.

I see a couple of errors that I will fix.  Also I will figure out and include the phonemes for Q and X.

TL;DR Typing on a keyboard with this map will automatically produce phonetically correct Elvish script.

[/edit]

Enjoy.

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 November 2012, 09:31:33 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 16:19:54 »
I am done with this now.  Capital letters are not normally used, and look mostly like bigger versions of the lower-case letters, so I dropped them. They are in a separate font file anyhow, so the traditional way to use them is to create a document in lower (normal) case, then add Upper case letters to the first letter of a page/paragraph, or for Proper nouns.

With that out of the way, the attached layout would be implemented by a TrueType font plus something like AutoHotKey.  The result is that typing phonetically results in correct English to Sindarin as defined by Tolkein in Appendix E of the "Lord of the Rings".

All the normal and abnormal characters are on the keyboard, so using modifiers is not needed.  However, for the purist I have included all 14 modifiers, each of which places itself over the prior letter so no AltGr gymnastics are required.  Also, I have included the entire base -12 number set on the top row.

To use:

Consonants and vowels are typed normally.  Shift makes vowels long and control adds a y to the end of the vowel.  Shift adds an h to consonants, with the exception of shift-n which makes an "ñ".  Control-n makes the "ng" character.  Typing a letter and then a modifier (above the numbers) places the modifier under,  over, or next to the letter automatically.

100% of this can be done on the 1x1 keycaps, but just to show how it looked I transliterated the mod keys into Tengwar.

If someone actually wants to do something with all of this, let me know and I'll provide you with source material.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 November 2012, 16:25:13 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 16:55:08 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:53:26 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 17:40:23 »
Good job, Ron! And now I fear even more, that after all of your work in mocking it up, this won't come to be...

Thanks very much!

No surprise about the future.  If only a dozen people wanted Media controls, how few will want an Elvish keyboard?  It was rewarding enough to figure it out, and frankly I think my solution is better than the traditional ones, but perhaps only traditionalists will want an Elvish keyboard anyhow.

I suspect the overlap between keyboard hobbyists (perhaps technology-geeks in general) and LOTR fans is very large.  For them the web-based generators are fine.  But a font set and keymap script that enables a normal keyboard to create Elvish might be interesting as well.

But who knows?  Perhaps a Tengwar keyboard would be more Otaku than an Otaku keyboard.

Maybe I'll have WASD make one.  Matt3o certainly gets props for an interesting idea!

Cheers!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:18:40 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:50:43 by esoomenona »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:51:11 »
I'm still up for a number row or a function row.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:00:29 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:43:40 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:39:36 »
Who can find out how much the actual cost to dyesub the whole set would be? Regardless of what it is, just a quote.

Well, I've been looking at some numbers...

WASD (laser on ABS) would be $60 USD for a 104-key set.  No MOQ.

QWERKeys (in-fill on thick ABS) would be £75.00 GBP for a 51-key set.  No MOQ.

QWERKeys (in-fill on thick ABS) would probably be £25.00 GBP for a 14-key set.  No MOQ.

SP (Double-shot ABS) would be $45 per legend + $144 USD per 100 keys.  Impractical at low volumes.

SP (Pad printed) would be less, but nobody likes them.

I've asked Melissa at SP for the dye sub costs.

- Ron

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:09:05 »
I can tell you the keyboard script means nothing to me personally, though it is very interesting, and a very nice plus for those it does interest. For me, it would be just that, an Otaku capset. I don't know enough (read: anything) about Elvish, only that it looks nice and IMO would fit well on a keyboard. That is why I would pay for a set, as I'm sure others in this very thread feel as well.

Okay then.

This version is how the keyboard could look in Green on White.  All of the 1x1 keys are correct.  The mods are almost entirely transliterations of the English into Tengwar.  (So the escape key reads "Ess K Ay P".)  The function keys are correct in base-12 in the Elvish numbering style.

So a set of 1x1 keys would provide both the look as well as the function.  The mods are cosmetic, and could easily be blank or just Icons.

FWIW.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:35:20 »
This set would be wicked on one of 7bit's ridiculously small toy keyboards.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:24:13 »
This set would be wicked on one of 7bit's ridiculously small toy keyboards.

Wow, yes!

I didn't read all 8 pages of the thread.  Do those exist in the real world?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:46:54 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:35:40 by esoomenona »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 10:20:09 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:24:07 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:03:45 »
Who can find out how much the actual cost to dyesub the whole set would be? Regardless of what it is, just a quote.

Ok, I have quotes back from Melissa (SP) for 2-shot. dye-sub, and pad print.  Skipping quickly to the dye-sub option, set-up is a one-time cost of $50.

Including the set-up cost, full 59-key set prices are:
10 sets @ $69/set
15 sets @ $58/set
25 sets @ $49/set
50 sets @ $42/set

Without the function key row, 46-key set prices go down a bit:
10 sets @ $66/set
15 sets @ $54/set
25 sets @ $45/set
50 sets @ $39/set

Just the 13-key number row is even less:
10 sets @ $29/set
15 sets @ $22/set
25 sets @ $18/set
50 sets @ $14/set

The attachment shows the entire set.  The top row is Escape + function keys.  The second row is numbers and modifiers.  The bottom three rows are alphas and punctuation.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:10:05 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:35:54 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:11:26 »
I may be confused, but what constitutes 59-keys?

13 Escape through F12    (Function key row)
13 Tilde through +=    (Number key row)
12 Q through }]       
11 A through "'
10 Z through ?/

59 Total keys.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:12:54 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:36:05 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:22:16 »
That's what I was thinking. And what of a modifier set? I would assume it would essentially double the price.

I didn't quote those, but they charge $70/set for a set of mods in their normal fonts, so I imagine double is a good estimate.

Blanks in a contrasting color from their inventory or WASD might be easiest.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:54:31 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:36:32 by esoomenona »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:00:39 »
the idea was to build a complete elfish keyboard with modifiers and all, it would make little sense to have a Sindarin alpha with standard modifiers. Thoughts?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:13:34 »
Getting prices for 87-key set now.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:13:40 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:36:46 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 18:24:51 »
25 sets   $107.65 per set
50 sets   $94.15 per set
75 sets   $89.65 per set
100 sets   $87.40 per set

Plus a one-time set-up cost that I think will be $50.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 18:28:39 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:37:18 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:18:17 »
Ron, is that with the whole set being the same? What about if the modifiers were a different color? (Sorry if I'm being nitpicky here...)

If the price isn't any different for that, I think if we could shoot for 50 sets, it would be reasonable. If we hit 75 :| even better!

I think it is with all keys the same color combo.  I expect an answer in the morning.

Regardless, attached is an 87-key layout in proper Tengwar.  As before, the mods are transliterated, not translated.  If someone wants to translate the mod legends, I'll update the SVG file.

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:23:26 by samwisekoi »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:22:46 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:37:29 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:28:39 »
Do those arrows have any relation to the language? Or are they some of your choosing?

The arrow keys are the "white feathered arrows" from the Elvish font.  The other arrows (tab, caps lock, etc.) used the appropriate arrows from the font as well.

All of the arrows are easy to swap out with other vector-based arrows.  Everything in a TrueType font is vector-based.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:10:54 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:37:46 by esoomenona »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 03:05:38 »
Great work Ron. I believe we just need better modifiers. Maybe some icons and translated mods (as we discussed at the beginning of the thread). Let me work on it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 05:00:49 »
After a pretty extensive research this is what I've come up with. Terms ending with "-" are verbs followed by a suggested verbal form. I'm using participle which seems pretty elegant, but we could use other verbal forms. For some keys I had to be "creative" :)

Code: [Select]
Escape: nuitha-, nuithol [prevent from coming to completion] | awartha-, awarthol [abandon] | drega-/dreg-, dregol/dregel [flee]
Control: tortha-, torthol
Super/winkey: orchal
Alt: seidia-, seidiol [set aside]
Shift: ortha-, orthol
Tab: laba-, labol (part.) or labad (ger.) [hop]
Enter: minna-, minnol (not exactly the meaning we are looking for... but still it means litterarly "enter")
Home: bâr
End: meth
Ins: nestag-, nestagel
Del: dag-, dagel [slay]
Pg up: ambenn [up]
Pag dn: dadbenn [down]
Pause: dar-, darel
Page break: breitha-, breithol
Backspace: drava-, dravol [hew] | trevad-, trevadel [traverse]
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 05:02:52 by Matt3o »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 07:36:25 »
After a pretty extensive research this is what I've come up with. Terms ending with "-" are verbs followed by a suggested verbal form. I'm using participle which seems pretty elegant, but we could use other verbal forms. For some keys I had to be "creative" :)

Code: [Select]
Escape: nuitha-, nuithol [prevent from coming to completion] | awartha-, awarthol [abandon] | drega-/dreg-, dregol/dregel [flee]
Control: tortha-, torthol
Super/winkey: orchal
Alt: seidia-, seidiol [set aside]
Shift: ortha-, orthol
Tab: laba-, labol (part.) or labad (ger.) [hop]
Enter: minna-, minnol (not exactly the meaning we are looking for... but still it means litterarly "enter")
Home: bâr
End: meth
Ins: nestag-, nestagel
Del: dag-, dagel [slay]
Pg up: ambenn [up]
Pag dn: dadbenn [down]
Pause: dar-, darel
Page break: breitha-, breithol
Backspace: drava-, dravol [hew] | trevad-, trevadel [traverse]

Awesome!  I'll put these and some new -- more Elvish -- arrows in place.  Perhaps from this font: http://ttfonts.net/font/2968_ArrowMatic.htm

Instead of "Enter", what about "New Line", which is "cîw tî"?
http://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/online/sindar/dict-en-sd.html

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:02:10 by samwisekoi »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:15:41 »
"new line" would be good for "return", but the "enter" key is actually now used as a confirmation not just to go to a new line (like in old typewriters). thoughts?

Also I'd like to make some custom graphics for ESC, arrows, capslock and possibly the 3 top right buttons. One of them could be the lidless eye, another a ring and so on. If we have to do this, we have to do it right! :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:18:43 by Matt3o »

Offline adreamer

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:28:23 »
25 sets   $107.65 per set
50 sets   $94.15 per set
75 sets   $89.65 per set
100 sets   $87.40 per set

Plus a one-time set-up cost that I think will be $50.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Sorry, newbie here :)

One set means only keycaps or the whole keyboard?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:29:16 »
keycaps

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:30:22 »
Also I'd like to make some custom graphics for ESC, arrows, capslock and possibly the 3 top right buttons. One of them could be the lidless eye, another a ring and so on. If we have to do this, we have to do it right!

Hmmm I actually think using LOTR elements is a bad idea for this set.  It should be just elvish and elvish symbols IMO, as if elves had made a keyboard.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:35:16 »
good point Hash, even though we are talking Sindarin... which it Tolkenian. Anyway I agree on removing LOTR from the equation, the main point remains though (ie, make some elfish graphics).

Ron, would you send me the file you are working on so I could add some iconography?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:36:47 by Matt3o »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:49:17 »
good point Hash, even though we are talking Sindarin... which it Tolkenian. Anyway I agree on removing LOTR from the equation, the main point remains though (ie, make some elfish graphics).

Ron, would you send me the file you are working on so I could add some iconography?

Um, sure.  Do you have a Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint) computer that can run Inkscape?  If not, just create SVG graphics in anything and send them to me and I'll put them in.

FWIW, I am very much agreed that Elvish iconography would be excellent to have.  I am ambivalent re LOTR images.  (Pro: More people interested.  Con: Unlikely to have been on Elrond's magical auto-scribe.)  And in this context, I would come down on the side of including Tolkein-esque  iconography that wouldn't have offended Elrond.

But mostly I don't think pixellated bitmaps would add to the design.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:57:13 »
Um, sure.  Do you have a Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint) computer that can run Inkscape?  If not, just create SVG graphics in anything and send them to me and I'll put them in.

Arch Linux here! Send it to my nickname at gmail or host it somewhere we can share. Thanks.

But mostly I don't think pixellated bitmaps would add to the design.

vector FTW!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:15:00 »
"new line" would be good for "return", but the "enter" key is actually now used as a confirmation not just to go to a new line (like in old typewriters). thoughts?

Well, technically it is the "Return" key.  The "Enter" key is on the ten key pad.  (I happen to have a full-size keyboard plugged, so I could even check the scan codes.)

Even so, I think the word "enter" in the context of a keyboard means either "go to the next line" as in text entry (like I am doing right now.) Or it means "please accept this entry" as it would if the [Post] button was the default.  I don't think an Elvish word meaning "come in" works.

All of the above is probably too pedantic for anonymous moose and his ilk (elk?).  I'd like to check various translations to see how they look when set in Tengwar.  Coolness counts, especially with custom iconography!

Just my $.02,

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I noticed last night that thanks to you, I am starting to be able to read in Tengwar -- about as well as my five year old son can "read" in English.

p.p.s.  Arch Linux?  Geez.   I sincerely apologize for the "(Debian, Ubuntu, Mint)" remark.  And I also thank you for not getting all "GNU plus Linux" on me.

p.p.p.s.  So would Randy call you an Elf, a Man, a Dwarf, or a Wizard?  You're looking pretty Elf-ish from where I'm sitting.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:44:08 »
Well, technically it is the "Return" key.  The "Enter" key is on the ten key pad.  (I happen to have a full-size keyboard plugged, so I could even check the scan codes.)

Actually... I have "enter" on my Filco tenkeyless. Anyway, I agree on using the most visually appealing solution.

All of the above is probably too pedantic for anonymous moose and his ilk (elk?).  I'd like to check various translations to see how they look when set in Tengwar.  Coolness counts, especially with custom iconography!

Just to be even more pedantic, you can try both neledh- and minna- for enter. Anyway we are arguing on "enter" when we have "slay" for Del key :)

Also I used participle as verbal form, we could use the infinite or present form depending on which one we like most.

p.s.  I noticed last night that thanks to you, I am starting to be able to read in Tengwar -- about as well as my five year old son can "read" in English.

one never knows, you might always need to speak some elvish.

p.p.s.  Arch Linux?  Geez.   I sincerely apologize for the "(Debian, Ubuntu, Mint)" remark.  And I also thank you for not getting all "GNU plus Linux" on me.

No offence taken, mortal.

p.p.p.s.  So would Randy call you an Elf, a Man, a Dwarf, or a Wizard?  You're looking pretty Elf-ish from where I'm sitting.

Is there anything else apart from elves?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:49:09 by Matt3o »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:46:06 »
Possible Esc or Win key idea (properly iconified and vectorized of course):

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:57:47 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:38:08 by esoomenona »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 10:13:58 »
Actually... I have "enter" on my Filco tenkeyless. Anyway, I agree on using the most visually appealing solution.

Go run xev on that key, my man.

Is there anything else apart from elves?

I, personally, am a Man trying to be a Wizard.  At work I am surrounded by Dwarves with an Elf to keep us honest.  I cannot always tell if our clients are Men, Hobbits, or Orc.

And now we should return this thread to its topic, and leave the Cryptonomicon for an OT thread.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 11:13:19 »
Go run xev on that key, my man.

"my elf" you mean, right? :P

guys... this is gonna be the best keyset ever! Anyway I doubt we can reach the 50 tier...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 14:57:13 »
Contrasting mods don't change the price for the 87-key set:

Quote from: SP
Will all the modifiers be one color?

Quote from: samwisekoi
Yes.

For example base keys in white with green legends and modifiers in pale green with brown legends.

Quote from: SP
Then no, there is no additional charge for this.
Thanks!
Melissa

So...
25 sets   $107.65 per set
50 sets   $94.15 per set
75 sets   $89.65 per set
100 sets   $87.40 per set

Plus a one-time set-up cost that will be $50 to spread across the set.

Who is gonna run the GB?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 16:40:55 »
Who will produce the keys?

I'm really interested in anything related to dwarves or elves.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 16:43:23 »
Who will produce the keys?

I'm really interested in anything related to dwarves or elves.

If we can get enough people, SP will.

87-key set priced above.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 17:04:51 »
to the base price you have to add the setup fees, shipping from SP, paypal fees, packaging and shipping to the end point. One set could easily end up costing $120. We might ask to some Tolkien community if they are interested, maybe we can reach the 50 or 75 tier (and even receive feedback regarding the layout).

I could run the GB but I'm in Europe and I believe there are custom fees involved, I may try to ask to 7bit (or ask a quote to an EU company).

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 17:05:17 »
We should bang out a color scheme while we're here, before going into GB status.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 17:22:34 »
We should bang out a color scheme while we're here, before going into GB status.

Good idea.  Remembering that dye-sub legends have to be darker than the keys, and that Tolkein's elves were Woodland creatures...

http://keycapsdirect.com/images/Customized/ABSColors.jpg

#1 Base: White (WFK) with Dark Green legends.  Mods: Pale Green (VBQ) with Dark Brown legends.

#2 Base: Light Grey (GCF) with Dark Green legends.  Mods: Green (VV) with Black legends.

My initial thoughts.

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  Tolkein/LOTR groups are a great idea!