Poll

What colors should be an option for this buy?

Black
135 (19.6%)
Grey
47 (6.8%)
Purple
62 (9%)
Green
8 (1.2%)
Dark Grey
123 (17.9%)
Blue
19 (2.8%)
Blue Grey
86 (12.5%)
Silver
86 (12.5%)
Olive
16 (2.3%)
White
71 (10.3%)
Red
35 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 401

Author Topic: [IC] CNC Anodized Aluminum case for CM Novatouch, Rapid-i, and Masterkeys TKL!  (Read 186105 times)

Offline WNovizar

Re: [IC] CNC Anodized Aluminum case for CM Novatouch and Rapid-i!
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 02:28:43 »
I have to say that the bezel is too thick

and it looks better if you make a natural angle case instead of using feet

just my opinion

Pretty sure that is a prototype, the bezel should be thinner by now. Milling cases to be angled may increase manufacturing cost
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 02:52:21 »

just my opinion

Pretty sure that is a prototype, the bezel should be thinner by now. Milling cases to be angled may increase manufacturing cost
It will push it up to the $300+ mark easily.

Interested in a grey or purple case. :D
Guess I will need to start looking for a Novatouch soon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 March 2016, 03:36:33 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:20:03 »
With the release of the MasterKeys Pro S, I've been told that it has the same case as the Rapid-i and Novatouch. If anyone has possession of it, can you confirm? If so then I'll have to go for 2 of these sweet cases.

Based on the image of the plate shown here, I would guess that it'll most likely fit. If anybody has one they'd care to lend me, I'd be happy to test it and send it back (I'll pay shipping both ways and send you a pre-paid UPS label).

I decided to opt for symmetry around all edges rather than a thin bezel on the sides like the stock case has. (In the current design the bezel edge is equally spaced from neighboring keys around all sides.) It's just a subjective aesthetic call, but to me it looks more satisfying. I also like having a place for my pinkie finger to rest while using the arrow keys.

Regarding the natural angle, I agree with you that if everybody wanted an angled slope to their keys, that would be cleanest way to go. But this solution permits satisfying the largest range of users. In my view, GeekHack group buys are all about making mods to keyboards that normal manufacturers won't support because they're too niche or fringe, so I thought it important to give people the option for a dead flat board (especially since that's the option I both personally prefer and find to be best for RSI) while allowing those who prefer a slope to add riser feet. Design is always about trade-offs and compromises, for better or worse. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:24:39 by norbauer »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:42:09 »
Regarding two other points folks raised...

Color. Given that people seems interested in some color options, I am thinking offering a second color even though it affects the financial calculations non-trivially.  Namely, I'm thinking of offering black and white, a nice simple and iconic duo of colors. Black is obviously the understated more "tactical"/gamer/utility aesthetic, which should hopefully appeal to the folks who voted for things like gray, dark gray, silver, etc. (together this group has by far comprised the majority of votes). White is an interesting second option that feels a bit more individualistic, and more arty/pretty. It'll obviously be a minority choice, but I hope it'll appeal to people who wanted somethign a bit more unusual. Hopefully regardless of one's ideal choice, black and white would provide at least one option that most people could be happy to choose. I would love to be able to offer a whole range of interesting colors (mint green is still a personal favorite!), but I just don't think it's economically feasible given the anodizing dye lot minimums available here in the US. If I knew we were going to sell hundreds of these things (unlikely) it would be different, but as it is, not knowing the order quantities beforehand, it's hard to work out the economics of how many colors to offer without turning people off by having really high prices at the lower tiers.

Barebones I am working with MassDrop to try to have a simultaneous drop for bare-bones Novatouch boards, for those who don't have them yet. Though it looks like this case will fit multiple CM boards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:51:48 by norbauer »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 15:01:11 »
What kind of price are we looking at here for anodizing a single board in a non-standard color? $200? $300?
There might be people willing to pay that sort of money if the shop is willing to offer it.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Butter

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 17:36:55 »
With the release of the MasterKeys Pro S, I've been told that it has the same case as the Rapid-i and Novatouch. If anyone has possession of it, can you confirm? If so then I'll have to go for 2 of these sweet cases.

Based on the image of the plate shown here, I would guess that it'll most likely fit. If anybody has one they'd care to lend me, I'd be happy to test it and send it back (I'll pay shipping both ways and send you a pre-paid UPS label).

I decided to opt for symmetry around all edges rather than a thin bezel on the sides like the stock case has. (In the current design the bezel edge is equally spaced from neighboring keys around all sides.) It's just a subjective aesthetic call, but to me it looks more satisfying. I also like having a place for my pinkie finger to rest while using the arrow keys.

Regarding the natural angle, I agree with you that if everybody wanted an angled slope to their keys, that would be cleanest way to go. But this solution permits satisfying the largest range of users. In my view, GeekHack group buys are all about making mods to keyboards that normal manufacturers won't support because they're too niche or fringe, so I thought it important to give people the option for a dead flat board (especially since that's the option I both personally prefer and find to be best for RSI) while allowing those who prefer a slope to add riser feet. Design is always about trade-offs and compromises, for better or worse. :)

From a post on Reddit. The masterkey won't fit this case  :'(
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4aiw57/masterkeys_pro_l_and_s_mega_thread/d10swr5

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 18:17:23 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4aiw57/masterkeys_pro_l_and_s_mega_thread/d10swr5
That's not what it says. ;)
Quote from: CM_Glenn
They look and feel the same, however, they are not identical. The MasterKeys Pro S has a more sturdy housing.
It might still have the same plate and fit in this case. I guess we won't know until Norbauer gets his hands on a Masterkey.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Butter

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 19:21:14 »
That's not what it says. ;)
Quote from: CM_Glenn
They look and feel the same, however, they are not identical. The MasterKeys Pro S has a more sturdy housing.
It might still have the same plate and fit in this case. I guess we won't know until Norbauer gets his hands on a Masterkey.

livingspeedbump said:
Yeah it probably wont fit. From taking them both apart the S and the Novatouch do not have screws in the same places, etc. The reason why TKL Aluminum cases for retail boards aren't a huge thing right now is for this very reason. Unlike 60% keyboards, there is no real universal rhyme or reason to where the screws, USB output, etc, etc are and each case basically fits 1, maybe 2 keyboards tops.

Sorry I have no idea how to quote from Reddit. I hope I am wrong because I really want a RGB board with aluminum case.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 March 2016, 19:23:37 by Butter »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 01:27:13 »

This is not necessarily conclusive, as I don't rely on any of the screw or post locations but rather support the plate by the curved struts. The struts are incidental to the design but they actually serve this purpose very well and don't rely on screw positions or any of those details. It also makes the case much cheaper to machine doing it this way. I may just have to order a Masterkeys to find out if it fits—unless somebody wants to volunteer to loan me one for 24 hours?
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 01:35:43 by norbauer »

Offline norbauer

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 01:33:30 »
What kind of price are we looking at here for anodizing a single board in a non-standard color? $200? $300?
There might be people willing to pay that sort of money if the shop is willing to offer it.

Yes, the anodizing dye lot minimum ranges between $250 and $500 at most places in the US. If the initial drop is successful and there are still people who couldn't manage to bring themselves to cozy up to black or white, we can look into doing a small order for niche colors at a higher price maybe directly as a GeekHack group buy. But that kind of thing doesn't really fit the MassDrop model very well, and I'd like to get that out of the way first. Powder coating is cheaper for multiple colors because it has lower minimums, incidentally, but I think people seem to prefer anodizing.

Of course, if orders through MassDrop are very strong, we could do a second round in more or different colors, but I wouldn't want to commit to that for a first run. The logistics and expense of organizing all this have been pretty daunting as it is. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 01:36:18 by norbauer »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 03:20:28 »

Yes, the anodizing dye lot minimum ranges between $250 and $500 at most places in the US. If the initial drop is successful and there are still people who couldn't manage to bring themselves to cozy up to black or white, we can look into doing a small order for niche colors at a higher price maybe directly as a GeekHack group buy. But that kind of thing doesn't really fit the MassDrop model very well, and I'd like to get that out of the way first. Powder coating is cheaper for multiple colors because it has lower minimums, incidentally, but I think people seem to prefer anodizing.

Of course, if orders through MassDrop are very strong, we could do a second round in more or different colors, but I wouldn't want to commit to that for a first run. The logistics and expense of organizing all this have been pretty daunting as it is. :)
That's understandable and I respect that. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread anyway.

Purple does seem to be a very good non-standard option though judging by the numbers. ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 March 2016, 03:22:34 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 03:57:55 »
well, I asked in the reddt thread to get some information weather the case of the PRO S fits or not. While there wasn´t a particluar answer, the picures from keychatter seem to be identical with our two boards here. Everything looks to be at the same position. Still we can´t be 100% sure until someone tests it.
Maybe you could ask livingspeedbump or coolermaster directly (they seem to support the DIY spirit) to send you the board. The color choice seems fine, I mean we need those economies of scale effects badly ;).

Offline Butter

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 08:14:58 »

This is not necessarily conclusive, as I don't rely on any of the screw or post locations but rather support the plate by the curved struts. The struts are incidental to the design but they actually serve this purpose very well and don't rely on screw positions or any of those details. It also makes the case much cheaper to machine doing it this way. I may just have to order a Masterkeys to find out if it fits—unless somebody wants to volunteer to loan me one for 24 hours?

What a roller coaster ride. I guess I'll be getting 2 case then as long as they are around $250. :D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline norbauer

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:24:10 »
Would this fit the old QFR?

http://cdn.overclock.net/c/c1/800x600px-LL-c19eadf9_382332020_image_179.jpeg

No. The the old version is different. The best pictures I could find : https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/CM+Storm+QuickFire+Rapid+LED+Light+Replacement/32216

Agreed. The old QFR would require a differently designed case. Jury is still out on Masterkeys.

Offline NiceAndCreamy

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:31:36 »
I modded my novatouch's plate to fit into a Vortex Aluminum case.... this seems much easier!

Offline odd

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 20:58:10 »
If it fits a rapid-i , I would buy 2 of them for sure.

Offline avtar

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 01:09:58 »
I've been on the fence about getting a Novatouch. Ditching the stock case for this one sounds pretty appealing. I would be interested in a white dark grey one depending on the price.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:02:01 by avtar »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 17:37:59 »
Any time frame when this will happen?

I'd love to know this, might get a Novatouch if this is soon.

Offline ArnavM

• Student of Metaphysics
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 21:24:22 »
I am very much interested in this  :thumb:
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 00:24:04 »
Any time frame when this will happen?

I'd love to know this, might get a Novatouch if this is soon.

After reading the thread I saw 4-6 weeks from 8th, so 3-5 now? =)

Offline Razer1987

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 13:47:16 »
100% in for one if we stay at an average price of 250 USD.

I would love some color (red, blue or purple) but It seems that people are more conservative...

Offline norbauer

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 19:46:05 »
Thanks again for all the kind words and encouragement, everybody. Things are moving along full steam. The machine shop has fabricated the work-holding jigs that will be used in the production run and is finishing up making a final sample using that tooling. I should have photos to show of that in process soon.

My target is to get a drop happening around the middle of next month (i.e., mid-April). That'll probably run for a week or so and then it'll be a 1-2 month lead time after that until it's on people's doorsteps, depending how many people join the drop (larger numbers will take longer to fulfill, though we can perhaps fulfill them in batches based on who orders first, though anodizing may be the bottleneck there). Everything could theoretically be shorter, as those are pessimistic timelines, but unforeseen delays always seem to happen in manufacturing, so I'm trying to be realistic. ;)

Offline avtar

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 20:07:57 »
Awesome! Looking forward to pics :D

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:12:07 »
Is the plan still to run through Massdrop?

Offline axtran

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 07:37:12 »
Good luck with the GB, norbauer! If the production runs are anything like the prototype, everyone is in for a treat. :D Best Topre board!
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline norbauer

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 04:58:58 »
Is the plan still to run through Massdrop?

Yes. I have worked out all the details with them, and they continue to impress me. Having them do all the payment processing and shipping make this much more feasible than my handling all that myself, and it'll mean everyone will get their stuff much faster.

Good luck with the GB, norbauer! If the production runs are anything like the prototype, everyone is in for a treat. :D Best Topre board!

Thanks again, axtran, for all your support. I really appreciate it. :)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 06:54:00 »
I'll likely be up for a second one, I love the one I have now :)

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:01:53 »
I have since bought a CM Novatouch just for this case! Can't wait!!
I like keyboards

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 11:59:04 »
This is a stupid question but since that case is not going to be cheap I'd rather be sure: is that case going to fit the European/ISO variants of the CM Novatouch?

Offline RichieRo

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 20:10:57 »
This looks great.  Very excited for it to drop.

Offline Funderwood

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 01:54:34 »
Good luck with the drop norbauer, I know my wallet hates you.

Have to say the slab-o-uniform look you have going is starting to grow on me.  I was not a fan of the thicker bezels at first but now I feel its got some serious retro charm.  Which leads me to ask:

Any pictures with a contoured SA Keyset?

Although I voted white,  beige with krinkle finish is this case design's true calling. IMHO
IBM Model M   //   HHKB   //   Novatouch   //   KUL-87 mx clears

Offline rondg

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 04:14:43 »
I hope Dark grey wins  ;D

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 09:56:20 »
Yes. I have worked out all the details with them, and they continue to impress me. Having them do all the payment processing and shipping make this much more feasible than my handling all that myself, and it'll mean everyone will get their stuff much faster.

But that also means import taxes for us, non US citizens.  :'(
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline derzemel

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 11:12:35 »

damn, this doesn't sound so good anymore :(

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 11:18:44 »

Agreed, but that is always a risk when buying stuff from the USA. They're legally required to declare the official value. And not much slips through anymore. Especially more expensive or larger items.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Metaldrake

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 02:17:33 »
Luckily I don't have to pay import taxes unless it's over 300USD, so hopefully the cost + shipping doesn't go above that.
Realforce 86U

Offline Mrs. Butter

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 12:43:51 »
Even though I'm from the EU and this will hurt my wallet badly, I'm eagerly awaiting this massdrop. Beautiful design, great work!
Silent RF 87u / CM Novatouch / Leopold FC660c

Offline norbauer

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:39:51 »
Production tooling and sample are progressing!

Don't worry about the tooling marks, btw. These parts get bead blasted for a uniform finish before being sent off for anodizing—totally normal for this kind of machining.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 16:43:44 by norbauer »

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:36:42 »
While I like and appreciate the idea and am well ware of the fact that short run manufacture and "custom" products aren't cheap, and that one needs to start somewhere, and also always wanted a aluminium case for the novatouch myself, I don't think that these custom, short run's make a lot of sense. I am not willing to pay more for the keyboard case then for the actual keyboard itself, If the price would be below 150 dollars, I can see myself eventually buying one of those, but otherwise, 250 to 300 for a CNC machined "novelty" piece of aluminium, I don't see a realistic counter-value there.

In my opinion, you should wait until enough people join in, so you can get the price down to something more reasonable.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:51:21 by Olumin »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:38:30 »
the price down to about 100.
Maybe if you get them cast in the deepest, darkest, lowest quality depths of the far East :))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Olumin

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:49:28 »
the price down to about 100.
Maybe if you get them cast in the deepest, darkest, lowest quality depths of the far East :))

The fact that they are "made in USA" does not increase the quality and only adds additional cost, manufacturing then in china is completely sufficing and a lot cheaper. Tho I understand the reason why one would not do that. Also, I am not expert, I have no idea about these things, that's just my opinion, don't mind me. 

I also removed that last statement, It may have been unrealistic, like I said, I don't know anything about that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:52:24 by Olumin »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:51:47 »
The fact that they are "made in USA" does not increase the quality and only adds additional cost, manufacture then in chine is completely sufficing and a lot cheaper. Tho I understand the reason why one would not do that. Also, I am not expert, I have no idea about these things, that's just my opinion, don't mind me.
Well, it doesn't necessarily increase quality but it often does. Also, do note that I said "Maybe if you get them cast...". You wouldn't be able to get these CNC milled from metal at quantities of a few hundred and be able to sell them at $100 each; not even in China.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:02:50 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Olumin

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:54:59 »
The fact that they are "made in USA" does not increase the quality and only adds additional cost, manufacture then in chine is completely sufficing and a lot cheaper. Tho I understand the reason why one would not do that. Also, I am not expert, I have no idea about these things, that's just my opinion, don't mind me.
Well, it doesn't necessarily increase quality but it often does. Also, do note that I said "Maybe if you get them cast...". You wouldn't be able to get these CNC milled from billet at quantities of a few hundred and be able to sell them at $100 each; not even in China.

You are probably right abut that, like I have written in my previous answer, I removed my last statement about the 100 dollar. But still, 250 to 300 is simply too much in my opinion, That just means that I wouldn't spend it, you may.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:25:29 »
I feel like an aluminum case for a $150-200 keyboard is already such a crazy pointless first-world luxury, it's kind of silly to quibble over 50 bucks (or whatever), especially since we haven't finalized the prices and I have been working hard find a way to give folks a pretty good deal. Whenever offering something for sale on the internet, some people will always comment that it's too expensive--even, as in this case, when the actual final price hasn't been announced yet.

TBH, the main reason for doing it in the US is to decrease complexity and logistics and increase accountability. When I say quality will be better, I'm not literally saying that CNC machines clear chips better on this side of the Pacific. My point is that it's easier for me to communicate with the machine shop in the US and whine to them when things aren't right--or sue them if they screw us over. The first pre-production sample on Monday, for example, had a few issues, which they are currently fixing for me. It has already been much easier to iron those issues out than when I've had similar problems with China suppliers on other (non-keyboard-related) manufacturing projects I've done in the past.

But anyway, USA manufacturing on a project like this is not that much more expensive, honestly. Believe me, I've been working on this design and gotten prototypes made both in the US and China and even machined one myself. I hired a China sourcing consultant to help me explore the possibilities of get it made there, including a cast version with post-process machining. It's not that I haven't considered all the options but that I simply decided, for reasons outlined above, that the current approach is best for a project of this scale (and unit weight) where most of the customers will be in the US and where we want it to be top quality. Courier shipping from China on a heavy item like is fantastically expensive (almost enough to offset the manufacturing cost difference), and sea freight doesn't make sense because of all the handling fees and potential import duties on such a small volume order where we're not filling up half a cargo container. I'm open to revision of these views if I were to find a cheap supplier in China with excellent communication, good accountability, and incredibly cheap shipping on small volume orders like ours will be, but after lots of looking I didn't find anything that quite met my requirements in that regard.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:31:14 »
Would this fit the old QFR?

http://cdn.overclock.net/c/c1/800x600px-LL-c19eadf9_382332020_image_179.jpeg

No. The the old version is different. The best pictures I could find : https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/CM+Storm+QuickFire+Rapid+LED+Light+Replacement/32216

Agreed. The old QFR would require a differently designed case. Jury is still out on Masterkeys.

Well, that sucks, as the Frosty Flake only works on that one, and if I spent this much on a case, I'd want the keyboard programmable.  Ah well...