Author Topic: [IC] SA SNES  (Read 183746 times)

Offline monkt

Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 09:56:20 »
I have a set of the 22333 Filco caps and they are very nice. Being able to mix with those readily available sets is a great idea.

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 13:39:01 »
Any chance of using just the original SA fonts? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of these fonts. Big fan of the good old centered legends.

This is one of SP's default fonts.

The centered font is nice, but it doesn't fit the theme as well as the Filco/Helvetica font. Too vintage, imo.

If I get too many complaints, then I will launch another poll. (Even though I strongly feel like the Helvetica font is better for this set...)

stick with the filco fonts theres enough sa centered font sets

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 13:43:03 »
Love this one!

I'd love sculpted but a Colemak (and Colemak Mod DH) support is more important to me. So I vote either uniform R3 or sculpted with ColemakDH compatibility kit.

Exactly this. Would prefer R3, but give me a ColemakDH option and you can shut up and take my money.

i will absolutely join if there's a sculpted colevrak kit
Same here... gimme dat Mod DH and I'm in for the sculpted SA.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 22:01:05 »
Any chance of using just the original SA fonts? I'm not sure if I'm a fan of these fonts. Big fan of the good old centered legends.

This is one of SP's default fonts.

The centered font is nice, but it doesn't fit the theme as well as the Filco/Helvetica font. Too vintage, imo.

If I get too many complaints, then I will launch another poll. (Even though I strongly feel like the Helvetica font is better for this set...)

stick with the filco fonts theres enough sa centered font sets

My thoughts exactly.

Love this one!

I'd love sculpted but a Colemak (and Colemak Mod DH) support is more important to me. So I vote either uniform R3 or sculpted with ColemakDH compatibility kit.

Exactly this. Would prefer R3, but give me a ColemakDH option and you can shut up and take my money.

i will absolutely join if there's a sculpted colevrak kit
Same here... gimme dat Mod DH and I'm in for the sculpted SA.

The poll gives good insight, but the more I think about it, half-sculpted is a no brainer for this set.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 07:02:21 »
I usually really dislike half sculpted but I have to agree that it’s really fitting for this set

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 10:56:07 »
Any requests for keyboards on which to render SA SNES?

I got a few in mind, but suggestions would be great. ;D

Offline psxndc

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 11:03:23 »
Iris.  :p
Ortho. Always.

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 11:13:36 »

Would love to see a 65% board that included the YXBA down the right column, and making use of the Start/Select/Super keys along the bottom row...  :)

Offline psxndc

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 11:25:41 »
Would love to see a 65% board that included the YXBA down the right column, and making use of the Start/Select/Super keys along the bottom row...  :)

For my non-Iris keeb, this reply is relevant to my interests (DZ65RGB in a tada68 case).
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 12:48:41 »

For sure

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 11:03:23 »

Small boards don't get enough render love: Planck, Let's Split, Alpha (:D), etc...

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 11:12:44 »

Small boards don't get enough render love: Planck, Let's Split, Alpha (:D), etc...

Got a link to the Alpha?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 11:14:24 »

Got a link to the Alpha?

Nm! Got it

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 15:56:36 »
Nm! Got it

I'm considering doing a minivan board with this set, if you're still looking for render requests. :)

Also, one minor nit on the POWER PACK kit: on the SNES system, the "Eject" button was the middle gray color (SP ABS GG), not the dark gray. Would love to see the color fixed to be the correct middle-gray (SP ABS GG) for the Eject key (1u, R2 and R3) in the Power Pack. Additionally, it might be nice for that kit to also include a purple 1u R2 "Reset" key that folks could use as an Escape key. :)

Offline Capsmiths

• Capsmiths
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:02:45 »
Anyone know what case in the first render that is?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:36:00 »
Anyone know what case in the first render that is?

Nouvelle by keyboardbelle

It's 3D printed!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:48:44 »
Nm! Got it

I'm considering doing a minivan board with this set, if you're still looking for render requests. :)

Also, one minor nit on the POWER PACK kit: on the SNES system, the "Eject" button was the middle gray color (SP ABS GG), not the dark gray. Would love to see the color fixed to be the correct middle-gray (SP ABS GG) for the Eject key (1u, R2 and R3) in the Power Pack. Additionally, it might be nice for that kit to also include a purple 1u R2 "Reset" key that folks could use as an Escape key. :)

My reasoning was that if we're going to do novelties, then they might as well stand out. The Eject key might be too subtle in mod grey. We'll see in the renders.

Edit: About the Esc key... I thought about that... Yes, maybe.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 August 2019, 16:57:51 by voodoo6k »

Offline Sleep0ke

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 18:00:38 »
Sculpted pleeeeeeeeeease. 

Offline clarisssssaa

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 22:55:04 »
Also, I’m a big fan of r3 profile because it supports various ortho/ergo layouts. But if you decide not to offer those sculpted is probably preferred.

I second this heavily; please offer an ergo option!

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 09:34:35 »
So the YXBA kit got me thinking - If I wanted to replicate the controller's look, having the light and deep purple for Y, X, B, and A will look odd because of where those keys are relative to each other in just about any layout.

Solution: why not make the YXBA set blanks instead?  On a QWERTY layout, having H and I be light purple would make sense and M and L would be dark purple. But if I have an alternate layout (I do, ColemakDH for LIFE) the replaced keys would be K and U and H and I, respectively. If they are blanks, then it won't matter what letters I replace them with.

The YXBA keys were meant more for the 65% right column, or filling the top and bottom rows in general. I will make that clearer in a future render. The extra R4 B is for the controller pattern {;[/'} (see OG Gamer pack). Lastly, of course one may use them as actual alpha keys for a more chaotic look... :))

Could we extend the "OG Gamer Pack" to include light purple H and I keys, and dark purple M and J keys, to truly accent the alphas for the classic "controller look"?

I'm thinking of a dark gray WASD, and light/dark purple "HI / MJ" keys... which would look so good on a 40% board combined with the Start/Select keys from the POWER Pack on either side of the space bar(s)...  :)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:31:21 »
So the YXBA kit got me thinking - If I wanted to replicate the controller's look, having the light and deep purple for Y, X, B, and A will look odd because of where those keys are relative to each other in just about any layout.

Solution: why not make the YXBA set blanks instead?  On a QWERTY layout, having H and I be light purple would make sense and M and L would be dark purple. But if I have an alternate layout (I do, ColemakDH for LIFE) the replaced keys would be K and U and H and I, respectively. If they are blanks, then it won't matter what letters I replace them with.

The YXBA keys were meant more for the 65% right column, or filling the top and bottom rows in general. I will make that clearer in a future render. The extra R4 B is for the controller pattern {;[/'} (see OG Gamer pack). Lastly, of course one may use them as actual alpha keys for a more chaotic look... :))

Could we extend the "OG Gamer Pack" to include light purple H and I keys, and dark purple M and J keys, to truly accent the alphas for the classic "controller look"?

You mean H I / M L ?

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 10:41:48 »
You mean H I / M L ?

Oops yes that was a typo: H, I, M, and L. :)

Yes, four "accent" alphas (H, I, M, and L). Light purple on the 'H' and 'I' alphas and dark purple on the 'M' and 'L' alphas. In combination with the dark gray WASD accent alphas (D-pad!), these four would complete a really slick classic SNES "controller look" for the alphas that would work on a 40% board (or any board) and would go great in the OG Gamer Pack. :)

Offline psxndc

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 02:59:12 »
*Channeling Dave Chappel* So uh, you got any of them there updates?
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 14:59:14 »

Well, sure.

I got some Pantone plastic samples :

Not decided on which purple to choose...

The SP chips are still in the mail (along with DSA Scientific).

After some thought, I would like to include a purple/lavender number row. Either in a 60% extension kit (including the Minila keys) or with the function row keys in a separate kit from TKL.

Offline MythicCynic

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 16:01:39 »
I actually had this same idea when I was looking at the new RAMA Thermals. I wish I had the money to get one in grey as well as the Halt but I feel like this could look super clean on the moon. Even outside of those I love this, totally down to nab a set or two if/when it drops!

Offline MythicCynic

« Reply #175 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 16:04:41 »

Well, sure.

Show Image

After some thought, I would like to include a purple/lavender number row. Either in a 60% extension kit (including the Minila keys) or with the function row keys in a separate kit from TKL.

As someone using almost exclusively 60%-65% boards, I love the idea of a purple num  row. I feel it could really help pull the smaller boards together in a way that not a lot of sets do.

Offline AdidasShoe42

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 16:15:12 »

Well, sure.

Show Image

I like this idea. Also - I cant believe I didn’t notice this before - can we please include an R2 1.5u backspace key for those of us who do split backspace (HHKB style)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 17:18:39 »

Well, sure.

Show Image

I like this idea. Also - I cant believe I didn’t notice this before - can we please include an R2 1.5u backspace key for those of us who do split backspace (HHKB style)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specialty kit for 1.5u backspace! It is R3.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:47:36 »
Half sculpt and I’m in. Or three quarters sculpt (1-2-3-3-3-3) just made this up but I’d dig it

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:51:15 »
Half sculpt and I’m in. Or three quarters sculpt (1-2-3-3-3-3) just made this up but I’d dig it

99% half sculpt (223333) at this point.

Pricing and looks isn't doing it, for sculpted. We stay true to the Filco caps.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 16:58:32 »

Since the profile is decided, maybe update the OP?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:05:18 »

Since the profile is decided, maybe update the OP?

Done!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:10:24 »
I forgot how bad the comic sans on the modifiers was from SP
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline psxndc

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:27:18 »
We need a "show your support" banner for this. BTW, people are asking for a re-run of GMK-SNES over on drop as recently as July. Not sure what their policy is on linking to GH, but you may want to direct them this way.
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:52:10 »
We need a "show your support" banner for this. BTW, people are asking for a re-run of GMK-SNES over on drop as recently as July. Not sure what their policy is on linking to GH, but you may want to direct them this way.

In any case, Drop owns geekhack... :)) I'm not closed on the idea of Massdrop picking this up.

I know people feel like this IC is on the back burner. It's like a long roller coaster. Except maybe inverted in time.

I just received the samples from SP, yesterday. The colours are super important for this set (any set, really). I'm looking everything over as we speak. Once the colours are locked in, I will make a bunch of renders and really ramp this up.

The GMK set doesn't worry me. GMK DMG just ran and barely made it. GMK makes it difficult to do child kits, which are necessary here.

Thank you for the support! :thumb:

Offline psxndc

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 17:59:27 »
In any case, Drop owns geekhack... :)) I'm not closed on the idea of Massdrop picking this up.
:eek: I did not know this. Well ok then.

The GMK set doesn't worry me. GMK DMG just ran and barely made it. GMK makes it difficult to do child kits, which are necessary here.

I didn't mean this set has competition, I meant that people not-on-geekhack may be interested in this set since they've been asking Drop for a similar one that Drop hasn't/won't re-run.
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 18:09:00 »
:eek: I did not know this. Well ok then.

Mainly because I want every kit to be made. Very open question.

I didn't mean this set has competition, I meant that people not-on-geekhack may be interested in this set since they've been asking Drop for a similar one that Drop hasn't/won't re-run.

Gotcha. I will do my best to promote on other forums, reddit, Drop, Discord and so on. I don't have enough material to do this now. Syncing every social media is quite time consuming and I prefer to keep it all in one place at this stage.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2019, 18:15:13 by voodoo6k »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 18:33:15 »
Lets do this.  19K views, this set is on fire.

Offline modeseven

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 19:02:47 »
Day 1 buy for me. :)

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 09:31:17 »
I like the colors. I don't use SA much anymore but would probably cop just cuz

Offline PossUmKitteH_XD

• Daily Clack
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 19:06:32 »
I need this more than words can express. This set looks amazing. Definitely in for a bunch of the kits
Official Mr Daily Clack support person
PossUm#7190 on Discord

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 19:14:08 »
I posted this photo on reddit. This is what the half-sculpt profile looks like on Minila Air (right):

https://old.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/d68mql/good_feeling_of_oneness_with_spherical_caps/

Offline psxndc

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 19:17:01 »
Voodoo, do we have an update on timing? My body is ready.
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 11:31:19 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 12:54:32 »
The plan for SNES is still SA, right?  If so, these double-shot MT3 issues shouldn’t have any impact on this GB.

But those MT3 issues are interesting.  Bringing all-new double-shot tooling up to speed with a brand new manufacturer is a tall task.  If I remember right, the first manufacturer couldn’t achieve the target quality.  They started over from scratch with a second manufacturer.  I hope it pays off in the end.

Offline Sleep0ke

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 20:56:19 »
Ez pass now that sculpted is out of the question. I wanted sculpted so bad.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #196 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 21:43:35 »
Ez pass now that sculpted is out of the question. I wanted sculpted so bad.

Nothing is definitive as we speak.

This project is becoming my main focus now and I will be exploring some possibilities with another party this very week.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 04:38:15 »
Can you throw in 2 1.5u R2 keys to cover Ergos and boardwalk?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 09:09:50 »
Can you throw in 2 1.5u R2 keys to cover Ergos and boardwalk?

That's a tough one. If we were to look into an Ergo kit, what is the consensus on blanks versus legends?

Offline TunnaTown

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:14:44 »
I prefer blanks or wacky non-standard legends for the increased compatibility.