Author Topic: Pre-smoked keys for your smoke-stained KB!  (Read 1454 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Pre-smoked keys for your smoke-stained KB!
« on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 17:37:46 »
It's happened to many of us: You buy a vintage keyboard online, assuming it's just yellowed from age, and it turns out to be stained brown from tobacco smoke. What's more, the manufacturer was careless enough to use better plastic for the keys that didn't absorb the smoke as well as the rest of the board.

Don't struggle trying to brighten that disgustingly smoke-stained board! Just buy yourself a set of these great pre-smoked keys for a mere $45 shipped!

You'll admire how evenly and professionally these keys have been imbued with that distinctively malignant smoked-around color. They're also guaranteed to reek so badly of tobacco that you can smell them from up to 30 feet away (unless you're a smoker yourself, of course, in which case you probably can't smell much at all—but that probably doesn't matter, where you're headed).

What's that, you don't have a smoke-discolored board? No problem! Put these keys on an unstained board and your KB-collector friends will see them and say, "How did that board stay so much cleaner than the keys?" And in true collector fashion, they'll construct elaborate theories involving plastic formulations, eccentric air currents, the keys being removed so the board could be smoked around separately, alien key abductions, etc.

Then you can reveal the truth, and possibly enjoy that rare phenomenon—an example of humor among KB collectors! (For those of you not familiar with it, humor is a message or event whose ingenuity, verbal skill, or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter. Laughter is an audible expression of an emotion—including mirth, joy, derision, embarrassment or fright—by the expulsion of air from the lungs resulting in distinctive involuntary sounds, usually accompanied by movements of the mouth and contraction of the muscles around the eyes.)

LIMITED TIME – BONUS OFFER! Order these amazing keys now and receive a gift card for a free chest X-ray for you or a self-destructing smoker you know!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Axollott

Re: Pre-smoked keys for your smoke-stained KB!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:02:44 »
*Applause* *Crowd Cheering* :p  :p

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:45:19 »
I am the resident PC repair guy in my group of friends and family.  I refuse to bring home a PC from someones house that smoked around it.  And I used to smoke.  I made this decision when I replaced a CPU fan in a PC that was upstairs above a bar.  I brought it home and opened it up.  As soon as I diagnosed the problem, it went outside until the fan came in the mail.  It was protected from the elements so it wasn't damaged further.  But after that I refused to work on smoke infested PCs in my own home.  And at the time I smoked a pack a day.  Granted I have never smoked in my own home aside from a stay with a previous girlfriend before I joined the service.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:54:13 »
Actually, I think that those caps are a very nice color, and might go well with a pearl/pebble set.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jd29

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 02:51:20 »
Actually, I think that those caps are a very nice color, and might go well with a pearl/pebble set.
Yeah, I really like them. Quality's kind of dubious for the price though.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:36:32 »
They look great ^^ . Besides, I don't mind keyboard with discoloured keys or casings, myself.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:38:39 by chyros »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:12:50 »
*Applause* *Crowd Cheering* :p  :p

Thanks, dude!

As for the rest of you—I'll take Asperger Syndrome for $200, Alex.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg