Author Topic: MX Board 6.0  (Read 1332 times)

Offline KaminKevCrew

MX Board 6.0
« on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 03:23:13 »
So, I bought a Cherry MX Board 6.0 several days ago, and I'm still waiting for it to get here from the amazon seller (by the way, I'm disappointed they didn't include tracking on the package. It's a pain in the butt). Anyway, it has low profile caps and I was just making sure I'd be able to switch my PBT caps from my daskeyboard on the MX Board. Is that doable or do I need low profile ones? On another note, does anyone know where I could order some PBT low profile key caps?

Also, I think I read somewhere that Cherry will be offering the keyboard in other switch types. If I don't like reds, does anyone know what the time frame might be for the alternate switches to be offered in the US, if ever?

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
Re: MX Board 6.0
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 08:46:43 »
Looks like normal MX switches as far as I can tell from the boards datasheet.  Would imagine other caps would interchange just fine.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:15:58 »
Hey, I noticed you're in the WA area, we had a meet up where everyone brought their keyboards this past Saturday. =)

You should be able to put any keycaps you want. You may actually prefer the cherry profile keycaps over the Das keycaps.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:13:36 »
Hey, I noticed you're in the WA area, we had a meet up where everyone brought their keyboards this past Saturday. =)

You should be able to put any keycaps you want. You may actually prefer the cherry profile keycaps over the Das keycaps.

Damn! If I had known there was a meetup, I totally would have gone! The reason I was asking it that I have some PBT caps on my daskeyboard, and they're doubleshot so I can use backlighting, and I quite prefer the feel of PBT (although I've had two different sets of PBT and this one has a significantly smoother texture!