Author Topic: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.  (Read 862515 times)

Offline NoPaiN^

Re: Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 11:29:19 »
What about the G402?

Offline ArthuriaPendragon

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 21:53:42 »
Is there any mouse to recommend me? I'm a MOBA Player but I personally hate having too many buttons on a mouse. I'm currently using Razer Abyssus and it fits me just well (I would like a mouse slightly bigger than it ) . I tried grabbing the DA but it just feels uncomfortable and it feels too big for me. My brother owns a G502 , it feels great but I don't wanna buy it because I like something unique for myself  :D .
Thank you everyone

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 01:18:54 »
I could recommend the G302, it's not a lot bigger than the Abyssus (I have one here), but it's definitely more comfortable (IMO). and the buttons are nice and light as well. I think they designed it to be a MOBA mouse actually.

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 04:06:58 »
It looks promising , I will look reviews bout it ! Thank you very much , but are there any choices too ?

Offline deicide3

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:10:59 »
ok so my tiny g400 fell and now is crippling
i have no idea what to do and i'm sick of small size mouses

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:47:04 »
^deicide3, Mionix Naos 7000? it's pretty large.

It looks promising , I will look reviews bout it ! Thank you very much , but are there any choices too ?

I think it's the best choice here. otherwise, Logitech G100s is also pretty good... more similar to the Abyssus, than the G302. however not as nice overall, IMO.
Zowie FK1 is a so-so choice here, due to having a bit harder to press buttons, but a great mouse overall. somewhat bad scroll wheel. but it has a great sensor.
roccat kone pure military is nice, and smaller, but it is also very differently shaped from your Abyssus so it might not work very well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 December 2014, 19:08:37 by munch »

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 00:19:34 »

I think it's the best choice here. otherwise, Logitech G100s is also pretty good... more similar to the Abyssus, than the G302. however not as nice overall, IMO.
Zowie FK1 is a so-so choice here, due to having a bit harder to press buttons, but a great mouse overall. somewhat bad scroll wheel. but it has a great sensor.
roccat kone pure military is nice, and smaller, but it is also very differently shaped from your Abyssus so it might not work very well.

Yeah Roccat looks really different , thank you for the help! I decided that I'll get the G302 :D

Offline deicide3

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:44:30 »
is it bigger than g400?

anyone ever heard of http://www.func.net/en/products/ms-3-revision-2/ ?
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:54:06 by deicide3 »

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 06:22:31 »
the fUnc is using an Avago 9500 sensor, which is not as good as the PixArt 3310 used in the Naos 7000. but their shells are very similar.

I find that the Naos is a bit more comfortable though.

http://mionix.net/mice/naos-7000/
you can see more here :)

Offline deicide3

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 08:18:50 »
the fUnc is using an Avago 9500 sensor, which is not as good as the PixArt 3310 used in the Naos 7000. but their shells are very similar.

I find that the Naos is a bit more comfortable though.

http://mionix.net/mice/naos-7000/
you can see more here :)
ok thanks

now i need to find out where is the cheapest option to get it from with int' shipping

and.... i bought one
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 09:56:21 by deicide3 »

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:08:37 »
nice, let us know how you like it when you get it! :) and make sure you get the latest firmware and such too, they changed a lot lately.

Offline deicide3

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:34:31 »
nice, let us know how you like it when you get it! :) and make sure you get the latest firmware and such too, they changed a lot lately.
i have no idea anymore
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 13:35:41 by deicide3 »

Offline whitefang

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 15:59:39 »
The KPM felt better.

Exhausted, I pulled the trigger on KPM :)
I was more tempted towards Ninox Aurora since that was out after a lot of personal hard work from the maker(you know who)
Everything seems to be good.
Omron switches with the perfect shells(as described in esreality forums)
Size, shape and weight - pretty decent
Since, it took almost 3 years for it to be developed which was started with Avago 3090 sensor and is finally made with the same.
I couldn't wait for this mouse to come out with 3310 sensor and so, KPM was my final choice.
I'll wait for it to arrive(no ETA provided). If it doesn't feel comfortable. I might have to switch to Ninox Aurora or Zowie Fk1 compromising with either the sensor or the click-switches respectively :D
I'll post my reviews about KPM after a good use :)

I just got my KPM last week. I'm loving it. I am having the problem where occasionally the DPI changes on me though even with the latest firmware (1.10). Hopefully this gets fixed soon because this mouse feels so damned good to use. It also has some tracking problems on my XTracPad Hybrid where it just won't track for about 1mm on the pad in some places. Tracks just fine on a Roccat Sense and Razer Goliathus though.

Offline Creizai

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 11:11:56 »
MaximilianKohler over here at Geekhack finally? haha nice

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 11:17:04 »
Omg so much to read.

Can anyone recommend a mouse to me that won't poop out on me?

My Razer Lachesis is going to s*** after three years (scrollwheel and sensor are giving me issues now - scrollwheel especially) and for my Anywhere MX I have to put a piece of tape (and replace it regularly) on the clicky switch thing to keep it from double clicking every other click.

I just want a mouse that will work and won't give me a headache down the line.  :'(

I'm tempted to dig out one of those ball mice from my basement from ages ago because the only issue I had with those mice was that I had to clean it out every other week.
null

Offline Rhosta

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 11:54:05 »
Hello,
first, I registered here just because of this topic, so you can be sure I appreciate what you have done here.
Second, I own Cooler Master Storm Alcor and Roccat Kone Pure Military, for some time now, so I want to share my experience with them here.

I bought both of them, because of the sensor without acceleration, before I had Rocccat Kone for about 5 years.

CMSA:
- no software, just simple firmware files which you can load and that is, gentlemen, quite awesome, because no loading of software, no instalation. Each file changes dpi and polling rate and changes color of the logo, so you know, which is in use currently.
- it does not have rubber sides. It is all plastic, except of the wheel.
- bad thing is that main buttons are not a part of the body and sweat/dust/hair/whatever... can stuck and fall into the mouse between buttons and palm rest. And it also can't hold buttons up, so when you move your fingers up and down without click it can make noises just because of buttons falling onto the switches, but that is a detail.
- ergonomics are ok, not great and nothing really bad at the same time. No soft coating is plus for me, because it won't wear out.
- I am very sensitive to scroll wheel quality and this one is a real win for me, it has optimal resistance both in click and scrolling and still works and feels great after about half a year.
- buttons are optimal, nothing bad about them, just solid.

RKPM:
- software is slow with many unnecesary features, main negative is slow saving of settings to the mouse.
- in comparison to the classic roccat kone, this one is smaller. Length is still good, but last two fingers do not have enough space on the side, when I hold it I squeeze my hand a little too much. And you can't use dpi switch button on the fly, because they are simply too close to your palm. But overall shape is great, thumb buttons have good placement.
- simple design with just a few lines makes this mouse very easy to clean, which is really important for me and it was one of the reasons I decided for it.
- main negative for me is the scroll wheel. it has ok click resistance, a little more scroll resistance, but it already shows some weaknesses - when you scroll it all around, it doesn't match scroll point with position at one point and you have to move it for a few more degrees to make a scroll step. Little higher scroll resistance already made it little loose and when you scroll down, it tends to make clicky sound as it wiggles.
- all buttons are good, no weird sounds, all feel solid.

So If I compare them:
Both have good buttons.
Both are lighter than my old Roccat Kone even without any added weights in it.
RKPM has slightly better ergonomics, CMSA is bigger and thus more suitable for palm grip.
CMSA has better wheel.
CMSA has better software:-)

I hope, I have made a good picture of my experience with them. If anything is unclear to you, just tell me and I will try to reformulate or further explain.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 January 2015, 16:12:11 by Rhosta »

Offline whitefang

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 03:49:46 »
Any reason the Kone XTD Optical isn't on this list? Doesn't it use the same S3988 as the DA? Has there just not been enough testing on the XTD to say whether it has smoothing and acceleration or not?

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #217 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 08:04:52 »
Does anyone have any recommendations for a wider mouse that supports the pinky but also has mouse wheel tilt? I absolutely need mouse wheel tilt, i'm so damn used it from the G7 back in the day.
i'm using the G502 right now but it's a little skinny.

I should add that i had the Roccat Kone+ but even that wasn't quite wide enough for my liking although i used it for like a year or 2.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 16:50:31 »
Any reason the Kone XTD Optical isn't on this list? Doesn't it use the same S3988 as the DA? Has there just not been enough testing on the XTD to say whether it has smoothing and acceleration or not?

There a few models that are on the list to be added. I have not updated the guide in a while, but I will update and improve it in a few weeks once things settle down at work.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 21:21:50 »
haven't been following the market for a while, looking forward to the update. i was content with my Avior 7000 until i tried a friend's Sensei Raw.. blows the Avior out of the water comfort wise. even the buttons feel better despite both using Omron, probably because the Avior's buttons have harder outer shells.

Offline whitefang

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 17:13:29 »

There a few models that are on the list to be added. I have not updated the guide in a while, but I will update and improve it in a few weeks once things settle down at work.

Great to hear.  Thanks!

Offline doubleint

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:25:10 »
I just bought a Roccat Kone Pure Military and I'm really excited to try it out. After the many years of abuse I put my G500 through it was time for a new mouse. I'm hoping it's comfortable, I have small hands so I think I should be okay.

Offline davidbag

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:16:55 »
Good evening,
I bought the Logitech G502 and I was fine with it, but the last days I am feeling my hand "hurt & tiered" with it! I have my hand not too small, but when I tried it was fine, so I bought it! I like his HW and would love something to change for! something as good as Logitech G502 but more comfortable!
But I have MAC OS X (iMac 27") , and not all works well with! I thought on the Steelseries Wireless, or Cyborg RAT 9, Roccat Tyon, or anything else money it is not a problem! I tried also Razer Naga 2014 but between Logitech, I prefer Logitech!

Can anyone advise me something?

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 02:22:54 »

Are we getting any closer to this update? Looking forward to seeing it.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 07:34:50 »

Are we getting any closer to this update? Looking forward to seeing it.

Yes we are :). I had never imagined this guide would be visited this many times, and I feel a responsibility to keep it somewhat up to date. It will be a gradual one however, so I will start adding things one by one, and changing some small things in the guide, instead of doing one huge overhaul. I will start with the most popular mice that came out since the last update of the guide.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:57:54 »
Good evening,
I bought the Logitech G502 and I was fine with it, but the last days I am feeling my hand "hurt & tiered" with it! I have my hand not too small, but when I tried it was fine, so I bought it! I like his HW and would love something to change for! something as good as Logitech G502 but more comfortable!
But I have MAC OS X (iMac 27") , and not all works well with! I thought on the Steelseries Wireless, or Cyborg RAT 9, Roccat Tyon, or anything else money it is not a problem! I tried also Razer Naga 2014 but between Logitech, I prefer Logitech!

G303

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:21:38 »
My suspicion 1: more expensive mouse is not always better mouse.
My suspicion 2: there are some minor differences in mice (e. g. sensor quality), but none that would justify a difference in price from 20€ to 100€.
My suspicion 3: crappy plastic everywhere. You can praise the lord when its not toxic.
My suspicion 4: there is no mouse for huge hands.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:24:51 by Eszett »

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 00:53:22 »
Good evening,

G303

Love the G303 sensor and everything about it but from what I'm reading I cannot recommend it for comfort. Many complain about an awkward grip on it with the sides sticking out too much.
I'm guessing it was recommended for the same sensor (PMW3366) which then I would agree, if the sensor is a priority then G303 is the only option.
I would love to try it out soon though... or they should release this exact mouse in a G3/G400 shell.

If you liked the G503 sort of feel and want similar performing mice, with priority on comfort, I would look at Logitech G400s, Zowie EC1/2-a or FK2(FK2 not as comfortable), Steelseries Rival, Corsair M45, etc.
A lesser performing option, albeit good, would be a Razer Deathadder.
Heck, even Logitech's wireless mice are "good" if you really just want comfort (G700s, and the MX Master rofl).
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 01:08:31 by sorijealut »

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #228 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 14:37:57 »
so which mouse should i buy?
i play csgo..
450\400 dpi and Palm Grip.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #229 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:19:38 »
i play csgo..

I would look at Steelseries Rival, Zowie EC1/2-a, FK2(not really palm grip), or other Steelseries mice like Sensei or Kinzu.

G502 has one of the best sensors and is palm grip but it's a bit heavy for CSGO imo. Sensei and Kinzu have older sensors.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:21:12 by sorijealut »

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #230 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:39:29 »
i play csgo..

I would look at Steelseries Rival, Zowie EC1/2-a, FK2(not really palm grip), or other Steelseries mice like Sensei or Kinzu.

G502 has one of the best sensors and is palm grip but it's a bit heavy for CSGO imo. Sensei and Kinzu have older sensors.
hmm i try the fk2 on friend home and i was good to my hand little bit small but ok..
g502 look to much big!
so what u think... .
how is da13?
btw im right hand.. g502 look left hand

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:45:58 »
i play csgo..

hmm i try the fk2 on friend home and i was good to my hand little bit small but ok..
g502 look to much big!
so what u think... .
how is da13?

Ahh, I see. Yeah I agree on FK2, the size is a little small if you want to palm grip (there's no round groove that extends to your inner palm).
The G502 is kind of like an MX518/G400 shell. I wish it was. There's lot of buttons and I didn't know how to grip it. It's definitely right-handed, but It does have some funky edges and angles.
The Deathadder is a decent choice. But my friend who was using it switched to FK1 after trying it lol. Now he can't seem to go back.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:48:20 by sorijealut »

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:04:36 »
i play csgo..

g502 look to much big!
so what u think... .
how is da13?

Ahh, I see. Yeah I agree on FK2, the size is a little small if you want to palm grip (there's no round groove that extends to your inner palm).
The G502 is kind of like an MX518/G400 shell. I wish it was. There's lot of buttons and I didn't know how to grip it. It's definitely right-handed, but It does have some funky edges and angles.
The Deathadder is a decent choice. But my friend who was using it switched to FK1 after trying it lol. Now he can't seem to go back.
so what do u think fk2 ?
i heard like he have lag or something like this ..but i know hes sensor very good
i see a lot of players useing the rival.. but i heard hes sensor die after 2\1 month and i didnt like the rival :>
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:06:46 by zoro1544 »

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:21:43 »
i play csgo..

g502 look to much big!
so what u think... .
how is da13?

so what do u think fk2 ?
i heard like he have lag or something like this ..but i know hes sensor very good
i see a lot of players useing the rival.. but i heard hes sensor die after 2\1 month and i didnt like the rival :>

The FK2 is an amazing mouse. I use the FK1 myself and what I got is consistency that allowed me to build up muscle memory to get better.
I don't think it's flawless but it's the closest thing I've used up to date. A softer left-right click and minute changes in the dimensions/shape would make it the perfect mouse for me.
Sensor wise, the Rival and FK2 both use the same sensor, the Avago 3310. It has to be one of my favorite sensors.
The Rival is a little heavier and larger. If you have liked anything like an Intellimouse 3.0 in the past, then there would be no better choice. It's a shame I can't give any direct review on it because I haven't used it extensively, but I remember watching this video for a good comparison:

Rival review:

edit: Your friend must have been talking about button lag on the FK series. Yes, there's a very small lag and it's a little more tiring than your usual mouse.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 21:38:52 by sorijealut »

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 22:06:21 »

[/quote]

The FK2 is an amazing mouse. I use the FK1 myself and what I got is consistency that allowed me to build up muscle memory to get better.
I don't think it's flawless but it's the closest thing I've used up to date. A softer left-right click and minute changes in the dimensions/shape would make it the perfect mouse for me.
Sensor wise, the Rival and FK2 both use the same sensor, the Avago 3310. It has to be one of my favorite sensors.
The Rival is a little heavier and larger. If you have liked anything like an Intellimouse 3.0 in the past, then there would be no better choice. It's a shame I can't give any direct review on it because I haven't used it extensively, but I remember watching this video for a good comparison:

Rival review:

edit: Your friend must have been talking about button lag on the FK series. Yes, there's a very small lag and it's a little more tiring than your usual mouse.
[/quote]
right now im with the ec2..
will buy the fk2 or ec2-a which have better sensor?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 11:36:36 »

Rival review:

EC2-a also uses the same Avago 3310 :thumb:

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:24:05 »

Rival review:

OK TY BRO
NOW FOR MY FRIEND :
he have 3 mouse he want to buy:
1.Logitech G302
2.steelseries sensei raw
3.Logitech G100s
he play also csgo//
which one is the best ? :
thank for thelp
btw - i buy the fk2 is amazing! which mouse pad should i use with him?
and how much mouse hz ?
thank u
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:45:52 by zoro1544 »

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 21:52:58 »

Rival review:

OK TY BRO
NOW FOR MY FRIEND :
1.Logitech G302
2.steelseries sensei raw
3.Logitech G100s
he play also csgo//
thank for thelp

Sure thing friend.
It would depend on what he likes best. Now we're entering territory of personal preference.
They have old sensors and in my opinion not the top choice, but I think when it comes to gaming mice it doesn't matter TOO much as long as you can play well with it.
With long time use, it shouldn't matter that much what equipment you have.
Does your friend know the G303? G303 has the 3366 sensor, might want to look at that. G302 is good for dota, idk how good it is.
G100s was used by some pros before. I do love the shape. I can't give you my personal experience on these.
My favorite sensors are 3310 an 3366 so that's just what I go by recently.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2015, 22:00:04 by sorijealut »

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #238 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 22:01:24 »

Rival review:

OK TY BRO
NOW FOR MY FRIEND :
1.Logitech G302
2.steelseries sensei raw
3.Logitech G100s
he play also csgo//
thank for thelp

Sure thing friend.
It would depend on what he likes best. Now we're entering territory of personal preference.
They have old sensors and in my opinion not the top choice, but I think when it comes to gaming mice it doesn't matter TOO much as long as you can play well with it.
Does your friend know the G303? G303 has the 3366 sensor, might want to look at that. G302 is good for dota, idk how good it is.
G100s was used by some pros before. I do love the shape. I can't give you my personal experience on these.
he see shroud with g302 and he say this mouse look good :S
g303 look like g302 ..
anyway if g303 for dota i he will buy the sensei raw\g100s ..
which sensor g100s use ?:P
btw on the fk2 1000hz or 500hz?
ty

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 22:13:38 »

Rival review:

OK TY BRO
NOW FOR MY FRIEND :
1.Logitech G302
2.steelseries sensei raw
3.Logitech G100s
he play also csgo//
thank for thelp

Sure thing friend.
g303 look like g302 ..
ty

I think the G302 and G100s both use the same sensor, AM010.
I can't help you with G100s too much. Shroud used to use it, now he's on a G303.
1000hz on the FK2, you will get the right settings after you try it out. 400dpi/1000hz works for me.

Offline zoro1544

« Reply #240 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 22:17:33 »

Rival review:

OK TY BRO
NOW FOR MY FRIEND :
1.Logitech G302
2.steelseries sensei raw
3.Logitech G100s
he play also csgo//
thank for thelp

Sure thing friend.
g303 look like g302 ..
ty

I think the G302 and G100s both use the same sensor, AM010.
I can't help you with G100s too much. Shroud used to use it, now he's on a G303.
1000hz on the FK2, you will get the right settings after you try it out. 400dpi/1000hz works for me.
on his stream his saying he use g302.. weird nvm
which mouse pad to use on the fk2?
steelseries 4hd or qck+ ?

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 11:04:36 »
Yeah his stream says it's g302 but it's actually g303.
I like QcK series. Heavy or +.
It's getting a little lengthy here so you can PM me if you have more questions  :thumb:

Offline davidbag

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 03:04:22 »
Good evening,

G303

Love the G303 sensor and everything about it but from what I'm reading I cannot recommend it for comfort. Many complain about an awkward grip on it with the sides sticking out too much.
I'm guessing it was recommended for the same sensor (PMW3366) which then I would agree, if the sensor is a priority then G303 is the only option.
I would love to try it out soon though... or they should release this exact mouse in a G3/G400 shell.

If you liked the G503 sort of feel and want similar performing mice, with priority on comfort, I would look at Logitech G400s, Zowie EC1/2-a or FK2(FK2 not as comfortable), Steelseries Rival, Corsair M45, etc.
A lesser performing option, albeit good, would be a Razer Deathadder.
Heck, even Logitech's wireless mice are "good" if you really just want comfort (G700s, and the MX Master rofl).

Good evening,

G303

Hi thanks for the answers and help!
I am trying one Naga Epic Chroma! I like, but it is not the kind of mouse that I do WOW!

I am looking first off all a Wireless mouse, because for me helps me a lot, but I can live with a wired mouse if I do not find a wireless good mouse!

I was looking for the RAT 9, The Sensei Wireless, Razer Naga Epic Chroma, or even the Logitech MX Master (just 1800dpi).

Who have already tested all of them, or give-me some lights  where I should go...PLEASE

Offline Doppelganger

• Ducky DK9008G2 Pro, PBT dye subs - Cherry Browns
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 08:38:15 »
I’m unclear on a particular mouse spec and was hoping someone here could clear things up a bit. People (mostly gamers) talk about acceleration as being a negative thing, yet a spec that is frequently referred to on mice is always present. For example the CM Storm Spawn’s acceleration is listed as 20G, while the Logitech G402’s is 15G. 

Is acceleration a good or a bad thing in this regard? In that case, is 15G better than 20G because there is less acceleration, or do I have that backwards and higher is better?
- There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 13:16:34 »
I�m unclear on a particular mouse spec and was hoping someone here could clear things up a bit. People (mostly gamers) talk about acceleration as being a negative thing, yet a spec that is frequently referred to on mice is always present. For example the CM Storm Spawn�s acceleration is listed as 20G, while the Logitech G402�s is 15G. 

Is acceleration a good or a bad thing in this regard? In that case, is 15G better than 20G because there is less acceleration, or do I have that backwards and higher is better?

That's an entirely different acceleration.  The 20G just means that the mouse can withstand 20Gs of acceleration before it stops tracking properly and is essentially irrelevant.  The acceleration you see people criticizing has to do with movement of the cursor based on your physical movement speed.  Ideally, if you move a mouse 10cm it simply moves X distance on-screen, regardless of how fast you move it.  With mouse acceleration, if you move the mouse 10cm at 1m/s it'll move a different distance on-screen than 10cm at 3m/s.  This adds another variable to aiming, since it's no longer a simple matter of moving your mouse but making sure you do it at the correct speed.  But the biggest problem is that it turns out the acceleration usually isn't even consistent (logitech apparently likes to call it speed-related accuracy variance to reflect this).

Article with more about this as well as some other stuff worth reading:

http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-mouse-myths-busted/
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 13:20:31 by a_ak57 »

Offline Doppelganger

• Ducky DK9008G2 Pro, PBT dye subs - Cherry Browns
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 15:27:20 »
^ Great explanation, thanks a_a. I was mainly asking, because I just ordered up a G402 that features 15G acceleration, which is actually a bit lower than my previous mouse can handle. At the same time, it can handle MUCH higher IPS. Go figure! To mu current understanding, it seems both would need to be higher, to work in tandem with on another. How can a mouse handle more IPS but use less acceleration to get there? lol. Then again its Logitech's Fusion Engine and may be an entirely different beast.

I will definitely read up on it a bit more with the link you provided.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2015, 15:31:14 by Doppelganger »
- There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Offline ZFR

Using non-native CPIs
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 18:31:01 »
Hi,

I have a question regarding using mice in non-native CPI.

I'm using Logitech G400s, which has a Avago ADNS S3095 sensor, which if I'm not mistaken has a native CPIs of 800 and 3600 (correct me if I'm wrong here...).

I find 800 CPI setting a bit too slow, while 3600 way too fast (I want to stay at 6/11). 1200 is just about right.

Now I understand that using non-native CPI means interpolation has to be done by the sensor, but if the CPI I'm running at is an integer divisor of native CPI, then the interpolation is trivial, right? So using a mouse at for example 1200 or 1800 CPI with a 3600 sensor should have no effect on performance, and no jitter or any other problems. Is that correct, or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Offline Ultimo

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:28:45 »
For what it's worth my share of experience with the Corsair M45 mouse.
I noticed the starting post and follow ups did have a couple of unanswered questions.

Forgive me for my english btw.

I do think this m45 of mine is a great gaming mouse, it does have the loose scrolling wheel.
So when throwing the mouse around while gaming, will result in the well known rattle.

I am using it intensivly and dont notice any surface wear, which is good.
The surface does tend to hold fatty substances for a long time, so sweaty palms and doritos fingers ;)
The sleeved cord is a good quality one, my old g500 mouses did give in and didnt like getting fumbled, corsair doesnt mind.

Also, the shape of the mouse doesnt seem to be comfortable for long sessions at first look.
But after gaming 1year/1.5years i dont have any complaints in my joints in my hand.

Feel free to ask me anything, will try to monitor this thread the coming days.

Offline Bucake

Re: Using non-native CPIs
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 12:39:04 »
I'm using Logitech G400s, which has a Avago ADNS S3095 sensor, which if I'm not mistaken has a native CPIs of 800 and 3600 (correct me if I'm wrong here...).

Now I understand that using non-native CPI means interpolation has to be done by the sensor, but if the CPI I'm running at is an integer divisor of native CPI, then the interpolation is trivial, right? So using a mouse at for example 1200 or 1800 CPI with a 3600 sensor should have no effect on performance, and no jitter or any other problems. Is that correct, or am I missing something here?

it's 800 and 4000 for the G400S. (it was the G400 that has 800 and 3600.)

i suggest taking your question about interpolation over to overclock.net.
in the mice section, they have a bunch of very knowledgeable people.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline ReThorb_

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 11:34:15 »
Hi there,

I was wondering what sensor (or mouse) I should get for 1200/1400dpi and 100% in-game mouse sensitivity.
Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

ReThorb_

Edit: I am a user of a laser mouse with accelr. turned off (I can't tell if thats 100% legit) and I am wondering if switching to optical will make a difference.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2015, 11:38:52 by ReThorb_ »