geekhack Marketplace > GMK/UNIQEY

New Trays: Eco Friendly and More Compact!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Enemy:
While I had a couple of the keys in the top tray flip, there did seem to be any damage to the caps. The trays cracked on one side but that didn't seem to matter much either. My problem has always been with the other keys that don't come in the big trays (new or old). I have a box entirely dedicated to extra keys of gmk sets because of these small trays you provide. Once the shrinkwrap is opened they are useless, and everything just flies all over the place. By now I try to make as small of a hole as possible to keep them in there better but these are trays I was hoping you would redesign while you are at it. I assume that sooner or later you'll also make them biodegradable but I sincerely hope that you make them a permanent storage solution for those keys and not just a shipping aid.

GMK_Andy:

--- Quote from: Enemy on Sun, 26 April 2020, 15:58:12 ---I sincerely hope that you make them a permanent storage solution for those keys and not just a shipping aid.

--- End quote ---

Yes, so this is something many people don't understand yet. They are definitely more geared towards being a shipping aid (and we have currently added wrap to make them much more stiff during shipping to prevent the caps from moving at all), and they aren't a perfect long term storage solution yet by any means. It does make sense to continue to look into ways to make them better at long term storage as well though, and something we certainly are looking into.

Thanks for the feedback!

bobgr8:
Who ever designed this tray did not take customs inspections into consideration. It is impossible to visually inspect it without opening it up, and there is a high possibility of custom losing some keycaps.

My recent shipment was inspected by my customs, and the "M" key was dropped outside the GMK box (within the vendors box). Thank god for that, it didn't fall outside.

Quteno:

--- Quote from: GMK_Andy on Tue, 19 May 2020, 15:38:50 ---Yes, so this is something many people don't understand yet. They are definitely more geared towards being a shipping aid (and we have currently added wrap to make them much more stiff during shipping to prevent the caps from moving at all), and they aren't a perfect long term storage solution yet by any means.
--- End quote ---
And I think that this whole point defeats your "eco friendly" approach. Because after I trash this tray, I need to go online and buy plastic trays from JTK, or some other plastic containers to store my keys in.
Not really eco-friendly in any way. At least the old trays I could reuse.

Prelim:
"eco" profit making, new trays are complete garbage! The old trays can be really used/re-used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version