Author Topic: Post your key caps thread  (Read 695762 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Post your key caps thread
« Reply #2300 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:11:26 »
Why did this thread die while I was gone

Full eva collection.

I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2301 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:38:41 »
I'm wondering whether it should be in the media section ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2302 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:41:59 »

Show Image

Full eva collection.

2nd row, 3rd from right, where did you get this?

the time for that is long passed

but yeah we should put this in media
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2303 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 23:40:55 »

Show Image

Full eva collection.

2nd row, 3rd from right, where did you get this?

the time for that is long passed

but yeah we should put this in media

Got it from an auction feng had last year, it was a pack with all the black caps.
I love Elzy

Offline Artonkn

« Reply #2304 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 10:00:08 »
Mines probably pretty standard.

Where did you get the yellow caps?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2305 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 01:29:06 »
Mines probably pretty standard.

Where did you get the yellow caps?

Possibly WASD?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2306 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 03:10:07 »
RGBY fun =)

Show Image

Whats the name for the green one is this photo? Toxic mistake? i love it.....
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #2307 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 19:51:47 »
I only have one.. but I love it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 December 2014, 19:54:10 by 8BitCartoon »

Offline Firefly303

« Reply #2308 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 15:18:22 »
Holy ****, that's sick!

you make it?

dead thread is dead...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2309 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:47:05 »
Reply #2307 on: 08-12-2014, 10:51:47
Reply #2308 on: 08-09-2015, 06:18:22

How has this thread been dead for so long? :eek:

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2310 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:56:36 »

Holy ****, that's sick!

you make it?

dead thread is dead...

That's a bluetrabe by Clack Factory.

And people around here don't love it when you reply to a thread that was dead. Try not to do that.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2311 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 22:02:09 »

Holy ****, that's sick!

you make it?

dead thread is dead...

That's a bluetrabe by Clack Factory.

And people around here don't love it when you reply to a thread that was dead. Try not to do that.

No reason why this thread shouldn't be - it has been around for a long time, and got lots of nice pictures in it.

Nowadays we seem to have a thread dedicated to each artisan, but for those keycaps not made by an artisan this would be a good place to post them.

Also I still think it should be in the media section.

Offline Firefly303

« Reply #2312 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 22:38:15 »
^

Guess being hostile is more fun to some people. Shame. I use to be really active back in 2012-2013 when this thread was very popular. :) its sad to see it dead now.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2313 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 00:12:11 »
^

Guess being hostile is more fun to some people. Shame. I use to be really active back in 2012-2013 when this thread was very popular. :) its sad to see it dead now.

Maybe it should be moved to the media section .................

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2314 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 06:10:40 »

^

Could you pls tell me what part was hostile?  I answered your question and politely tried to be helpful to you. Accusing people of being hostile is not polite or helpful.
I'm back.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2315 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 06:12:18 »
Also, there are several other threads you might be interested in if you liked this one, mainly in the media section. Sry I can't link to them I'm on mobile but they should be near the top there.
I'm back.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2316 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 06:42:57 »
^

hpn is the FARTHEST thing from a "hostile" member. He was just pointing out some forum etiquette that certain people tend to freak out about.

I personally think this thread is fine to necro instead of starting a whole new one because the topic is always so relevant.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2317 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 21:46:01 »
^

hpn is the FARTHEST thing from a "hostile" member. He was just pointing out some forum etiquette that certain people tend to freak out about.

I personally think this thread is fine to necro instead of starting a whole new one because the topic is always so relevant.

+1

There are dedicated threads for some (if not most) artisan keycaps, but there are plenty of other special keycaps that people like to show, and nowhere to specifically collect those pictures.

And I still think this should be in the media section :p

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2318 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 22:02:02 »
Wtf 18k posts Rowdy. Can i be your apprentice?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2319 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 16:16:16 »

Your wish is my command.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2320 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 16:17:06 »
Only took 4 years...
I love Elzy

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #2321 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 16:20:33 »

Your wish is my command.

Your command is my wish.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2322 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:56:43 »

Your wish is my command.

:-*

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2323 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 22:25:10 »
Only took 4 years...

It's a slow process.

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #2324 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 17:01:13 »
Can't believe this thread had no new posts in 9 months...time to revive it!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #2325 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:57:44 »
Can't believe this thread had no new posts in 9 months...time to revive it!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How are you liking the side-printed keys?

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #2326 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 12:08:07 »
How are you liking the side-printed keys?

I like them a lot. These thick PBT keycaps (1.5mm) feel more firm and higher quality than the ones I was using before. I also like that the legends won't rub off anymore since they're on the side now. The only downside is that the legends are a little bit dark, so it can be hard to see at times.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2327 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 14:32:53 »
Oh man. So many cool ass people in the first pages. I miss the old gh ;-;
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2328 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 04:31:13 »
me too...
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2329 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 04:45:26 »
So many old school keycaps on the first few pages too.

Everyone's Clacks and Bros and KWKs and everything these days, but we had humble beginnings.