Author Topic: Project Find My 456!  (Read 33765 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Project Find My 456!
« on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:47:20 »
Ok so about two weeks ago I bought a Pink 456gt from yuktsi, it was packaged very well and made it to the US in one piece. But then USPS got their hands on it...

Background:

POS Malaysia required that the box yuktsi used be wrapped before all the shipping labels could be placed on it.

Here is the packaging before the wrapper.

According to customs the box weighed 4.8kg when it arrived at LAX so I'm sure the box arrived in the US fine. USPS state side tracking shows that after it left LAX it went by ground to Chicago. This annoys me a bit, when you pay for international priority your items should be flown not trailered to your destination.

Anyways, at some point between LA and Chicago the wrapper I talked about earlier fell off so the box became unidentifiable. After this occurred USPS simply crumpled up the wrapper, placed it in a "Sorry we messed up" bag and delivered the wrapper to me. 

106855-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Project Find My 456!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:47:31 »
Current Update

8/3: Today I received a letter from the mail recovery center saying they have my claim and will begin searching for it until the "retention period" is over.

Past Updates

7/27: Insurance paperwork started in case it can't be found

7/28: Mail recovery filed with USPS

7/29: Waiting to hear back from the USPS rep about the mail recovery center. I've filled out the forms and sent in pictures of the box before it was wrapped. Yuktsi taking pictures of every step is really helping.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 16:56:42 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:49:45 »
Fill out Claim Form 1000 from the post office or online to start a search for your package at the Mail Recovery Center (MRC). This form asks for specific details about the contents of your package. The employees at the MRC use this information to hunt for the contents of your package in the landscape of items from other lost mail packages. Calls can be made to 1-404-344-1625 [FAX or MODEM #].

Edit: looks like you already did this. I think it's your only hope.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:53:02 »
Yeah, thanks for the recommendation. I'll save the phone number should I need it. USPS has been pretty responsive and helpful since I mentioned it was insured for $1000. I'm just trying to get everything moving as soon as possible figuring it'll increase my chances of success.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:58:26 »
Best of luck with the search, Joey.  :-/  I'll be following this story, hoping for a happy ending.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:02:52 »
You have my support Joey, hope this will end up fine.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:05:08 »
 :'(
That is so sad. I feel for you!
Good luck, I hope they are able to recover it. 
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:07:03 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:00:48 by esoomenona »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:09:12 »
Good luck man. Out of all the packages to be lost or messed up, It just had to be a 456...  :mad:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:18:38 »
Good luck Joey.  Hopefully everything turns works out without any issues.  Wish I could offer more help.  :(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:28:51 »
For future reference, that box is WAY too big for a keyboard that size. There's no reason for it, and the size of the box is most likely the reason it failed to maintain the small item within. The packaging surrounding it fails to serve it's purpose as it has too much room to move, and provides too much cushion, which, as counter-intuitive as it sounds, is a bad thing.

A smaller box, that is made of sturdy cardboard, with foam surrounding the keyboard would have been much more sufficient packaging, and likely would have saved on shipping.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind if/when I ever ship a metal board.

Good luck man. Out of all the packages to be lost or messed up, It just had to be a 456...  :mad:

I know! It's the only real mail issue I've ever had and it just had to be the expensive board.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:36:56 »
Praying for you, bro.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 18:07:51 »
What the **** man. I seriously can't believe that it's been stolen. Because, let's face it, it can't be damaged that badly by accident, especially being the size it is.

Edit: Was the wrap clean off and the box empty when you got it? What did it look like? I've only seen that little snapchat of it.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 18:24:03 »
What the **** man. I seriously can't believe that it's been stolen. Because, let's face it, it can't be damaged that badly by accident, especially being the size it is.

Edit: Was the wrap clean off and the box empty when you got it? What did it look like? I've only seen that little snapchat of it.

The bag has been through hell, it's torn to shreds in some places and USPS delivered it crumpled up in the "Sorry for the damage" bag. I never received the box. It appears to have fallen out of the wrapper.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 18:34:31 »
I will find it...!
I love Elzy

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 18:41:24 »
I will find it...!

Please do!  :))

Best of luck to ya.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 18:56:21 »
Wait, wait, wait...

The wrapping FELL OFF the box. So rather than try to repair the wrapping when it started to break, and therefore save your board, they decided to leave it and let it fall off, leaving an unidentifiable brown box floating around somewhere between the Western Seaboard and the windy city.

Incredible.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 19:12:08 »
Wait, wait, wait...

The wrapping FELL OFF the box. So rather than try to repair the wrapping when it started to break, and therefore save your board, they decided to leave it and let it fall off, leaving an unidentifiable brown box floating around somewhere between the Western Seaboard and the windy city.

Incredible.

Yep, I'm hoping the Korea Express tape that yuktsi covered the box in will help identify it.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 20:36:18 »
That sucks, was looking forward to pics :( I hope it gets found safely

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:17:18 »
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you Joey. I had a bit of a USPS scare when my 356 Mini was being delivered, as I had moved recently and had to try and tell the post office to hold the package for me rather than trying to deliver it to the wrong address and marking it as undeliverable (they love to do that and return it to sender around here). Wasn't international thank god, but I've had international packages returned to sender and it can be a headache.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:25:19 »
It's almost like the shady postal worker saw how carefully packaged it was and thought it had to be worth something even though they have no idea about korean kb's...really sucks man, I hope it shows up.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:29:00 »
It's almost like the shady postal worker saw how carefully packaged it was and thought it had to be worth something even though they have no idea about korean kb's...really sucks man, I hope it shows up.

The packing label on the box showed that it was insured for $1000 so that's possible. It'd be the ****tiest of ****ty things to do but some people just don't care.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:31:18 »
lol, we sincerely hope we did not inconvenience you by completely losing your $1000 package.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:34:32 »
If it was stolen (knocking on wood), I would also keep an eye on Craigslist (So Cal) and eBay if usps doesn't find it soon. Not trying to scare you just trying to help you cover all the bases.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 21:35:45 »
lol, we sincerely hope we did not inconvenience you by completely losing your $1000 package.

The "Sorry" bag doesn't even have a phone number or email on it. It has no information regarding fixing the mistake or finding the package. They really need to redo the bag.

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 22:11:43 »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 456? Korean custom?

Good luck finding it.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 22:51:44 »

Good luck finding it.
Yep! A board made by OTD. Comes in black and pink

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:21:05 »
I feel for you buddy :(. Hope everything works out in the end.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:23:34 »

Good luck finding it.
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:25:51 »
For future reference, that box is WAY too big for a keyboard that size. There's no reason for it, and the size of the box is most likely the reason it failed to maintain the small item within. The packaging surrounding it fails to serve it's purpose as it has too much room to move, and provides too much cushion, which, as counter-intuitive as it sounds, is a bad thing.

A smaller box, that is made of sturdy cardboard, with foam surrounding the keyboard would have been much more sufficient packaging, and likely would have saved on shipping.
No. The box is completely packed with PE foam to ensure there's now way for such an expensive board to be damaged in the shipping. There's no room for moving at all.

I am truly sorry to hear this. The board was very well packed. I have filed a complaint Pos Malaysia, hope that you can find it back. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:30:07 by yuktsi »
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:28:00 »

Good luck finding it.
Show Image

I'm still too cheap for that Mio cap but I want it so bad
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:29:21 »
Lets just lojack all boards over $300.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:33:09 »

Good luck finding it.
Show Image

I'm still too cheap for that Mio cap but I want it so bad
Shoot me a pm.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:35:31 »
Wow, just saw this thread. Crazy!!!

I have to agree that the box seems excessive, but maybe yuktsi knows something we don't about standard package sizes and international shipping. Maybe a smaller "irregular" package would actually cost more because it's not stackable. And I'm sure the rest of the box wasn't just empty space, I'm sure he filled it with packing material.

I wonder how easy/hard it would be to steal someone's package. I mean, the thought must come up often for postal workers. I'm sure there's a ton of accountability to prevent theft. So I'm sure the box is around somewhere in a storage spot for unclaimed/unmarked packages.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 00:51:37 »
Wow, just saw this thread. Crazy!!!

I have to agree that the box seems excessive, but maybe yuktsi knows something we don't about standard package sizes and international shipping. Maybe a smaller "irregular" package would actually cost more because it's not stackable. And I'm sure the rest of the box wasn't just empty space, I'm sure he filled it with packing material.

I wonder how easy/hard it would be to steal someone's package. I mean, the thought must come up often for postal workers. I'm sure there's a ton of accountability to prevent theft. So I'm sure the box is around somewhere in a storage spot for unclaimed/unmarked packages.
I had bad with experience with receiving board with dents on it due to the poor packaging. The feeling is just bad.
That's why I rather go with the excessive packaging rather than taking the risk of damaging it or to save shipping cost.
Remember this?

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline justnits

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 01:04:01 »
I had bad with experience with receiving board with dents on it due to the poor packaging. The feeling is just bad.
That's why I rather go with the excessive packaging rather than taking the risk of damaging it or to save shipping cost.
Remember this?

Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
omigosh! i thought it was some fancy photographing shot with fish eye lens until i finally understood the picture  :confused: :eek: :'(
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline YongJK

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 06:21:45 »
Remember this?

Show Image

omigosh! i thought it was some fancy photographing shot with fish eye lens until i finally understood the picture  :confused: :eek: :'(
even lz board failed to pass the #bendgate

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:15:43 »
Please keep the thread updated Joey (if its not a hassle for you) as I was thinking about this again last night  and again this morning so decided to check on it 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:20:50 »
Remember this?

Show Image

even lz board failed to pass the #bendgate

China Post wanted to let us know that they're the best machine shop around.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:31:26 »
:( This sucks Joey hope you get some word on what happened with it, I'm going to guess you will get it back as its kind of hard to completely lose something in a box that large, hopefully you hear something soon wish you luck :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:35:06 »
I really hate USPS.

I mail my paychecks from my jobs up to my bank at school as they don't have mobile deposit. I had over $2000 in two envelopes properly labeled and all sent out. Took over 3 weeks and then they magically showed up together at the bank when we finally escalated the investigation. Such BS.

I really hope this turns out well for you Joey. Contact your post master and start a **** storm. The best way to get something done is to do just that.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:49:59 »
Hope you'll get your board back, Joey!

I mail my paychecks from my jobs up to my bank at school as they don't have mobile deposit. I had over $2000 in two envelopes properly labeled and all sent out. Took over 3 weeks and then they magically showed up together at the bank when we finally escalated the investigation. Such BS.
Checks....
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:53:29 by wlhlm »

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:52:33 »
Fingers crossed for ya bud.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:58:54 »
Best of luck, I'll be watching this thread closely
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 11:32:35 »
That's an unnecessarily big box. I'm with moose on that. Smaller + foam = less trouble

I honestly don't think you should have sent usps those packaging pictures. That's terribly packed and usps is anal about what they considered properly packed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2015, 11:40:55 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 12:02:04 »
Re: ideas of mail theft.

Hanlon's razor folks. Even the most rare and fancy keyboard is pennies compared to what USPS moves every day. Further, there are super stiff penalties, and the postal inspection service is equipped like, and more competent than, the FBI. No foul play here, just incompetence.

Hopefully eventually your 456 makes it home.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 12:30:24 »
That's an unnecessarily big box. I'm with moose on that. Smaller + foam = less trouble

I honestly don't think you should have sent usps those packaging pictures. That's terribly packed and usps is anal about what they considered properly packed.
Well it's too late now. Do you know if that would impact them paying the insurance if they can't find it?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:11:37 »

Well it's too late now. Do you know if that would impact them paying the insurance if they can't find it?

Well it was lost. Can't really blame poor packaging for a lost item. Unless USPS is dead set on not wanting to pay 1k (which is another issue) and blames the flimsy box for it being lost.

Good luck bro. I've argued over $300 and USPS basically told me to go **** myself.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:13:23 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:16:06 »

Well it was lost. Can't really blame poor packaging for a lost item. Unless USPS is dead set on not wanting to pay 1k (which is another issue) and blames the flimsy box for it being lost.

Good luck bro. I've argued over 300 and USPS basically told me to go **** myself.
I'll start a flaming **** storm if they tell me to **** off. I'm either getting the board or my money and I'm not afraid to yell at people and pull out all the stops.

Offline Shaussman

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:40:30 »

It should be perfectly fine as long as the foam isn't super soft. Sure, it's a bit big, but that shouldn't be an issue.
MX Brown Quickfire XT | MX Clear WASD VP3 | MX Blue Ducky Zero