Author Topic: Project Find My 456!  (Read 34094 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Project Find My 456!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 13:52:44 »
That's an unnecessarily big box. I'm with moose on that. Smaller + foam = less trouble

It should be perfectly fine as long as the foam isn't super soft. Sure, it's a bit big, but that shouldn't be an issue.
No, it's too big. There is way too many gaps between the foam because of it. Something smaller and tightly packed with fitting foam would have been 100x better.

And let's not even bring up the fact that box is in horrible shape. It's not a new box, so it has already lost its strength. Hell in the last picture it's not even square anymore. Again, this SHOULDNT matter if it's lost. But companies will find any excuse to not pay.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 01:49:59 »
Bro, just saw this. I'm so so sorry. I lived in China for 13 years and understand how incredibly frustrating this type of crap is. Dealing with government agencies is such a nightmare of red tape and inefficiencies.

I'll lift up some prayers that your lost board finds its way home to you.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 02:34:10 »
wow that really sucks god bless and good luck

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 02:37:55 »
Hope you find your board. I know it's worth more to you than the money.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 03:32:33 »

That's an unnecessarily big box. I'm with moose on that. Smaller + foam = less trouble

It should be perfectly fine as long as the foam isn't super soft. Sure, it's a bit big, but that shouldn't be an issue.
No, it's too big. There is way too many gaps between the foam because of it. Something smaller and tightly packed with fitting foam would have been 100x better.

And let's not even bring up the fact that box is in horrible shape. It's not a new box, so it has already lost its strength. Hell in the last picture it's not even square anymore. Again, this SHOULDNT matter if it's lost. But companies will find any excuse to not pay.
I'm with demik here. The box is way too big. In fact it must have cost more to ship because of volumetric weight as well.

The reason it was flown to LAX is because we have direct flight from Malaysia to LAX non-stop. I'm not surprised that it wasn't flown from LAX to Chicago as I've seen this pattern before in previous shipping so I'm guessing it's a normal practice.

Sorry that this happened. Wishing you the best of luck Joey!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 16:57:31 »
Anyone know what the retention period for the USPS mail recovery center is? They say they have my claim and will begin searching for it.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 16:59:44 »
Anyone know what the retention period for the USPS mail recovery center is? They say they have my claim and will begin searching for it.
More
Either one year or 180 days, not sure which.

"Under current procedures, information about undeliverable accountable mail items (Insured Mail, Registered Mail, and COD mail) is logged into a national claims database and the accountable article is held for 1 year from the date of receipt, the maximum time limit allowed for filing a claim from the mailing date. The Postal Service proposes that retention periods for accountable mail be shortened to 180 days from the date of receipt to match the new proposed maximum time limit allowed for filing a claim. This also would relieve capacity constraints on MRCs."

Source: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2002-12-06/html/02-30935.htm

Edit: Although I'm not sure if the recovery center is included in "accountable mail items" ? Will keep looking.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:08:31 by Lastpilot »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:27:50 »
More
Either one year or 180 days, not sure which.

"Under current procedures, information about undeliverable accountable mail items (Insured Mail, Registered Mail, and COD mail) is logged into a national claims database and the accountable article is held for 1 year from the date of receipt, the maximum time limit allowed for filing a claim from the mailing date. The Postal Service proposes that retention periods for accountable mail be shortened to 180 days from the date of receipt to match the new proposed maximum time limit allowed for filing a claim. This also would relieve capacity constraints on MRCs."

Source: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2002-12-06/html/02-30935.htm

Edit: Although I'm not sure if the recovery center is included in "accountable mail items" ? Will keep looking.

Thanks Last! At this point any info is helpful. According to USPS they'll keep me updated as they continue to search.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 21:08:31 »
Still nothing?
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 21:10:31 »
Still nothing?

You're overestimating their competence  :))

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 21:12:21 »
Still nothing?

I mean, this is a government service after all  ;D ;D ;D ;D :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:16:58 »
Still nothing?

Somewhat unrelated, but has anyone else ever thought about the relevance of the post office as a gov't entity? I mean, nowadays there are better, cheaper ways to do almost everything the USPS does. I understand in the old days the gov't had to guarantee cross-country communication, but there's no need for that any more. And now we're left with yet another unnecessary--and unprofitable--gov't service.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:23:11 »
Still nothing?

Somewhat unrelated, but has anyone else ever thought about the relevance of the post office as a gov't entity? I mean, nowadays there are better, cheaper ways to do almost everything the USPS does. I understand in the old days the gov't had to guarantee cross-country communication, but there's no need for that any more. And now we're left with yet another unnecessary--and unprofitable--gov't service.

i love usps because they deliver packages on sundays

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:24:11 »
Still nothing?

I hate Sunday delivery. Worst idea ever.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:29:02 »
Still nothing?

why? great for us

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:35:43 »
Still nothing?

why? great for us

I didn't intend to hijack the thread, but basically Sunday delivery wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't backed by an absolutely half-hearted effort. It's different carriers than weekdays (probably due to union contracts), so they don't know about or respect standing arrangements with the regular carrier. For example, my workplace has offices next door. All mail for both addresses gets delivered to that building.

But not on Sundays.

On Sundays, since there's no longer a mailbox at the main building, the carrier just leaves stuff laying there in the lobby. We've called and asked repeatedly for them to cease Sunday delivery but so far no change. We've asked the carrier to bring it all next door regardless of the address. He ignores us. It's just annoying.

My boards:
More

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:42:13 »
Still nothing?

When you see it from national security pov, it's always better if the govt takes care of the postage

There's a show in Australia showing all these, and it's amazing how people would go further to trafficked drugs, exotic animals, etc

anyway, update us Joey

Offline Shaussman

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:18:02 »
unprofitable--gov't service.

To be fair, the USPS is funding pensions for the next what, 70 years? It's insane. Before that started they were all right financially.

Although, another advantage of the USPS is that your mail is protected with them; they're not allowed to open it. Not so much with mail from other carriers.
MX Brown Quickfire XT | MX Clear WASD VP3 | MX Blue Ducky Zero

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:21:08 »
unprofitable--gov't service.
To be fair, the USPS is funding pensions for the next what, 70 years? It's insane. Before that started they were all right financially.

But that's like saying I'm doing alright financially right now because I'm just charging everything to my credit cards. I'd actually be overextending myself but I just don't have any consequences yet.

My boards:
More

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 07:59:51 »
While we're on the subject of weird annoying USPS crap. They will only send me information via first class mail. Which means it takes longer and isn't even guaranteed to reach me. I have the email of the guy who helped me get this far but even contacting him to get info takes a few days.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:43:52 »
While we're on the subject of weird annoying USPS crap. They will only send me information via first class mail. Which means it takes longer and isn't even guaranteed to reach me. I have the email of the guy who helped me get this far but even contacting him to get info takes a few days.

Leave it to USPS to call the worst one first class.

My boards:
More

Offline Shaussman

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:17:24 »
But that's like saying I'm doing alright financially right now because I'm just charging everything to my credit cards. I'd actually be overextending myself but I just don't have any consequences yet.

Not in the slightest. Under a more normal plan it's fine, but they're forced- by law- to spend the money that way.
MX Brown Quickfire XT | MX Clear WASD VP3 | MX Blue Ducky Zero

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 18:38:44 »

At the very least they should drop Saturday service except for express packages. Personally I'd be fine if they reduced normal delivery days to Monday, Wednesday and Friday. At the same time they can sell off assets related to their door-to-door logistics (aka the "last mile") to FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 18:51:59 »
My thoughts and prayers are out for your beautiful board.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:15:09 »

At the very least they should drop Saturday service except for express packages. Personally I'd be fine if they reduced normal delivery days to Monday, Wednesday and Friday. At the same time they can sell off assets related to their door-to-door logistics (aka the "last mile") to FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
That would be great but politicians are incapable of doing math related to saving money and anyone who tries to do it for them is either called crazy or wrong.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:27:08 »
Guess where's the keyboard now? Haha.

107605-0

Happy day.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:31:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Happy day.

BAM

Happy ending boys, pack it up
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:35:36 »
Whew, massive sigh of relief!  Soooo glad it came back!!!
I'm back.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:36:44 »
HAPPY DAYS.

:-*

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:39:19 »
JOY!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:39:23 »

(Attachment Link)

Happy day.
What?

Returned to sender?!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:41:26 »

(Attachment Link)

Happy day.
What?

Returned to sender?!

Malay post, not too shabby hey?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:43:41 »

(Attachment Link)

Happy day.

Say, that's a nice board!

I'll give you $5 for it, right here right now. Plus $100 for DHL shipping
I'm back.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:44:33 »
round 2 good luck
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 02:46:12 »

Offline joey

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:05:33 »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:11:01 »
hell yea  :cool:

Offline Bucake

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 04:17:40 »
so glad the board's back!
reading the thread hurt my soul
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Belfong

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:11:36 »
Please pack in a tight and fit box in Round 2!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:26:15 »
Yaaay!
Glad to see it's not in some dirty hands.

With all that bad TA news, I'm glad to hear this :)

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:29:54 »
Great success. :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:34:30 »
Hooray!!! :D

Make sure to put the recipient's name on the box itself this time ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:57:41 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:35:20 »
Glad it's turned back up somewher by how did it make it back if the info came off in the US? Anyway I'm sure Joey will be happy when he wakes up today :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 05:45:59 »
I have bought and packed a lot of Korean boards. Nothing is wrong with the oackaging.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:00:33 »
I have bought and packed a lot of Korean boards. Nothing is wrong with the oackaging.
Wow...this is so great to hear !!
Joey you can let out the deep breath you have been holding in for over a week   :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:03:53 »

The box is fine. It's the wrap that is bull****. If you put the address on the cardboard itself, it will get there even if the wrap gets cut off.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:11:19 »

The box is fine. It's the wrap that is bull****. If you put the address on the cardboard itself, it will get there even if the wrap gets cut off.
Yeah. Still, the box has to be wrapped. I will do something about it. It's the address on the box that saved the board.

My collection

More

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:26:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Happy day.
Really really great way to wake up on a friday! :))

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
Project Find My 456!
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:40:50 »

I think the blaming game should stop already, everyone at this moment should be aware how important packaging is for expensive keyboard. The wrap is required by the post office, so Yuktsi did what he had to, wrap it again and again. If all that are still not enough, that's all about the luck I guess. It's not always that easy to get new boxes around, so be a little more considerate while bashing about the bad packaging. It's not the first time he ship expensive boards out. Just my 2cent.

Edit: Glad to hear the board is finally found
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2015, 06:51:10 by CalvinXC »
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline joey

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 07:15:04 »
Wow...this is so great to hear !!
Joey you can let out the deep breath you have been holding in for over a week   :thumb:
Yeah, I've been hoping it'd turn up! :P