Author Topic: Project Find My 456!  (Read 34228 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Project Find My 456!
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:14:37 »
He should just cut his loses and ask for his money back. Or a significant price reduction due to the damage.
I completely agree. There is no way I would feel comfortable spending that much money on a severely damaged board. I understand people have different opinions on the term "severe" but with any high dollar collectible, any damage should be considered severe IMO.
The scratches/dent completely ruined the chance of resale at a decent price.
I wouldn't go that far. But he paid for something and he's getting something else. And while he still won't admit to it, it's taking a risk with the packaging.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:15:59 »
He should just cut his loses and ask for his money back. Or a significant price reduction due to the damage.
I completely agree. There is no way I would feel comfortable spending that much money on a severely damaged board. I understand people have different opinions on the term "severe" but with any high dollar collectible, any damage should be considered severe IMO.
I wouldn't go that far. But he paid for something and he's getting something else. And while he still won't admit to it, it's taking a risk with the packaging.
Not to mention the missing brass weight.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:17:54 »

The picture shows two brass weights, not sure if the screw holes in the case are stripped though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:18:32 »
Brass weight is there. Just got unscrewed due to it moving around because it probably wasn't wrapped.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:19:19 »

The picture shows two brass weights, not sure if the screw holes in the case are stripped though.
I completely missed that. Thanks for the correction. 

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:19:40 »
Well, I know that some people won't want to buy it w/ a dent like that, especially since you can actually see it when using the board. But yeah, at least a decent chunk of value was taken out.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 11:20:45 »
Well, I know that some people won't want to buy it w/ a dent like that, especially since you can actually see it when using the board. But yeah, at least a decent chunk of value was taken out.
Just look at how long those 2 cheats sat in the classifieds, at least 3 months I think.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 12:53:34 »
The real best solution would be for yuktsi to refund $1000. I'll eat the shipping cost and we'll wash our hands of this ****ty situation.

Resale of this board will be a ***** and I'll work on getting money from USPS for damage. All damage money will be sent to yuktsi.

Edit: The bottom line is I don't want the board anymore.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 August 2015, 13:12:04 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:56:30 »
The real best solution would be for yuktsi to refund $1000. I'll eat the shipping cost and we'll wash our hands of this ****ty situation.

Resale of this board will be a ***** and I'll work on getting money from USPS for damage. All damage money will be sent to yuktsi.

Edit: The bottom line is I don't want the board anymore.

Have you heard back from yuktsi or kin? I hope you all reach a good resolution.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 05:57:07 »
All I knew was the board is sent back to Kin and the brass plate was detached until Kin told me yesterday, and I have sent Joey a msg about it.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 02:42:21 »
So what came of this?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:17:06 »
So what came of this?
I'm being refunded and yuktsi is keeping the board. Sharing losses and moving on seemed like the best option to us.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 11:27:07 »
wew what a shame USPS gon pay, them *****es
I love Elzy

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:08:33 »
So what came of this?
I'm being refunded and yuktsi is keeping the board. Sharing losses and moving on seemed like the best option to us.
I'm glad there's an end in sight that's not a complete disaster. Better luck next time Joey :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:10:00 »
So what came of this?
I'm glad there's an end in sight that's not a complete disaster. Better luck next time Joey :thumb:
May be a while before the "next time", after both the LSV1 and this being damaged while shipping I'm starting to think I can't own nice things. :))

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:00:20 »
So what came of this?
May be a while before the "next time", after both the LSV1 and this being damaged while shipping I'm starting to think I can't own nice things. :))
I know your Gon was just a kit but its freaking MINT Joey for real ! I feel you though Every time an OTD comes up something happens ....just spent all my money, theres some misunderstanding, person sold it before I could get back to them,transmission drops in my car sigh... it seems I am cursed to live forever OTD-less

We should start an OTD support group Joey
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:11:52 »
So what came of this?

Glad you came to an agreement. On the bright side, you didn't spent 1k on a single keyboard.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:16:08 »
So what came of this?

Glad you came to an agreement. On the bright side, you didn't spent 1k on a single keyboard.
Yeah, the whole experience has made me never want to drop that on a board again. It'll be a while before I stick my wallet back into the OTD world.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 17:33:37 »
So what came of this?

Yeah, the whole experience has made me never want to drop that on a board again. It'll be a while before I stick my wallet back into the OTD world.

I learned a lot from you sharing this experience, Joey. My future foreign keyboard decisions will forever be weighed with this on the scale. Thank you :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 16:10:31 »
Brother, it's not the happiest ending but I'm glad it had something other than a lost kb and USPS refusing to pay anything.  And the fact that it was sent to another GH'er in error because of the old address on the box....wow that just amazes me.  I mean we all reuse boxes, but what if it was a box from something totally unrelated and some dude in Timbuktu ended up with your board???  :mindblown:
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 17:12:07 »
Brother, it's not the happiest ending but I'm glad it had something other than a lost kb and USPS refusing to pay anything.  And the fact that it was sent to another GH'er in error because of the old address on the box....wow that just amazes me.  I mean we all reuse boxes, but what if it was a box from something totally unrelated and some dude in Timbuktu ended up with your board???  :mindblown:

:mindblown: for sure

It's been a pretty great story for the viewers and it's been an interesting experience for me. I feel like it'll be a useful resource for future keyboard shipping and handling unfortunate situations so at least there's a silver lining.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 18:06:24 »

:mindblown: for sure

It's been a pretty great story for the viewers and it's been an interesting experience for me. I feel like it'll be a useful resource for future keyboard shipping and handling unfortunate situations so at least there's a silver lining.
One good thing to come out of this is he's going to learn for his GB and hopefully not run into problems.

Offline E3E

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 19:37:19 »
Yeah, I always make sure to tear off old labels and any barcodes and ANYTHING that could possibly muck up shipping and cause confusion when it comes to reusing boxes to mail something off.

That said, I still had something get lost in the mail once on its return to the sender. >_<