Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 566712 times)

Offline dommyy13

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #1350 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 04:10:34 »
Anyone else not have enough gaskets for the bottom of the middle case, and the top of the bottom case? I have 8 long strips and there is 12 total long strip/gasket spots.

You should only be using 6 I believe?  Mine only came with 8 as well, I put them onto the bottom case (if you put it on the mid case it sticks to the usb cutout on the pcb)

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1351 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 04:11:11 »
Anyone else not have enough gaskets for the bottom of the middle case, and the top of the bottom case? I have 8 long strips and there is 12 total long strip/gasket spots.

You only need 6 of the long gaskets. They go either on top of the bottom piece or underneath the middle piece. (not on both otherwise you wouldn't be able to screw down the board)

Offline chrainer

« Reply #1352 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 06:50:04 »
Paid on 5th May, receive tracking today. Item scheduled to deliver this Friday.

Thanks senter.  :thumb:

country?

Offline bananafritters

« Reply #1353 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 07:06:50 »
Paid on 5th May, receive tracking today. Item scheduled to deliver this Friday.

Thanks senter.  :thumb:

country?

Switzerland

Offline Zylkan

« Reply #1354 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 07:07:40 »
Sorry is this still on? Until when?

Offline eriatilox

« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 07:18:43 »
My order is #339. I ordered brass for top right logo and pink for bottom logo but got brass for both. Anything I can do about this?
edit: never mind. I think I prefer this now lol.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2020, 12:12:42 by eriatilox »

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 08:12:07 »
Got invoiced for shipping May 1, still no tracking :(

Offline Se1nZ

« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 09:24:31 »
im using split backspace but the right switch cant register, any idea?
in the original json file looks like there is only 1 wiring (pic attached). maybe thats why its not detected?
thanks
242240-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
KBDfans Tofu60 | KBDfans 5degree | Klippe T R3 | NorbaTouch | Fjell R4 | TX-84v1 | FoxLab Key65 | Leopold FC660M | KBDfans Tofu60 Acry | KKINGKKONG 660

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 09:57:32 »
anyone have a link to a build video yet?

It's really straightforward.

seems like plenty of people are confused in here. just asked for a link. not whether you thought it was important or not.

Offline Tenturo

« Reply #1359 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:05:06 »

You only need 6 of the long gaskets. They go either on top of the bottom piece or underneath the middle piece. (not on both otherwise you wouldn't be able to screw down the board)

I realized this last night after building. I ended up putting six on the bottom, and it worked out great. Although I didn't use the dampener between the plate and pcb as I didn't want to make the typing experience really stiff (already had to use brass instead of polycarbonate). Have to say I'm not too impressed with the sound quality right now. Anyone feel right now this doesn't really sound like a gasket board?
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:06:51 by Tenturo »

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1360 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:06:15 »
in the original json file looks like there is only 1 wiring (pic attached). maybe thats why its not detected?
thanks
Show Image
(Attachment Link) " alt="" class="bbc_img" />

I have the same issue where the right switch in a split backspace isn't registering.  I'm very interested in figuring it out, although super busy this week.

Edit: I wonder if the default keymap has it working? I can't recall if that registered during my PCB jump testing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:47:27 by thecyangiant »

Offline noideawhatsgoing

« Reply #1361 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:46:29 »
anyone have a link to a build video yet?

It's really straightforward.

seems like plenty of people are confused in here. just asked for a link. not whether you thought it was important or not.
No need to freak out, boss. I was only trying to reassure you that it's easier than it would seem from reading this thread. I, and a few other people, have shared our experience building it and tried to help. Good luck.

Offline dumpling420

« Reply #1362 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 13:25:00 »
Got invoiced for shipping May 1, still no tracking :(

Same here, paid May 1 and haven't received anything.

Offline mg53

« Reply #1363 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 14:19:06 »
Just got mine in the mail and it unfortunately does not match what I ordered.  :(

Ordered: PC clear top, white middle, PC clear bottom, white plate, white weight with kanji logo (invoice #658)
Received: White top, teal middle, PC clear bottom, brass plate, white weight with key logo.

Going to reach out and see what we can get done.

Edit: emailed Senter and got a quick response. Shipping mix up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2020, 14:39:48 by mg53 »

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #1364 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 15:08:50 »
I just received mine and also have a small mixup in my order (got Clear Brass weight instead of E-Teal Brass weight, but everything else is correct), e-mailed enter as well! Aside from that, the board seems solid and I see no blatant problems with it, will test PCB / build it later in the month :) Thanks for the GB.

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1365 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 16:14:37 »

I realized this last night after building. I ended up putting six on the bottom, and it worked out great. Although I didn't use the dampener between the plate and pcb as I didn't want to make the typing experience really stiff (already had to use brass instead of polycarbonate). Have to say I'm not too impressed with the sound quality right now. Anyone feel right now this doesn't really sound like a gasket board?

I used the dampener along with a PC plate and I'm very happy with the way mine sounds with lubed alpacas. what kind  of sound were you looking for?

Offline Tenturo

« Reply #1366 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:09:56 »

I used the dampener along with a PC plate and I'm very happy with the way mine sounds with lubed alpacas. what kind  of sound were you looking for?

So I guess the sound I was looking for (or maybe expecting I should say was close to Polaris, and that Tealio build sound test posted above), but then again I did not use the dampener. How stiff would you say it is with the dampener and PC plate? I do like flex in my boards, and I'm wondering If I add that will it make it too stiff.

On a side note, did Senter release the plate files for non ISO, or is there any plans to do so? I have the wrong PC plate for configuration (choosing mistake) and seeing if I will be able to get a custom plate cut in the event I cannot get a 7u plate from Senter.

Offline Ipse

« Reply #1367 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:22:20 »
thanks
Show Image

That's pretty strange, split space registers for me.

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #1368 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:32:55 »

So I guess the sound I was looking for (or maybe expecting I should say was close to Polaris, and that Tealio build sound test posted above), but then again I did not use the dampener. How stiff would you say it is with the dampener and PC plate? I do like flex in my boards, and I'm wondering If I add that will it make it too stiff.

On a side note, did Senter release the plate files for non ISO, or is there any plans to do so? I have the wrong PC plate for configuration (choosing mistake) and seeing if I will be able to get a custom plate cut in the event I cannot get a 7u plate from Senter.

I'm no expert but I don't think that the dampener adds much stiffness to the board. In my case flex is minimal although the bottom out is very soft and thocky.

Offline Cujo96

« Reply #1369 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:37:30 »
There should only be six my guy, all between the bottom and middle layers.

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:38:13 »
thanks
Show Image

That's pretty strange, split space registers for me.
Split space works fine for me, but the issue here is specifically around split backspace.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #1371 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 19:46:40 »
thanks
Show Image

thanks
Show Image

I have the same issue where the right switch in a split backspace isn't registering.  I'm very interested in figuring it out, although super busy this week.

Edit: I wonder if the default keymap has it working? I can't recall if that registered during my PCB jump testing.

I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect or design flaw. Some PCBs turn out to be good. Some, however, don't have a bridge between the front side and back side of the PCB on that split BS key. I've consulted the PCB supplier and they admit it's an issue. Here's the solution they provide. You need to apply large amount of solder on that BS key so that the broken bridge between the front and back of the PCB can be joined. It's not a good solution tbh. I've ordered some more PCBs from them. If you plan on building a split BS layout, or if you've already done that but can't make it work, PM me and I'll send you a new one.

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #1372 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 19:57:39 »

I don't know if it's a manufacturing defect or design flaw. Some PCBs turn out to be good. Some, however, don't have a bridge between the front side and back side of the PCB on that split BS key. I've consulted the PCB supplier and they admit it's an issue. Here's the solution they provide. You need to apply large amount of solder on that BS key so that the broken bridge between the front and back of the PCB can be joined. It's not a good solution tbh. I've ordered some more PCBs from them. If you plan on building a split BS layout, or if you've already done that but can't make it work, PM me and I'll send you a new one.

Thanks for the info Senter! It seems like an easy enough (although crude) fix. I built my PCB with mill-max sockets so I could alternate between a few layouts, with split BS being my preferred. My hope is that I can make that bridge without impacting the ability to mount a stab there.  I'll give it a run later this week or this weekend and send an update.

Offline Se1nZ

« Reply #1373 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:15:57 »
thanks
Show Image

thanks
Show Image

Hi Senter, thanks for the update, i will try to apply large amount of solder first and see if its working or not. i will post the update later.
KBDfans Tofu60 | KBDfans 5degree | Klippe T R3 | NorbaTouch | Fjell R4 | TX-84v1 | FoxLab Key65 | Leopold FC660M | KBDfans Tofu60 Acry | KKINGKKONG 660

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #1374 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 22:20:08 »
Senter, you mentioned that the plate file would be available after the GB ended, right? I'd love to have an Alps plate made :)

Offline vincevelorn

• Great googly moogly!
« Reply #1375 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 22:44:31 »
Senter, you mentioned that the plate file would be available after the GB ended, right? I'd love to have an Alps plate made :)

There is a .dxf on the first post on the thread for the plates that could be used as a start.

VE.A Acrylic Clone, Zealios v2 67g, GMK DMG | KBD75v2, Kailh Pro Purple, Tai hao Blue/Gray | YMD96, Hako Royal Clears, JTK Orange on White

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 22:57:31 »

There is a .dxf on the first post on the thread for the plates that could be used as a start.

Oh hey! Good looking out. I totally didn't notice that.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 23:32:02 »

Got mine today =)

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1378 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 01:58:19 »
Just received tracking. Paid invoice on April 30th.

Offline Applet

« Reply #1379 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:45:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Got mine today =)
Damn! That is a nice keeb you got there  :eek:

Offline edctog

« Reply #1380 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:17:28 »

The rubber dampener piece is much softer than both polycarbonate and brass. If those can flex, adding the rubber won’t change that much. If you don’t clip all of your switches in properly, you can have rattled plate. I think that’s what you have. I have tried both configs.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1381 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:23:34 »

Thanks =)  I am loving it!  This is a first for a lot of things for me:

- first 60ish percent
- first carbon fiber plate
- first with flipped spacebar (not by choice - the stab inserts on the plate force me to use a different kind of wire stab)

I am a fan, though.  senter and fox labs have done it again!

Offline johnny2304

« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:30:58 »
please surprise me with a tracking number today and scheduled to delivery tomorrow  :(

Offline DZSlasher

« Reply #1383 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:33:18 »

Thanks =)  I am loving it!  This is a first for a lot of things for me:

- first 60ish percent
- first carbon fiber plate
- first with flipped spacebar (not by choice - the stab inserts on the plate force me to use a different kind of wire stab)

I am a fan, though.  senter and fox labs have done it again!

That build looks awesome! Congrats! What stabilizers and switches were you using? The stabilizers don't look like screw in ones.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:39:18 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Got mine today =)
The best build Ive seen so far.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 11:51:24 »
Just got tracking. Expected delivery date: tomorrow

lol

Offline olsen34

« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:01:59 »
Just got tracking. Expected delivery date: tomorrow

lol

It took just a day to arrive in my country. Crazy fast.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:02:37 »
Paid shipping invoice on May 5th, just got my tracking.

Still just says "shipping info received"

Offline Riskymilk

« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:43:17 »

Mine has been like this since April 28th. Kinda worried that it's lost now.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:47:57 »

Mine has been like this since April 28th. Kinda worried that it's lost now.

Oh no! hope it comes out ok!

Mine lists that DHL got the shipping info on the 11th so hopefully it moves soon!

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:01:39 »
Shipping is very slow right now. I've got things in the mail still that I ordered mid march. My novelkeys order also didn't get an update for almost a month until it finally did a week ago. It's currently laying somewhere in customs. Tough times for parcels.

Offline Riskymilk

« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:03:14 »
Yeah that’s what I’m hoping is the scenario. I don’t have a problem with a long shipping time due to covid but wish i could get an update saying where it is.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:06:55 »
So apparently I was looking at the wrong tracking number in my excitement lmao. Mine also says shipping info received, on may 8th.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:43:27 »
That build looks awesome! Congrats! What stabilizers and switches were you using? The stabilizers don't look like screw-in ones.

Thanks!  The switches are known as "striped ambers," a rare linear alps switch!  So the stabilizers are just standard clip-in alps stabs.

Offline DabbyBear

« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:50:02 »
Shipping info (tracking) received after invoice on the 5th of May - still appears to be in Hong Kong but this is a move in the right direction. To help gives others an idea - I'm in North east US invoice #0756. Will post pictures once it comes in! Realized I had also ordered a second PCB (one is hot swap one isn't) without an extra plate. How easy is it to get a plate cut from a third party? I would imagine it will be hard to get a plate from the secondary market.

Offline SoraNoTenshi

« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 15:51:30 »
Shipping info (tracking) received after invoice on the 5th of May - still appears to be in Hong Kong but this is a move in the right direction. To help gives others an idea - I'm in North east US invoice #0756. Will post pictures once it comes in! Realized I had also ordered a second PCB (one is hot swap one isn't) without an extra plate. How easy is it to get a plate cut from a third party? I would imagine it will be hard to get a plate from the secondary market.

yup! I also got my shipping info today!
also paid the invoice on 5th May.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:26:34 »
Update: this mornings tracking was uploaded to PayPal by senter. 

I just got a text from DHL saying my package was picked up, but it has a different tracking number than the one that went to PayPalthis morning.

Expected delivery: monday the 18th.

Offline Riskymilk

« Reply #1397 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:41:00 »

I just got a text from DHL saying my package was picked up, but it has a different tracking number than the one that went to PayPalthis morning.

I hope I’m in that same boat as well.

Offline MsCookz

« Reply #1398 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:43:20 »

I hope I’m in that same boat as well.

Same as well, can't wait to get it!

Offline Kenny20x2

« Reply #1399 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:43:35 »
Anyone know how I can contact senter? I still haven't received my shipping invoice and I got no reply from runninghack@gmail.com