Author Topic: [JunkDrawer KeyCaps] - Invoices out!  (Read 54776 times)

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
[JunkDrawer KeyCaps] - Invoices out!
« on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 20:14:39 »
Hello GeekHack - we're back from the dead after... 5 years?
For Halloween, we're premiering our flocked (fuzzy) artisan keycaps!  It took a lot of trial and error to figure out how to get a reliable and washable application, so we hope you enjoy their unique feel!

Sale will run until 11:59 PM PST of Halloween night.  All orders will be invoiced and fulfilled immediately to be sent out the following week.

Check us out over on our Instagram for sneak peeks at what we are working on - and if you have any ideas or colors you'd like to see flocked let us know. God knows I want to flock all the things, so any direction to put my crazy fuzz obsession towards is helpful. I will also be hanging out over in our making things thread again, because I missed you all, so you can give me your ideas over there if you want!

Three colorways are up for grabs today, all of them fuzzy:
  • Monty - a tribute to the ferocious Rabbit of Caerbannog - red details, white body
  • Witches' Brew - a bubbling cauldron of some unknown substance - purple details, green / black body
  • Ghost - ...a fuzzy ghost - glow blue details, clear body

There are two sculpt choices for these colors: Chanter ($35) and Mou5e ($40)
303672-0
303674-1
303676-2

We also have a Halloween-exclusive sculpt, offered blind bag style in one-off colors: Skeleti3, a clear Yeti3 modified to have a visible skeleton inside.
303670-3

Thank you all for your continued support and happy haunting!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2023, 12:53:03 by Midnight2shayla »
Sculpt Happy

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:11:26 »
PAST SALES
Our current sculpts are:
Inugami (the zombie foxdog): https://imgur.com/WiRkJyI
Chestie V2 (an oldie revisited): https://imgur.com/NW3g1bB
Yeti3 (keeper of the curse): https://imgur.com/ie1w0qE
Bad Touch (the grizzled narwhal captain): https://imgur.com/yCjr62Z

Past (currently retired) sculpts are:
Stanley, Cadbury, Chestie V1, Yeti V2, Poko, Boxter, Bixlow, Spidey Isaacson

Summer Sale:
https://imgur.com/a/oHFRo4B

June "Mess" Sale:
https://imgur.com/a/3SthgsV

Chestie v2 flash raffle (50 entries);
https://imgur.com/a/t93RB

OCTOBER 1st, 2017:
Hey everyone! After almost a year and a lot of revisions, we have Chestie again - only better! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who were so helpful to me in my first sale, and I want to reach out and offer a new Chestie v2, completely free, to anyone who previously received a v1! To do this, I created the form listed below. Please note that it might take a couple weeks for me to fill out the custom orders, depending on the amount of responses I receive. I will be posting pictures of the revised Chesties on the last page of this forum in order to bump it where you all will see this.
https://goo.gl/forms/7j7WPRLM6uus186R2

July 2017 Anniversary Sale:
http://imgur.com/a/bbUaW

4/20 Debut Sale:

Sale Album: http://imgur.com/a/Metxf
Colorways album (total): http://imgur.com/a/lMCoD

PAST:
We have decided that our prices will always be based on a set algorithm, and will never go beyond that. That algorithm depends on the number of colors, the number of treatments, and the overall difficulty of the sculpt starting at a starting point of $20.

Thanks guys for your continued encouragement and, as always, may RNGesus be with you!
Midnight2Shayla & Wylte
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 August 2018, 19:12:12 by Midnight2shayla »
Sculpt Happy

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:11:58 »
04/18/2017:

We embarked on the adventure of keycap making when I was pregnant with our first son - I always had a love for working with my hands and prior (limited) knowledge of clay and hand-building. As time went on, and people began repeatedly asking me about the status of my uterus, I threw myself more into the craft; I found a sense of calm in sculpting that I believe kept me from being ragey with those around me. What started off as a fun hobby (and way to fill our keyboards, since we went insane spending-wise on artisans pretty much monthly), became something that we both really loved. As such, we began making molds and amassed a good amount of different dyes, and ended up with four sculpts that we want to share in our first ever sale.

Our name came from the fact that our ideas are kind of all over the place - I hope to have a lot of artisans to eventually sculpt and show you guys, plus my husband has some cool ideas of his own. So, we settled on the fact that one could find almost anything in a junk drawer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 22:35:14 by Midnight2shayla »
Sculpt Happy

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Sale 4/20
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 23:59:12 »
Is chestie a 1u cap? Got more angles of the caps?
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:17:48 »
Is chestie a 1u cap? Got more angles of the caps?

Hi!
Chestie is 1.25u, all of the other 3 are 1u. I'm sorry I didn't include that.
As for pictures, I will be taking comparison shots (for size) and beauty shots tomorrow - as I also want to make a catalog of the different paint jobs we did. Right now I have this link which shows backlighting and a couple more shots: http://imgur.com/a/d4zV7
Sculpt Happy

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:22:31 »
I'm anglin for a spidey and yeti for sure. Probably the other two also if I see a colorway I like  ;)
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline VodkaSurprise

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:23:13 »
Always have love for adorable spider caps. Good luck with all your current creation projects!

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 00:50:59 »
Always have love for adorable spider caps. Good luck with all your current creation projects!

Thank you :) I really appreciate it.

I'm anglin for a spidey and yeti for sure. Probably the other two also if I see a colorway I like  ;)

That's great to hear, I really appreciate the support and excitement :D
I will be posting the caps in a grid format tomorrow so the colors can be seen - no two are alike, so there aren't any distinct colorways per se. However, if you have any colors that you would like to see, let me know - we are still making caps up until the sale.
Sculpt Happy

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:19:27 »
I really like the yeti, I'll try my luck too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:28:01 »
Chestie is 1.25u, huh.. Any clue what profile matches it in height most closely?
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 07:31:31 »
Oh man that blue chestie is right up my alley cant wait for this sale!

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 08:23:08 »
Interesting caps. Props for making something different, and GLWS!

Offline Wylte

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 13:30:44 »
Chestie is 1.25u, huh.. Any clue what profile matches it in height most closely?

Chestie was M2S's first sculpt and came out a little big, sits a little above  SA.  I've had my favorite sitting on R Ctrl with OEM caps and haven't had any problems, but he does get stuck if you have a high profile case edge in the front.  We used him to learn how to cast and rather like the ones that qualified for sale, but now that his mold is breaking down he'll be retired for a better-fitting Chestie v2.

The other 3 were sculpted on top of a DSA.  Spidey was the second sculpt and seemed to be perfect, but we realized a good way into casting that he gets pinched at the bottom of a keystroke if he has SA caps on either side.  Lessons learned for the other 2 so they play nice, although getting good casts of Cadbury (the zombie bunny)'s ears kills molds so he'll be an Easter exclusive.

We'll be taking some non-glamour group shots today, show the colors and profiles.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 23:30:47 by Wylte »
JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Blank Experimentalist

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 15:59:25 »
Interesting caps. Props for making something different, and GLWS!

Thank you :D I'm hoping to make more modifier-type artisans soon... if the baby gods allow. Otherwise, a Chestie reboot and more yetis will be my goal.

Oh man that blue chestie is right up my alley cant wait for this sale!

I'm glad you like him! :) I really loved doing his detailing - his left eye is copper, his right is gold and his bands are mixed copper and gold.

I really like the yeti, I'll try my luck too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I'm glad you like him :D he's my favorite as well. Good luck :) I appreciate the supportiveness and positivity <3
Sculpt Happy

Offline Gettys

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:20:51 »
Will definitely need to remember this tomorrow.  The last 2 sculpts would live nicely on a few of my boards.  Great stuff!

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 17:40:09 »
awesome keys! What are the prices? :D

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 23:22:11 »
awesome keys! What are the prices? :D

We went back and forth on this, as we don't want to overcharge anyone. We decided all caps would be $20 with free un-tracked shipping anywhere in the US. We will also have our "Dirty Penny" B-stock (weird colors, paint jobs I didn't feel I did well enough on, or small bubbles - but with perfect stems) for an added $5 dollars each.

I'm really glad you like them :) that means a lot to me - I will admit I was sliiiiiiightly anxious posting these for the world to see.

Will definitely need to remember this tomorrow.  The last 2 sculpts would live nicely on a few of my boards.  Great stuff!

Thank you so much, I really am excited that they're being met with such positivity - the awesomeness and supportiveness of this community always surprises me. Good luck! :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2017, 00:21:57 by Midnight2shayla »
Sculpt Happy

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 03:29:20 »
Keeping an eye on this thread for sure :D Probably too late at this point but I'm all about lime green and black/dark gray :P
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline SQneo

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 14:25:29 »
want a chestie and a spidey!!

Offline superpiya

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 14:42:22 »
Nice design, I love the Chestie  :thumb:

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 14:59:04 »
Good luck with your debut!  :thumb:

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 19:01:34 »
I'm going to be so broke this week. Eagerly awaiting this raffle!

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 20:11:53 »
Good luck with your debut!  :thumb:

Thank you :D good to see you again!

Nice design, I love the Chestie  :thumb:

I'm glad you like him, that means a lot to me :) I'm planning on trying to do more modifier artisans - but that might be down the line a bit.

want a chestie and a spidey!!

Well, I wish all the luck upon you! If RNGesus is a jerk, we will probably have some kind of left-over re-raffle after this sale is done.

Keeping an eye on this thread for sure :D Probably too late at this point but I'm all about lime green and black/dark gray :P

Depends on the sculpt ;) We are continuing to make more caps up until the raffle ends - which will be on the 22nd - so any color ideas we will try and make more of :D
Sculpt Happy

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:26:51 »
I'm in! GL everyone!

Offline lzrdwzrd

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:32:15 »
Yeti looks so dope  :thumb:

nice work.
SteelSeriesLeopoldZowie
6gV2 (mx black)FC660C/EGFK1

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:33:38 »
Entered! Make Stanley pl0x <3

Offline mes09

Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Sale is LIVE! (giveaway at bottom of post)
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:45:23 »
Chesty ended up so cute! Good luck everyone

Offline superpiya

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:57:16 »
Entered for Chestie! And that mimic design is awesome, can't wait to see the finished product  :))

Offline xredman

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:00:06 »
Interesting colorways! Wish there was a picture of how it will look on a keyboard.

Offline lzrdwzrd

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:01:55 »
Interesting colorways! Wish there was a picture of how it will look on a keyboard.

check the link on the top post http://imgur.com/a/d4zV7

a few on boards.
SteelSeriesLeopoldZowie

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:29:24 »
the colouration on the Yeti (judging the black one) could do with some work. It doesn't look consistent and I keep wanting to scratch it.

Offline Arcsxum

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 22:51:23 »
Cadbury looks cute.

Offline Wylte

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 01:07:27 »
the colouration on the Yeti (judging the black one) could do with some work. It doesn't look consistent and I keep wanting to scratch it.

I feel the same about the scratchiness, but since the dust is painted into the resin it won't actually come off.  I'm pushing to do more classic doubleshots and colorways going forward  :D
My personal favorite pic of Yeti -
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=87591.0;attach=165310;image

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 01:12:20 »
I never thought a spider could be so cute!

Offline DarthTader

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 04:22:27 »
I am loving the little heart pieces you are using as stands for the caps! Especially that green/yellow one :) Can't think of much else feedback to give as I like many of these so much!

Offline BlackyLuke

• A filthy casual!
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 05:28:27 »
Would love to see some less transparent and more solid coloured keyways that fit with some of the common keycapsets :x

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 06:32:09 »
My feedback is that I think it's great that you guys polled us to see what designs to consider next! Also I look forward to more traditional double shot colorways!

Offline riktors

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:06:31 »
Yay chestie! Want a 1.25u :)

Offline sems

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:25:05 »
I really like how unique and detailed your sculpts are! Please keep your upcoming sculpts as detailed as those. Also, it is brave thing to go for a 1.25u artisan keycap, especially something as cute as Chestie! Definitely be following your work!

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 10:16:25 »
I have written you in the pm already but I'll do it here again. Absolutely gorgeous caps! Chestie and Yeti are my favourites. I love the detail and how the colours play together. Keep up the good work!

Offline tehnoobcakez

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 16:06:33 »
Hey man I love these sculpts! I've entered in the raffle and hope to see more artisans from you in the future. Hope your day gets better :)

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 22:25:51 »
Hey man I love these sculpts! I've entered in the raffle and hope to see more artisans from you in the future. Hope your day gets better :)

Thank you :) it has - thankfully the little guy is sleeping now so the mood at our house is noticeably less tense. I appreciate your interest and your kind words - it means a lot to me to hear that they are liked :D

I have written you in the pm already but I'll do it here again. Absolutely gorgeous caps! Chestie and Yeti are my favourites. I love the detail and how the colours play together. Keep up the good work!

Hi! It's great to hear from you, and I really appreciate your kind words :) yeti is probably my favorite, as well - possibly due to how many times I've had to redo him (seriously he was a bad luck magnet). I will try to live up to the community expectations :D hopefully my work just keeps improving the more I make!

I really like how unique and detailed your sculpts are! Please keep your upcoming sculpts as detailed as those. Also, it is brave thing to go for a 1.25u artisan keycap, especially something as cute as Chestie! Definitely be following your work!

Thank you! I will try and keep doing tiny detailing - that's actually something I really enjoy, so it won't be too hard. :D

Yay chestie! Want a 1.25u :)

Good luck :D

My feedback is that I think it's great that you guys polled us to see what designs to consider next! Also I look forward to more traditional double shot colorways!

We will be doing more set-style color ways next sale, for sure - but all caps will always be one of a kind with their detailing. For example we might do a straight black set, but they will have different eyes or horns or bands to make it more unique. I really want to make sure everyone gets to feel that "hey, this ones mine" feeling :). I'm glad you like the drawings, I really am loving the feedback.

Would love to see some less transparent and more solid coloured keyways that fit with some of the common keycapsets :x

That's fair, we will probably attempt that for our next sale - focus on doing some color ways matching the sets. Now it's just figuring out which ones :D thank you for the feedback!

I am loving the little heart pieces you are using as stands for the caps! Especially that green/yellow one :) Can't think of much else feedback to give as I like many of these so much!

We actually made each of those from the color sets each time we casted and had extra resin - maybe I'll talk to the technical half and see if we could send some out randomly with orders!

I never thought a spider could be so cute!

I'm glad you like him :D I tend to agree that most spiders, unfortunately, aren't so much cute as creepy (grew up with Aton of black widows near my house though, so that may be why!)
Sculpt Happy

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 22:36:24 »
Love these caps guys! Such a unique style and character, it's always really nice seeing new creators pop up with their own style.

Hope all is going well with the bub, we're in the middle of moving house atm, fun times for all, keeping a house tidy with a 2 and 4 year old running rampage, the joy!

Offline lzrdwzrd

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 11:32:40 »
Also...

have a bunny-hamster-kitten-puppy
SteelSeriesLeopoldZowie

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 12:17:14 »
These are really cute.  All I can suggest it to make sure you clean up the extra resin on the bottom of the caps before shipping :D exacto knife perhaps
keyboards.

Offline Wylte

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 12:30:33 »
These are really cute.  All I can suggest it to make sure you clean up the extra resin on the bottom of the caps before shipping :D exacto knife perhaps

No worries, even the b-stock will be sanded and polished before shipping - got almost all done last night  :D

Offline anonymous83

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:03:37 »
The Chestie one is really nice.
Probably making it available in brown, similar to a pirate treasure chest would be really nice.

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 22:58:10 »
The Chestie one is really nice.
Probably making it available in brown, similar to a pirate treasure chest would be really nice.

That's a great idea! Thank you! We may try and do a pirate chestie for next sale (which will be as soon as we can, depending largely on how much sculpting the baby-god allows me to do). :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 April 2017, 05:46:24 by Midnight2shayla »
Sculpt Happy

Offline superpiya

Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Sale Over (invoices out)
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 08:20:33 »
Invoice paid! And chestie is my favorite too  ;D

For the transparent ones, perhaps you can put some nice little things inside so it looks something like this?

166651-0
166653-1

Or just make it look like a real pirate treasure chest with gold coins, tiny skull and swords logo  :p

Offline OneNightFriend

Re: JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Sale Over (invoices out)
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 10:04:12 »
Woke up to an invoice, yay!