Author Topic: KiCAD Templates for Mechanical Keyboards!  (Read 6000 times)

Offline CaninoDev

KiCAD Templates for Mechanical Keyboards!
« on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 12:05:50 »
First, I want to say.. Damn this rabbit hole I entered into a little over a year ago. If it wasn't for the fantastic and encouraging community of enthusiasts and aficionados, I likely would have ended up a crackpot with not a cent to his name. Instead, I am just a person with not a cent to his name.  ;D

As a token of my appreciation for all those who were responsive and helpful from learning about switches, to converting me to the dark side of the of the sub 60% keyboards (not to say that those whose love for the full size should not be appreciated, as they should as well), I decided to draft several templates to help the budding designer to start on their vision of the endgame. I hope that those that are more experienced and knowledgeable can provide some feedback/improvements to the templates so that they can be updated. I will, over time, add other MCUs that I see in the wild and other combination of components (like the rotary encoder) to the templates. I hope that these prove useful.

I do hope that someone out their with more artistic inclination can draft up some 64x64 .png icons for the templates and contribute them to the repository.

.. and thanks for all the fish!

https://github.com/CaninoDev/Mechanical_Keyboard_KiCAD_Templates

Offline nevin

Re: KiCAD Templates for Mechanical Keyboards!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:05:48 »
thank you. for you.
225805-0 225807-1
* CaninoDev-white.pdf (68.19 kB - downloaded 140 times.)
* CaninoDev-black.pdf (68.3 kB - downloaded 127 times.)
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline CaninoDev

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 23:53:47 »
@nevin, thank you. These are fantastic!but as this project was really crowdsourced I was hoping for icons more indicative of the underlying mcu. Like each mcu template gets its own icon. Be definitely using this for the readme. Will credit you for the work. Have a github?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nevin

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 07:02:35 »
glad you like it.
I was hoping for icons more indicative of the underlying mcu. Like each mcu template gets its own icon.

ok. we can work on that too. will put it on my list for when i need something fun to do.

git. i have an acct. but noting in it (no repos, etc...) I do have a project i need to work on (mouse firmware) and would like to post it there, so maybe i'll chew your ear about how to get the project setup in git.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68