Author Topic: Post your BS boards here!  (Read 431528 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 21:55:35 »
That Track Point is just so deliciously nice!

I didn’t even know such a model exists.

Anyway, my humble SSK.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 02:17:49 »
My IBM Model F PC-AT. Stock, but about as close to new as it could get. Almost rust-free plate, and very clean. Running it with an Orihalcon Soarers converter.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 14:24:11 »
I keep mentioning my nephew's keyboard, but never got the chance to post it.
Blue Label 1391401, beautifully restored by Phosphorglow.

« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2015, 21:45:19 by Snowdog993 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 08:28:54 »

Show Image

Blue label + Blue underlay = Blue-tiful

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:07:34 »

Show Image

Yeah, that looks really nice.   :thumb:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:19:56 »

Show Image

Yeah, that looks really nice.   :thumb:

Yep!  Now that he has his keyboard back, I believe I will finish up on the keyboard he was using and do the LED mod on both the 1394204 and 1395665 keyboards.  I like having the status lights better.  I have ordered the LED panels and overlays for them.
It's not that I can't use some software for the status on the screen.  I find myself checking most of the time on the keyboard itself.  Old habits die hard I suppose.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:28:31 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #356 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 10:35:12 »
Oh yeah!  I almost forgot about this one! 

I definitely want to go ANSI here!

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 13:36:11 »

Show Image

Yeah I love my ANSI F122.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 18:55:31 »
In the foreground is a Unicomp PC-122 that I'm tearing apart and turning into an Unsaver. I'm still not sure how I'm going to weld the plastic case back together, but that didn't stop me from sawing it in half. You can see how I've removed all the unnecessary traces from the mylar membranes and separated them with a sheet of paper to prevent false triggers. I removed the extra so it would be easier to bend back behind the board. I can't think of another way to do this... I'm saving all the unused bits in case one day I decide to build a BS numpad with a custom case.

In the background is its brother, an identical PC-122 that's been screw-modded and ANSI-converted. The beige keys are donors from another Model M until I finalize a layout for the monster board and order replacement caps from Unicomp.

101919-0

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 20:36:20 »
My desk is dusty...don't mind the potatoes.  ^-^

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #360 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 20:39:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've never seen one unpainted before. Looks awesome with that brushed finish.

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #361 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 20:53:16 »

Show Image

I know blue labels aren't the most desired, but I think they make a strong case for being the best looking.  That is a beautiful restore job and the underlay compliments it quite well.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:06:06 »

Show Image

I know blue labels aren't the most desired, but I think they make a strong case for being the best looking.  That is a beautiful restore job and the underlay compliments it quite well.

His keyboard is on the Phosphorglow website too:
More

I was going to mention I do have one very similar to his too.
This is the 1370477: (Same as 1391401 except it has single-piece keys.)

More

They both are amazing looking!
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:17:54 by Snowdog993 »

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:15:49 »
Here is my 1987 SSK that I posted in the Space Saver Club thread, it is in pretty good shape, only thing wrong with it is one of the little plastic studs that holds the top of the plate close to the screw holes is broken off. I will hopefully be sending it to Phosphorglow soon to have the rivets replaced.

It not being there does not hurt it too much, If I push up on the print screen key I can move the plate thing forward a little bit on that side but nothing too bad, still goes together fine :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:19:03 by nickheller »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #364 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:23:27 »
Here is my 1987 SSK that I posted in the Space Saver Club thread, it is in pretty good shape, only thing wrong with it is one of the little plastic studs that holds the top of the plate close to the screw holes is broken off. I will hopefully be sending it to Phosphorglow soon to have the rivets replaced.

Show Image

Show Image

It not being there does not hurt it too much, If I push up on the print screen key I can move the internals forward a little but nothing too bad, still goes together fine :)

I'm sure he will fix that issue easily.  He's very meticulous.  If you haven't seen, there are keyboards he has restored that would make a restoration expert cringe at the thought of attempting to restore it.  Amazing!

You have a very nice SSK there too!  It looks very clean as it is!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:30:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

It not being there does not hurt it too much, If I push up on the print screen key I can move the internals forward a little but nothing too bad, still goes together fine :)

I'm sure he will fix that issue easily.  He's very meticulous.  If you haven't seen, there are keyboards he has restored that would make a restoration expert cringe at the thought of attempting to restore it.  Amazing!

I have seen them on his site, and been emailing him about it I am pretty much just waiting on the right time to send it out. It is pretty clean, I just want to get these rivets swapped out so I can stop worrying about it falling apart on me lol. I love this thing, so I am exited for it to get a little bit of a rejuvenation.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 03:38:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

I have seen them on his site, and been emailing him about it I am pretty much just waiting on the right time to send it out. It is pretty clean, I just want to get these rivets swapped out so I can stop worrying about it falling apart on me lol. I love this thing, so I am exited for it to get a little bit of a rejuvenation.

If you were thinking of just getting the broken rivets replaced, I'd suggest getting Phosphorglow to do a full bolt mod.  It might cost slightly more, but the keyboard will be rock solid for another 30 years.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #367 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 04:02:08 »
I am having him do the whole reconditioning service ( really only needs bolt mod and plastic stud fixed) I am exited to see how solid it is when I get it back. I was thinking about converting to the USB controller but I decided to keep my stock controller and cable since they work fine and my desktop has PS2, and I kind of like the way the old coiled cable looks :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #368 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 06:24:41 »
I am having him do the whole reconditioning service ( really only needs bolt mod and plastic stud fixed) I am exited to see how solid it is when I get it back. I was thinking about converting to the USB controller but I decided to keep my stock controller and cable since they work fine and my desktop has PS2, and I kind of like the way the old coiled cable looks :)

And you can always get an SDL to USB cable later on anyway, or a PS/2 to USB adaptor if the cable is non-removable.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #369 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 12:08:10 »
Okay, I did do the LED panel on the terminal board that my nephew used.

From This:

To This:

And Finally To This:

This keyboard went through everything!  It's pretty nice now!

http://imgur.com/a/bBFuv

Footnote:  I did the 1395665 too!

« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 13:39:05 by Snowdog993 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 22:04:27 »
Nice work Snowdog  :thumb:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:09:39 »
Yeah, the LED mod is pretty simple to do.  You just need the right controller for it!  I was in a panic with the 4204 at one point.  The keyboard would not respond with the spacebar, right alt, - key on the numpad and the bottom 3 arrows on the inverted T.
I slowed down, took my time, cleaned up the ribbon cable and triple checked the LED connectors.  Everything works fine.  For a little while there, I was worried that I cooked something.
Whew!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 22:07:38 »
What a....

:cool:   :cool:   :cool:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 12:10:52 »
What a....

Show Image

:cool:   :cool:   :cool:

It's a pretty cool keyboard CPT.  I did find a video of someone converting one too.  I believe that influenced the person to modify their Wildcats' keyboard. 

Cross Post:
They actually put the regular legends on it.  Took off the blue keys and put the regular keys on it, put a regular Model M overlay for the LED's, and put an IBM logo where the Wildcats logo was.  I believe it was a "Unicomp Special" for a low price and they just did that.  It went back to the Pearl/Pebble.
I guess they didn't like the Wildcats?  I don't know why.

I think they were influenced by this YouTube video, but I think they had a regular M for the keycaps.  They took ALL the blue keycaps off.  Just made it Pearl/Pebble.  Maybe they did it before or around the same time. 

I couldn't PM you to give you that link.

Anyway, there is something more in the works going on....
Just a teaser shot:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 12:14:14 »
Oh you said modify so I thought you meant like an actual mod. I don't really consider swapping keycaps a modification. Just a cosmetic change. I don't really like the Kentucky function caps either.

And that's samwisekoi.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 12:22:31 »
Oh you said modify so I thought you meant like an actual mod. I don't really consider swapping keycaps a modification. Just a cosmetic change. I don't really like the Kentucky function caps either.

And that's samwisekoi.

Yeah, they just had a dead keyboard and swapped caps with it.  I guess that wouldn't be a mod.  But I am seriously not too sure if it were before or after that video was made.  I remember it being a few years ago.  Anyway, the next one does have to do with a controller swap.  (Another teaser..)

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:28:30 by Snowdog993 »

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 01:57:28 »
Wow Snowdog993 you're quite the BS board modder! Nicely done LED mod  ;D

Here are pics of my Model M that I got in today.
103125-0
103127-1
103129-2

Going to put a set of dyed pbt keycaps on it from Gutz and update with more pics. Just waiting for my washed keys to dry lalalala~~~~

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 08:23:01 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Going to put a set of dyed pbt keycaps on it from Gutz and update with more pics. Just waiting for my washed keys to dry lalalala~~~~

Looks pretty nice in it's natural habitat.  What color keys did you plan on putting on the keyboard?  It does make me wonder, hmmm.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:00:50 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Looks pretty nice in it's natural habitat.  What color keys did you plan on putting on the keyboard?  It does make me wonder, hmmm.
Here it is, jungle green and blue. Can't decide which one I like more. Opinions?

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:17:51 »
Here are pics of my Model M

Very nice! :-)

Where did you get such a lovely keyboard? ;-)

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:24:37 »

Thank you! Some dude in Texas  :p

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #381 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:40:03 »

Thank you! Some dude in Texas  :p

You're welcome. :D

There are plenty more where that came from! I'll post something in the Classifieds soon-ish. But I'm a little busy at the moment - see https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72707.0.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:28:12 »
Here it is, jungle green and blue. Can't decide which one I like more. Opinions?

They are both very nice. 

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:32:57 »

Show Image

Update: Finally finished, posted on DT somewhere or other when GH was down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:03:06 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The Blue set is really nice!

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #385 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 15:38:30 »
found this beauty for $40 at a surplus warehouse. my first BS!

time to clean her up and convert
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #386 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 15:48:25 »
Show Image

nice score breh

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #387 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:26:48 »
Show Image

nice score breh

thanks man!
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #388 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 16:57:53 »
Show Image

nice score breh
$40 bucks did the have moe BWAHAHAHA very nice score though!!!!

thanks man!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #389 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 20:12:32 »
Show Image

Dang, nice grab!  :)  Post some pics after cleanup.   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:40:02 »

Show Image

Update: Finally finished, posted on DT somewhere or other when GH was down.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Excellent!  Especially with the yellow plate :)

Show Image

Very nice find - and some interesting keycaps too!

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #391 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:50:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Which M is this? Is this a Kishsaver?
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #392 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 02:51:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Which M is this? Is this a Kishsaver?

Oh my bad, I misread the thread title. For some reason, I interpreted "Post your BS boards" as "Post your Model M's" since... well, yknow.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #393 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:55:52 »
$40 bucks did the have moe BWAHAHAHA very nice score though!!!!
they had like 8 other model m's but this was the only ssk I saw, and it was in the unsorted employees only area of Weirdstuff warehouse for anyone in the bay area.

Dang, nice grab!  :)  Post some pics after cleanup.   :thumb:
will do, thanks man! tried to disassemble it but realized I didn't have the right tool. need some 5.5mm nut driver. waiting for amazon to deliver

Very nice find - and some interesting keycaps too!
thanks! apparently related to displaywrite according to here: http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9242/subcatid/0/id/120575

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #394 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 21:18:54 »

Oh my bad, I misread the thread title. For some reason, I interpreted "Post your BS boards" as "Post your Model M's" since... well, yknow.

You could still post some pictures of yours if you like.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #395 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 23:42:05 »
Crappy picsof my 86 silver label M with newly added RGB mods.  Still dirty with a few missing caps but beautiful.  What I will say is that it does feel better than my 91 terminal m. And different, maybe better, than my 2 Unicomp boards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 05:37:38 »
Crappy picsof my 86 silver label M with newly added RGB mods.  Still dirty with a few missing caps but beautiful.  What I will say is that it does feel better than my 91 terminal m. And different, maybe better, than my 2 Unicomp boards.

Are your two green Shifts slightly different shades of green?

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 12:14:08 »

Not even sure how you were able to see that, but yes, they are.  If I hadn't got them for free I would ask for replacements from Unicomp.  The left shift is darker than the right.  I much prefer the darker color.  Better yet would be some OG IBM caps, lol.  Also I will try to take better pics tomorrow.  Taking them on my iphone and posting through tapatalk = horrible quality :(.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 22:07:18 »

Not even sure how you were able to see that, but yes, they are.  If I hadn't got them for free I would ask for replacements from Unicomp.  The left shift is darker than the right.  I much prefer the darker color.  Better yet would be some OG IBM caps, lol.  Also I will try to take better pics tomorrow.  Taking them on my iphone and posting through tapatalk = horrible quality :(.

Same here - must be something wrong with the way they make the right Shifts.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 22:20:51 »

Same here - must be something wrong with the way they make the right Shifts.

Unicomp's QC leaves something to be desired. My SSK replica keycap set arrived with a cracked F3 key, and the replacement, although free, does not match the rest of the keys 100%. Also, the right shift kept getting stuck because the stabilizer stem was out of alignment. I had to use a heat gun to heat the cap and bend it a little bit. Now it works fine.

My boards:
More