Author Topic: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Complete)  (Read 228287 times)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Production)
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 00:37:33 »
uh, wat? thought this thread is for Stormtrooper  ಠ_ಠ

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 08:01:11 »
Yeah but he can break classified rules here ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #352 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:02:50 »
  • Suited Up Bomb King R1 Trio (Topre) - $175+shipping

etf (Nightcaps) makes the Bomb King.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:05:41 »
  • Suited Up Bomb King R1 Trio (Topre) - $175+shipping

etf (Nightcaps) makes the Bomb King.

Yes, correct...  It was late, changed!  Thank you!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 11:07:51 »
uh, wat? thought this thread is for Stormtrooper  ಠ_ಠ

Hey!  :confused: You guys got first dibs!  I'll move it over to /r/mechmarket soon.  Classifieds here scares me a bit. ;)

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #355 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 17:56:53 »
Sorry you had to sell your artisans to cover the GB costs  :'(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 10:37:26 »

It's OK. I didn't let go of all of them!  I'm just playing it safe and want to make sure I'm not in a personal financial bind when the time comes around to ship.  Since the sets are arriving a month before Christmas, I want to make sure I can ship them all to GB members and provide my daughters/mom a nice holiday at the same time!

Thanks for your concern, though.  It's my own lack of knowledge of the GB process that led to this.  I'm glad it's so minimal, and I planned in some wiggle room.  Since I never planned to make any money on this and wanted to keep sets below $100, I didn't feel comfortable jacking the price up.  Looking forward to getting these shipped out!  :thumb:

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 10:40:18 »

It's OK. I didn't let go of all of them!  I'm just playing it safe and want to make sure I'm not in a personal financial bind when the time comes around to ship.  Since the sets are arriving a month before Christmas, I want to make sure I can ship them all to GB members and provide my daughters/mom a nice holiday at the same time!

Thanks for your concern, though.  It's my own lack of knowledge of the GB process that led to this.  I'm glad it's so minimal, and I planned in some wiggle room.  Since I never planned to make any money on this and wanted to keep sets below $100, I didn't feel comfortable jacking the price up.  Looking forward to getting these shipped out!  :thumb:

Sorry to hear. Hope everything works out. So excited for this set to be my first GMK set!
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline priyadi

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 00:39:59 »

Why don't you simply disclose how much your liability is. I for one currently don't need any of your stuff, but I'm sure many would be willing to chip in. Even if you don't plan to make any profit from this, you are probably going to take a hit later, much much later, i.e. shipping for missing & damaged keys, or if (god forbid) some jackass opens a dispute on Paypal.

The proper way to handle any non profit GBs IMHO: add a 'risk fee' on top of item price + shipping cost, maybe around 10%; if everything is settled (including replacements, etc), then proportionally refund the fee, or simply donate the excess fund to red cross or smth
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 12:45:26 »
After my most recent sale, I have enough for initial ship (around $1k).  Any liability at this point is unknown regarding replacements, etc.  I'll keep everyone up to date.  I just want to play it safe and make sure everyone gets their sets on time.

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 12:50:56 »
After my most recent sale, I have enough for initial ship (around $1k).  Any liability at this point is unknown regarding replacements, etc.  I'll keep everyone up to date.  I just want to play it safe and make sure everyone gets their sets on time.

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

Thanks for the update MaNiFeX. bummed you had to sell some artisans. Hope everything works out and you won't be hearing any complaints from me. Atleast GMK offers sorting and trays now for no additional charge. :)
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 13:24:11 »

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

Thanks for the update MaNiFeX. bummed you had to sell some artisans. Hope everything works out and you won't be hearing any complaints from me. Atleast GMK offers sorting and trays now for no additional charge. :)

It's no biggie, I needed to get rid of some stuff anyways.  Yeah, GMK is doing sorting for me, trays were still extra, and from what I've seen, they don't ship that well.  I will be shipping double-bagged in a box with additional packing material as needed.  No update from GMK, but we should be going into production shortly.

Thanks!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 13:25:16 »

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

It's no biggie, I needed to get rid of some stuff anyways.  Yeah, GMK is doing sorting for me, trays were still extra, and from what I've seen, they don't ship that well.  I will be shipping double-bagged in a box with additional packing material as needed.  No update from GMK, but we should be going into production shortly.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, you will have my support for your future groupbuys!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 October 2016, 16:11:15 by duynguyenle »

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 15:50:52 »
I know the answer to this already, but I'm going to ask anyways for the hell of it;

Since I got into this GB, I have fallen in love with the Leopold FC660 line, and it's wonderful layout that also necessitates two 2.25 Shift keys instead of one.  Are there going to be any "extras" of anything, and if so, could I get one?  I'm guessing no, but I feel I have to ask.

Additionally, is there anyone who doesn't plan on using their LShift?  Again, I'm guessing the answer there is no too, but again, I have to ask.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #364 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 15:04:30 »
Since I got into this GB, I have fallen in love with the Leopold FC660 line, and it's wonderful layout that also necessitates two 2.25 Shift keys instead of one.  Are there going to be any "extras" of anything, and if so, could I get one?  I'm guessing no, but I feel I have to ask.

Thanks for your participation!  I really appreciate it and remember you requesting the key .  I'll see what I can do about getting an extra key from GMK.  My next buy is going to be for 65%ers and less, so I will be sure to include that key for FC660M users.

MaNiFeX

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #365 on: Fri, 07 October 2016, 15:27:36 »

Thanks for your participation!  I really appreciate it and remember you requesting the key .  I'll see what I can do about getting an extra key from GMK.  My next buy is going to be for 65%ers and less, so I will be sure to include that key for FC660M users.

MaNiFeX

+1 for this thanks

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:39:48 »
Guys, I'm gonna be honest.  The wait is killin' me! 

Offline ba7777

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 21:58:26 »
Maybe call GMK to find out what's going on?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 11:06:28 »
I'll check on production, but they quoted me 12-13 weeks in mid-August, so we're probably not quite there yet. 

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:37:10 »

MaNiFeX

Hell yeah, let me know if there's any extra cost.  Thanks very much.

Unless it's a way strange colorway, I'm highly likely in for whatever your next buy is.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:37:43 »
Quell the Rebellion!  GET HYPE.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:50:49 by MaNiFeX »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:50:22 »
Unless it's a way strange colorway, I'm highly likely in for whatever your next buy is.

Would GMK dark gray keys with black legends work?  Thinking of limiting it to 60%ish layout to keep it cheap.  I want to do a set specifically for small-form factor boards, essentially everything but F-row and Numpad - 40%s, 60%s, FC660M/VA68M, etc.  Hoping to keep the weirdos happy and support ortho, split shift, and HHKB, too.

What do you think?

Offline tuba section

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 15:22:34 »

Would GMK dark gray keys with black legends work?  Thinking of limiting it to 60%ish layout to keep it cheap.  I want to do a set specifically for small-form factor boards, essentially everything but F-row and Numpad - 40%s, 60%s, FC660M/VA68M, etc.  Hoping to keep the weirdos happy and support ortho, split shift, and HHKB, too.

What do you think?

I love this idea and would get down for sure

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 19:22:58 »

What do you think?

All the way in.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 20:03:15 »
I would prefer at least TKL but it's ultimately up to you as a GB runner. Maybe run an IC first to gather opinions  :thumb:

Offline koops

• Shy Turtle
    • MechKB
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:26:59 »
I want to forfeit my position in this groupbuy as I'm kind of tight on money and no longer feel that this set has a place in my collection. I want to do the right thing by finding someone to take my place rather than pulling out of the buy, taking my money and running off.

If anyone is still interested in this set, they can take the sets I ordered. I ordered 2 sets so there's 2 sets available for purchase.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 11:52:55 »
I want to forfeit my position in this groupbuy as I'm kind of tight on money and no longer feel that this set has a place in my collection. I want to do the right thing by finding someone to take my place rather than pulling out of the buy, taking my money and running off.

If anyone is still interested in this set, they can take the sets I ordered. I ordered 2 sets so there's 2 sets available for purchase.

Hi Koops.  Thanks for posting your open spots.  I'm sure someone will take them.  Please also post to /r/mechmarket on reddit.  There are plenty of people there that have shown interest.  I'll also change the name of the GB to reflect available spots to give you more visibility.

For future reference, GB members please note: once committed to a group buy, you are committed financially.  You already purchased your spots.  The group buy is paid for.  The money has been sent to GMK.  I have no money to refund to you!  The only funds left in the Group Buy coffer are shipping costs of other people's sets. I'm not able to use that money to refund anyone because it would jeopardize my ability to ship sets to other members.  That seems to be obvious, but I guess many don't completely grasp the concept of a Group Buy.  You prepay for a product.  Requesting a refund after the product has been paid for puts the rest of a group buy and me, personally, at financial risk. 

Thank you for understanding.

Update: I reached out to Michaela at GMK to confirm the production schedule of the set.  I'll be updating as soon as I hear from her.

Have a great weekend!  :thumb:

MaNiFeX

Offline Zeneraith

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Production) - Two spots available.
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 12:10:37 »
I'd like to grab one of the two spots if it's still available.  :)

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #378 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 21:33:59 »
I'm interested in a spot.

Offline koops

• Shy Turtle
    • MechKB
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 04:40:52 »
I understand how this would be an inconvenience for you MaNiFeX, but I wasn't expecting a refund until the 2 open spots were paid for. That way, you aren't at any kind of risk financially. I'm sorry for causing any kind of frustration you might have but it's a minor inconvenience at most.

@finalarcadia & @Zeneriath please get in touch with MaNiFeX with your shipping and PayPal details. He'll invoice you for your purchase. I hope you guys like your caps when they come in!

@MaNiFeX again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for going out of your way to accommodate my request. Should I participate in your future buys, I will ensure to fully commit financially to avoid this kind of issue.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 17:20:47 »
I understand how this would be an inconvenience for you MaNiFeX, but I wasn't expecting a refund until the 2 open spots were paid for. That way, you aren't at any kind of risk financially. I'm sorry for causing any kind of frustration you might have but it's a minor inconvenience at most.

@finalarcadia & @Zeneriath please get in touch with MaNiFeX with your shipping and PayPal details. He'll invoice you for your purchase. I hope you guys like your caps when they come in!

@MaNiFeX again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for going out of your way to accommodate my request. Should I participate in your future buys, I will ensure to fully commit financially to avoid this kind of issue.

Not a problem!  You were kind enough to find buyers and they both contacted me.  I can invoice them and once paid, I will refund you.  Thank You.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 18:22:21 »
Paid, thank you!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (GMK Sorting)
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 12:57:44 »
Update: I reached out to Michaela at GMK to confirm the production schedule of the set.  I'll be updating as soon as I hear from her.

Production Complete!!!

GMK is sorting the caps right now and will update me as soon as they are done.  Michaela will be checking with production after the holiday this week and will update me as soon as she knows more.  Thanks members for participating!  Looking forward to getting this set out to you all!

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 13:24:06 »

Production Complete!!!
Show Image

GMK is sorting the caps right now and will update me as soon as they are done.  Michaela will be checking with production after the holiday this week and will update me as soon as she knows more.  Thanks members for participating!  Looking forward to getting this set out to you all!

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Thanks for the update.  :thumb:
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 15:10:38 »

Production Complete!!!
Show Image

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Wow, that was fast!

Offline tedk

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 12:47:23 »
where are my caps?  ;D :)) :cool:

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 13:00:14 »

Production Complete!!!
Show Image

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Hype is real! Can't wait to have this bad boy in hand!

Do you think there might be any interest in a custom Black on White novelties GB? Like the Empire Logo and such. Maybe a silhouette of the black parts of a scout trooper or storm troopers helmet  :p

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 17:53:24 »

Production Complete!!!
Show Image

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Hype is real! Can't wait to have this bad boy in hand!

Do you think there might be any interest in a custom Black on White novelties GB? Like the Empire Logo and such. Maybe a silhouette of the black parts of a scout trooper or storm troopers helmet  :p

I was thinking of that, actually.  Maybe I'll do an IC after this ships.  It's gonna be a busy few weeks for me once they land...  And I don't even know if I have to pay any sort of import tax, either ATM.  Anyone know?  Based in US.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 07:17:44 »
Hi, is there any status updates?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 11:33:26 »
Hi, is there any status updates?

Just checked yesterday, Michaela is on vacation until the 14th.  I know they are sorting, but haven't heard about completion or packaging, yet.  I'll update you as soon as I know more.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 11:37:32 »
All hail our new leader!

>:D He gets along with everybody! >:D

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 11:48:48 »

>:D He gets along with everybody! >:D

Obviously, the ones he didn't get along with have all perished via natural causes, only people left are the one who gets along

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Clearing Customs)
« Reply #392 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 16:11:54 »
Update:
Just received tracking information and customs clearance forms.  Key sets are sitting in Memphis now awaiting clearance.  Check back for updates in the next few days!  ;D

Offline feediko

« Reply #393 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 16:33:42 »
post some pictures when you get them!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #394 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 17:14:32 »

Oh, you know it!  It's time for me to prepare for shipping.  Lord, what did I get myself into? 

Domestic won't be an issue, I expect many will start to receive sets before the 1st.  I need to find an appropriate box size for international shipments... and pray I saved up enough to ship all of these out without costing me too much!  Wish me luck.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 19:29:37 »
Update:
Just received tracking information and customs clearance forms.  Key sets are sitting in Memphis now awaiting clearance.  Check back for updates in the next few days!  ;D

It's like Christmas!

Also ManiFex if you have issues with overly expensive postage from USPS or DHL, you should try Parcel Monkey, they are a pretty good freight company (at least the UK branch is really good, I don't live in America so I have not had the chance to utilise their US-specific service. But price-wise, they're pretty hard to beat.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 November 2016, 19:31:35 by duynguyenle »

Offline busgamer7394

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 06:34:49 »

Oh, you know it!  It's time for me to prepare for shipping.  Lord, what did I get myself into? 

Domestic won't be an issue, I expect many will start to receive sets before the 1st.  I need to find an appropriate box size for international shipments... and pray I saved up enough to ship all of these out without costing me too much!  Wish me luck.

Hey this would be more work but when I ship overseas I use padded envelopes with 1 layer of keycaps (I normally put them on painters tape so they dont move and bunch up), they stay under the (Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4") limit and it cost like like 1/4-1/3 of what a package would cost. I think the whole set might fit into 2. You can get the envelopes on amazon in bulk pretty cheap.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Sorting and Packing)
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 12:36:01 »
Keycaps delivered.  Wow, 150 sets is a lot!  I hope to start shipping out starting Monday.  Will post some pics soon.   :thumb:

Matthew AKA MaNiFeX

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 12:48:26 »
o ****! better get to work on my VE.A

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #399 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 12:50:16 »
Can't wait for pics!
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3