Author Topic: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Complete)  (Read 228273 times)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (CLOSED - Payment Due!)
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 12:58:36 »
OK, got a few more payments it's looking like I'll be able to pay GMK this week.  :thumb:

For the rest of you that haven't paid, I'm cancelling all the invoices tonight and will opening up the group buy spots.  I'm sure there will be plenty of spots for those of you that had previously joined and still want a set, but I can't hold onto 'vacant' spots nor count on overdue invoices right now. 

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Offline airs

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (OPEN SPOTS)
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 19:05:19 »
Really glad to hear we can go ahead with the payment. Thank you Manifex :)
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 23:13:04 »
Really glad to hear we can go ahead with the payment. Thank you Manifex :)

Me too.  Doing the numbers tonight.  Will update sometime.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #253 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 00:47:34 »
CLEANED HOUSE

OK, all!  I cleared all the unpaid invoices and have some open spots.  For those of you who offered to buy a few extra sets, I'll be reaching out to you shortly.  As of now, I will have enough to pay GMK in time and we have some open spots for those latecomers who'd like to join!

Spots available: 23

Thanks all for supporting this GB

MaNiFeX

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #254 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 06:53:31 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:45:12 by Khers »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 11:12:41 »
• Join and pay before payment is due to GMK: GB price
• After payment is due to GMK, but before caps are delivered to you: GB price +10%
• After you've received the caps: GB price +20%

After all, you're putting your money on the line to ensure GB success by securing MOQ. This way all on-the-fencers get an incitament to join as quickly as possible, so you risk as little money as possible.

Thanks for rules of Wodan,
You, Khers, are the man!*

I'm going to put that up on the main page.  I'll be paying GMK at the end of the week or early next week (waiting for a few more payees before doing the last transfer from Paypal).  After I wire the moola to GMK, the cost to join the group buy will jump 10%, then 20% after I receive them.

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

* You're the man now, dog!

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:03:29 by MaNiFeX »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:25:32 »
• Join and pay before payment is due to GMK: GB price
• After payment is due to GMK, but before caps are delivered to you: GB price +10%
• After you've received the caps: GB price +20%

After all, you're putting your money on the line to ensure GB success by securing MOQ. This way all on-the-fencers get an incitament to join as quickly as possible, so you risk as little money as possible.

Thanks for rules of Wodan,
You, Khers, are the man!*

I'm going to put that up on the main page.  I'll be paying GMK at the end of the week or early next week (waiting for a few more payees before doing the last transfer from Paypal).  After I wire the moola to GMK, the cost to join the group buy will jump 10%, then 20% after I receive them.

Thanks,

MaNiFeX

* You're the man now, dog!

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are able to make payment to GMK, but sad you have to put your own finances on the line. I would've liked to contribute but sorry I couldn't get an extra set  :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #257 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:49:10 »
Thanks for the update and I'm glad you are able to make payment to GMK, but sad you have to put your own finances on the line. I would've liked to contribute but sorry I couldn't get an extra set  :(

Well, I hope it doesn't come to too much.  If anything, I'll have to foot shipping.  I'm hoping that this week I'll be able to fill all the spots and not have that be an issue, but if it's putting some money on the line to save a GB and not have to refund 100s of people their money, it's worth it to me.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 12:52:18 »
Spots Available: 21

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 13:17:11 »

Spots Available: 18

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:28:11 »

Well, I hope it doesn't come to too much.  If anything, I'll have to foot shipping.  I'm hoping that this week I'll be able to fill all the spots and not have that be an issue, but if it's putting some money on the line to save a GB and not have to refund 100s of people their money, it's worth it to me.

Thanks. Put me down for a tentative 2nd set if you haven't met all the slots by the time you have to make payment to GMK. I should have some spare by then (21st August). :)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:04:53 »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:05:51 »

Thank you!!!  Looks like things are going well.  Will definitely make payment by Friday, if not Wednesday, if people join up at this rate.  Just heard GMK Classic Beige didn't meet MOQ.  :(

MaNi
Thanks. Put me down for a tentative 2nd set if you haven't met all the slots by the time you have to make payment to GMK. I should have some spare by then (21st August). :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:15:38 »
These sets seem to be flying out - really good to hear. Looks like I'll be buying a set at $110 though. :rolleyes:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 16:17:33 »

Spots Available: 16

Spots Available: 11

Bloody hell these are flying out the door! Where are all these people when the IC was up (for like 2 months)

Looks like you don't even need my 2nd order to make it to 150!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 17:44:14 »

Bloody hell these are flying out the door! Where are all these people when the IC was up (for like 2 months)

Right?

I had the GB period open for a month, and was really close to filling so I opened it up for another month (that was a mistake). Then we had 167 sets spoken for.  I invoiced at the end of the buy period (two months instead of one at that point), then we had about 125 sets paid within the week...  the rest fell off the train for whatever reason.  It's fine, I'm just glad I'll be wiring this money to Germany instead of refunding it.

Next GB I do, I will most likely only have a one month IC then another one week buy period.  Seems to be most successful.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net

Offline ba7777

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 18:19:45 »
So close now!

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 19:06:09 »

Right?

I had the GB period open for a month, and was really close to filling so I opened it up for another month (that was a mistake). Then we had 167 sets spoken for.  I invoiced at the end of the buy period (two months instead of one at that point), then we had about 125 sets paid within the week...  the rest fell off the train for whatever reason.  It's fine, I'm just glad I'll be wiring this money to Germany instead of refunding it.

Next GB I do, I will most likely only have a one month IC then another one week buy period.  Seems to be most successful.

One week seems a bit short :/ Maybe 10 days to 2 weeks is better? (Entirely selfish reasons, I occasionally travel for work and may not have reliable internets, might miss potentially awesome sets  :)))

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 20:12:19 »
So close now!

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

The GB is almost completely paid for, too.  I'll be wiring GMK tomorrow or Wednesday.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #272 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 20:12:57 »

Right?

One week seems a bit short :/ Maybe 10 days to 2 weeks is better? (Entirely selfish reasons, I occasionally travel for work and may not have reliable internets, might miss potentially awesome sets  :)))

Yea, I think duck is doing 2 weeks for that reason, too. 

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Production)
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:50:27 »
Status Update
  • Unpaid Invoices: 3
  • Available Spots: 4- cost is now $110

Phwew!  That was a bit stressful those last few weeks!  Well, all, we did it! I've wired GMK the funds needed for GMK Stormtrooper to go to production.  As soon as they confirm receipt of the funds, I will post an image of the e-mail.  Thanks for all who have supported this GB.  Only having 4 open spots when going to production is fantastic and speaks to the community's ability to rally for a set.

I've had someone ask for a refund.  I'd like to be very clear: NO REFUNDS

If you bought into the group buy and need money, you'll need to find someone to purchase your group buy spot from you.  Your money has now been sent to GMK and is no longer in my hands.  Any money from the group buy that I do have is your shipping fees.  Sorry All!  I didn't think that needed to be said, but if any of you haven't participated in a group buy before, now you know.

Thanks and check back for updates!
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:01:57 by MaNiFeX »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 11:54:38 »
 :cool:GROUP BUY SUCCESSFUL!!! :cool:

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:34:29 »
:cool:GROUP BUY SUCCESSFUL!!! :cool:

Show Image

Are you an actual stormtrooper?  :p

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:32:24 »

Are you an actual stormtrooper?  :p

.... maybe.   ;D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Pre-Production)
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:33:12 »
That feeling when $.03 exchange rate change makes a $500 difference in cost:

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 03:22:55 »
It's going to happen!  ;D  :p
I like keyboards

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 12:51:43 »

Show Image

That is a bummer.

If you open a donate button or something I can help chip in on that.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 12:54:11 »

Show Image

That is a bummer.

If you open a donate button or something I can help chip in on that.

I'll let you know as we come closer to shipment time, I may need some help then, but maybe not?  I did my numbers closely when I started this group buy.  Next time, I'll be doing the money calculations much closer to the actual point of payment. I really appreciate the offer!

Offline Art of Payce

[!] Potential issue with 3rd Party Adjudication
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:52:39 »
Hello everyone, I'm not a GB participant, but I'd like to give notice to those who are.

fknraiden, the arbiter for this group buy, appears to have gone MIA recently as he has not responded to paid buyers in the Classifieds for over a week. He's obligated to give these members (who I contacted beforehand to confirm no reply) a timely response at bare minimum. Given the additional responsibility of arbitration in this group buy, I think he should now explain or apologize to GB participants for his discourteous and suspicious behavior in bumping a classified ad thread without replying to payees since it could reasonably undermine their confidence in his and MaNiFeX's credibility. If life circumstances are preventing him from functioning as a responsive member and adjuticator, he needs to inform MaNiFeX immediately and withdraw from the position altogether.

I'm sorry to call someone out like this and I would much rather be wrong and corrected than right and regretful. However, an explanation or apology would be fair and reassuring to the community because this isn't just about his listing or this group buy---but all transactions on Geekhack. In light of recent history concerning Ivan, the $14,000+ currently being held, and the higher risks associated with member-organized group buys in general, it's more important than ever to be as honest and transparent about their management as possible.

On Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:53:21, I reached out to MaNiFeX to send a courtesy call/text to fknraiden since they know each other personally and locally. If his buyers from the Classifieds didn't get a response within 24 hours, I decided I would say something publicly. This post represents my escalation to the community. It now behooves fknraiden to respond; I'm more than happy to be informed and corrected by him since I'm not a direct stakeholder in this group buy or a transaction with him.

P.S. I don't police the forums, nor do I expect others to; I was just shopping for Hypersphere rings.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:05:10 »
3rd Party Adjudication:
fknraiden has graciously volunteered to be my adjudicator in the case I become unresponsive.  We have known each other, personally, for over a year and run a club that hosts workshops regularly.  He also knows where I live, so...  you'll get your set!
I think Art of Payce raises a fair point. Do I need to go and make some popcorn or will this be sorted in the right manner? :rolleyes:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Re: [!] Potential issue with 3rd Party Adjudication
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:15:35 »
Hi Art,

Hello everyone, I'm not a GB participant, but I'd like to give notice to those who are.

fknraiden, the arbiter for this group buy, appears to have gone MIA recently as he has not responded to paid buyers in the Classifieds for over a week.

This isn't the place for this.  I contacted Raiden yesterday for you, which I didn't see appropriate, but did so as a favor.  I don't appreciate you airing your grievances in this GB forum.  You are not a part of this group buy and your interactions with Raiden have nothing to do with my buy.

I'm sorry to call someone out like this and I would much rather be wrong and corrected than right and regretful. However, an explanation or apology would be fair and reassuring to the community because this isn't just about his listing or this group buy---but all transactions on Geekhack. In light of recent history concerning Ivan, the $14,000+ currently being held, and the higher risks associated with member-organized group buys in general, it's more important than ever to be as honest and transparent about their management as possible.

I'm not 'holding' any money.  Payment has been sent to GMK.  Please don't make assumptions!  There hasn't been any need for arbitration and I don't see a need for it in the future.  He's a backup contact for me in case I go AWOL, which I haven't...

This post represents my escalation to the community.

I don't appreciate you using my group buy sub, especially since it's off-topic, to air your personal grievances with someone.  Please do this elsewhere.  I'm sure you'll get your rings.  Contact the classified mods if you need help with a sale.  Please refrain from using this thread for this issue in the future.

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:19:03 »
3rd Party Adjudication:
fknraiden has graciously volunteered to be my adjudicator in the case I become unresponsive.  We have known each other, personally, for over a year and run a club that hosts workshops regularly.  He also knows where I live, so...  you'll get your set!
I think Art of Payce raises a fair point. Do I need to go and make some popcorn or will this be sorted in the right manner? :rolleyes:

I contacted Raiden.  I have no insight into his personal classified listings, but I'm sure he'll get in touch with Art when he can.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 14:21:14 »

3 Spots Open

Offline Art of Payce

« Reply #286 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 15:23:08 »
This isn't the place for this.  I contacted Raiden yesterday for you, which I didn't see appropriate, but did so as a favor.  I don't appreciate you airing your grievances in this GB forum.  You are not a part of this group buy and your interactions with Raiden have nothing to do with my buy.

[...]

I'm not 'holding' any money.  Payment has been sent to GMK.  Please don't make assumptions!  There hasn't been any need for arbitration and I don't see a need for it in the future.  He's a backup contact for me in case I go AWOL, which I haven't...

[...]

I don't appreciate you using my group buy sub, especially since it's off-topic, to air your personal grievances with someone.  Please do this elsewhere.  I'm sure you'll get your rings.  Contact the classified mods if you need help with a sale.  Please refrain from using this thread for this issue in the future.

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

MaNiFeX, I only came to give notice. I don't have any personal grievances against fknraiden. In fact, I have zero interaction with the guy; no open transactions, no PM history, nothing. I've stated up front that I'm not involved in the GB; I did that to make it clear that I have no material stake in the outcome. Therefore, I can observe and comment more objectively than those directly involved. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing, from the perspective of a conscientious bystander. I understand if you refuse to engage me publicly here, but allow me to say this:

If adjutication were really as inconsequential as you imply then I daresay no adjutication should have been offered in the first place. When it comes to handling other people's money, you cannot be too careful about who you associate with, especially when there are no background checks beyond looking at tenure. If I were a GB member, I would want a capable adjuticator as diligent and available as the lead organizer. Unfortunately, the more outstanding your service is, the more sharply it contrasts with fknraiden's sudden absence as the days go by.

On a similar note, timestamping and announcing the wire transfer is good practice, but until the GB is completely over, every member deserves continued reassurance about the terms you put forth when this all started.  No matter how unlikely you think arbitration may be, it's a form of insurance to buyers that you effectively promised. People aren't paying $100 for just the keycaps; they paid for your service and the arbitration too. If you weren't prepared to deliver that reassurance, then again, you shouldn't have offered it.

Lastly, airing a critique of a public group buy is fair game as far as I'm concerned. You're not the only one trying to make it work and for better or for worse (I believe better), I'm always in favor of more consumer oversight.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:22:29 »
. If you weren't prepared to deliver that reassurance, then again, you shouldn't have offered it.

Lastly, airing a critique of a public group buy is fair game as far as I'm concerned. You're not the only one trying to make it work and for better or for worse (I believe better), I'm always in favor of more consumer oversight.

Fair enough.  I still stand by fknRaiden as an adjudicator, but if his behavior continues, I will have to find another, if only for the GB members' assurance that I can be contacted by a known 3rd party.  I know plenty other people in the community in Portland that would be happy to stand up in his stead, but, at this point, I see no reason why.  I don't know the details of his interactions in Classifieds, but he's always been good for his word and it's part of the reason I chose him to be my contact if I go dark.

For what it's worth, it's summertime here in Portland, and his work gets very busy this time of year.  It's only sunny in Portland 3 months of the year, we enjoy it, maybe he is out camping?  He could be on vacation?  Maybe he's balls deep in some hottie behind a bar?  He could be held up by something that's more important than his keyboard hobby?   I don't know at this point.  I saw him two weeks ago, and I'll be in touch with him again, just to make sure he's OK, at least.

I'd also like to mention that one of the reasons I'm doing this group buy is because I got burned to the tune of $300 on Ivan's group buy and I wanted to put some good faith back into the 'community led group buy' system.  As soon as I get confirmation that my wire was received by GMK, I'll be posting proof, as I was planning to from the beginning.

Please remember, we all have lives outside of this hobby and there's no reason to by hyper vigilant about someone's whereabouts if they are gone from the forums for a couple days/week.   It's my suggestion that you be patient with Raiden.  He's around, and if he continues to not respond, I'll be more worried about his well being than anything.  I'll let you know when I hear from him, OK?

MaNiFeX

Offline geniekid

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:26:19 »
Thanks Manifex.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:34:52 »
Thanks Manifex.

You bet.  Looking forward to hearing from GMK about the progress on production.  Will post when I hear more.

Thanks,

MaNi

Offline boo

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:39:40 »
. If you weren't prepared to deliver that reassurance, then again, you shouldn't have offered it.

Fair enough.  I still stand by fknRaiden as an adjudicator, but if his behavior continues, I will have to find another, if only for the GB members' assurance that I can be contacted by a known 3rd party.  I know plenty other people in the community in Portland that would be happy to stand up in his stead, but, at this point, I see no reason why.  I don't know the details of his interactions in Classifieds, but he's always been good for his word and it's part of the reason I chose him to be my contact if I go dark.

For what it's worth, it's summertime here in Portland, and his work gets very busy this time of year.  It's only sunny in Portland 3 months of the year, we enjoy it, maybe he is out camping?  He could be on vacation?  Maybe he's balls deep in some hottie behind a bar?  He could be held up by something that's more important than his keyboard hobby?   I don't know at this point.  I saw him two weeks ago, and I'll be in touch with him again, just to make sure he's OK, at least.

I'd also like to mention that one of the reasons I'm doing this group buy is because I got burned to the tune of $300 on Ivan's group buy and I wanted to put some good faith back into the 'community led group buy' system.  As soon as I get confirmation that my wire was received by GMK, I'll be posting proof, as I was planning to from the beginning.

Please remember, we all have lives outside of this hobby and there's no reason to by hyper vigilant about someone's whereabouts if they are gone from the forums for a couple days/week.   It's my suggestion that you be patient with Raiden.  He's around, and if he continues to not respond, I'll be more worried about his well being than anything.  I'll let you know when I hear from him, OK?

MaNiFeX

As a participant of this GB, I just want to say Thank you MaNiFeX for bringing this set to us and for all those extra effort in this so called "hobby." Unlike many of us lurking in this forum or reddit, MaNiFeX stepped up to bring something to the community and that does not go unnoticed. It is also his effort to bring the set come alive that I joined when there were open spots. From what I can tell, you have been a fantastic GB leader/organizer so thank you!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:56:57 »

[...]

[...]

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

MaNiFeX, I only came to give notice. I don't have any personal grievances against fknraiden. In fact, I have zero interaction with the guy; no open transactions, no PM history, nothing. I've stated up front that I'm not involved in the GB; I did that to make it clear that I have no material stake in the outcome. Therefore, I can observe and comment more objectively than those directly involved. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing, from the perspective of a conscientious bystander. I understand if you refuse to engage me publicly here, but allow me to say this:

If adjutication were really as inconsequential as you imply then I daresay no adjutication should have been offered in the first place. When it comes to handling other people's money, you cannot be too careful about who you associate with, especially when there are no background checks beyond looking at tenure. If I were a GB member, I would want a capable adjuticator as diligent and available as the lead organizer. Unfortunately, the more outstanding your service is, the more sharply it contrasts with fknraiden's sudden absence as the days go by.

On a similar note, timestamping and announcing the wire transfer is good practice, but until the GB is completely over, every member deserves continued reassurance about the terms you put forth when this all started.  No matter how unlikely you think arbitration may be, it's a form of insurance to buyers that you effectively promised. People aren't paying $100 for just the keycaps; they paid for your service and the arbitration too. If you weren't prepared to deliver that reassurance, then again, you shouldn't have offered it.

If you've got an issue, report it to mods, don't barge into a completely unrelated thread. Have you maybe considered he's on holiday/sick leave/broken internet/act of god/watching some Olympics in Rio?

Not everyone's lives revolves around this forum. So far Manifex has been nothing but fully communicative every step of the way. We don't need hypersensitive people raising red flags everywhere when there's none. Give him some time. Now if he takes someone's money and disappear for a month or two, then there may be cause for concern. As of the moment, you're just making much ado about nothing. Keep calm and carry on.

Offline Art of Payce

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 17:02:57 »
Thanks for your patience with me everyone---especially MaNiFeX. No harm intended, really and truly. All the best.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 17:15:03 »
As the keeper of star wars faith around here, thx for making this happen :)

Can't wait
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 17:15:32 »
As a participant of this GB, I just want to say Thank you MaNiFeX for bringing this set to us and for all those extra effort in this so called "hobby." Unlike many of us lurking in this forum or reddit, MaNiFeX stepped up to bring something to the community and that does not go unnoticed. It is also his effort to bring the set come alive that I joined when there were open spots. From what I can tell, you have been a fantastic GB leader/organizer so thank you!

Thanks, that means a lot to me.   I've been doing my best.  It was a much bigger task than anticipated!  :D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 17:17:15 »
Thanks for your patience with me everyone---especially MaNiFeX. No harm intended, really and truly. All the best.

I appreciate that, Art of Payce.  Everyone needs to be held accountable, even myself.  I did not know about fknRaiden's absence from the Classifieds section, so I was taken a bit by surprise by this.  I hope the best for you.  I will let you know when I hear from Raiden.  I'm sure all is good, but he's been very busy outside the forums for a bit, as he told me last time we saw each other.  I'm sure he's just late on his responses.  Thanks for holding me to my word!

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 17:18:45 »
Now if he takes someone's money and disappear for a month or two, then there may be cause for concern.

TRIGGERED.  ;)

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 04:49:02 »

Thanks, that means a lot to me.   I've been doing my best.  It was a much bigger task than anticipated!  :D

I am also impressed by your persistence in bringing this keyset to life, MaNiFeX. You could have thrown the towel when reaching MOQ took a long time, then again when a chunk of participants just didn't pay up, now there's the issue with the conversion rate, and still I am confident I will recieve my set. Your updates are always frequent and reassuring.

Trust is of course involved in every GB.
I like keyboards

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 11:30:07 »
I am also impressed by your persistence in bringing this keyset to life, MaNiFeX. You could have thrown the towel when reaching MOQ took a long time, then again when a chunk of participants just didn't pay up, now there's the issue with the conversion rate, and still I am confident I will recieve my set. Your updates are always frequent and reassuring.

Trust is of course involved in every GB.
Thank you for your kind words and confidence in me, r5d!  I really appreciate all the community support.  I've always done my best to live up to/exceed expectations and conduct business in a fair manner.  Any other way would reflect poorly on me!

Let me address the conversion rate, specifically.  First, I built in a little 'wiggle room' in my pricing for un-anticipated hurdles in the process, and will be eating the cost of the conversion rate, if possible.  I'm doing my best to give the community a set for the price I originally set, regardless of issues.  I set the price, and everyone will get that price.  Second, I've learned quite a bit about banking, PayPal, international shipping, business, and conversion rate fluctuation.  So, even if/when I do lose some cash on this GB, at least I've learned something.  Finally, I could have saved a hundred bucks or two by 'riding the market,' but I wanted that money over to GMK as soon as possible!

Regarding my persistence: this set needed to be made.  It was haunting me.  I kept hearing whispers of everyone's "oohs and aaaahs" at JTK Stormtrooper or HHKB Stormtrooper setups.  "I wish I could get a set of those..."  "That would look sick on my mini."  Post after post... Then a convergence of hype and May the 4th happened.  I kept hearing, "May the 4th be with you."  "May the 4th be with you." "May the 4th be with you."

"Yes, yes.  And with you, brother!  AND WITH ALL THE KEYBOARD BRETHREN!!!!"

So, I designed a 'cheap and compatible' set, contacted GMK for a render, then listed it.  Then I had a vendor kick in for a large order and a contingent from China buy in with a sizable order, too.  And about 100 other individuals.  I really, really, didn't want this to fail and have to refund everyone!  Luckily, on Monday, my last post got a number of people to buy in and push the funding to the point I could pay GMK and cover a good portion of shipping with GB funds.

Let's hope for a quick production and nice product!  Can't wait to start shipping these out!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 12:13:06 »
3 spots open!  Please let me know if you are interested. 
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 August 2016, 13:35:53 by MaNiFeX »